• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 2,843 Views, 52 Comments

Under the Northern Skies - Prolet



Twilight is longing for something deep - something more than just casual friendship. As she embarks on a mission to the Crystal Mountains with Rarity, her wish might just be granted. But under the Northern skies, something ancient has awoken.

  • ...
5
 52
 2,843

Epilogue: What Life Is Like

A brown earth pony mare, filling baskets with water on the shore, took curious glances at us. Both Rarity and I waved at her, and she waved back, raising an eyebrow.

I put my right hoof in the cold water, creating a weird contrast with my left one, which was huddled over Rarity’s warm body. The Golden River was quite an experience from this close, especially in a small wooden raft, carefully enchanted to last through even the more dangerous parts of the river. Right now, we were slowly moving downstream. The river was surrounded by fields, plains, and the occasional forest in these parts. At times, we saw a house or two.

Rarity gently nibbled my ear, making me blush. “Rares, would you please stop that?”

“Oh, fine,” giggled Rarity, giving my ear a lick that sent sparkling tinges through my body. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

I shrugged, letting out a nervous laugh. “I don’t know. It seems like I do. You can do that as long you want to…” I tickled Rarity, who tried to restrain my hoof, failing. “…as long as I can do this.”

And so we continued teasing each other, not caring about the time that rushed past. Before we even realized, the taller buildings of Hoofington became visible to our right, behind the same fields that we’d trod on only a week ago.

Perhaps I am lucky. But what I’ve gotten, I can keep, sharing my experiences with the ones I love.

Zachary Frasca:
I like the message. This is a good story you have here. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
I'm glad I could help with it.
-MasterFrasca99


Ларпа Пролет:
Thanks. And even more so, thanks for helping me out with this one, and my other stuff too.

Comments ( 9 )

Wow. I'm gonna be honest, after the previous chapter I didn't think it was coming to an end so soon, but actually... It works. And now that it's over, I can't help but feel kind of sad... :pinkiesad2: That's the sign of an accomplished story. :twilightsmile:

I was half-expecting this 'other' Twilight to simply be the future version of 'our' Twilight, and I'm glad this wasn't the case. Though I felt it was a little strange to have practically all of 'other' Twilight's story explained right near the end, I'm not sure how you'd have gotten around that. Maybe with a dual narrative setup like I have with Legacy? But considering they're both Twilight that could have led to some confusion... Hmm. I guess it would have been difficult to do it like that.

As for Twi and Rares? D'awwwwwwwwwwwwww. :twilightblush: This was a really good story, and right now I'm hoping for the return of your excellent Lyra/Bon fic from ages ago. :rainbowwild: And to think I only browsed your stories on a random whim... Oh, the places life takes us. :pinkiesmile:

Much love! :heart:

This has been one of my favorite fictions on this site for a long time, and I can honestly say I am only sad to see it end. I like that you didn't state out right "We kissed, so we're dating." But instead let them linger on what their feelings meant. Excellent work.

2876309
I'm not really into dual narratives. I have even considered rewriting the prologue to be a dream of Twilight. As for the Lyra/Bon stuff, likely not. At least not in its original form. I will continue to write ponyfic, but likely won't start big projects anytime soon.

I'm also glad you liked the story :twilightsmile:

2876756
2877619
Thanks :twilightsheepish:

I have over 600 stories in my favorite list here on fimfiction, and It's been a while since I've read something so exciting that i could not tear myself away from it. :twilightsmile:.
You really nailed the atmosphere, in a way few others have done. The one thing that surprised me most of all, is just how little recognition your story have gotten. It's a shame really, for this is one of the deepest most exciting fic's I've read in a long time. :heart:.

3027731
Thanks. Really, I think the biggest issue are the first few chapters and the somewhat disconnected prologue. Of course I could go back and revise them, but I'd rather write new stuff.

Have you ever considered submitting this story to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here.

3882221
I submitted it a long time ago and got a rejection.

This story has been sitting in a tab seemingly forever for me to read it.
I'm quite glad I did. There just simply aren't enough quality Rarilight adventure fics, let alone any at all.
The Alicorn 'Twilight' was surprising, felt a bit out of nowhere, but was far from disappointing.

Definitely earned a thumbs up, and a place in my Read it Later list, where I keep my good sh*t:moustache:
One can only hope there's a sequel in the works.

I found this in my to read later list and I finally read it. I was in the middle of reading it when my parents found out what I was reading and was and still am, grounded for several months probably until I graduate and move out for college. Great store. Though confusing here and there a great story nonetheless.

Login or register to comment