• Published 20th Mar 2024
  • 72 Views, 0 Comments

C O D Y - Novel Lots



A teenage wolf-pony set off to fight for money to save his brother's life.

  • ...
 0
 72

PROLOGUE

I don’t know where to start. Writing down thoughts in this journal feels weird to me. I’m not much of a writer but my dearest friend, Cherry Blossom, recommended that I should write down every thought or moment into this book. So that if some pony (or some creature) has ever reached out to this journal, they’ll know the truth. They'll know its history, story, legends, tales, whatever you want to call it.

The truth about a secret city that was underneath our hooves, paws, or claws. A place where I call home. Although I still miss my old home, Ponyville. Don’t get to see my parents, my friends, or my brother very often. It’s hard to send them letters because we try to keep this world hidden. It’s even harder to receive a letter from them. I wonder if that's the reason why Cherry recommended me to write in a journal instead of a letter. To have a feeling that I’m writing to them and you. Whoever you are.

Funny enough, she was the one who gave me this book. A big thick black book with a hard cover, papers with thin lines that only fit such little words. But it's enough for me to last for months. At least that's what she said in her letter. It’s such a wonderful gift. I miss Cherry also.

If you don’t know who I am, my name is CODY. I’m a half creature of a wolf and a pony. Rare creatures, it’s what my father told us. Sadly there’s not much of us in this world. Well, at least the world that I know of. But I always had hope that maybe some of us are still out there, hiding, hoping that HE doesn't find them. Sadly, they all don't know that he’s gone though.

I'm sorry, I shouldn’t jump ahead without explaining everything to you. About what happened to every creature years ago. And what happened to me? What happened to him? Get comfortable because this is going to be a long ride. Let me tell you the story of how everything started. Where I made new friends, made new foes, nearly lost my brother, and lost my life.

Author's Note:

Almost four years that this story was born and I did not worked on it! And I'm sorry for that! :applecry: I want to get back to writing, along with the story "CODY" and "WONDER." So I hope you enjoy this little prologue, and hope you're excited for the future! :twilightsmile: