• Published 20th Oct 2023
  • 112 Views, 2 Comments

Rarity Belle and the missing manuscript - Reily



A story Rarity is working on goes missing

  • ...
 2
 112

Chapter 3: Rarity's Confidences

I made my way past mud, twigs, and huge water puddles.

Mud , mud, and more mud. There's gotta be a simpler way to avoid getting dirty.

"Over here, Rarity. Me and Bon Bon wanna talk to you."

I almost walked right past her and was about to enter Sugarcube Corner when I finally noticed Lyra waving her hoof in front of my face. As the hoof retracted and I took a good look , I saw both Lyra and Bon Bon in front of me.

"Lyra, I think Rarity is a little busy. "

A little busy is an understatement darling. But feel free to go on.

Lyra proceeded to groan.

"But Bonnnie…I wanted to talk about the My Little Human fanstory she helped inspire me to write." Lyra instantly perked up. "They go around solving mysteries! And plus it's nice to talk about mystery stories every other week with RareRare. How is that not epic?"

Lyra's horn glowed a bright tangerine as she pulled out a stack of papers with somewhat illegible chicken scratch. As the pages moved closer to me, I couldn't help but notice some small bite marks.

"Pardon me but what happened to your pages darling? Did a pet get into it?"

I do feel sympathy though. Though sweet Opal has always been very well behaved, if not a little fussy. I love her so much and would abhor having a filthy mutt, but too bad cats can’t smell as well. Otherwise I’d bring my little snuckums here with me.

Lyra shook her head.

"Nah. There was a gust earlier that scattered quite a few pages around. Luckily for me and the adventures of Clemency, Swift, and Heart ; some filly helped me gather them before they fell into a puddle or got too ruined. I'll remember to thank her next time I see them."

I started to get a strange feeling of Deja-Vu.

"Say that filly wouldn't happen to have had pastel pink fur with rainbow hair?"

Lyra's grin grew. "You know them too? Great! Bye bye,RareRare. Let's go Bonnie!"

As the pair wandered off, I got back to my quest; and entered the Sugarcube Corner’s warm inviting gingerbread themed doors. A sudden whiff of delicious mint ice cream approached my nostrils as I pushed the door open. The bell chimed, and with a sudden jolt, Pinkie practically jumped right on top of me and gave me a squeeze.

Nice to see you too Pinkie darling. Even if it’s only been a day or so. If only I wasn’t here for business. I’d get enough tubs of ice cream to fill a tub, and maybe a scone or two. Goodness knows how hard it is to stockpile these things for a major disaster the likes nopony should ever have to deal with.

Despite being a slow day, the few customers there gave us a quick glance then returned to their food. Though I could have sworn I saw Sweetie Belle at a bar stool with her horn soaking inside a hot fudge sundae.

I remember those days as a foal. Practicing my magic and feeling my horn starting to overheat. I know she’s been trying to learn some more advanced spells, but the only one I really use daily is basic levitation.

“Hiii Rarity! Nice to see you. Betcha the sewing’s going fantastic! What can I do for you?”

I cleared my throat and prepared to explain my troubles.

Even with her general Pinkieness; she’s smart and witty in her own right. Here’s hoping she can help.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Pinkie. I was hoping to discuss certain matters," I said, looking around the room, "in private."

I'd rather not have too many prying eyes, even if it is rather innocuous all things considered.

"Okie Dokie Loki. Meet me in the kitchen. I'll be with you shortly"

I trotted into the kitchen, only to be greater by an overwhelming amount of bright pink balloons. All labeled "Good job Rarity". I took a seat at the table and began to wonder what the heck Pinkie was up to.

"So Rarity! I've felt in my tail that you're going to get some major really good news today. Three shakes and an uncontrollable blinking in my left eye. Have you heard it yet? If so, tell me. Tell me, tell me, tell me!"

Pinkie started shaking me back and forth like a foal’s rattle; almost as aggressively as Sweetie Belle used to be to those toys Mother and Father got her.

I’m grateful I didn’t have a big meal earlier. Not that I normally would be caught doing such a thing normally mind you. Though this definitely isn’t helping.

I gently coughed; trying to get her attention. She slowly eased up her grip and presented a sheepish smile.

The only good news I’m looking for right now is my story to actually be found and maybe for a handsome gentlecolt to sweep me off my feet.

"Not yet, I’m afraid. Though, Pinkie, I believe this belongs to you," I said as I levitated the plastic bag with the confetti dust.

Pinkie took it in her hooves, opened it up, and then stuck a dollop of the confetti in her mouth for a second and spat it out into the bag.

“Yepperoni! That’s mine. I made it last week; vanilla flavor. It was a huge hit at this birthday party for a cute little pegasus filly. Too bad her uncle didn’t show up; he apparently was still in Canterlot busy with work that day." Pinkie took a minute to start rubbing a hoof against her chin.

"And after the main event, the birthday pony was curious about the confetti dust and I let her have some. I’m not sure what a pony would do with leftover confetti dust, but who am I to get in the way of curiosity. Especially when I ensure all my confetti is completely safe for foal consumption; though its texture has always been a little off. Plus less cleanup for me to do.”

Pinkie was now just sitting there with a goofy grin on her face.

"Does that help you Rarity?"

I nodded.

"Kinda. Thank you darling. It does help me quite a bit."

Just as I was about to walk out, I heard a sudden shout from Pinkie.

"Wait! Before you go, I think you should get some lunch. Having food always makes me feel better. Even if it's from a snooty uptight place like Café Hay. Hint. Hint."

Pinkie gave me an exaggerated wink then waved me off.

"Good luck! Don't forget to have fun."