• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 3,926 Views, 396 Comments

The Group Chat - TheKing2001



When Sunset is framed for posting peoples secrets, the ones who framed her accidentally posted the wrong image and Sunset is pissed.

  • ...
23
 396
 3,926

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter II

“So now that you’ve chased them out of the school with a mob of angry teenagers, convinced the school somehow your innocent and successfully snuck out of the school out of some tunnels that frankly I don’t think even Principal Celestia knows about, what now?” Cloudkicker asked as she tapped her finger on the window.

The two of us sat blocks away in my car that I’ve gotten used to parking away from school so it didn’t get vandalized. The old man who let me park it here was a very nice individual who ran a laundromat in the area.

“Don’t know,” I admitted as I started the small four door car. It may be a old Dodge Avenger but I loved her. “Other than take you home and go figure out an excuse for why I left school.”

“Ah,” Cloudkicker leaned back in her chair as she placed her hands behind her head. “Never thought I’d see you in a car. I always saw you as a motorcycle girl.”

“I am but motorcycles aren’t decent at carrying groups of girls around,” I said with a frown as Cloudkicker looked away with a guilty expression. “Why exactly are you of all people helping me? If memory serves me right, you and Teddy cornered me in the hallway along with Bright Ideas and Micro Chips about being Anon a Miss and insulted me till I cried so what changed?”

“Yeah that happened,” Cloudkicker admitted with a frown. “But then my cousin Blossom went off on me and she almost never gets angry so when she does, people usually tend to listen. She pointed out in detail how I was being an idiot about how you were sneakier back then.”

I made a hmph sound as I got onto the road and started tapping on my steering wheel at a red light.

“Wait, Blossomforth is your cousin?” I asked as she nodded. “Huh, I always thought you two were dating.”

“You’re not the first one to think that,” Cloudkicker grunted as the light turned green. “Just how people think Lavender Lace is my cousin when she’s actually my twin. People are interesting that way.”

I hummed in response as I flicked my turn signal on and turned as Cloudkickers hand hovered over the radio.

“Go for it,” I waved a hand before placing it back on the wheel. Cloudkicker nodded and turned the radio on as music started to play.

”Friends, you are in my life and you can count on me to be there by your side.
And when the music comes alive, you sing us songs to lift us up so we can shine, and the sound that we hear in our hearts makes a crescendo.”

I slammed the radio off and ejected the disc as Cloudkicker watched warily. I rolled the window down and threw the disc out as it shattered on the ground and I continued driving away.

“We are not listening to Rainboom music in this car under any fucking circumstances. Am I clear, Cloudkicker?” I sneered as she went pale slightly and nodded hastily. “In fact, you can keep all my cds that I recorded with the Rainbooms.”

“Uh not to make you angrier while driving but aren’t you a member of the Rainbooms?” Cloudkicker pointed out cautiously as I inhaled.

“Not anymore. They made that perfectly fucking clear and after today, I’m glad. After all this time, they were just talking about me behind my back. And the funny part is, I communicated with them whenever I had problems with something they did yet they don’t have the courage to do the same for me.”

“You do realize that you are scary to talk to, right? Your anger problem is widely known to the school so complaining about you to your face is a bit nerve wracking.”

“It’s not complaining!” I snarled as Cloudkicker raised an eyebrow and folded her arms across her chest. “Okay it’s complaining, but it’s helpful complaining! I can’t fix a problem if I don’t know it exists!”

“You raise a valid point,” Cloudkicker allowed as she relaxed a bit. “But how did you feel after you complained about them to their faces?”

I paused and grimaced slightly. I had been terrified in complaining about Rarity constantly bringing up every little thing about my clothes, ear rings and more. I’m grateful for advice but not needless nitpicking twenty four seven.

In the end, she just said she was grateful I told her that and had worked towards it surprisingly well. But that was when we were friends, not enemies once again. Even if they don’t consider me enemies which I highly doubt happening, I consider them ones.

“I was afraid but it went well. It would have went well except the fact that a majority of what they said is stuff I could do with practice. The only animal I ever had was Philomena, and that’s a bird! Not a dog or a cat!”

“You had Principal Celestias hawk as a pet?” Cloudkicker gave me a confused as I shrugged.

“It’s a complicated story that we unfortunately don’t have time for.”

“Is it about you running away from an alternate dimension where there’s pony versions of us all and your teacher after she refused to make you a princess so you came here to avoid her?” Cloudkicker asked as I gave her a look that was part confusion and part surprise.

“How did you know-?”

“Pinkie Pie,” Cloudkicker and I said in unison and I groaned, rolling my eyes.

I was fine with the girl telling others as long as she had my permission because well, who likes having their past out for everyone to know? I can confirm not this girl.

Well, used to. I’ll have to make sure she doesn’t tell anyone else. Last freaking thing I want is some government person to hear I’m technically an illegal alien and end up on a freaking lab table.

“So I presume Philomena is related to your whole pony world thing?”

“Yeah, she’s a phoenix. She was a gift to me from my former teacher when I completed my magic finals.”

Cloudkicker hummed in response as she looked out the window before she gave me a look.

“What?”

“I didn’t tell you where I lived. How in the world did you know where to go?” Cloudkicker raised an eyebrow slowly as I shrugged.

“I’m in charge of Yearbook. I know everyone’s address as a back up if they aren’t there to receive their books in person,” I explained as she nodded. “Well, was in charge. I’m planning on resigning. I don’t want to be in the same club as them.”

“Fair. And I presume the soccer club, baking club and the fencing club,” Cloudkicker noted as I stopped outside a a stone grey painted house with a fence going around that had spikes on top of it.

“I guess so.”

“So uh thanks for the ride,” Cloudkicker rubbed the back of her neck as she opened the door with her spare hand. “Here’s my number. Call me sometime, alright?”

I looked at the piece of paper that had a list of numbers on it as I gave her a doubtful look.

“Why?”

“Just take the number.”

“And why exactly should I trust you?” I demanded and raised an eyebrow as Cloudkicker gave a groan.

“Trust is earned, not given,” Cloudkicker reminded me. “And besides, aren’t you going to need someone to help you prove who is behind the account?”

I hated to admit it, but she had a point there. I could do it alone but working with someone would make things go by faster.

“Okay,” I said after a minute and put the paper in my pocket. “I’ll give you a call tomorrow sometime.”

“Cool. See you tomorrow!”

I watched Cloudkicker shut my door and run up to the gate as she kicked it open and continued her running.

“She is something else,” I mused to myself and allowed a faint smile to grow on my face.

I glanced down at the floorboards where Cloudkickers bag sat abandoned and I sighed.

“I’ll just give her it tomorrow. Hopefully she doesn’t have anything important in there.”

PreviousChapters Next