• Published 30th Aug 2023
  • 452 Views, 12 Comments

Crimson's Arrival - Zack Catcher



Short Description (20 words): Fluttershy unexpectedly becomes a surrogate mother to a unique changeling, navigating the challenges of parenthood while unraveling mysterious abilities.

  • ...
0
 12
 452

Chapter 3 Crimson's Day Out

The next morning arrived, and the sun, raised by Princess Celestia, cast its warm light into my room. The gentle rays gradually woke me, and I greeted the day with a yawn. As I looked down, a smile graced my lips when I saw Crimson, cuddled up against my belly.

My heart melted at the sight, and I planted a tender kiss on his forehead. Carefully, I got out of bed, my gaze never leaving Crimson. I gently picked up his sleeping form, placing him on my back. He shifted in his sleep, finding a comfortable spot, and continued his peaceful slumber. His tranquillity brought a smile to my face as I descended the stairs to prepare breakfast.

In the kitchen, I retrieved some baby food for Crimson to enjoy when he woke up. As for myself, I poured a bowl of cereal. After making breakfast, I headed to the dining table, carefully placing Crimson on my lap before I started eating.

A few minutes passed, and Crimson began to stir, his eyes slowly opening. "Good morning, sleepyhead," I greeted him with a smile. As he woke up further, he yawned adorably. My smile grew even wider as I grabbed his baby food. "Mama," Crimson said, his excitement evident in his voice.

"Good morning to you too, Crimson," I replied warmly as I opened the jar of baby food. I felt him jump off the chair and onto my back, and though I couldn't see his face, I could tell he was excited for his breakfast, or perhaps just delighted to see me again.

After a moment, I carefully took Crimson off my back and set him between my legs, facing the table. I then scooped up a spoonful of baby food, and Crimson eagerly opened his mouth, ready for his meal. I smiled as I fed him, watching him swallow the food with enthusiasm.

After what felt like a few minutes, Crimson finished three jars of baby food. He began to shift in his seat, clearly a bit uncomfortable. Knowing what was wrong, I lifted him, placing him over my shoulder. He let out a burp before cooing softly.

I smiled and gently placed him on the ground. He stumbled a bit, swaying from side to side, but quickly steadied himself. Crimson looked up at me, his expression filled with joy.

Before he settled down, resting his hooves up to me, “Mama,” Crimson said softly. I scanned the room for something he could play with and realized I hadn't prepared any toys, cribs, or baby essentials. I hadn't realized I was this unprepared.

"Oh, I don’t think we have anything for you to play with," Crimson tilted his head, looking a bit puzzled. I walked over to him, laying down on my belly to meet him at his eye level.

“I guess you're stuck playing with me,” I said playfully, nuzzling him.

Crimson started to laugh as I lifted him up and began to play with him. I lay on my back, moving Crimson up and down with my hooves repeatedly, blowing a little air into his face each time I moved him down. I could see Crimson giggling, a bright smile forming on his face.

After a while of playing in this manner, I decided to introduce a game of peek-a-boo to see how Crimson would react. I covered my eyes with my hooves and then quickly revealed them, saying, "Peek-a-boo. I see you."

Crimson burst into laughter and crawled over to me. I repeated the game several more times, each time eliciting more giggles as he fell onto his back in amusement.

As the playtime continued, I knew that sooner or later, I would have to make a trip to the store to get supplies, including toys for Crimson and a playpen. I needed to be more prepared. "Hey, Crimson," I called out, and he looked at me with curiosity. "Do you want to go see the purple pony?"

"Purple pony?" Crimson echoed a hint of intrigue in his voice.

"Yes, the purple pony," I confirmed.

"Purple pony!" Crimson enthusiastically exclaimed, raising his hooves in the air, clearly excited about the idea.

I giggled as I picked him up and put him in my saddle bag to keep him hidden from other ponies, before heading out to Twilight’s castle. While I was walking to Twilight’s castle.

I was passing Sugarcube Corner when Pinkie Pie spotted me and hurried over. “Oh hey there, Fluttershy. How are you doing today?” Pinkie's voice bubbled with energy.

“Um, I’m doing rather well. How about you?” I responded.

“Pretty swell! Sugarcube Corner has been bustling lately. So, what have you been up to?” Pinkie inquired, her eyes drawn to the movements in my bag.

“I haven’t been doing much. Just taking care of my animals,” I said, noticing Crimson shifting in my bag. Pinkie's curiosity piqued. “Oh, what's in the bag? A portable party cannon?”

“Uh, no… it’s just… books for Twilight. She wanted to borrow some of my books about exotic creatures for a bit,” I explained, hoping to divert her attention.

“Well, she does have an endless amount of books, so I guess that makes sense,” Pinkie said, her suspicion fading.

“See you later,” Pinkie chirped as she hopped back into Sugarcube Corner. I sighed and peered into my bag, spotting Crimson peacefully asleep at the bottom, bringing a smile to my face. I continued my stroll through Ponyville, eventually making my way to Twilight’s castle. After knocking on the door, Spike answered and let me in a few minutes later.

“Hey there, Fluttershy,” Spike greeted me. "Hey, Spike. Is Twilight here?" I inquired.

"Yeah, she's in the map room," Spike replied, ushering me inside. He led me to the map room where Twilight was engrossed in a book, as usual.

"Hey, Twilight, Fluttershy is here," Spike announced. Twilight glanced up from her book, offering me a warm smile. "Oh, hello, Fluttershy. It’s so good to see you,” she said, walking over to me.

“It’s wonderful to see you too, but I kind of have a big favour to ask,” I began. “Since I have to run to the store to get a lot of necessities for, you know who, could you maybe watch him for a little while?” I gestured to my bag. Twilight initially appeared puzzled, then realized I was referring to Crimson.

Twilight agreed, saying, “Oh, yes, I’ll be happy to watch him for a while. Though Spike might see Crimson, too.”

“I think that will be alright, I hope,” I replied, opening my bag to reveal Crimson peacefully napping inside.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on him,” Twilight assured me with a smile. I carefully handed Crimson over to her, trying not to wake him up, and then I left the castle to get my shopping done.

***up next foal sitting***

Author's Note:

hello everyone like i had said in my post i will be working on improving past chapter I will also be changing a few thing in the chapters, when I finish them I will make a post saying that I have fixed the chapter's this is also the reason why this chapter is not that long, I have a lot to fix and not a lot of time to do it

Comments ( 6 )

More good

So are the first chapters still being rewritten?

It appears there might be a few typos in your text. Here’s a revised version:

Miss something during editing?

11746959
why do i away's forget to remove those

11747330
Ok I’ll wait then.

Login or register to comment