• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 1,280 Views, 18 Comments

Floored - Nyan_Cat



The only thing worse than losing the thing you love most... is losing your best friend, too.

  • ...
1
 18
 1,280

Chapter Two - Release

July 4, 4 Years N.M.R. Ponyville Hospital.


It was 3 a.m. of the next week, the morning of which Rainbow Dash was to meet her friends. She recounted their names in her head, her drowsiness making her forget minor things. She blinked a few times, then groggily looked up at the window. The bright light of the moon cut through her room, making a slash of color through the middle of the room as if a scythe had been slashed through it. She yawned.

Why am I... up this late? she thought, rubbing her eyes with her hooves. I gotta get some sleep so I can see my friends later... She blinked a few more times, her eyes slowly easing shut. Don't wanna... be half asleep... when they... get... here... Rainbow Dash grunted, then rolled over in her bed.

She was now facing a blue picture frame and a letter. The picture was of her and her five... four... four friends, all standing together. They had been in a movie theater, all dressed up. Rainbow smiled at the memory. It had seemed like it had been ages ago.

She slowly reached her hoof out and picked up the parchment. It had been from Twilight, and she received it earlier today from a passing nurse. She hadn't taken the time to read it yet, but she knew that Twilight would be mad at her if she didn't. Rainbow reached over once more and flicked on the lamp, which cast a warm, gentle glow across the room. Dash held the parchment up, scanning the pages, her eyelids half closed.

Accident... Pinkie... Fluttershy owning Gummy... Same old, same old. she thought, then flinched. How could I think that?! Even after all that happened...! Rainbow heaved a sigh, then picked up the paper and angrily set it on the table. She then put out the light, although it was more of a punch out, and tossed over in the bed, noticing all the crinkles in the bed sheet as they folded to and fro over her hooves.

Tears silently fell down her face, dropping onto the sheets beside her. It was still too much. She still couldn't bear the loss of her friend. Sniffing a few times, she threw the blanket over her head. It smelled of fresh linen, and was slightly warm, as if it had just come out of the drier. Just like her little stuffed animals, back a home.

Rainbow grinned, thinking of that embarrassing situation. She especially thought of her little Wonderbolts doll, which she had won in a flight tricks contest when she was just a little-bitty filly. It was modeled after Spitfire. She also had a Soarin' and Fleetfoot at home, too. They all sat in a shelf above her bed, and she would hug them every night before she fell off to sleep. She gave a quiet sigh, wishing she had one here now to hug and fall asleep next to. She certainly needed some comfort lately.

She had gone a week without any visits, because the doctors said she was actually getting a bit worse. Her vital signs were slowly dropping, and she became more and more drowsy as the days went on. Because of this, the whole meeting was canceled, but they were allowing two to come in. It only made sense that Twilight and Fluttershy came, because they didn't have any pressing matters and they were actually somewhat involved.

Rainbow Dash sunk deep down into her bed, but as she did, she heard a little thunk! at her door. She leaned over so that she could get a better look. A envelope lay on the floor in front of the entry. She laid there for a minute, glaring at it, but she unfortunately didn't have any ways to levitate things, and finally sighed, got up, grabbed it, turned on the light, and studied it. It was written in a somewhat fancy styled handwriting, but not Princess Celestia fancy. Spike. That meant Twilight. Rainbow sighed, then cautiously opened the envelope. She'd been getting nonstop letters from Twi as of late.



Dear Rainbow D.~

How're things at the hospital? It's okay over here. None of us are very happy, though. You should know why, right? The Cakes haven't been fending too well. Applejack has the hardest job right now, being a full time job bucking apples, watching Applebloom, Scootaloo (because you asked her), Sweetie Belle (Rarity was busy with an order), Pumpkin Cake, and Pound Cake (since she was the only one available to watch them). It must be hard and all, watching five baby ponies. I have to take care of one dragon and one baby phoenix, and that's pretty hard by itself.

Anyways, Pinkie's loss departure accident has taken quite a toll on us. Have you been able to remember anything yet?

Fluttershy has been all cooped up in her cottage lately. She doesn't even answer the door any more, and Angel does it for her. She seems really really torn apart. I wish she could give us some more info, but no luck. She only permits entrance to Rarity and I. I guess she doesn't really want to spend time with Applejack or any pony else because she isn't really that acquainted with them, you know?.

It's a bit funny, isn't it? Like how we're the Elements of Harmony, but some of us don't really know the others very well. Fluttershy and Applejack, for instance. Or Applejack and I. Actually, really only you and Pinkie know knew Applejack well. But, say, Rarity and Applejack? No way. Friend circles can be a bit odd.

Rainbow Dash flipped to the next paper. There were three in all. This one was written a bit different, as if Spike might've stopped and Twilight continued.



By the way, how are those Daring Do books? Spike said the other day that he might take up reading as a hobby, but I don't know. He doesn't seem like he has the fitting personality. Then again, he doesn't seem like he'd be into sports. What does he like? I'll have to ask.

Oh, by the way... when the Cakes were clearing out Pinkie Pie's room, they found an old letter written by her, it seems. I've already read it, but I've enclosed it so you may do the same. It seems that she was hoping to give some stuff to us, like presents? I can remember one time when I visited myself from the future (remember that? It's a bit comical now, when you think about it) and everypony was freaking out. I remember visiting Madame Pinkie Pie so she could tell me my fortune. She said that I was going to get a 'really awesome birthday present' from her, or something like that. Maybe that's what she meant. Then again, maybe not. You could never really know with a crazy pony like her. Maybe that's why we loved her.

Well, it's getting late, and Spike has drifted off to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, hopefully. Goodbye,

Twilight Sparkle.

Rainbow smiled, happy she was getting contact from her friends. Well, make that one one friend sending stuff. She put her hoof in the envelope once more, and an old dusty piece of paper fell out and landed on her blanket. If Twilight wasn't such a cleaning fiend, there would've been twenty layers of dust on the thing. Rainbow carefully opened it, trying not to let it rip.



Pinkie Pie~

Hey there, self! It's fun writing letters.

Present list for my friends:

Vinyl: Glasses.
AJ: Boots!
TS: A book? A gift card? Ooh, a gift card to the bookstore!
RD: My special present. I'm still keeping it in the closet. It's gotta be a super-duper surprise!
FS: A novel.
PP: A cake! I LOVE CAKE!
R: This really fancy silk cloth I found the other day! It's really pretty!
MM: Some fancy quills
Cheer. A bunch of cupcakes
Spi. An old emerald and gold necklace I found. I think he'll like it.

I should give them all to my friends not just on their birthdays, but on one day at random, like a self made holiday! Pinkie Pie Present Day! PPPD! Great!

~Pinkie Pie!~



Rainbow Dash frowned. Why'd Twilight send me this? Also, what was that special present? I kinda want to know. Rainbow flipped the paper over, looking for more, and found nothing.

Rainbow sighed, then rolled over in her bed and flicked the lamp off and set the papers on the table. It was something to think about. She could answer Twilight's question later that... day...



July 4, 4 Years N.M.R. Ponyville Hospital.


Rainbow Dash awoke to the gentle rapping of a hoof at her room's door.

"C'mon in," she called faintly, rubbing her eyes. She yawned largely, and straitened her mane with her other hoof.

Twilight trotted into the room, a faint smile on her face. Fluttershy quietly followed, her head down, looking as if she'd been beaten. Rainbow never really understood why the mare had always seemed so... uncomfortable. Out of touch.

"Hey there, Rainbow. I hope you're well?" Twilight asked, setting a bag down on the ground. She levitated a notepad and quill out of it.

"I'm okay. Same old," Rainbow said, but she thought differently. She wanted to say How could you, Twilight? How could you ask that, knowing what had happened? It was MY FAULT, too. How can you ask if I'm 'well?' Of course not! She sighed.

"Great."

Fluttershy stood nervously in the corner, rubbing her foreleg on the other awkwardly. She still seemed a bit ill at ease, and wasn't even looking at any pony. She started muttering stuff, but it was at the ground.

"What was that, Fluttershy?" Dash asked.

"I said, I think I might want to talk about what happened now..."

"What was that?"

"I think I want to talk about what happened now."

Twilight rolled her eyes and didn't say anything, but she was glaring a hole in Fluttershy, which made the yellow pegasus even more nervous. A burst of confidence hit her, however, and she straightened up a little.

"Twilight. Rainbow," she said, making them both turn to look at her. "I want to talk about what happened. Okay?"

Twilight turned to look at Rainbow, who nodded. "Okay."

Comments ( 7 )

Here you go, chapter two.
Working on chapter three now.
Enjoy!
:twilightblush:

So looks like we'll be getting some answers. :trixieshiftright:

Good, better than the last chapter. The characters are showing some blame towards Rainbow and are taking Pinkies loss more seriously then last time. Keep this up and you'll do fine!

1759377
I hope I did well, angry Trixie. :pinkiehappy:

1760992
Great! Thanks for the feedback, by the way. :yay:

1762923 Trixie is more curious than angry. :trixieshiftleft:

A nice chapter and I can't wait to read more. This is looking good and it has my attention.

:moustache: looks like we will be getting some answers next chapter. looking fprward to it.

Login or register to comment