• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 403 Views, 15 Comments

Friendship is Failure #25- Death to Twilight - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and Spike are trapped and doomed to die if their friends don't save them in time.

  • ...
35
 15
 403

Final Act: Back to Start

FINAL ACT

Starlight understood now. “So that’s why I didn’t get any warning from you two.”

Then she asked Twilight, “What happened then?”

“Ohh… uhnnnn…!” groaned Twilight. She had hardly any strength left, but she continued her story.

“Spike and I… we were… knocked out… a long… long time…!”



Twilight and Spike had been knocked out for exactly twenty-four hours, thanks to the knockout darts.

They finally began to awaken, the next morning, to find themselves buried in the sand up to their necks!

“Spike!” Twilight groaned. Her head was still spinning from a mix of the knockout and the desert heat.

“Twilight?” Spike answered, and they both discovered the trouble they were in.


“Well, well, look who decided to wake up one last time.” hissed an unpleasant voice.

The duo looked up and saw the villains standing over and glaring down at them. They even removed their sheets and scarves, revealing themselves.

“Goldie… Silver…?!” cried Twilight.

The sisters chuckled wickedly.

“What’s going on?” Spike asked as he tried to struggle loose.

“What’s going on is payback time!” sneered Silver. “There’s no use struggling; we’ve packed the sand extra tight.”

Twilight then tried to magic her way out, only to realize the manacle on her horn. “Oh, no!” she cried.

“Oh, yes,” laughed Goldie. “Just a little extra precaution we took so you don’t try any of your tricks.”

The Sisters then explained everything…


After their hotel was shut down-- thanks to Twilight’s foolish business antics.

They couldn’t accept the money because of their family’s honor, and were so outraged and upset, that they fled from Equestria, wishing to start a new in a place where Twilight Sparkle could not find them and ruin them a second time.

Of course, rejecting the money meant they hadn’t much to work with or to sustain themselves with for very long, and eventually they became poor, which lead them to becoming desert bandits…

…Slick and sly creatures, making a living by selling trinkets for unfair prices, or stealing whatever they could with their mad skills.

As settled as they were with their new lifestyles, they never forgot Twilight and the role she played in all this-- despite their own faults in trusting her in the first place and rejecting much needed money.

All they could think about was revenge, and how to do it.


“We may be bandits, but we still have some levels of standards.” admitted Goldie.

Silver nodded, “We like to do things clean, without getting our hooves too dirty, and we also like to leave no traces or leads that can get back to us.”


That’s when the sisters pointed out that Spike and Twilight were buried in the river trench.

“You see that way over there?” Goldie said while pointing upstream at the large dam. “Soon, it’s going to open, and the water will come rushing out of it.

If your heads don’t get knocked off by the rushing currents, you’ll surely drown.

Either way, you’re both history!”

Twilight and Spike gulped hard.


“It doesn’t have to be this way.” Twilight begged, “You two don’t have to do this, we can work all this out.”

She explained how she felt guilty all this time, and she really wanted to make it up to the sisters.

“If you let us go, we can all go back to Equestria, and everything will be okay again.”

Unfortunately, her pleas fell on deaf ears, or rather heartless ones. The Sisters only laughed at her.

“I don’t think their interested.” muttered Spike.

Indeed, The Sisters were not!

“We’ve come this far, why end it all now?” asked Goldie.

“Besides,” added Silver. “You messed us up once already, why should we trust you again?”

Goldie pointed at Twilight, “Your time is up, for wrecking our lives.”

Then Silver pointed at Spike, “And you… well, we just can’t have any witnesses.”


The two villains, satisfied with their evil deed gave a final snicker at the victims.

“So long, suckers!” sneered Goldie.

“Give our regards to oblivion.” hissed Silver.

They took off, flying away laughing wickedly, leaving their helpless victims to their fate.


“They’re gone, Twilight.” Spike peeped.

“I know, Spike. I know…” groaned Twilight.



There was nothing left for her to tell, and not that she could anyway, she had totally exhausted her voice.

“Twilight, stay with me!” Starlight begged, but it was no use. Twilight finally passed out from the heat, causing Starlight’s hologram to disappear with the connection being broken as promised.

Twilight and Spike were both out of it now-- unconscious, baking in the sun…

…That’s when it happened!


The dam magically began to open as promised, and the waters came rushing out, and rapidly filling the river in a raging torrent.

The water had nearly reached Twilight and Spike, ready to knock their heads off…!

…When suddenly, it all just stopped!


Celestia and her team had arrived and not a moment too soon! She had used her powerful magic to encase the water in a stasis field holding it at bay.

While she stood where she was to maintain the spell, “Get to work, men!” she ordered her guards, and the men got straight to work digging Twilight and Spike out of the ground, and remove the ant-magic manacles,

Soon, they were safely out, and Celestia let the way rush. She was very relieved to have arrived just in time.

“Your majesty,” one of the guards asked her. “What of the two ponies who did this?”

Celestia grimly remarked, “I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do. They may as well be a million miles away.

For now, we must get these-two some water, and get them home!”



Soon, Twilight and Spike were home and safe, much to the happiness and relief of all their friends, but Celestia had ordered Spike and Twilight to take a week off work due to the excessive amounts of desert sun and dehydration they had suffered.

Starlight managed all of Twilight’s classes and office work, while the rest of the ponies maintained their own classes and duties as well.

Naturally, they all met up at the castle one night to check up on Twilight and Spike.

Starlight came out from visiting Twilight.

“Is she alright?” asked Fluttershy.

“Poor thing,” answered Starlight, “She hasn’t been sleeping well lately.”

“I can hardly blame her.” said Rarity. “Given all that she’s been through, and that we nearly lost her in the process… Oh! I feel faint.”

“I don’t think it’s all that.” said Applejack. “I don’t think Spike or Twilight will be sleeping too well, what with the Star Sisters still out there.”

Rainbow was fuming angrily, “I don’t get it! They just tried to kill our friends! Why don’t we just go out there, and make them sorry they ever crossed our paths?”

Starlight shook her head, “We’ve been over this! I can’t find them, not even with the Hologram. It worked on Spike and Twilight because we share strong bonds, it won’t work with the sisters. Even Celestia can’t find them. Who knows where they’ve got to by now?

Even if we did find them, there’s nothing we can do.

They attacked outside of any borders-- where there is no rules, laws, or any form of penalties for crimes.

We don’t have a legal leg to stand on.”

The friends were all horrified and livid.

“So that’s it?!” wailed Pinkie. “They just tried to kill our friends, and we just let them go? What if they come back? What if they try to finish Twilight off again?!”

Even Starlight felt her stomach turn at such a thought, but all she could say was, “We’ll all have to keep our guards up if they ever try such a thing again.

As for Twilight and Spike…” she paused “…I just hope they’ll be alright.”


Poor Twilight was shut up in her room. She had enforced every window, all the walls, and even the floor and doors with her best spells to prevent unwanted creatures from sneaking in at night.

She even carried a large broom with her to attack anyone or anything that would dare sneak up on her, but due to her lack of sleep and paranoia, even the slightest sound made her jump.

“Who’s there!” she shouted when saw something moving, but it was just her own shadow.

“Don’t do that!” cried Spike, and he hid under the bed sheets shaking nervously. He was far too scared to sleep in his own room by himself.

Twilight nervously climbed into bed with him, and held him close to her, while they both quivered nervously while trying to get some sleep…

But all they could hear was the sound of the Star Sisters laughing at them and expected to one day come and try to get at them again!

Author's Note:

Heh-Heh-Heh...!

Ohh, I enjoyed this one-- really socking it to Twilight like that...

...Just as I look forward to the next one too.

Comments ( 1 )

I have an idea I think you might like to try.
During an inspection or something of a big city like Las Pegasus or Manehatten, Twilight stumbles upon the Red Light District. Embarrassed and thinking that it's not the 'Friendship' way, she basically has all of the stores closed down and replaced by family friendly versions, such as dating restaurants and the like, along with having the creatures that worked there get normal jobs.
However, not only are a number of ponies, and other creatures, pissed about losing their jobs, but a number of influential customers are pissed for not being able to 'properly de-stress' in their preferred manner, which has them making the lives of their employees hard too. Along with things like deals falling through, due to tempers and the like.
The ones that warn Twilight that this is a bad idea are Spike, Dash, Pinkie, and surprisingly Rarity, who also has a minor side business in selling intimate clothing.

What do you think?

Login or register to comment