• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 3,926 Views, 395 Comments

The Group Chat - TheKing2001



When Sunset is framed for posting peoples secrets, the ones who framed her accidentally posted the wrong image and Sunset is pissed.

  • ...
23
 395
 3,926

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLVI


Diamond Tiara


I walked behind Sunset quietly with the others as Sunset balled her fists. I had quite honestly expected her to be much more angrier than she was and I had a feeling if we weren’t there, she would have been.

“I hate to be the one to break the silence but where to?” Wallflower asked finally as we paused outside the Wondercolt statue.

“Got back to my apartment and hang out till it’s night time. The principals gave us permission to keep our vehicles here over break,” Sunset answered and sighed, leaning against the statue and running her hands through her hair. “Good god.”

“What do you think they are gonna pick?” Cloudkicker asked and Sunset scoffed.

“Stay. It’ll be keeping them closer to their sisters,” Sunset sneered and glared at her boots.

“Sunset!”

We looked behind us at Rainbow and her friends running up as Raindrops and I spread our arms out to block them.

“What do you want?” Carrot Top folded her arms across her chest and gave them a disapproving look.

“Just wanna talk is all,” Applejack commented as Sunset looked away and Twilight gave her a pleading look.

“You promised me you would talk to them. They’re right here so please?”

“Fine. Speak, you got five minutes and Lavender is starting a timer,” Sunset grumbled and Lavender tapped on her phone and gave a thumbs up. “I don’t have all day, after all.”

“We’re sorry,” Applejack pressed her hat against her chest and Raindrops gave a dry laugh. “We ain’t ever thought it would be them because-”

“Because it was easier to let me take the fall,” Sunset guessed and raised her left eyebrow. “Unsurprising.”

“Because they never did anything like this before ever. It was easy to assume it was you because well, you used to this exact same thing,” Rainbow took over.

“I trusted you,” Sunset grumbled as Fluttershy stepped forward. “Don’t fucking touch me, Fluttershy or I’ll have Trixie push you away.”

Fluttershy flinched and nodded weakly as she stepped back.

“We are sorry for talking negatively about you too,” Rarity admitted and rubbed her arm. “It was definitely not okay and we most definitely should have just talked to you first. And we girls were talking-”

“You seem to know more about friendship than we do,” Pinkie continued as she pushed a strand of hair aside.

“And maybe this time, you could teach us about friendship because we need to learn a bit more too,” Fluttershy said hopefully and looked away from Trixie. “We aren’t perfect after all.”

We fell silent as we all looked at Sunset as she bit her lip and looked away before exhaling.

“No.”

Pinkie’s face fell as Blossomforth and the rest of us watched in uncomfortable silence, even Princess Celestia.

“N-no?” Fluttershys voice broke as Sunset nodded.

“No. I will help you with the occasional magic emergency but other than that, you girls are on your own. Don’t ever talk to me ever again. And if I find out you’re abusing the magical emergency agreement, I’ll be angry. And I’ll take your elements away from you because as of now, you will share them with my new friends,” Sunset explained in a bored tone and glared at them. “I considered you family once before but now? You’re just another face in the crowd and I will keep going to school here to provide for people I care about and of course, watch everyone in the school suffer when they see me walk down the halls.”

Rarity looked at her and nodded as her shoulders sagged and I resisted the urge to laugh. I know Mom/Sunset would have been disappointed and well, that’s kinda worse knowing.

“I’m sorry,” Rarity said quietly and sighed. “Truly sorry darling.”

“So what did ya mean by sharing the elements sunn-” Applejack gulped as Sunset gave her a cold glare that made even me shiver and Sunset shot me a quick apologetic look.

“My name is Sunset,” Sunset corrected. “Only my friends and family along with my girlfriends get to call me that.”

“A-ah understand,” Applejack bowed her head slightly.

“As for your question, I don’t know. I will decide later and then tell you. And if you must know, some good did come out of this, even if it was a small amount at first,” Sunset flashed Cloudkicker, Trixie and me a warm smile.

“Uh like what?” Rainbow gave us confused looks. “I know it seems stereotypical for me to miss something but it’s been a crazy hour.”

“Well, I have two girlfriends,” Sunset answered and nodded at Trixie and Cloudkicker who both smiled faintly. “And a daughter, so those are the only upsides. And I learned how you all truly felt about me so...”

“We should go,” Blossomforth gave Rainbow a dirty look as the rainbow haired girl paled. “Rainbow Crash, been awhile.”

I winced slightly at that. Blossomforth was usually a happy woman so if she was insulting someone, you did something wrong. And I did hear Rainbow had tried helping Blossomforth during her accident.

I tensed up slightly as Sunset gently pushed Raindrops and I aside as she stepped forward till she pressed her nose against Rainbows. I faintly made out the others tense up as well.

“Goodbye Rainbow Dash. I hope you enjoy your Christmas,” Sunset smirked slightly as she stepped backwards and turned away. “Goodbye girls. I hope you got what you wanted.”

“We didn’t,” Pinkie mumbled as she exhaled.

“Would any of you even tried to be my friend if Twilight hadn’t asked you?” Sunset demanded as they all looked at each other.

“I would have,” Pinkie whispered as Sunset nodded.

“Over time, yah.”

“Yes darling.”

“It would have taken a lot but yeah.”

“Mhm.”

“Hmph,” Sunset mused as she shook her head. “I can’t be friends with you anymore. Not that we have been from the start. I would have taken you all back with open arms if you had just stopped but you didn’t.”

Rarity opened her mouth to speak as I stepped forward and looked up at her.

“I don’t like you,” I announced and she recoiled. “You act stuck up, just like I was. And you hurt mom, so if she wasn’t here I would hurt you too. But she is and violence is usually something I reserve as a last resort.”

Sunset gave a subtle thumbs up before gesturing me to follow her.

I spun around and I ignored the Rainbooms watching helplessly as we all walked away.

“Nice speech kid,” Carrot Top elbowed me slightly and I turned red.

“Heh, thanks.”

“So what now?” Sunset asked as Celestia shrugged as Twilight high fived me.

“Now we wait.”

For the first time in my life, I think waiting patiently was gonna be annoying. I’m usually fine with being patient.

First time for everything though as they say.

Author's Note:

It's so fucking cold outside where I live. It's literally negative nine degrees right now. This shit ain't okay.

PreviousChapters Next