• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 1,156 Views, 14 Comments

To Trust Chaos - Spiral Eyes



Twilight has to watch over Canterlot with Discord, but can she trust him?

  • ...
2
 14
 1,156

Chapter 2

Walking into the throne room, Twilight was in total awe. She had, of course, been in this room many times before, being where nearly all of the mission given to her and her friends were given to them. But she was seeing this room with new eyes, with a perspective she had never seen before-Not as one of the ordered, but as the one passing the orders. This new perspective gave her a new fear of where she stood, the room’s size seeming more like a monster than a place. She felt a thousand emotions at once, looking down at her hooves in terror of the steps she must take. “…Well….here we go…” she uttered those words with more cracks than with her actual voice. She shook as she stepped closer and closer towards the chair on the altar, every particle of dust floating up around her as each hoof hit the ground. As she finally reached the throne, she took a deep look at it, feeling a pounding fear as she stared at it. She still couldn’t believe that Celestia had asked her to take this position, temporary as it may be. She wasn’t ready for this. She’d never be read for this. What was Celestia thinking, making her , the young, neurotic, imperfect Twilight Sparkle true honest to goddess royalty?

Twilight quivered and took a deep breath, her eyes closing as she took a seat on the large chair. Adjusting her flank, Twilight’s body began to relax. “Hey…this is pretty comfortable…”She opened her eyes and looked out on the room from atop this new view. Suddenly, all the discomfort that had accompanied her on the way to the chair vanished from her body, forced out by new, more powerful emotions. She felt proud, excited, hopeful, hopeful that this stint as ruler, as difficult as it’d be, could teach her many great things, and help her to understand this new part of her life. The feeling was amazing. So amazing in fact, that it almost made her forget about…

“BZZZZZ!” Discord played a comically large kazoo in Twilight’s face, forcing her out of her enamored state in a single, swift jolt. “Hello Twilight!” He yelled in a flamboyant shout. “Are you getting used to this rickety old block of a chair?!”He laughed a bit, circling the air around her. “Princess Twilight…Princess Twilight Sparkle…I’m not quite sure I’ll ever get used to saying that…”

“Discord!” Twilight scolded loudly, her voice seething with annoyance. “you just ripped me out of my train of thought!”

“Oh, you were thinking? About what princess? A stallion? A jewel? The absolute and limitless power that comes with being Equestrian royalty?” Twilight did nothing but look at the creature in absolute irritation in complete silence. Discord rolled his eyes at this. “Well, if that last one was on your mind, I think it only right to remind you to partake in your primary role in this position-“ On his wrist appeared a large clock, , which he nearly shoved into Twilight’s face.

Twilight read what the clock said-8:48 PM. A glance out a window showed the sun blaring at its full force. “Oh No!” Twilight jumped from the throne, all those feelings of discomfort she had cast away returning to her almost instantly. “I have to bring the night!” She sprinted towards a door behind the altar, which led to the bedroom of Princess Celestia, and through that, Twilight ran to a door that led to a balcony outside. Braking hard, she stopped, then looked out from the view of the balcony. She cringed a bit, the sun’s rays overpowering her eyes. The mighty ball of flame cast over Twilight, wrapping her in its light and heat, making her feel every bit of power the star held-the power her teacher controlled with ease-the power that Twilight now had to master herself. The mare gulped in fear, then took a firm stance into the sun’s glare.

Magic built around her horn, its purple aura shimmering as Twilight focused here eyes directly onto the sun. It remained motionless. The light of Twilight’s horn grew, her face gaining an expression of intense determination. The sun still kept its place in the sky. Sweat began to drip down from her face, the aura around her head beginning to dissipate. In a fight to regain control, Twilight grinded her teeth, and grew her horn’s light larger than ever. Despite all her persistence to force otherwise, the sun did not move, and those rays that once warmed her now seemed to taunt and shame the purple mare. In almost an instant, the light disappeared from her horn, and Twilight jerked her head to a hanging state, panting viciously and sweat dripping from her like water flowing from a faucet.

“Exhausted?” Discord asked with a sense of sarcasm. He sipped at a glass of juice he was holding, while he lazed on a lawn chair, large sunglasses blocking out the irritation of the light. Twilight only gave a spiteful look towards the prankster, her eyes shouting an unbelievable rage. “Would you like some help with this? I could easily do those tasks of Celestia’s that are far above your current abilities…and you do have a great many things to prepare for tomorrow….” At the snap of his fingers, a large book appeared in the air, the cover presenting the title as “The Princess” , the name Marecheavelli written shortly below those words. “Here, take the book, begin to ready your mind for tomorrow’s affairs, and I, the faithful servant to the crown that I am, will tend to this tedious transition of time.”

Twilight looked at the book and at Discord, her expression a compounding of annoyance and utter depletion. Discord gave a small charming smirk, forcing a groan of submissive anger from Twilight. “Fine. You do it.” She grabbed the book with magic, and trudged off ward, back into the Celestia’s room. She looked at the fireplace, seeing where she would decide to rest during this reading session. Next to the fireplace was a red rug, which held a large, round, red pillow near the front of it. Twilight laid herself on the rug, adjusting herself until she finally felt comfortable. She opened the book, and began to read. Outside, the light of day was fading away, the black of night dominating it. Twilight gave a sigh of relief, satisfied with how Discord seemed to be fulfilling his word.

Hours passed as Twilight read, barely even getting through a fraction of it. “This is a tough reaaaaa-“ She gave a loud yawn before she could finish her sentence. “Wow…I’m tired….” With magic, she grabbed a blanket and draped it over herself, and rested her head on the pillow. Suddenly, Discord appeared in front of her.

“Oh Twilight, sleeping already? “ He rolled his eyes again. “Pathetic. Dear, Celestia is turning out to be far more entertaining than you…” Twilight ignored him, closing her eyes, and falling into a deep sleep. “Ugh! No fun at all…” Discord smiled a bit. “I suppose I’ll just have to fix that tomorrow, won’t I?” He chuckled, flying out of the room, his brain beginning to concoct schemes of grand unmitigated chaos.

__________________________________________________________

The whole world was shrouded in darkness, blocking the vision of what day would be. In the distance, over hills and fields and miles, a dark figure stood atop a patch of dark and foggy clouds, looking at the far off Canterlot Castle in envy. But that look of envy soon transformed into one of anticipation, with a smirk of sinister accomplishment. “The Princesses are gone…the inexperienced mare is in control….All is going according to plan…” Her evil grimace grew more foul and craving. “the next phase will begin tomorrow…”

Author's Note:

Welp...here's chapter two...hope you all like it..

Comments ( 6 )

Oh no it's Chrysalis and she's going to show everyone her One Piece fan art. RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!

2231456

...One Piece fanart? I'm not catching this, is this a thing people are doing with Chrysalis now? xD

2231506
I don't know, I was just being random.

Grab a proof reader. You haven't written much, so one could easily fix the (few) mistakes in both of your stories.

Also don't write blocks of text. Give your readers some breathing room. Just look at the 1st paragraph of the second chapter to see what I mean.

4263930
I'll have to do that. I usually self edit, and usually think that I catch everything, but after doing 'Teatime'....yeah, the comments on there make the mistakes I've made very clear.

And in regards to the text blocks, I fully admit that that's one of my bigger issues as a writer. I know 'To Trust Chaos' has a lot of issues in that regard, and a few of those in 'Teatime' as well. Its something I'm gonna work to push past. Thanks for the feedback, criticism is always welcome.

Ay, ya gonna write sometime soon?
It's almost been a decade now.

Login or register to comment