• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 3,928 Views, 397 Comments

The Group Chat - TheKing2001



When Sunset is framed for posting peoples secrets, the ones who framed her accidentally posted the wrong image and Sunset is pissed.

  • ...
23
 397
 3,928

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter X


Applejack


I shoved the final box of apples out of the truck bed and onto the loading bay of Bon Bons family store as the cream colored girl stood with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Hurry up Applebitch, we have places to be!” Strawberry Sunrise called out as I gritted my teeth and Bon Bon laughed.

“Alright now let’s see these apples,” Bon Bon said casually as she got a crowbar Strawberry tossed her and with a surprising amount of strength, cracked open a case. “What is this Applejack?”

I peered inside at a few bruised apples and shrugged.

“Apples.”

“But they’re bruised!” Bon Bon pointed out and stomped her foot down. “At the Sweet Shoppe, we pride ourselves on having the best produce to use for candy for our customers and we accept nothing less. The last few cases have also had moldy apples in them.”

“Ah’m sorry about that. Every case is gonna have a few bad apples in it,” I said as Strawberry snickered to herself.

“Takes a bad apple to know one, right Bons?”

Bon Bon chuckled again as I gave the girls a flat look.

“Anyways, we don’t want to do business with the Apples anymore. We also would like our money back for these cases of apples and the moldy ones we had to throw away,” Bon Bon said nonchalantly as my eyes widened.

“Over just a couple cases? That ain’t nothin though!”

“It is to us. And if the Apples can’t give us quality produce, we will explore other avenues to get said products for our customers.”

I looked desperately at the two as Strawberry hid a smile behind a hand, turning away to start sweeping the loading bay.

“Does ya mom know about this?” I asked curiously as Bon Bon narrowed her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

“Who’s idea do you think this was?” Bon Bon asked as my face fell. “I don’t own the company, I don’t make decisions but I can enforce them.”

I sighed and straightened my hat. Bon Bons family was the only place that really allowed us to have my family’s more experimental products on their shelves. And now we owed them a decent amount of money.

“A-ah understand sugarcube. Ah’ll make Granny aware and she will iron out the details with ya kin, alright?”

“Excellent. Now kindly load up all these cases and get them out of here. We have a delivery of apples coming from out of state and we need this area cleared.”

“Got any people to help me?” I asked as my eyes drifted over to the twelve large crates of apples. I could normally do it myself but I was exhausted after getting them off the truck bed.

“Unfortunately, everyone has gone home for the night. You got them off the truck, you can get them back on. I’d offer to let you use our forklift but it’s unfortunately broken at the moment,” Bon Bon answered as she held a door open for Strawberry that lead to the front of the store. “Oh and Applejack?”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t come back. If we ever change our minds, we want Big Mac or Sugar Belle to do the deliveries, not you. If you do come back, we will have you trespassed.”

“It means she’ll have you arrested for being on private property,” Strawberry snarked as she laughed. “Kinda have to explain things on a simple level for you country folk. You country people really aren’t all that bright.”

I gritted my teeth again as I felt my face start to burn red hot as my two classmates disappeared behind the door, watching it slam as Bon Bon talked to a spitting image of her but a bit older image.

I groaned and sat on the tailgate, texting Big Mac and hopefully Rainbow to come help me. I started to swing my legs back and forth, idly counting as I picked up my phone again and called Fluttershy.

”hi Applejack.”

“Hey Flutters. What ya up to?” I asked and laid on my back to look up at the clouds.

”Talking to my pet bunny, you?” Fluttershy asked as I heard animal sounds in her background.

“Laying on the bed of the family truck, waiting for Big Mac and Rainbow to come help me load up all these apples again. Apparently they weren’t up to Miss Drops liking and Bon Bon got mad at me about a few bruised ones.”

”Oh, no. That sounds awful.”

“Tell me about it. We apparently owe them money now too for all the moldy apples they got last shipment ah did. Ah was just here last week and they ain’t say nothing about not doing business with us no more then. Ah ain’t sure what the hell is goin on.”

”I hope it gets sorted out.”

“Me too sugarcube me too. Did ya get that yet from Rainbow a few nights? Something or another about her wantin to find that blue haired siren girl?”

”Mhm, yeah I did. Sonata seemed less scary of the three so I think it might be helpful. And I was a bit worried about them all, with their pendants being destroyed. I hope they aren’t starving.”

I gave a faint chuckle as I watched the birds flying over heard along with a few airplanes.

“Ah can’t say ah trust them girls but ah wouldn’t wish starving on anyone. Not even on mah worst enemy.”

”Me neither. First Rainbow gets kicked off all sport teams, then Rarity loses business and now your family. I hope Pinkie or myself isn’t next.”

I hoped so too. Fluttershy is probably the nicest girl I’ve ever met other than Derpy and Cheerilee. I can safely say that Rainbow would probably hit whoever wronged Fluttershy. Hell, I’d probably be waiting in line myself.

“Well ah gotta go. You still coming to lunch at the mall tomorrow?”

”Mhm. And then I’m going to the animal shelter this weekend to volunteer. It’s mine and Sweet Leaves turn.”

I didn’t know the eco kid that well but anyone who runs an animal shelter is good with me. The few times I’ve talked to Sweet Leaves was decent enough.

“Bye sugarcube, see ya then!”

”Bye.”

I waited for the click and sighed as Big Macs truck came to a stop with Rainbow in the passenger seat as I swung off the tailgate.

“Hey,” Rainbow said as she climbed out of the truck and walked up. “What’s up?”

“Apparently Bon Bons ma ain’t wantin to do business with us anymore.”

“The fuck?” Rainbow scoffed as Bon Bon and Strawberry peered out the window as the second girl stepped outside.

“Hey be careful Applebitch with Rainbow. She might break your truck like she broke Blossomforth!”

Rainbow turned red as Big Mac and I gave each other worried looks before we each grabbed a shoulder.

“Let it go Dash. Just help us and ignore her,” I said as Rainbow inhaled.

“Okay.”

With a sigh, I let go and went to work.

Author's Note:

EQG Strawberry Sunrise https://images.app.goo.gl/LeFK7baM3ybSS1cv8 from Honest Apple episode! I personally found Strawberry to be pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/aOJqIgRR0Hk?si=uRdo6P7jE5YVOaOi

PreviousChapters Next