• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 405 Views, 16 Comments

Rotting Apples - Night Moonstone



Applejack is no stranger to loss. After another family member is laid to rest, she is left vulnerable to things better left to legends and superstitions. And Nightmares.

  • ...
3
 16
 405
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 7 )

2190121
Well follow and find out. :pinkiehappy:

Shit's starting to get real now.

This story has been reviewed by: The Equestrian Critics Society

Story Title: Rotting Apples

Author: Night Moonstone

Reviewed by: Shahrazad

Rotting Apples is a sad story but not a tragedy. There is a distinction here that many authors fail to grasp but this story treads the line nicely. It keeps the sad tone without being overwhelming. The story doesn’t throw any cheap punches, nor is the sadness there just to make readers sad. The emotive focus of the story gives it a cohesive feeling that should keep readers engaged without being depressed.

Full Review

Score: 7.0/10

2354224
As per your comments on why I chose anthropomorphic characters over human or straight up ponies is a simple one. I find them more relatable. Humans, on the one hand, are boring. We are human and we know almost every motion of a story such as mine. Ponies on the other hand are tailor made for a Utopian world and such a sad or horrifying tale would be out of place. I chose the middle ground for a more relatable yet not wholly familiar cast.
As for your second comment about how they're acting rather queer in regards to the death of Granny Smith comes down to both head cannon and observations in the show. I think of the Apple family as being very tight knit; simple and kind, they are intensely loyal to their own. Indeed, having a family reunion on such a large scale shows how deep they care for one another. I assumed that, if one of them happened to pass away (especially Granny Smith, who is a surrogate mother of sorts), they would treat the death rather harshly.
Other than these two points, I find that you're review is more than fair. I'm quite aware that my skills as a writer are developing but I hope by writing these fictions, I can and will improve.
Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review! It means a lot to both my motivation and my ego. :pinkiehappy:

Is there shipping this because i get a shipping vibe from how you have AJ keep mention Dash and remembering how they met and going to have lunch with her like its a date.

2466488
At first I did want some implied shipping but I'm more a supporter of RariJack than AppleDash. Dash is only a catalyst for the main plot and, if I can write it, a story of her own involving the same antagonist (who has already shown her influence but not her form. SPOILER! SPOILER!)

2477103
I see then that's an interesting idea. yeah i like rarijack too:scootangel:

Login or register to comment