• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 403 Views, 15 Comments

Friendship is Failure #25- Death to Twilight - DakariKingMykan



Twilight and Spike are trapped and doomed to die if their friends don't save them in time.

  • ...
35
 15
 403

Act Four: Trouble Begins

ACT FOUR

With the hotel being prepared for renovation under its new ownership, Twilight and Spike were forced to leave for the train station.

As she walked through town, many passersby called to her.

“Look, there she is.”

“It’s Princess Hotel Wrecker!”

“Thanks a lot! Oh, yeah, and I’m being sarcastic!”

This was all Twilight needed, taunting, and hooting from Equestrians.

Even at the train-station, a little colt who stayed at the hotel with his family blew a rude raspberry at her. His mom stopped him, but she gave Twilight a cold stare before moving herself and her away from her.

Twilight was in disgrace.

Spike could see she was far too lost in despair to be spoken to, so he said nothing to her the entire journey home.

Once off the train at Ponyville Station, all their friends were there to greet, but not exactly with open hooves.

Starlight Glimmer held up the front page of the Ponyville Times newspaper, which told the story of the doomed hotel and how Twilight played a large role in the bankruptcy.

“You were supposed to be on vacation, not on a friendship mission.” she scolded.

“Ohh…!!” Twilight groaned.

“Twilight Sparkle… how in the hayfields did you do this?!” sneered Applejack.

“Yeah, how…?” repeated Pinkie. Then she acted genuinely curious. “…I’d really like to know.”

“Oh, the shame of it!” cried Rarity. “I was planning to visit that hotel and open a boutique there.”

This put Spike in mind of the gift he wanted to give to Rarity, but seeing as she was in a bad mood now, he decided to wait.

Twilight was deeply upset and embarrassed that all Ponyville-- nay, all Equestria had heard of her blunder. “What will Princess Celestia about this?!” she fretted.

“…She won’t be very pleased, will she?” said a familiar voice.

Everyone turned and saw Celestia and Luna with extremely disappointed expressions on their faces and Luna was levitating another newspaper up which showed the story.

Twilight felt like passing out, but she managed to explain herself.

“…The hotel was just so beautiful, and I didn’t want it to shut down.”

“I understand your reasons, Twilight.” said Celestia “But it was your lack of understanding the business world, and the feelings and wishes of others which lead to this.”

Luna agreed, “However, part of the blame may also be rested with The Star Sisters. They should have known better than allowing someone of your inexperience in such a trade to assist them.”

Twilight felt no better. Hearing herself being called “Inexperienced” or that her help should never had been accepted was too much to bear.

“Poor Twilight…” peeped Fluttershy.

Rainbow sighed, “It’s going to take an awful lot of work to clean up this mess.”

Fortunately, Twilight was more than given the opportunity.


She wrote letters to every newspaper across Equestria explaining her actions and motivations, and Celestia and Luna added their own comments about it, also being the Star Sisters’ mistake as well.

Finally, one of Twilight’s most-heart felt speeches to the story was.

“To Goldie and Silver Star… I would like nothing more than to find someway to make it up to them and give them back the money that they gave me.”

This, combined with her sincerity saved her reputation as many were moved by her speech and willing to make up for her folly…

…Unfortunately, her wish to help the Star Sisters was easier said than done.

The Sisters were nowhere to be found-- not in Las Pegasus, nor any place in Equestria. They were obviously so depressed, ashamed, and furious, that they had fled to somewhere beyond the borders.


Twilight could never find them and hope to make up with them now, which really depressed her more.


All she could do with the large fortune she had acquired, was not only take her own investment back, but to use the remainder of the fortune to simply give to other businesses needing it, while not interfering with the work systems of said businesses, fearing for a repeat of her mistake.

She even made sure to introduce new subjects in the School of Friendship, such as Business Economics.

“What’s this got to do with Friendship?” the students asked.

Vice Chancellor Starlight Glimmer told the class, “Working in business is a matter of trust, kindness, generosity, and deep thinking.

Also, you should beware of what strategies you try and understand the business you are working with before you decide to help or change things up.”

The students felt this was interesting and took to the study.

Despite all the goodness going along, as well as Twilight’s reputation remaining unharmed, Twilight never forgot about the sisters, this, and the fact she couldn’t find them to make up for her mistake, ate at her soul day and night for months.



Back in the present, Celestia and her team were just flying over the desert. She was now concentrating hard to home in on the magic of Starlight’s hologram.

“Come on, Starlight.” She thought softly “Just hold up a little longer.”



Poor Twilight didn’t think she could last too much longer. “This heat…!” she groaned. “Her voice sounded very dry and weak. “…I need… water.”

She was bound to get some in less than twenty minutes, for the dam would open, and all the water would rush in.

Starlight was feeling the magic weakening again as Twilight drifted off.

“Twilight, stay with me now!” she practically demanded. “You’ve got to hold up until Celestia gets here. Keep going with your story. What happened next?”

Twilight managed to keep awake-- barely!


“What… happened… next?” she paused. “…Oh, right, then Spike and I… we were… on our way… to Klugetown!”



The Friendship Map had called Spike and Twilight over to Klugetown, far, far away in the desert beyond Equestria’s borders by their old friend Capper.

They arrived by airship as Klugetown was much to far away to fly to in just one go on their own-- especially with all the luggage they needed to bring.

Capper was delighted to see them, and he explained…


Ever since their first meeting and all the kindness Twilight and the ponies had shown him, he thought, “Maybe its time this town cleaned up its ways-- started brand new, and who better to help them than the Princess of Friendship.”

Twilight was naturally delighted to assist in teaching the townsfolk about Friendship and how to better manage their lives as opposed to being con-artists and shady sales-creatures…

She and Spike even helped fix up buildings-- enforcing them with bricks, cement mixed from sands, mud, and water-- to help make them stronger and cooler against the desert heat.

With all this happening, Klugetown was on the verge of becoming a greater place, with proper shops, inns, hotels, tourist attractions, and even better laws to ensure fair play and safer living conditions.

In return for their work, Capper treated Spike and Twilight to good meals at an Inn he owned, as well as a free suite.

“It’s the least I can do… for a friend?” he said with a smile.

Twilight felt grateful. “I’m really pleased that everyone around here is starting to embrace friendship.”

“Me too!” Spike said with his mouth full. “This cooking is so wonderful.”

Twilight was just relieved that she had learned from her mistake all those months ago and was able to use better and smarter skills to get the town on its way to bettering itself.

Little did she know that two familiar faces were watching her!

Two creatures garbed in brown burlap desert robes, and scarves over their mouths, and sheets over their heads, had stopped at the inn on the last day of Twilight’s visit for a bite to eat.

It was Goldie and Silver Star, and they could hardly believe their eyes.

“Princess Twilight Sparkle…?!” Goldie growled softly so as not to be overheard.

“What is she doing here?!” grumbled Silver.

They were seated at a table right near Capper’s. It was fortunate for them that Twilight and Spike didn’t recognize them because of their coverings, and just as well.

The sisters carefully listened in on the conversation happening…

“Are you two sure you have to leave tomorrow?” asked Capper.

“I’m afraid so,” replied Twilight. “We have a school to run back home, not to mention and a country to look after, but we’ll come back and visit soon.”

“You can bet I will…” Spike sighed as he stroked his full belly. “I could get used to this place.”

Twilight giggled and said, “I hope you didn’t eat too much, Spike. We have to catch the airship at first light, so no oversleeping.”

Spike had already fallen asleep in his chair and hadn’t heard a thing.

“Poor little guy.” laughed Capper.


The sisters both snickered.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” whispered Silver.

“Mm-hmm,” agreed her sister “I think it’s time to give Princess Twilight a little payback for what she did to us!”


Early the next morning, the airship bound for Equestria was boarding, and Capper was bidding goodbye to Twilight and Spike as they boarded.

“You really know your stuff, Twilight.” he said to her. “Maybe I’ll come to Equestria and visit you someday.”

“That would be wonderful.” agreed Twilight. “It’s always nice to invite new friends over, especially if it helps Equestria connect to other places beyond our borders.”

Soon, Spike and Twilight were safely aboard, and the ship took off, bound for Equestria.

Capper kept waving until the ship was way out over the desert.


Little did he or anyone onboard the ship realize the trouble that was about to happen.

Spike and Twilight were relaxing on the first-class deck-- on big lawn chairs and just soaking in the sun like other passengers.

“Ahh, this sun feels great.” sighed Spike.

“Sure does.” agreed Twilight. “Oh, by the way, did you happen to write to Starlight Glimmer telling her when we’d be arriving?”

Spike bolted upright, “I thought you did?”

Realizing this blunder, Twilight aimed to correct this mistake at once, but she and Spike left all their writing tools in their suitcases, which were down in the hold with all the rest of the crates and the luggage.

Passengers were welcome to go down into the hold to get their own bags in case of emergency, or if they needed anything, provided they ask the guard at the hold door first.

Strangely, there was no one guarding the door to the hold.

“That’s odd.” said Twilight. She decided to get their writing stuff first and then report this to the ship’s crew.

Spike looked up and down and all round for his little knapsack.

“Ah, here you are…” but as he picked it up, he almost screamed.

“What is it?” Twilight asked as she hurried over to him. Then she nearly freaked at what she saw. There was the guard to the hold, tucked behind the shelf and unconscious-- as if someone had knocked him out and stowed him behind there.

Twilight and Spike gawked at each other, and before either of them could say a thing to each other…

PEW!! “D’ah!”

PEW!! “Ow…!”

They both felt something sharp strike them on the backs of their necks, and they both instantly fell into complete and total blackouts of unconsciousness on the floor.

That’s when the Star Sisters came out from behind large crates-- which they had used to stow themselves onboard-- and they had just shot their victims with tiny darts from blowguns.

“Out like candles in the wind.” snickered Goldie.

Silver held up a small bottle of a knockout potion the darts had been dipped with and stroked it, “I love this stuff. Makes the job less dirty.”

Her sister agreed, and then she said. “Let’s get a move on while their out of it.”


The ship was flying clear over the desert, far, far away from any civilization and any laws or witnesses.

The sneaky sisters, with their unconscious victims, leapt out through a hatch in the hold, and flew down, down, down, into the sandstorms of the desert.

Not a single soul saw them.