• Published 20th Mar 2024
  • 71 Views, 0 Comments

C O D Y - Novel Lots



A teenage wolf-pony set off to fight for money to save his brother's life.

  • ...
 0
 71

Chapter 1. Home

It was a beautiful morning if I could remember. Celestia's sun was slowly rising, bringing light into our quiet home. The sky was colorful with its orange and yellow colors as its pink colors were hitting the bottom of the clouds. (I feel like I’m writing the word “colors” a bit too much, don’t you think?) I could feel the warmth of the sun and the cold air blowing against my fur and tail. There were a lot of puddles on the ground and wet grass. All of the grasses were shining from the reflection of the sun through their wet drops from the rain last night. Bees were flying around as they were buzzing and the birds were singing. What a beautiful melody.

I slightly waved my tail from side to side as my tail touched the tip of the wet grass that was on my right side. It felt cold but it also felt nice. I can also feel the coldness around the bottom of my paws and hooves. With each step I take, I can feel and hear a small sound of dirt being pushed down by the pressure of my weight, like a small squish. But that didn't bother me too much, I've got used to feeling stones and mud on my paws.

As I walked along the muddy path, I turned to see the apple trees that were on the other side of the fence. They were sparkling and clean, and the tiny drops of water that were on top of the apples began to fall slowly. One by one. Drip, drip, drip. The white fence looked like it had just been washed and cleaned from the rain last night, but only the top of the fence was washed as the bottom was still covered in dirt and mud. I looked up at the orange sky, taking a deep breath to the point that my lug felt like it was full. I hold it in for a few seconds and I let it all out, letting out a long sigh.

This feels amazing, I thought. I can smell everything that is around me. I could smell the wet grass, the sweet scent of the apples that were hanging from the trees, and the air that almost smelled like fish (for some reason), but I loved it. I loved it all.

It's truly a beautiful day.


I was walking along on a small trail that took me to a barn called Sweet Apple Acres. It's not so far from my home, it only takes me about 15 minutes to get there by just walking. It's a shame, though, that I don't leave the house so often. This was the first time in three months, I think. I lost count. I’m always stuck at being home alone with my older brother, Max. The both of us were always stuck at home, but there was a reason why.

Max has been sick ever since he was little before I was born. It was the time when my parents and Max used to live in a fancy city named Canterlot. But before Max and I were born, and before Dad met Mom, Dad used to be a traveler when he was young. He wasn't from or born in Equestria. It was a mystery of where he came from.

He doesn't talk a lot about his past because he can’t remember where he came from. All he could remember was that he was found by a group of Hippogriffs one night after passing out. The Hippogriffs told him that they found him stranded out there in the middle of the forest near their home. They never figured out how Dad got there in the first place. Like I said, Dad’s past is a big mystery.


But they were good creatures though. They treated Dad with respect and kindness, showing their home and their culture. They knew that Dad was harmless since he was not some kind of evil monster who wanted magic for himself or something. What’s up with that just thinking about it? How every monster that the heroes have faced always has the same fate. Wanting powers or magic for themselves. I find it kind of funny now just thinking about it.

Dad didn’t stay in that place for too long. He only stayed to heal himself after (for unknown reason) what happened to him when the Hippogriffs found him. It would be nice if I did stay there to live there, he thought, but something within his heart told him that he could not rest now, not ever until he’d found a home. So he said his “good-bye’s” to the Hippogriffs and left.

He walked and walked for ages, he even told us that he had found cities and villages before the heroes had discovered them. He has met creatures during his journey and would accidentally get near or bump into some monsters. He was never attacked by them though. He told us that they always ran away from him or would slowly back away. He wasn’t sure why, but he guessed that it was probably because of his “strong muscles and handsome fangs” that might’ve scared them away. Me and Max disagreed with that, but it is odd. It’s that same thing here now because we live in a small abandoned house that is right in front of the Everfree Forest. The Timber Wolves never got near us, well, at least when Dad was around.

He then found Equestria, “the home of the ponies.” It’s what most creatures outside of the land call it. The very first place he visited was Canterlot. He was impressed seeing so many fancy and well-dressed ponies living there in that beautiful city, especially seeing that an Alicorn was living there too in their Canterlot Castle. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Dad has heard rumors about Alicorns during his travels, how they live in a hidden sky world, and how each Alicorn has a part in this world. Taking care of the seas, the stars, and life in this world. Taking care of our home like the two sisters, but some rumors said that all of the Alicorns returned to their homes because of a bigger threat that could cause all of the Alicorns to disappear, forever.

But not to fear,” he said to us. “I also heard that a brave hero, stronger than the Alicorns will come in to save the species, and save every creature.” I hoped he was right because a monster that is more powerful than an Alicorn sounds like a bigger threat than Tirek or Queen Chrysalis. I just hope that they won’t find the only two Alicorns that we all know and love.


Not a lot of ponies greeted Dad or welcomed him when he first arrived in Canterlot. They thought of him as different and maybe dangerous, since this was the first time seeing a whole different creature. A wolf-half pony. A creature that has paws and hooves and is a little bit bigger than an average pony. Many ponies thought that Dad was a threat to their home for a moment since he was a new and never-heard creature. They soon realized that Dad was harmless, but they still kept their distance from him.

It was hard for him on the first night. He couldn’t book in a small hotel for one night because they were still afraid of him. He ended up camping outside, behind a fancy restaurant as he stared into the stars. He didn’t sleep well at that time, and the city felt too quiet since there were no bugs or animals to make a sound. It was all nothing but silence.

On the next morning, Dad decided to give Canterlot one last chance before he set out on his adventure. As he walked around the city, something caught his attention. A beautiful young mare who was the same age as him. An earth pony with a soft mane that was up as a ponytail, and a cutie mark of a magnifying glass with shooting stars. She looked gorgeous and funny enough, that mare that Dad was staring at was our Mom. Now I don’t want to write a whole chapter about how they got together, so to make things short.. They got together.

Surprisingly, she didn’t fear him like the other ponies, she welcomed him to their home. She gave him a tour of its history and stories. Dad ended up staying in Canterlot for months rather than days because he felt like he was slowly growing along with Mom. When Mom saw how beautiful their friendship was and saw that Dad was more than she thought, she fell for him too.

They got married and had their firstborn child, Max, my older brother. While Max grew up he began to develop a sickness. Having a hard time breathing, headaches, sneezing, coughing, and so on. My parents tried taking him to see a doctor, but because of our dad and Max’s looks, they wouldn’t allow them in. Out of anger, my Dad shouted, “If they don’t welcome us at all, then let’s just leave!” And they did. They moved into a smaller town called Ponyville.

Every pony there was much kinder to my family. No one kept their distance from them or ignored them. They were welcomed to their town. Heck, the mayor herself gave my family a small tour around the place, even bringing a small celebration to welcome new friends in the town. Both of our parents were very thankful, even Dad felt in his heart that he was home. His adventure days were over.

After everything, Dad built us a home near the Everfree Forest. No pony told him about the dangers of that forest or maybe they just forgot to tell him. But for an unknown reason, the Timber Wolves stayed away from our home whenever they sensed Dad near. Thankfully his scent was around our home, keeping us safe within our home because my brother assumed that the monsters could still get him.

A week later Mom finally brought Max to a doctor. When the doctors and nurses checked up on Max, they found that he’d been ill with a rare disease that had never appeared in Equestria for hundreds of years. And since no pony or any kind of creature hasn’t been sick by this disease, there was no reason to go and find the cure. He explained that this can only be cured by a specific flower called “The Sun Flower.” The plant is so rare and difficult to garden, but there is a place to find a field of those flowers, but it’s outside of Equestria. The Doctor said that there are groups of Griffons that can go and get the flower for them to make the cure, but it’s a lot of money to pay the Griffons to go for the flower. It was too expensive to hire the Griffons to get the flowers for them. My parents were slowly losing hope.

When I was born, thankfully I never got infected with this disease, but my brother’s sickness did affect my childhood. I never went to school, never made friends, never went out, etc. I was always at home taking care of my brother while our parents worked all day and all night. Sometimes I wish I could just run away to find the flower myself, but no creature knew where the land of those flowers was, only the Griffons. Well, some Griffons do, but not all.

Author's Note:

I'm not the best writer, but writing is a hobby that I want to do. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of CODY. And thank you Cody for letting using your OC so I can write an amazing story since 8th grade. Love ya buddy :heart:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment