• Published 12th Nov 2023
  • 460 Views, 11 Comments

From Sweet Apple to Rotten Orange - Kyetta Cubid



Applejack meets her long lost Cousins, the Oranges... Wait what?

  • ...
4
 11
 460

Chapter 3: The Rottenest Orange of them All

After Applejack's Mysterious Disappearance when she went to Orangeton, Apple Bloom was with her friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, as their Group is known to be the Cutie Mark Crusaiders, she told them both about what happened before the disappearance. "I don't know, Apple Bloom. That sounds a little farfetched." Scootaloo replied to her.

"It's the truth! One day, these two fancy folk blame me for gettin' in their way, the next they invite Applejack to their town, another she never returns!" Apple Bloom then confermed. Since she was in close contact with the Oranges, she seen how rude and proud they were, which could make anyone hate them in an instant. "And their weird affection of Oranges, even if we're an Apple farm." She did bring the gift basket, as it showed the many food and treats based around Oranges, including actual Oranges.

"Maybe if you explain to Twi and her friends about what happened, maybe they could help?" Sweetie Belle requested, since they knew them, and also two were their Sisters.

Once they went to Twilight's Castle, Apple Bloom explained what happened before Applejack left. What she said could also be a clue, since they just realised Applejack disappeared too. "Even if that could be true, it's pretty rare to see others from another Town, and judging from the Cutie Map, Orangeton is a rivalling town to Appleloosa." Pinkie Pie then stepped in. "I kind of remember this from her, but she said 'them two towns love to argue their shoes off', whatever that means."

They knew she would say that. "Maybe if we talk to Granny Smith about them, then maybe we could find a way to find her?" Apple Bloom suggested, which they agreed too.

They headed around Ponyvilles Market to do a Another route to Sweet Apple Acres, that is until they heard a familiar Voice. They then saw Applejack, but they saw she was now wearing a Orange Dress and her hair being in a Blonde Beehive, also having a Hairclip with Three Oranges on it. "These Colours would look on me? HA! I won't even be caught dead in them!" Orangejack then Huffed.

After her outburst, the girls then felt scared. "I don't think that's our Applejack we use to know?" Rainbow Dash said. "It could be, but she would never wear anything like that." Rarity then added, which did catch Orangejack's attention. "Well I never! And what do you think of calling my style like that, Huh?!" Orangejack then picked a fight with Rarity, which then made Rainbow defend her. "Woah Applejack, you can't just yell at her for saying that."

Once she said that, Orangejack then huffed. "What did you call me?" Just then, they all got confused. "Who did you call me, Pheasant?!" "A-Applejack, is that you?" Just then, Orangejack then let out a loud laugh, which they saw she wasn't kidding. "I am not this 'Applejack' you speak of, I am Orangejack! The Daughter to the highly Rich Oranges of Orangeton!" Orangejack then replied to them loudly, which could be heard from Cloudsdale.

Twilight saw something was up, as she wanted to help. "O-Ok Applejack, somethings up with you. So, why don't we go back to the palace and..." "Daughter!" Just then, they were met by the Oranges, as Orangejack walked back to them. "Mother, Father, these lot think of me as someone else, but I made them know my name!" Orange Slice saw who she was yelling at, as he walked over to them.

"Apologies Princess Twilight Sparkle. Our little Girl could be a bit bratty and doesn't care for who's higher up or lower down then her." Orangejack then huffed for her 'Father' apologising to Twilight. "Even if she doesn't know about you or your stat, we'll be taking our leaves." "Don't worry, I'm not offended. Truthly, we thought she was our friend, Applejack. I mean she has her Eyes and Hair."

Knowing that they were getting close to the truth, the Oranges then left Ponyville and headed back to Orangeton. Once they were gone, the Mane 5 were then concerned. "Ok, I don't care if that was A.J. or not, no one can be a Snobby Brat to me or my friends!" Rainbow Dash then got mad. "Agree Darling. Just be glad Fluttershy wasn't here. If she did yell at her, she would break down crying, heart broken. The Poor dear." "Can't we see from what that was! They left quickly after Twi mentioned 'Applejack'. They must be the main cause of her acting strange!" Apple Bloom then ranted.

As they were thinking, Orangejack mentioned their names. "The Oranges? Never heard of them?" "Tell me about it. I just want our friend back." Rainbow Dash replied. "And my sister too. Maybe we could get some information from Granny Smith?" Apple Bloom replied, which the other Crusaders agreed, and also the Mane 4 too.

====================================================================================================

After that, they made it to Sweet Apple Acres, where fortuantly, Granny Smith was sitting on a rocking chair outside the main house. She was happy to see the Youngest Apple Member coming to see her. "Ah Apple Bloom and others. What brings you back here early?"

"Well Granny Smith, we need to know something about these weird people around the markets. They call themselves The Oranges." Twilight told her, which made Granny Smith go a little nuts and rant.

"The Oranges?! Why are those no good, rotten filled, snobby fools doing in our town?!" They were all surprised and scared to see her like this. "Them Rotten Oranges are no good, I tell ya! Even if us and the Pears are family, their Rivals for life! They almost made a war between Orangeton and Appleloosa!"

"Orangeton? That's where they must live! Let's go!" Twilight told everyone, but was stopped by Granny Smith. "I won't be goin' their if I were y'all. Even if they're Rotten, they are also clever and sneeky! They're dark Chemists and an use dust to brainwash anyone into being their rotten servants!" Granny Smith added.

Twilight thought about it and knew they had to plan out a way to, not just stop them, but also save Applejack in the process. "Well, magic dust is kind of a very rare from all around Equestria and making it is only special if your a Unicorn. The old Pillars tried to use it on Dragons to heed their greed, but that didn't work and almost caused a war." They didn't want to know more history on Equestria and were focused on Applejack.

"We can listen to Equestrian Fairy Tales later. Right now, A.J!" Rainbow Dash replied, as she was ready to head to Orangeton, only to realise she doesn't know where she would be going. "Where is Orangeton again?" "I would never tell y'all where that dirty town is! I'm doing this to protect y'all and..." "We can just look at the Cutie Map, you know." Twilight responded, butting into Granny Smith's ranting, but she saw they were determent to save their friend. "I won't be able to join, but I can give y'all hope, but I wish you all the luck I can give." Granny Smith told them.

"We'll come too!" "Yeah, if her sister is in trouble, we'll want to join in too!" Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were also determine to help, thinking Apple Bloom wanted to help get Applejack back. "I mean I wasn't planning on going, but I now want to join!" Some of the Mane 5 thought it would be risky, but they could use all the help they needed.

"Wait, what about Fluttershy?" Pinkie Pie asked. "She said something about hanging out with Discord?" Rainbow said to her. "Oh, I thought the writer didn't think of adding her?" She replied back, which they didn't ask too. Once they were set as a group, they headed back to the castle and planned out how to save their friend.

Author's Note:

Being Truthal, I'm kind of not good at making someone sound Snobby or Bratty, but I'll still make it my best to try.

Anyway, the Mane 5 and the Cutie Mark Crusaders are now planning on trying to find a way to get Applejack back from those Rotten Oranges!

Also about Fluttershy, what Pinkie Pie said was kind of true, but I kind of did put in a good excuse to why she's not in this story.

-Kyetta Cubid.

Comments ( 4 )

So far. So good on this new chapter, I enjoyed it!

I wonder what Orangejack is going to do next I better wait and find out soon.

Dreams do come true if you keep believing in yourself. Anything is possible.

Here's a song that will make you natural. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/V5M2WZiAy6k?si=cBxzsCxDyXNpLOIJ

I’m excited to see where the story will go from here

I know it’s irrelevant, but I still can’t look at Chisa and not remember all the horrible things that happened to her.

11772800
Well, sorry that it reminds you of the Despair Arc, but I had to use this cover because it's somewhat funny and addresses what Applejack has become in this Story. It's not because I'm making fun of her, just for the record!

Login or register to comment