• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 15 Comments

Princess Luna goes into a Black Hole - LittleAngelStocking



Princess Luna decides to go into a Black Hole

  • ...
9
 15
 1,199

The Event Horizon

“I’m bored.” Princess Luna repeated to herself for the umpteenth time. She groaned, and rolled onto her back, staring at the canopy of her bed. Being the Princess of the Night could be hard at times in the sense that she had nothing to do. Even royal duties were few at night, and this particular one had held nothing interesting for her, she sat up and jumped off of the bed. She trotted towards her balcony, opened the door and stepped out into the cool night air. She took a deep breath and stared admiringly at her beautiful night sky.

What to do, she thought. Make a cleverly hidden phallic symbol among the stars? No, I do not want to ruin it. Have Scorpius emerge early and scare the loincloth off of Orion? Now that would be a sight to see! Ha! Luna thought for a moment more, before a wide smile split her face.

“I wonder… wouldn’t it be fun to fall through a black hole?” she grinned to herself. Not in person, of course! That would be foolish. Nopony could even get to the moon on their own, no less build the things required to find and go into a Black Hole. No, she would simply use her ethereal form, the one she used to raise and lower the moon with such ease. It shouldn’t be too hard, and with her mind separate from her body she’d have no danger of being sucked in.

Luna observed the night sky; she had memorized the locations of a few black holes, but she was looking for a certain one, one sized just perfectly so…

“Aha!” she nodded to herself. “Perfect!” I should really start naming the black holes that I find, she thought to herself before closing her eyes and mentally preparing to launch. Luna prepared her will, and moved forward; separating from her mortal – er, immortal body and towards her exciting destination. ‘Why have I never thought of this before? This will be so much fun!’ she thought excitedly.

Further and further away she traveled, leaving behind earth, the moon, the sun… Further and further, what would have taken a normal body (provided they could somehow survive the vacuum of space) thousands of years to travel took Luna mere seconds.

And then she arrived. Even like this she could hear the noise; due to the vacuum of space sound was impossible for the naked ear to hear, but like this Luna could hear the sounds of the universe perfectly. She could see the massive black hole, and the event horizon was sized so as to give her plenty of time to travel before she would go inside.

Oh, what will I find in there? Planets? Stars? Galaxies? Other black holes? Luna descended forward, slowly at first. She knew she had no reason to fear, but she felt safer like this anyhow. Slowly, she fell into the event horizon. She swooped down close, covering the distance slowly. She felt the gravity slowly increase as the got closer, and she turned her head; eyes widening in surprise. The stars and other observable things in the universe from here were getting brighter, and brighter as she moved closer. She was curious, but not frightened. The black sky around her – the event horizon, was growing. No, no, it just looked like that she chuckled to herself. The black hole itself filled half of her vision, which was odd to her. She could be that close already. Behind her, what should have been a sky full of stars looked as though all of the stars had been shoved together, crammed into a small handful in the hemisphere behind, while the rest was darkness.

‘Odd,’ she muttered.

The event horizon looked like a giant bowl: like she was falling into a giant, black bowl. She swooped lower, gaining speed. She wasn’t scared: but this was getting creepy. The stars behind her squeezed together tighter, looking like they were now at the end of the tunnel, yet they never actually left her sight. The pull of the gravity got stronger and stronger, she gained more and more speed: she was getting closer.

Closer, closer…

Nothing.

Luna stopped. Gravity, sound, all of it: gone. Just like that. She looked around. Black. No stars, no light, no sound. Just black. Nothing. There was nothing here. Luna felt just a tiny bit frightened… she was on the very edge, the brink, almost there… but she didn’t want to move forward. She wanted to go back. She knew later she’d smack herself fore becoming a scaredy-cat, but she could always try again later. She turned towards where she was sure she’d come from… but there was nothing there. She shrugged, Okay, find the singularity and I can go in the right direction.

But something was wrong; she realized… the gravity was all around her. There was no direction she could use to get out; using the singularity she should have been able to position herself in the direction to escape, but there was no direction: all around her, the gravitational pull was increasing. She was in the lowest point of the event horizon… everywhere she went would be going… downhill.

Suddenly, Luna no longer feared what was inside the black hole, how would she escape?

There was no way out. She was trapped. Every direction would take her to the singularity – it was useless. Her breathing quickened as the realization hit her: any directions that would have taken her home now pointed directly into the past.

Her heart nearly stopped at the realization. The singularity – the gravity that would suck her down was all around her…

And it was getting closer…

Author's Note:

Proofread by Crimsongraph

So get this, I had the idea a long time ago, than forgot about it. I remembered it recently, and began to write it, only to discover I had already written it and forgotten about it. How does that even happen?

I'm just going to assume I wrote it around the time I started A New Nightmare, because I forgot about that too.

Well, this is short, rushed, and kinda sucky, I probably should have revised it... But oh well.

Comments ( 15 )

It's not awfully written or anything, but there just feels like there's no point to it. Luna does something obviously dangerous. Dies. The end.

Yeah. I got a sort of g1 vibe. The beginning was great and I liked the phallus joke, but that joke didn't at all fit with the rest of the story.

Pretty good. I liked it, not all stories have a point by the way. All I see if a well written story.

Maybe to earth?

1995651 Yeah; this is the old one.. I'm working on a new one that will hopefully be better

There MAY be a way "out", but it's just as dangerous if not more so than the Black Hole itself..... A Quasar! A violent "jet" expulsion from a "full" Black Hole.:twistnerd::eeyup::twilightoops::unsuresweetie::moustache:

2028046 You know, this is random, but wouldn't it be hilarious if Princess Celestia lost her temper and the sun went hypernova? I mean, she's always so calm, pent up anger built up over the centuries of her rule can't be healthy :rainbowlaugh:

2028051 Random is right! What could possibly compell you to make a potentially hilarious scenario like that! Twilight and Luna would probably lose all their mane trying to sort out just what the heck would make her do that!:twilightangry2:
.
.
.
.
.
Please make it so!:trollestia:

2028091Eh... Maybe once A New Nightmare is finished :moustache:

2028113 Don't worry, I read your home page comment. No pressure from me..... But... What if, you mixed both scenarios for a single story? Penny for your thoughts?:rainbowkiss:

2028170 What do you mean both scenarios? Scenarios from what? :rainbowhuh: (Sorry! I'm a derp and things go right over my head sometimes,)

2028183 No, I :derpytongue2:! What I meant was Luna going crazy with Black Holes and Celestia going Super here and Hyper there!:pinkiecrazy::facehoof::trollestia:

2028196 Oh! Hmm.... Maybe, I want to try and finish my other projects first before I start anything else, though :duck:

2028206 Take your time.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment