• Published 17th Aug 2023
  • 240 Views, 1 Comments

Music be the Food of Love - Lil Sunny



Down on her luck in a dead end job, a certain minty mare decides to try her luck with an old friend.

  • ...
0
 1
 240

Looking Ahead

It had been a few days since Lyra moved to Ponyville, her personal relationship with Bon Bon was always saved for the evening after the shop was closed. During the day she played her lyre as Bon Bon sold her sweets, sometimes the customers would stand a moment and listen before approaching the counter. When the day got too hectic, she put the instrument down and left to help Bon Bon in the back by packaging whatever sweets were asked for, or restocking the displays in the front. All in all Bon Bon had seen booming business and received many compliments all because of her minty marefriend.

One week after Lyra’s first day, Bon Bon decided to do something special. She left Lyra downstairs to take stock as she went upstairs and prepared a roasted marrow and plenty of side vegetables which she set on a candle lit table with two presently empty glasses and a bottle of fine red wine.

Lyra sniffed once, then twice and could smell something delicious upstairs, she kept doing her job but the minute she was finished she dimmed the downstairs lights and climbed up to their home above the shop.

“What’s cookin’ good lookin’?” She smirked.

Bon Bon giggled. “Oh you, come on in dinner’s ready.”

Lyra sat at the table and her mout began to water at the massive marrow in front of her.

“Something that big isn’t cheap Bonny, what’s the occasion? And wine too? You’re going all out for something.”

“Lyra honey, it’s our one week anniversary. That’s an excuse to celebrate if I ever heard it.”

“Well alright then. You gonna carve this baby up or what?”

“Patience honey, good things come to those who wait.” Bon Bon giggled again and took a large carving knife and fork to the marrow, taking a few slices off it and adding them to Lyra’s plate, then her own.

Lyra cut a piece off one slice and tried it, her face immediately lit up at the succulent taste.

“Holy Celestia this is great, damn like, whoa. I knew you were a good cook Bonny but this is ridiculous. It’s seasoned perfectly, it’s tender and juicy. So good.” She continued to eat her marrow slices and salad with a big smile on her face.

“Thanks honey, would you like a glass of Wine?”

“Sure Bonny why not?” Lyra couldn’t keep the smile off her face as Bon Bon poured two glasses of wine for them.

“A toast, to one week together and many more to come.” Bon Bon said proudly.

“I hear that. To us.” Lyra raised her glass too and the two clinked their glasses before taking a sip of the crimson elixir inside.

“So Bonny, you got a dessert too?”

“Of course I do, but you’re gonna have to clean your plate if you want some.”

“Not a problem with how good this stuff is. You’re gonna keep that in the fridge for another day right? I’d hate to see something this tasty get wasted.”

“Absolutely honey. I know how to keep food fresh for as long as I need it.”

Lyra finished her plate of food and Bon Bon took both plates into the sink before finding space in the fridge for the marrow and then bringing out two tall glasses. Inside each she put a few scoops of ice cream, some chocolate shavings, sprinkles, chocolate sauce and a wafer before placing both on the table with two long dessert spoons.

“A chocolate sundae for my sweet and saucy marefriend.” Bon Bon smirked.

“Don’t mind if I do Bonny.” Lyra took a spoonful of everything together and smiled. “Man I love sweet stuff.”

Bon Bon chuckled. “Don’t I know it? Count yourself lucky you decided to date a confectioner then honey.”

“Oh I’m one lucky mare, but not just because your sweets are awesome, which they are. But because you’re awesome too Bonny, you’re the best thing that ever happened to me and I was stupid to almost let it slip through my hooves. But now I’m here with you and I’m not leaving. Not now and not ever. I want to be by your side forever.”

Bon Bon blushed. “Oh Lyra, that’s the most romantic thing any pony has ever said to me….mostly. I’m glad you think of me like that, I think you’re really talented too, in a different way. You have skills I don’t and vice versa. We make each other better and that’s the mark of a good relationship. No, a great relationship.”

The two finished their sundaes and sat in the living room cuddling and finishing off the bottle of wine. Lyra’s tolerance for alcohol was significantly higher than Bon Bon’s so while she barely felt a buzz, Bon Bon was giggling and falling over herself clearly drunk.

“You know hic you’re soooo minty Lyra, I bet you taste like hic toothpaste. Minty fresh Lyra.” Bon Bon giggled drunkenly.

“Alright Bonny, we’re finished the bottle and I think you’ve had enough to drink for tonight.”

“Awww but I like to Lyra, it makes me love drink even more.” She giggled.

“I think that’s backwards honey.”

“No if it was backwards it would be Aryl, hey that’s a funny name too.” She fell onto the couch.

“Alright missy, time for bed. You’ll feel better in the morning.”

“Alright minty horse. Sure thing.” Bon Bon flopped onto Lyra as she carried her marefriend to bed.

“Hey Lyra?”

“Yeah Bonny?”

“C’mere.”

Lyra scooched closer to Bon Bon who quickly wrapped her hooves around Lyra and kissed her passionately on the muzzle.

Lyra’s eyes widened for a second but then she melted into the kiss, it lasted several minutes before they came up for air but no sooner had they when Bon Bon dove back in for round 2, then round 3, then Lyra stopped counting.

“Man, that was intense Bonny. I wish it weren’t just because you’re drunk.”

Bon Bon sighed. “It isn’t. I know I’m drunk and I’ll probably forget this in the morning but I really do love you and I’m sorry it took a bit of liquid courage for me to show you how much I cared. I don’t ever want to lose you.”

“You won’t, I promise. We’re together forever. I want the whole town to know that where one of us goes, the other isn’t far behind. “ Lyra gave her one last gentle kiss. “Goodnight Bonny, this is a real good thing we’ve got here.”

Bon Bon blushed slightly and smiled. “Goodnight Lyra honey. Sweet dreams.”

The two mares fell asleep in each other’s hooves knowing that while this chapter came to a close, their story was far from over and they would hopefully be together forever.

Comments ( 1 )

Pretty nice take on these two. There were definitely sections of fluff that was so overwhelming that it almost gave me a toothache, (heh) but overall left me with a slight smile on my face. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment