• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 971 Views, 9 Comments

Where in Equestria are we? - Blackdrag-rose



That is the question Trixie, Derpy Hooves, and Lyra find themselves asking when they awaken in a strange world. A world with gateways leading to other worlds.

  • ...
6
 9
 971

XVIII: Aftermath

One week had passed since the defeat of the dreaded Oblivion and the machine Vegna, the lesser of which the Warriors of Harmony were glad they didn't have to fight. The day of Oblivion's defeat was met with happy results as the army broke open their containers of all things related to brew; beer, ale, wine, and all, and drowned themselves in merry making. It was the way things should have been; everypony relaxing and not having to fight a deranged overlord from another time who hated everypony else.

The remaining three Riders; Pinkie, Rider of War, Spitfire, Rider of Famine, and Lyra, the Rider of Pestilence, stood in front of the Gatekeeper soon after their defeat. Pinkie swore that she would atone for her sins as both the Rider of War and the violent beast she had been known as while under the influence of Oblivion. Lyra and Spitfire, both taking their time on the matter, reluctantly agreed with Pinkie that they needed to atone for their crimes. Death Scratch, the fourth Rider, was long gone at that point, reduced to sand that not even Vinyl could reassemble.

The Elements of Hate, now taking on the titles of Harmony again, stood on a hill far from the celebrating army, five of them not feeling the joy in the celebration. Course Pinkie was the one trying to lift their spirits, but there was one thing Twilight had done that had set the record straight between Cadence and Pinkie. She had given Shining a new heart and, with some dark magic involved, she had successfully resurrected her fallen brother.

Vinyl, on the other hoof, stared out at the swirling mass of gateways, trying to pick out a certain door that would help her in her final mission. After the defeat of Hatred she had taken a count of everypony that had been on Oblivion's army, writing names so she knew who was alive and who was dead. There was only one pony who had somehow eluded her search and now was currently missing in action, one pony she was responsible for.

"Hey Vinyl," Octavia said, sitting by her partner as Lyra and Derpy joined them, "What are you searching for?"

"Its Trixie," Vinyl answered, rubbing her eyes after setting her glasses to the side, "She's still out there somewhere, lost among all the worlds in the universe. She could be anywhere, but now I have no idea where to start looking for her. I spent a thousand years searching for the seven keys to Oblivion's prison, but now I might spend another thousand searching for the one mare who hates me with a passion."

"You'll find her Vinyl," Octavia smiled, grabbing the glasses and slid them over Vinyl's muzzle, "If its anything your good at then finding those you care about is like a second cutie mark for you. You found the seven keys and me quite easily, so do what comes naturally to you. Choose a new world and let the adventure begin anew!"

Vinyl looked up at Derpy and Lyra, receiving nods from them. She smiled and let Octavia help her up, her eyes following the door she wanted. She held her hoof out and the gateway to her chosen world opened before the four of them. Octavia was right, she realized, finding Trixie was just another adventure for them to begin anew.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment