• Published 22nd Dec 2023
  • 3,939 Views, 397 Comments

The Group Chat - TheKing2001



When Sunset is framed for posting peoples secrets, the ones who framed her accidentally posted the wrong image and Sunset is pissed.

  • ...
23
 397
 3,939

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter XLIX


Fluttershy


I stared down dejectedly at my hot chocolate as I listened to the sound of people in the mall laughing and holiday music playing as Pinkie let out a long sigh.

“We really fucked up,” Pinkie moaned as I flinched.

“While I would normally correct your uncouth language, I must agree darling. We did screw up multiple times and Sunset justifiably hates us,” Rarity admitted as Rainbow slammed her head on the table.

“I feel awful,” Rainbow muttered. “I’m the worst person ever. On the whole damn planet.”

“Need ah remind y’all we all fucked up, not just one of us?” Applejack pointed out as she half heartedly chewed on a cherry. “We just gotta make it up to her while respecting her, what’s it called Rares?”

“Boundaries darling.”

“We wait a few months so not to anger her more. We do what she did, we just bend over backwards,” Applejack explained as I looked up finally. “While bein respectful. Sunset worked her ass off to get respected by the school and ah already heard rumors about people wanting to do the same.”

“Bit late for that,” Rainbow grumbled as she lazily slurped at her shake. “And for us. Give it up, AJ. She doesn’t want us to talk to her. Let’s just let her go.”

“Ah’m shocked you of all people are saying that,” Applejack admitted. “Ah admit, Ah’m depressed about it too but at least Ah’m coming up with solutions!”

“I guess.”

My phone dinged and I looked at it in surprise.

Sweet Leaves: Hey, look to your left and get over here.

I looked over and saw her sitting at a table with a mug as she glared at Rarity, Applejack and Rainbow and her glare softened as she looked at me and Pinkie.

“I’ll be back girls. I guess I’m down for whatever as long as I never have to hear her say she hates me again. But I agree, we should wait at least four or five months.”

“Alright,” Applejack nodded as I stood up with my hot chocolate as I slowly walked over to Sweet Leaves as she crossed her legs and made eye contact.

“Hey there,” Sweet Leaves said as I sat across from her.

“Hi.”

“How you holding up after,” Sweet Leaves started and grimaced as she looked away. “Sunset?”

“Not good. Haven’t been sleeping and been up all night crying. You?”

“Bad,” Sweet Leaves admitted as she tapped on a folder. “I think it was easy to think it was her. Remember freshman year when she-”

“Caught you kissing me in the shed near the field and posted it online?” I asked as we both turned pink.

“Yeah that,” Sweet Leaves coughed into her fist. “Anyway, I will admit it was convenient to blame her. She messed up something that could have been good. I guess I owe it to her to make it up to her in time. I’m sorry by the way.”

“For?”

“I said some things I admittedly regret that was out of line about you and your brother,” Sweet Leaves answered as I looked down. “I’m sorry about that. It was uncalled for. I won’t apologize for being mean to Rainbow Dash. She is just as bad as her little athlete sister.”

“It’s okay,” I muttered as Sweet Leaves sighed.

“No, it’s not. So I want you to take this,” Sweet Leaves pushed a folder across to me and I hesitantly opened it as my eyes widened after a few sentences.

“Is this-?”

“Job offer,” Sweet Leaves finished for me. “I said if you weren’t truly behind the account, you could come back to the shelter. And I’m a woman of my word. We want you to come work instead of volunteer. We aren’t suing Applejacks family or Raritys family even though I want to. We’re getting more than enough money from Scootaloos aunts to not sue so we can afford some upgrades to the shelter and take on a new employee.”

“Yes,” I answered eagerly. I had been trying for God knows how long to get a job there.

“But I won’t apologize to your friends. Those sisters of theirs called me a future eco terrorist, those evil little sh-” Sweet Leaves paused and exhaled. “Those children damn near ruined my life. And Sunset’s more importantly. Don’t even get me started on the others.”

“And Paisley,” I added softly.

“I don’t care about her,” Sweet Leaves scoffed. “She sent in secrets too.”

My eyes widened slightly as I gulped. Apparently someone had gotten ahold of the list of people who had sent in secrets and well, from what I heard a lot of friendships were ending over it.

“Where is Sunset and those three little terrors?” Sweet Leaves continued as I sighed.

“Back in Sunset’s home with her mom.”

“Equestria?” Sweet Leaves asked and I nodded. “Surprised she took them. And who’s her mom?”

“She let them decide their punishment and they chose Equestria doing whatever her mom wants. And her mom is uh Princess Celestia I think I overheard Twilight say,” I answered as Sweet Leaves eyes widened in fear.

“Oh lord we are all dead.”

“Or at least I am. Sunset hates mine and the others guts but especially me. I was awful.”

“You made a mistake. Granted, an awful one but I thought it was her at first too remember? Well, before I accused you and your friends so I suppose I have to make it up to you as well.”

“It’s okay,” I said as Sweet Leaves set her hat on the table.

“No it’s not. Well, I don’t like them but I am your friend still so yeah I’ll figure something out.”

“But you can at least get forgiven by me. Sunset will never forgive me. What if she tried to kill herself? I’d never forgive myself. I’m the worst person ever. She said she doesn’t ever want me to talk to her again unless there’s a magical emergency.”

“I guess we have both have to try to make it up to her,” Sweet Leaves admitted as she patted my hand and smiled faintly. “Together?”

I smiled and nodded slowly.

“Together.”

Could be worse at least. Sweet Leaves could have said she hated me.

Not that I didn’t deserve to be hated.

PreviousChapters Next