• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 1,347 Views, 21 Comments

Pink Flames - A Fox in Equestria



The night of Dash's wedding two friends of hers become close...

  • ...
2
 21
 1,347

The Next Day

The rest of the reception went well... I think.

When I got back to the party nothing really happened. I got a weird look or a sometimes glare whenever somepony looked at me, but overall, everypony had kept partying.

That was good and all, but the one pony i'm really worried about is Rainbow Dash. In an even more perfect world she will just pass it up as 'A Pinkie Pie thing', but it was Spitfire who kissed me! I'm a party mare and I have been Rainbow's friend for years, but Spitfire is her idol!

Wait! Rainbow Dash is a wonderbolt now! That means Spitfire might just be her co-worker now.

I sighed in relief and went back to cooking. The Cakes said I deserved the day off, "Pinkie you just threw a wonderful wedding for your friend! You spent the whole week planning, why don't you rest up?" But I refused. I had an amazing night and I got to sleep at like four! It's not like I can't... work... Sweet Celestia that pie looks comfy...

No! I can't fall asleep! There are ponies here that need sweets, and it is my duty to provide them!

I threw the pie that was almost my pillow onto my back and trotted into the dining area.

"Alright everypony! Who wants some piiiee..." The words died in my mouth. Usually that's just a figure of speech, but when I saw what was waiting for me in the dining area I could actually feel the words fall onto my tough as they clung to life.

The dining room was just as it was any other day, a couple ponies sat around eating treats, the Cakes served and cooked, and the market was visible through the windows. Everything was completely normal excluding one thing, or should I say pony.

Spitfire stood near the entrance looking around the shop. Her mane was bedraggled and her coat was scruffed up. Her eyes wearily made their way around the room until they settled on me. Spitfires eyes dilated bit, then she gave me a sheepish smile and waved a hoof.

I slid the new pie onto the the table and walked over to the tired mare, "Hi Spitty! What's up?"

She cringed as I said that and put a hoof to her head, "Hey Pinkie Pie. I came to, uhhh, do you want to talk... about last night?"

"Sure! What do you wanna talk about?" I asked her.

She looked around the room a bit, "Not out here. It's really loud."

I nodded in affirmation and motioned her into the kitchen. Once we were inside I turned back to see her pawing at the ground a little.

She started talking without looking up, "I'm really sorry I did that. I mean, it was totally rude of me and I probably embarrassed you so-"

I giggled and cut her off, "I'm not embarrassed silly! In fact, I was more worried about you! With all of that alcohol I'm surprised you even woke up today!"

Spitfire blushed, "I wasn't that drunk..." she mumbled.

I put on a serious face, "Spitfire, we sang a song about how drunk you were. It had a chorus and everything."

Spitfire laughed a bit, "Thanks, that's relieving. I just woke up scared that I got you in trouble or something so I flew down here because I remember you telling me where you worked and I-"

"Wait. You flew all the way from Canterlot just to see if I was alright?" I asked her, dumbfounded.

Her head flew up, "Well yeah! I've never done something like that before, and I just didn't know what a pony's supposed to do. So I just kinda... Yeah." she finished awkwardly.

I laid a hoof on her shoulder, "I'm fine. It wasn't that bad, and I kinda... liked it."

Why did I say that? She was drunk! I was drunk! She was just having a good time, she didn't mean anything by it. Just living in the moment, right?

"Me too..."

What.

Spitfire was looking at the floor again. She was blushing and smiling a little bit, "I wasn't drunk when we first met, and I think I started liking you then, but I guess I skipped a couple steps when I snogged you on stage." she giggled, "So, to make it up to you, how about that dinner we talked about?"

I smirked, "How do you remember that? When you asked you were about to pass out."

Spitfire raised an eyebrow and matched my smirk, "Is that a yes?"

I tapped a hoof to my chin for a few seconds.

"OH COME ON!"

"Just kidding. I would love too!" I told her.

I swear the only way to describe the noise she made is 'small fangirl squee.'

"Yay! OK, I'll pick you up around... Nine maybe?" she asked.

I nodded, "Sounds great."

"Great! See you then!" she said as she turned to leave.

"Hold up there girl!" I laughed as I grabbed her tail and pulled her back.

"What? What is it?" she asked while laughing too.

"Not that I wanna insult you before a date, but you smell like whiskey and sweat." I told her, "There's a bathroom upstairs. Go get clean. Oh, and keep a lookout for my pet alligator. Don't worry Gummy's harmless!"

Spitfire just giggled and went up the stairs.

---

'A harmless alligator.' I silently mused 'Well, at least this isn't going to be a boring relationship."

Author's Note:

A A/N bar? Back in my day we made those ourselves! Anyway. Yeah, I'm gonna take this one off hiatus and try to tackle it before my other one. By the way, my other story is confusing as hell (and i'm the author so that means shit's going down) and I'm keeping it ON hiatus until I finish this one (or find a mirror pool).

So... enjoy fillies!

(P.S. Is Gummy an alligator or crocodile?)

Comments ( 9 )

ummmm, at first thought i think crocodile, but when i think back i want to say alligator so... crockagator?dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/misc_TwilightWut.png

EDIT: he is and alligator, google said so

Short sweet good job.

Aye.
Just lend us a shout if you need any help in building the story.
We're here and ready to help.

I was about to say alligator, before i read first post and saw that somebody had beaten me to it XD
somehow I remember pinkie calling him an alligator, or possibly twi during the pinkie sense episode

1825441 aaaaand i may have forgotten to comment even slightly on the fic :ajbemused:
awesome chapter, nice to have a short one that gets to the point quickly for once XD
can't wait for more, good luck with the writer's block

Wow that was fast, if only shipping worked like that all the time.

sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/61388_527818947237763_59810996_n.png

I realize now that this chapter was very fast paced. Anyone got imput?1825350>>1825445>>1825630

1826281 I'd say you're fine.
It is in both these characters nature to be fast, so some of that may apply to pacing.
Though I suggest you try and slow down in some parts to develop the lovey wuvy love between these two.
Such as that sweet flank that you just want to take a bite on, then let the cotton candy melt in your....

Then Spitfire realized with an abrupt shock that her thoughts had taken a turn for the erotic. She blushed as she looked at the sleeping Pinkie Pie, that loveable, wuvy mare whose charismatic charm makes you wanna...

You get the idea.

Login or register to comment