• Published 22nd Oct 2012
  • 3,055 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Rock of Horrors - The card holder



Derpy Hooves recreates a musical episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

  • ...
1
 21
 3,055

The One and Only Chapter

Pinkie Pie went about her kitchen diligently, gathering the ingredients for an evening batch of cupcakes. As she was getting a bag of flour, she noticed a certain gray pegasus hovering just outside the open window.

"Hey, Pinkie!" Derpy said. "Wanna go do something?" Out of nowhere, she pulled out a bagged loaf of bread, helpfully labeled "Bread" on the packaging. "I've got bread~!" To emphasize her point, Derpy compressed the loaf in her hooves, producing a comical sound.

"Oh, sorry, Derpy!" the pink mare started. "I'm busy right now. I have a huge order to fill, and I don't have any time to waste! Maybe tomorrow, okay?"

Derpy nodded in agreement before flying off sadly.


Back at her house, Derpy went to the basement, where her temporary guest and friend was busy welding something onto a blue police box, for whatever reason. The pegasus had to yell over the noise to be heard.

"Hey Doctor! Whatcha doing?!"

The brown stallion stopped welding and looked at his host. "I'm don't mean to sound rude, Miss Hooves, but please, bug off. I'm busy at the moment." He continued his welding, as Derpy once again left, depressed. The moment she stepped outside, however, the depression was replaced with an idea. She knew somepony who wouldn't be busy at this hour!


Rainbow Dash was laying on her couch, eating from a bowl of popcorn. Her T.V. was blaring with the sounds of rapid trotting and gunshots. Western movies were a favorite of hers.

Silently, Derpy began hovering behind the closed window. "Hey Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiinbow Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash," she calls out to the rainbow-maned pegasus, hoping that she'll answer. Instead, however, Rainbow just lowered the shade on the window, not even saying anything or looking away from her T.V.

Rejected once again, Derpy flew back down to earth and started walking around aimlessly, a look of sadness upon her face.

"Why won't anypony spend time with me...?" she asks herself. She looks up, and spots a single star, brighter than all the others surrounding it. Recalling the old stories about wishing stars, she speaks a simple request.

"I wish I had somepony to spend time with me right now."

Of all the things that could've happened, near the bottom of Derpy's mental list was the fact that the star would suddenly rush to the ground, causing a large impact that threw Derpy off her hooves. When she looked back up in the direction of the crash site, she saw an ominous green glow just outside of Ponyville.

Crawling through some bushes, Derpy found herself at the edge of the crater, where a large, glowing, green, gooey, brain-shaped rock was laying motionless. As she caught sight of it, a musical voice suddenly projected itself from the rock.

Well, hello there, young mare,
don't be shy,

A green tentacle came from the glowing rock and pushed Derpy into itself, causing her to get some green slime on her hooves. The voice continued.

Step right up, I'm a reasonable guy,

Along with another tentacle, a green eye popped up on the front of the rock. Derpy gave it a nervous smile.

Don't be frightened by the look in my eye,
I'm just your average evil meteor from outta the sky.

A tentacle suddenly grabbed Derpy's head, suction coming from it. The tentacle then pokes around her head until it gets to one of her ears, where it tries to seemingly pull something out. It actually felt somewhat ticklish, so Derpy couldn't help but let out a chuckle as she protested. "He- Hey, whatcha trying to do? Suck my brains out?"

The meteor looked closely into her ear for a second, before pulling back and flipping the pegasus. When she got back on her hooves, the rock started talking again.

Well I'm just shy, and scared in this place,
just a fish outta water from outer space,
you can see that the trip has left me tired and drained, so why don't you be a pal...
...and bring me some BRAAAIINS!

Derpy, honestly not being the brightest, heard the word "pal" and decided to help. "Okay!"

The meteor lifted Derpy out of the crater, despite the fact that she could fly. Once she was put down, she turned and said to her new found friend, "Don't worry, new buddy! I'll get you all sorts of brains!"

Derpy flew home again, idly wondering why she was the only one who was checking out the landing site of the meteor. Those curiosities were forgotten, however, when she went into her kitchen. She looked for a bit, before finding a box labeled "Bran."

Yes, Derpy really wasn't all that bright.

Bringing the box back to the meteor, it grabbed it and looked at the label, before giving a look that questioned the intellect of this pony. Throwing the box away, he reached into a nearby house and pulled out a book. Flipping it to a certain page, he then showed it to Derpy. The book was on a page showing an x-ray of a pony's head, and a tentacle pointed to the brain. Derpy understood quickly. "Okay! Where do I find these so-called 'brains'?"

Go down to your friend's place,
see the dull expression on her face,
you'd be doin' her a favor if you brought her to me,
she ain't usin' her brain, she's just watching T.V.

Getting Dash out of her house and away from her Westerns only took the offhand mention that the Wonderbolts happened to be looking for her just outside of town. However, when she found not Spitfire, or Soarin, or any of the other Wonderbolts, but a glowing green rock, a look of confusion entered her face.

"Say, what's the big idea, Der-" Before she could finish her complaint, a tentacle dove into her ear, extracting her brain. The moment it popped out of her ear, her whole body took on a greenish shade, and she sat there, dumbly. Meanwhile, the brain was "eaten" by the tentacle, where it slid down to the rock. Ever so slightly, it grew.

After Derpy witnessed all of this, the creature gave her further instructions.

Go down to the Apple family,
Granny Smith ain't had a thought since forty-three,
her brain is the portrait of atrophy,
she ain't usin' it, why not give it to me.

After bringing the elderly pony (who, for some reason, was wearing a stylish hat) to the meteor, she received the same treatment as Dash, while the rock seemingly went into a chorus.

Brains, brains, I won't lie!
I'll eat their brains 'til they're zombified!
Sure, they might think it's deranged,
But they won't give it a thought after I've eaten their brain.

The tentacles removed the hat from the now-zombified Granny Smith, and instead placed it on Derpy's head. Her smile was wide under her new apparel.

Brains, brains, it's okay!
It's not a matter of it isn't gray,
if at first they think it's strange,
they won't think twice if they don't have a brain.

Derpy and the two zombies bobbed along with the infectious beat, before a tentacle smacked Derpy, telling her to go off and get more of the brains this thing craved.

Go down to the Won-Ton shop,
my fortune cookie says that I just can't stop!
I'll suck the noodle right out of their heads,
then half an hour later, I'm hungry again.

Derpy brought more and more ponies back to the meteor, and every one of them had their brains eaten, turning them into dancing zombies. The meteor itself was also getting bigger and bigger; it was a wonder that no one else came to check it out.

Creep into the donut shop,
sneak in, tip-toe past the cop,
pick me up a cruller and a cupful of tea,
and any other sweetbreads you happen to see.

As the creature went into the chorus again, the same cop that Derpy had snuck past had actually had the common sense to check out all the music and glowing. Unfortunately for him, he also lacked the common sense to report this, and instead fired off bolts of magic at the creature, all of them going wide. His brain was then liberated from his cranium, and he joined the trove of dancing zombies, led by Derpy.

More and more ponies were brought by Derpy, and more and more brains were feeding the creature. Even local celebrities, such as Twilight Sparkle, Rarity (and Spike, who attempted a poorly planned and executed rescue), and even Mayor Mare. At this point, it would be safe to assume that the majority of the town had been reduced to mindless dancers.

Brains, brains, I love 'em, I need 'em,
my tummy jumps for joy when I eat 'em,
big ones, fat ones, short ones, and tall ones,
they're so delectable, especially the small ones,
no time to cook 'em in a skillet,
my belly's rumblin', I got a need to fill it,
I don't fry 'em, the heat will only shrink 'em,
I just grab myself a straw, and I drink 'em uuup!

The meteor was growing to massive proportions, as was the crowd of dancing zombies. They all danced in a familiar fashion for a while, as one of the zombie ponies was inexplicably playing a trumpet.


At Sugar Cube Corner, Pinkie had just finished the large batch of cupcakes.

"Mr. and Mrs. Cake! The order's ready!" she called out. When they didn't answer, however, she went looking for them. Soon, she realized that they weren't there. "I wonder where they could be," she said to herself. At that moment, she looked out the window and saw a green-hued glow coming from not too far away, and she could hear an infectious trumpet playing.

"Oooh! This I gotta see!"


A tentacle patted Derpy on her head.

You've been swell, to go around,
and bring me every single brain in town,
but with all these brains, I can't help but think,
that there isn't one left out there to drink?


On her way to all the commotion, Pinkie saw the Doctor working on something through Derpy's basement window. She was curious to what he was doing, but she didn't pay it any mind. She apparently had a party to get to!


Now, fess up, girl, come on, heck,
is there someone that you're tryin' to protect?
Bring her down here, to meet her end,
and I promise, I'll be your bestest friend!

Hearing that, Derpy gave the creature's eye a hug before setting off for the few she hadn't brought to the thing yet.

Brains, brains, I won't lie!
I'll eat her brain until she's zombified,
sure, she might think it's deranged,
but she won't give it a thought, after I've eaten her brain.

On her way to fetch who she was thinking of bringing next, Derpy ran into Pinkie, who just happened to be the same pony she was thinking of bringing.

Brains, brains, it's okay!

Pinkie and Derpy happily hopped to the meteor. Pinkie didn't seem to care about the dancing zombies surrounding her.

It's not a matter if it isn't gray,
and if, at first, she thinks it's strange,
she won't think twice if she don't have a brain.

Pinkie had finally caught sight of the giant rock, and stood in shock.

Braaaaiiiins, bring me her braaaaaiiiiin,
bring me her BRAAAIIIIN, BRING ME HER BRAAAAAAIIIIN!

The meteor let out an evil laugh as the song finished.

"Ooh, is this a party? Because I'm the master at throwing par-" Before Pinkie could ramble anymore, a tentacle shot into her ear, pulling out her brain and leaving a mindless zombie. Derpy poked her with a hoof.

"Pinkie?"

The creature ate the brain like it did all the others, but it's eye dilated when it reached the rock part of him.

"Gah! What's happening?!"

The tentacles began melting away, as did the glowing green goo covering the rock. The creature then let out a pitiful yell.

"What a world...!"

The thing remained motionless, now just a brain-shaped rock with green goo puddling beneath it. Derpy went closer to it, to see what had happened, when the goo suddenly snapped back into position, only now it was pink. As Derpy stepped back, a familiar mane style showed up in the goo as two eyes opened on the front.

"Oooh! This is so cool!"

"Pinkie! Is that you?" Derpy asked, in awe.

"Yeppers! I guess my brain was too spicy for that poor... thing... you tried to feed me to!"

Derpy sheepishly looked at the ground. "I'm sorry, Pinkie." Suddenly, her demeanor flipped. "Can I do anything to make up for it?"

"Hmm... Well, now that you mention it..."

Pinkie seems to think for a while, before her eyes snap open in realization.

"Oooh! Could you bring me some of those brains?"

Comments ( 21 )

If you've been reading my stuff for a while now, you should know that I write things when I get a really good idea for them, regardless of whether or not it actually is a good idea.
And yes, this is a parody of what you're thinking of.
For those of you who don't get it, first, let me apologize for you missing one of the best cartoons this side of MLP. Anyway, for reference, here's that original episode.

Also, you could consider this my Halloween story or something.

just reading the description i know what it is, God i miss that cartoon

Well just finished reading it. Well its like I read the episode but with ponies. I could see Derpy doing this kinda thing.:derpytongue2:

1478155 Not to seem strange or anything, but I do indeed, love you for doing this. I should totally do my own dramatic reading of this someday.

1482639
If you do, then I request that you sing it to the tune of the original song, as well.

SOOOOOOO SHHOOOORRRTTTT!
MOOOAAAARRRR!
also, like, and fav.:pinkiesmile:

1482644 You're wish is my command! It's a good thing my voice is a similar key to Voltaire, or at least it sounds like that to me. Though my ears may be lying to me, so in that case I'll punch them. :D

1482644 Got the reference instantly, liked even before reading it. Take my 'stache, you deserve it! :moustache:

1482667
If people like this enough, I might make it into a collection of parodies of certain episodes.
Or, I'll just sit and relax and not do that.

1482687
I'm best at doing the latter.:eeyup:

I didn't watch that video clip, but I think I just realized what this is... And I'm thinking that I'm gonna love it.

I knew it!!!! Dude, I want to molest you for this now :D Jk, but seriously, great job, awesome story, taking what is perhaps the greatest cartoon of yesteryear and mixing it with MLP... Pure brilliance. Now, get back to work on "Mission: Improbable". (I knew it was a good call to follow you /)^3^(\)

I knew it!!!! Dude, I want to molest you for this now :D Jk, but seriously, great job, awesome story, taking what is perhaps the greatest cartoon of yesteryear and mixing it with MLP... Pure brilliance. Now, get back to work on "Mission: Improbable". (I knew it was a good call to follow you /)^3^(\)

Also, definitely keep this up. Some suggestions for future stories of this style:
1. Dracula Must Die- great episode, and a good storyline that can integrate with the ponies relatively well.
2. Big Boogey Adventure- the TV movie. It was hilarious and it would take you a rather long time, but in the words of Gabe Newell, it would be "worth the weight".
That's all for tonight. I have to get up at 5:30 tomorrow and its 11:25 right now. I expect great things of you. I believe I speak on behalf of all of your fans when I say you are a master in training.

Ok, can someone else comment on this already???

Love it. Brings back so many memories...

And of course Pinkie'd be the one to replace Mindy; nopony can understand her process.

...:ajbemused: tense confusion...

Okay, now this deserves a favorite and a like. Why? Because 1- I loves me some Derpy and 2- I definitely loves me some Voltaire! :heart:

"Hey, Pinkie!" Derpy said. "Wanna go do something?" Out of nowhere, she pulled out a bagged loaf of bread, helpfully labeled "Bread" on the packaging. "I've got bread~!"

RUN! SHE'S GOT A BREAD! :pinkiegasp: (But do NOT teleport, Twilight!)

It's not a matter of it isn't gray,

if

This is pure awesomeness

1. I love Voltiare

2. I love Derpy

3. I love Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy it was a highlight of my childhood

Login or register to comment