• Published 3rd Oct 2012
  • 2,155 Views, 79 Comments

Celestia's Brothers - CaptainSanchez



The Princes have been invited to Luna's birthday party, only... they've changed.

  • ...
51
 79
 2,155

Worse?!

Celestia's Brothers

Ch. 5: Worse?!

Cosmia was aghast at her husband's outburst. The unknown had never been an issue for him before, so his entire reality had just been thrown into question. The Event; THE. EVENT. Had gotten worse. She wasn't sure how that was possible, and clearly he was even more befuddled.

This was apparent through the fact that he was curled up in the fetal position, mumbling the words to "Rubber Ducky" over and over again. Eventually, he regained enough of his composure to stand, and beg his wife that they intervene.

"Cosmia, if we don't stop the Event, ALL life in the universe will cease to exist. Not even Mother would be able to bring life back to the universe! We must do something!"

Needless to say, the Time King's words troubled Cosmia beyond comprehension. Quite the feat, if I say so myself.

"But Chro, we can't!"

"We have to, Cosmia, we have to! I don't care what you say, I need to save our children!"

**(MEANWHILE, AT THE LEGION OF D-- I mean, Canterlot Castle)**

Luna and Celestia were understandably worried. Okay, that's a lie. They were out-of-their-minds-grief-stricken. Luna couldn't eat, Celestia couldn't stop, and their worry was sending out tsunami-esque waves of depression across the city. Even the Sun seemed duller. Needless to say, the Elements of Harmony were called in, but failed. Twilight would've found some way to correct the issue... had she not succumbed to shock. She spent the next four weeks curled up in the library, mumbling incoherently. The Event was already in progress, nothing could be done. Yet, even now, there was a silver lining. It hadn't gotten worse. Unfortunately, even that was bad. If it hadn't gotten worse yet, Chronos knew that it wasn't over.

"Sister, I am worried," said Luna, now far frailer than she had been just two chapters ago, "Father always warned us of an Event from which nothing good came... could this be it? Is that why he hasn't arrived to assist us yet?"

Celestia, unfortunately, was too busy trying to bury her sorrows to answer, though she shared her younger sibling's fears.

"Sister? 'Tia? WILL YOU STOP STUFFING YOUR FACE? OUR BROTHERS MIGHT BE DYING!!"

Luna then fainted. Her malnourished state had greatly reduced her capacity for exertion. Wow. These two really take stuff to the extreme, don't they? A guard turned his head toward nothing in particular, and spoke.

"Yes, it would seem that they do."

Uh-oh. He heard me. Wait... I'm self-aware? That can't be a good thing. It would seem that the walls of reality are breaking apart, causing third-pony- omniscient narrators to become self-aware, and the average pony to be able to hear them. This must've affected Pinkie Pie more adversely than others at first. Yes, it would seem that she gets her powers from an advanced sensitivity to cracks in reality. Wait, what was this about again? Ugh, it's getting difficult to focus. I... must... AAARRRGH!!! Great. It would seem that I'm becoming nonexistent. I'm more than just a bit worried that the story may never conclude. Without a narrator for a third-pony fic, wha--

***

"Well, what happened next?"

A grey stallion looks at the filly to his right. A look of both worry and great sadness overtakes his face.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It just ends there."

The white filly looks at her brother with confusion.

"What do you mean? It can't end like that! What about the princesses? Did Chronos convince Cosmia to let him intervene? What about Luna's birthday party?"

"It never happened, Sunny. The story just stops, mid-word. If I didn't know better, I'd say that it was the author's way of messing with the reader."

Sunny looked at her older brother in confusion, her pink mane drooping to cover one eye.

"But Rocky--"

"No buts, Sunny. I shouldn't even be reading this to you; Do you know what Mom and Dad would do to us if they found out I'd been reading from this book?"

And with that, Rocky left the room, making sure to bring the book and turn out his sister's light. Nopony knew where the book had come from, only that it was all that remained of a lost world.

THE END... I THINK

Comments ( 9 )

TONIGHT... WHILE YOU SLEEP...









ANDIAMO!!!

1822611 ... YOU WON'T HAVE TIME TO SCREAM...









ANDIAMO!!!

:raritystarry: This actually ended in a better way than I imagined along the story. This is definitely going to be one of my favorite fan stories of all.

1832649 BEST. COMMENT. EVER. Rainy, you've officially made my life worthwile. Seriously, I'm on thE verge of tears.

Comment posted by CaptainSanchez deleted Oct 21st, 2013

1381723 Not every alicorn OC is a self-insert, you know.

I would flip you off of I wasn't so nice so I'll just be merciful by making your death slow and painful.

Login or register to comment