• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 747 Views, 15 Comments

Prehistoric Equestria - Dinosaur12



What will happen when dinosaurs and ponies interact with each other?

  • ...
1
 15
 747

A New Day, A New Danger: Part 3

Tulip and Blue stared each other down, fury in their eyes. Behind Tulip, Fluttershy and Junior held each other tightly.

Blue screeched and sped towards Fluttershy and Junior but was picked up and thrown away by Tulip's massive beak. The raptor pack hissed at Tulip and sped towards her. Tulip reared up on her hind legs and kicked her front legs up in the air. Regina and Blaze jumped onto Tulip's sides. Tulip bellowed in pain as the Utahraptors' claws dug into her flesh.

Junior shook himself out of his daze and looked to Fluttershy. "We have to help her, Miss Fluttershy! She's outnumbered!" Junior exclaimed. Fluttershy looked to Junior and nodded in agreement. Despite her fear, she wasn't going to let those raptors kill Junior's mother.

A recovering Blue stood up and snarled at Tulip. While the rest of her packmates were distracting the Edmontosaurus, Blue sneaking towards Tulip, ready to pounce.

Before she got any further though, Fluttershy tackled Blue to the ground and pushed her down. "You should be ashamed of yourself! Trying to attack this mother and son!" Fluttershy exclaimed, with anger.

Blue snapped at Fluttershy it response who was able to dodge the attack. "You asked for it!" Fluttershy shouted.

In a few seconds, Fluttershy activated her most powerful ability: The Stare!

Blue ceased her growling and immediately looked upon the pegasus before her. She tried to look away but Fluttershy's eyes had almost hypnotized her.

Meanwhile, Blaze was clinged onto Tulip's flesh, causing the Edmontosaurus to roar in anguish. "If I must say, this will be quite delicious!" Blaze said, licking his lips.

Before he could bite down into Tulip, he was suddenly yanked by his tail. It was Junior! After a few tugs by the tail, Junior yanked Blaze off of his mother. He then tossed the Utahraptor onto the ground and bit down on Blaze's right arm, prompting him to screech in pain.

Junior once again threw Blaze to the side before going to deal with the other raptors. Ripper taking notice of this jumped off Tulip and sped towards the young dinosaur, while Regina kept Tulip distracted. As Fluttershy kept Blue hypnotized with her Stare, she saw Ripper slowly closing in on Junior.

"Junior, watch out!" Fluttershy yelled out. Junior quickly turned around and saw Ripper ready to pounce on him. Luckily, Junior ducked out of the way just as Ripper leapt into the air. Blaze wasn't so lucky.

Just as Blaze was getting back up, he was knocked to the ground by the weight of Ripper landing on him. The two Utahraptors snapped and growled at each other before they launched into a full wrestling match. Fluttershy softly smiled knowing that Junior was safe but that was short lived. When she turned back to Blue, she was met with the snarling face of the Utahraptor. Luckily, Fluttershy rolled out of the way before Blue could even bite her. She backed her way right into Junior causing the two to fall over.

Tulip looked to the side, seeing the pair in danger. She immediately shook Regina off her and rushed to protect the odd creature and her son.

She lost her son once. She wasn't gonna lose him again.

Before the raptors could get any closer, Tulip rushed ahead of them. The pack snarled at Tulip and Tulip grunted right back at them.

"Stay behind me." Tulip told Fluttershy and Junior.

"Wait, mom-"

"Junior, stay behind me." Tulip asserted. Junior nodded reluctantly and took a step back.

With the two now protected, Tulip turned back to face the raptors. Ready to protect her son.

Or die trying.

The Utahraptors growled at Tulip, slowly creeping towards her. Some of the raptors snarled at Tulip yet she didn't show any fear. She stood her ground and grunted at the raptors. Suddenly, all of the pack sprinted towards Tulip, ready to rip and tear her apart.

Regina made the first attack, lunging and slashing into Tulip's side. On Tulip's left side, Ripper dealt his own attack. causing blood to draw from Tulip's flesh. The Edmontosaurus roared in pain and tried to shake the Utahraptors off her but they were holding on tight. Blue sprinted towards Tulip, but Tulip was able to swat her away with her tail. Unfortunately, this distracted Tulip from Blaze who was rushing straight towards her. Blaze jumped onto Tulip's face, piercing her skin with his claws. Tulip roared out in pain and tried to throw the Utahraptor off her.

Seeing that the Utahraptors were starting to get the upper hand on Tulip, Fluttershy swallowed her fear and flew into the battle. She was able to tackle Blaze to the ground and held him in place with her Stare. Blue, seeing the vulnerable pegasus, rushed towards Fluttershy. Before Blue could even reach her though, Tulip grabbed the Utahraptor by her tail and threw her off to the side.

"Now, you go think about what you did." Fluttershy said, getting off of Blaze.

"Y-Yes, ma'am!" Blaze said, nodding his feverishly. He then proceeded to flee back into the forest, most likely to cry in shame.

Regina roared in annoyance as Blaze fled, giving Tulip the chance to throw the Utah raptor off her. She then grabbed Ripper by the tail and threw him off as well. Despite this though, the Utahraptor pack kept coming back for more. Fluttershy and Tulip did their best to defend each other and Junior, each dealing their own blows on the Utahraptors. Fluttershy used her Stare to distract the raptors and knocked them off of Tulip when they tried to jump onto the Edmontosaurus. Tulip bucked the raptors away and kept them at a safe distance with her large tail.

Unfortunately though, the pack was resilient. Blue was able bite onto Fluttershy's hoof and pull her to the ground. Before the pegasus could get back up again, Blue was able to pin Fluttershy down with her clawed feet. Before Blue could kill her though, Tulip came stomping in and tossed the raptor aside. This, though, left her open to an attack from the sides. Regina leapt onto Tulip and slashed hard into her neck, causing the Edmontosaurus to roar in pain. Junior immediately tried to run towards his mother but was cut off by Ripper.

Ripper roared at Junior but he showed no fear. He charged right into the Utahraptor and hit him in the private area. Ripper roared in pain, hopping around before falling over and curling himself into a ball. With

With Ripper down, Junior tried to get to his mother but was grabbed by Blue. The Utahraptor yanked Junior away and forcibly slid him across the dirt. Tulip roared, seeing her son in danger, but this only caused Regina's claws to dig deeper into Tulip's flesh.

Ripper and Blue jumped on both sides of Tulip, slashing into the Edmontosaurus with their sharp claws. Tulip tried her best to try and get the raptors off her but all this did was tire her out. Soon, Tulip, completely exhausted and covered with wounds, collapsed to the ground. The Utahraptors leapt off of Tulip and slowly approached her, ready to feast. Before they could get any closer, Fluttershy and Junior got in their way.

"Get away from her!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Stay away from my mother!" Junior yelled.

The Utahraptors snarled at the pair. They were determined to get their meal. Regina started to run straight for Fluttershy and Junior but the pair held their ground. Suddenly, a beam of lavender magic shot out from the trees, blasting Regina away.

Fluttershy and Junior turned to where this beam had come from. From out of the trees came the Mane 6 with Twilight leading the group. Twilight and Rarity shot magic beams at the Utahraptors, causing them to retreat. Rainbow Dash, Pinkie, and Applejack rushed over to Fluttershy and Junior.

"You guys all alright?" Applejack asked.

"Girls, thank goodness you came!" Fluttershy exclaimed, rushing over and hugging the two mares tightly.

"Easy, Flutters, easy!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "We're glad to see you too but could you let us breathe for a second."

"Oh, sorry." Fluttershy said, blushing. "How did you find us?

"We heard some roaring and screeching coming from over here." Applejack said.

The farm pony then noticed the wounded Tulip, panting heavily on the ground.

"Who's that?" Applejack asked.

"Oh, right. Girls, this is Junior's mother and right now she really needs our help." Fluttershy explained, rushing over to Tulip.

The whole group rushed towards Tulip to tend to her wounds. Luckily, the Utahraptors missed the vital organs and Tulip just needed time and rest for her wounds to heal.

Of course, first, they had to be patched up. It just so happened that Rarity had brought her sewing kit with her.

"You never no when a fashion emergency is going to happen." Rarity told the group.

Rarity tied a string of thread around her sewing needle and was able to close up Tulip's open wounds. With the help of both Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Twilight, Tulip was able to get back on her feet.

And Junior could not be happier.

The young Edmontosaurus rushed to his mother and both embraced each other, tears falling from their eyes.

"It was cutest thing ever, Spike!" Pinkie squealed. All of the Mane 6 were gathered within Twilight's castle and seated in their respective seats. On the far end of the Cutie Map was Spike, mouth extended wide in shock. Finally, Spike spoke.

So.

You're telling me.

That you all fell into an undiscovered world full of living dinosaurs.

Had to fight for your lives against Troodons and raptors.

And reunited an Edmontosaurus with his long lost mother.

All the mares nodded in agreement.

"WITHOUT ME!" Spike yelled, catching the whole group off guard. "Unbelievable."

With that said, the dragon stomped off to his room with his hands up in the air, frustrated.

The group just stared at each other with wide eyes before bursting into laughter.

"Well, I gotta say, that was one heck of an adventure." Applejack said.

"Yes. A little too much adventure for me though." Rarity said. "If anyone needs me, I'll be at the spa."

"I'll write a letter to Princess Celestia." Twilight said, yawning a little. "Right after a quick nap."

And that was that. Each member of the Mane 6 departed from the castle as the Celestia's Sun was starting to set on Equestria's horizon. All the mares headed home, except for Rarity who was heading over for a quick mud bath and a hoof manicure.

As for Fluttershy, she trotted back to her cottage. When she opened the door, she was immediately welcomed by all of her animals hugging her tightly.

"I missed you all too." Fluttershy giggled.

After feeding all the animals and putting them to sleep, Fluttershy headed to her bedroom to enjoy some much-needed rest.

While she slept, she couldn't help but think about Junior. While she was sad to have to say goodbye to him, she knew that he had to stay where he belonged. With his mother. In his home. With that thought, the pegasus drifted off to sleep.

But, deep in the Everfree forest, something was awake. That something was heading for Ponyville. It wasn't a Timberwolf or an Ursa Minor. It was something far more prehistoric.

While the Mane 6 may have concluded this adventure in the Underground, there were many more to come.

Author's Note:

This is quite possibly going to be the longest chapter I've written:rainbowderp:. Thank you everyone for waiting so patiently for this chapter! Be sure to comment your thoughts below and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment