• Published 20th Oct 2023
  • 112 Views, 2 Comments

Rarity Belle and the missing manuscript - Reily



A story Rarity is working on goes missing

  • ...
 2
 112

Chapter 6: Bonus

I made my way back home with my manuscript secured in my saddlebag, thankful this day was finally over. My story was safe and sound, meaning I can finally fix my mane in peace. I opened the inside of my boutique and saw Sweetie Belle lying down on my spare fainting couch with an ice pack over her horn. She squinted and looked up at me.

“Rarity, I don’t feel so good.”

I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead. “Maybe next time you won’t go so hard on the advanced teleportation spell use.”

Sweetie Belle jolted up.

“H-how did you figure that one out? I thought Melody and I were extra careful…I knew I should have gotten the rest of the rest of the crusaders to help.”

I love you Sweetie Belle, but it’s super easy to see through you.

I shook my head. “Doesn’t matter. I have my ways. But I do expect an apology later and I have the perfect punishment for you. For now though, please rest up and take it easy. I love you. Don’t forget that.”

I gave her a quick hug.

Even if you’re a pain in the flank, you’re still my precious Sweetie Belle.

Comments ( 2 )
RB_

Aw! What a sweet story! Very pleasant reading.

The mystery was a little simple for my tastes. I don't particularly think you were going for anything elaborate, but just as advice, it's a good idea to include multiple possible suspects when writing a mystery like this. Otherwise, it can be pretty obvious whodunnit.

But overall this was very nice! Good job!

11735957

:pinkiecrazy: Thank you for reading this. I didn't wanna do something super elaborate.


My main goal was to have a healthy amount of foreshadowing and to make the mystery solvable. I think I leaned a little too into the solvable part and forgot to make things challenging. I probably should have had other suspects. Like Rainbow and/or Pinkie pulling a prank. Or Lyra be considered an option. Or had an ominous note as a red herring.

The solution probably didn't feel satisfying right? The culprit might have been clear the moment Melody was introduced. :pinkiesad2:

How would you fix this if you had the opportunity?

Login or register to comment