• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 7 Comments

The Binding of Twilight - Iam Atrie



Twilight overdoes it on a simple half mile teleportation spell and ends up where no pony has gone before. Or wanted to go.

  • ...
1
 7
 1,063

Just Where is Twilight?

“C’mon Twilight, you can do it!” Cheers the little purple dragon, pounding his hands in the air against an imaginary table.

“Quiet Spike!” Twilight Sparkle immediately mutters, trying not to lose grip of her magic, which is already fully enveloping her horn with a blinding white-lavender glow. Her eyes are already shut, but she clenches them further and lowers her head slightly in incredible focus.

Spike still mouths words of cheer, the only real point being to defy her, so he smirks as he does it. His eyes never leave Twilight’s strained head, as he has seen the Ponyville library a thousand times in incredible detail, and the sky is no different from any other day. Just sunshine with the occasional fluffy cloud that passes over the sun, plus some light wind, making the leaves of the library sway. Sunlight breaches the building, spreading light evenly all throughout it.

However, shadows are still being created from the amazing light of Twilight’s horn. The field of magic is still growing and beads of perspiration roll down her face, falling suspiciously slowly to the wooden floor. She focuses harder and harder, making her whole body twist this way and that like a foal in a boring class.

The liquid falls even slower, and finally Spike takes notice. His hands and mouth stop moving as he begins to twist and back up a little, bringing one of his claws up to shield his eyes. He has seen this once before, and it ended with her getting badly burned.

“Uh Twilight?”

“Hnnnmmgg!”

“Bu-”

“MMM!”

Bark chips begin peeling off of the floor and start circling around Twilight as she magically lifts herself in the air. Books start falling off the shelves and reality begins to shake, making Spike walk backwards and search for a place to take cover. Somehow, the light gets even brighter, making the dragon turn fully and start to run. He shortly reaches the edge of the library and sees a white flash against the wall. He turns back around slowly as he asks her, “Uh Twilight? Are you o-... Twilight? Twilight!? Where’d you go!?”

He looks all around in search for his friend, growing more worried each second. Not in the bookshelves, not in her room, not in the closet not in the shower not outside not anywhere! Where could Twilight be? She was working on a teleportation spell to get to the edge of the Everfree Forest, but it must have gone wrong. Spike eventually gives up looking inside the library, so he goes out to ask her friends. Cheerilee is his first target, she seems to know more about magic than anypony else in Ponyville.

So, where is Twilight?

Her world is black and lonely, but not for long. She jolts to life, staring up at a strange peach-coloured creature.

Her brain instantly catches up to her, so without hesitation she speaks, “what!? Spike? Where are you? What happened?” She looks up into the glossy eyes of the creature, who is smiling pleasantly. “Who are you? What did you do!?”

She shuffles back, still laying, and quickly runs into a wall, next to a closed door. Knowing no escape, she clambers to her hooves and assesses the situation and room, going deep into thought.

Adrenaline floods her body as she sees the scorched earth and blast marks in the dank, cramped cavern.

The monster, no longer smiling, walks towards her, holding up it’s stubby arms in protest of her fear. He shakes his head and smiles a little awkwardly, trying to show no fear or harm.

Of course, Twilight responds like an adult should, “AGH! NO! Back away! Just, just back away! Don’t come any closer!” She yells, weakly activating her horn and trying to back inside the wall. Her hooves scrape and dig into the ground, forcing her back into the muddy barrier. She feels absolutely frightened, and lets burst a beam of magic to the thing’s right, hitting and evaporating against a large rock. The monster starts frowning and blinks, causing some sort of light blue projectile to shoot at her, making her scream. It hits her, but it doesn’t hurt, it just makes her slide as if the wall was made of ice.

Her heart beats like a maniacal pony on a drum, but she does not scream again, realizing the monster can do no harm and is not acting too violent. However, Twilight still hyperventilates and sidles around to the other side of the room, making her hooves even muddier. She backs up against the wall again, but not as violently.

“So... who are y-”

BANG!

A door opens loudly and in steps another creature, wearing an eyepatch and ankle bracelet.

“THERE’S MORE!? Just where am I!?” Booms Twilight, scuttling viciously away from the new thing that entered, which happens to be right next to her. It turns and looks at Twilight, wearing a creepy grin of curiosity on his face. It -- probably a boy, Twilight thinks, -- turns back to the original monster and holds up his stump of an arm, which creates a stack of paper in it. The two creatures smile greatly and look back towards the unicorn, who is still scared out of her mind. The first one puts out an arm as well, revealing a small bottle of ink along with a pointy quill.

Our lavender mare is still breathing quickly and trembling, wishing to wake up from this dream.

It has to be a dream, right? I’ve never heard of anything like this, so I’m just dreaming, right? Right?

Twilight slams her hoof into her stomach, forcing a weak cough, and the two monsters rush towards her, looking ever so worried.

“No! STAY. AWAY!” She screams, shooting another warning shot.

Looking disappointed, monster number one suddenly smiles and looks towards Number Two, holding out his arm with the ink in it. Number Two offers the paper, and Number One holds them both out, then above his head. A flash of yellow light and a booming choir sounds, making Number One looke like a deity. This even further confuses Twilight, almost to the point of fainting. Number One sits down on the muddy floor, and points his glassy eyes to the ground, then places a single sheet of paper. The quill appears in his hand, which is brought down to the ink bottle, which also appears suddenly. Number One’s tongue sticks out in concentration and the quill moves quickly along the white rectangle.

Still in shock, Twilight starts twitching a bit, but Number One, smiling brightly, fearlessly marches up to her with the drawn on paper in his right arm.

In a childish scribbly way, it spells: “MAi NAM iS iSAAc. wAt iS YoRS?”

Comments ( 7 )

Binding of Isaac x-over? Oh yeah:yay:

It's a bit early but I think this has a lot of potential:twilightsmile:

I absolutely love The Binding Of Isaac, so this goes on the favourites before I even read it :pinkiehappy:

Yay :pinkiegasp: I love this. I can not wait to see where this goes.

This is the second Binding of Isaac crossover I have seen here. I didn't even think it was possible to make it work.

Isaac and Cain? Fuck yeah.

Hell yeah! Cain is the best character, hands down.

Login or register to comment