• ...
7
 7
 945

Writer's Notes

Author's Notes:

I can't believe it's been a full year since I've wrote this fanfic (PLR: Pony Liberation and Resistance). Looking back on it now, I realized it was nothing more than a poorly written wall of text. Which I might add, makes me want to vomit, considering my writing has improved considerably since then.

I was going to write this review sooner, however, I had just started college for Computers and a business Admin. Minor, so I was actually pretty busy the whole time (That and considering I had an internship with the IT people at my local hospital, that took time away from writing and updating my other stories).

However, I am very surprised to how popular it actually was to the readers (About 4,000 views), that is pretty good considering it's my first full length fanfic. So I'd like to thank the viewers for putting up with my poor writing skills. 3

So now I'd like to discuss the story. SPOILER ALERTS for those who haven't read the fic. PLR: Pony Liberation and Resistance came to me as an idea after reading Animal Farm by George Orwell (Same writer for 1984). Considering how easy it was for revolution to be ideal (Which if you think about it, the earth pony seems to be the group that gets the short end while the rest of the population: Pegasi, Unicorns, and Alicorns, seemed to live in some relative luxury. I assumed that communism would have been the ideal political and economic system from the point of view of the earth ponies, and created Bucephalus as a sort of Lenin figure. The whole point of the fanfic was actually supposed to be a sort of allegory for the Russian Revolution, except in this case it's Equestria and the Bolsheviks are the earth pony group: Pony Liberation and Resistance. As a result, I tried to model some of the events of the Russian Revolution, but made it ponified. Bucephalus' right hand (or should I say "hoof") pony, Ground Rider, was supposed to be a combination of Stalin and a bit of Vladimir Makarov from Call of Duty (This was my first fanfic, have mercy on me). I created Ground Rider to be a sort of sadistic psychopath who got things done, mostly acts of terror, such as blowing up cities, executing mares and foals, etc. Just whatever to get things done. Big Mac's role in the story was to play the part of a naïve person, who thought this was for the greater good. As the story progressed, Big Mac was trapped and couldn't get out, lest he be killed himself.

I wrote two other stories: PLR Union of Equestrian Soviet States as a sequel, and PLR: The beginning as a prequel. Unfortunately, I do not see myself finishing those stories in the foreseeable future. I just have too much on me right now, college classes and the like. However, instead I have plans for an entirely different set of stories. Each one has nothing to do with the other, however as the stories progress, they connect, like trees and their roots.

Well that's all I have for today. See yah later- Caesar

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment