• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 746 Views, 15 Comments

Prehistoric Equestria - Dinosaur12



What will happen when dinosaurs and ponies interact with each other?

  • ...
1
 15
 746

Into the Unknown (edited)

Ever wonder what would happen if the Mane 6 battled a Carnotaurus?

No?

Just me.


The Carnotaurus roared ferociously at the ponies and their dinosaur friend. It lowered and charged straight towards them, its horns pointed straight at the ponies. Luckily, they were quick on their hooves and jumped out of the way.

Twilight blasted a beam at the Carnotaurus.

It was a direct hit.

The Carnotaurus roared furiously and stomped towards Twilight. She quickly casted a magical shield around herself, Junior and the rest of the Mane 6. The Carnotaurus tried to ram and bite through the shield but it couldn'tbreak through. The mares breathed a sigh of relief before trying to come up with a plan.

Carnotaurus was a ferocious predator that roamed Argentina and Patagonia during the Late Cretaceous. Its name means "meat-eating bull" likely due to its two horns that protruded from the top of its head. The first fossils of this dinosaur were found by José Bonaparte in 1985. Carnotaurus measured up to 9 meters long, grew up to 3 meters tall, and weighed up to 4000 pounds. Carnotaurus' horns weren't only for show but also to spar with other Carnotaurus'. Its horns were their only special trait but paleontologists suggest that Carnotaurus was probably on of the fastest predators during its time. Carnotaurus preyed on many herbivores that it found in its habitat, mostly large herbivores such as sauropods.

The Carnotaurus kept on bashing itself against the magical barrier and it wouldn't be long before it finally burst through.

"What the hay is that thing?!" Applejack exclaimed.

"That's a Carnotaurus, the meat-eating bull." Junior explained. As he said this, the Carnotaurus kept biting on the shield causing it to crack a little.

"M-Meat-eating?" Fluttershy whimpered. Twilight was struggling to keep the shield from collapsing.

"I don't know how long I can hold this." Twilight grunted.

"You won't have to." Rainbow exclaimed, stretching her wings before zooming out of the shield.

"Wait, Rainbow!" Twilight exclaimed.

"There she goes again." Applejack said, rolling her eyes.

Rainbow flew towards the Carnotaurus and punched it straight on its snout. The carnivore roared in pain and snapped at the pegasus, but Rainbow was too quick. Rainbow went in for a second punch, this time aiming for its ribs. She took a third strike, a fourth, a fifth but the Carnotaurus was slowly starting to catch on. When Rainbow went in for another strike, aiming for thelegs, the Carnotaurus caught Rainbow by the tail. It tossed Rainbow up into the air and opened its mouth wide to swallow the pegasus whole.

But before Rainbow even landed in the dinosaur's jaws, a lasso yanked her away. Feeling nothing in its jaws, the Carnotaurus looked down and saw all of the Mane 6 holding defensive stances. "Alright, so I guess scaley here is tougher than he looks." Rainbow said, crossing her hooves.

"Uh-huh. And?" Applejack said, raising an eyebrow.

"Thanks, AJ." Rainbow sighed. The Carnotaurus roared at the ponies immediately snapping everybody back into focus.

"Heh, why don't you and I take this guy, AJ." Rainbow said, smirking.

"I thought you'd never ask." Applejack said, nodding her head. The two ponies charged at the Carnotaurus, the rest of their friend close behind. The Carnotaurus roared and stomped towards them. It tried to chomp on Applejack, but the mare was able to quickly slide underneath the dinosaur.

Confused, the Carnotaurus looked up but was promptly hit straight in the head by Rainbow Dash.

"Over here, scaley!" Rainbow taunted. The dinosaur roared and tried snapping at Rainbow but she was too far up. Suddenly a lasso landed on one of the Carnotaurus' horns causing it to be yanked over to the right.

"No! Over here, ya overgrown varmint!" Applejack yelled. Despite Applejack's small size compared to the Carnotaurus, she was still able to keep a hold of the large dinosaur. As the Carnotaurus turned to Applejack, he was suddenly struck in the back by a magic beam coming from Twilight Sparkle's horn. It tried to chomp at Twilight, but was struck again by a beam, this time near his stomach.

"Get away from her, you brute!" Rarity shouted, shooting another blast at the Carnotaurus' head to get its attention. The Carnotaurus roared and charged at Rarity. Before the dinosaur reached her, Pinkie popped out of nowhere wearing a bull figher outfit and a red cloth. The Carnotaurus stopped immediately, almost hypnotized by the red fabric. He immediately switched his attention to Pinkies and charged right at her.

"Toro! Toro!" Pinkie taunted. This just angered the Carnotaurus even more, its head literally turning red with anger. Just as the Carnotaurus was about to charge into her, Pinkie calmly slid to the right while the Carnotaurus continued charging right into a tree. As the Carnotaurus got his horns out of the trunk of the tree, he could've sworn he saw little pterosaurs flying in circles around his head. He immediately shook his head and turned to see the Mane 6 once again taking their defensive stances. The Carnotaurus turned to look at them and snarled.

"Way to go, girls!" Junior exclaimed, before quickly covering his mouth by his paws. The ponies and the Carnotaurus turned to look at the young Edmontosaurus. The Carnotaurus turned back to look at the ponies...before dashing towards Junior! If it wasn't able to eat these small, colorful mammals, then a young Edmontosaurus would have to do.

"Ahh! What do we do?!" Pinkie exclaimed. Suddenly, Fluttershy put on a determined face and soared through the air, trying to get to Junior before the Carnotaurus. As the Carnotaurus was about reach Junior, Fluttershy flew right between the Carnotaurus and Junior.

The Carnotaurus roared furiously and tried to chomp at Fluttershy but the pegasus was quick.

"ENOUGH!" Fluttershy shouted, unleashing her ultimate power: The Stare!

The Carnotaurus growled at Fluttershy but soon felt paralysed by some sort of feeling. He felt ashamed. The Carnotaurus tried to look the other way but all this did was intensify the Stare.

"How dare you attack this poor, young, defenseless animal. You should feel ashamed of yourself." Fluttershy stated, never taking her eyes off the Carnotaurus.

"I wouldn't exactly say I'm "defenseless" Junior said, only to earn a look from Fluttershy that said, "Now is not the time." The Edmontosaurus quickly went back to being silent with an embarrassed smile on his face.

Unfortunately, all the noise had attracted a rather hungry visitor. A huge snout popped out of the water followed by a pair of eyes. Suddenly Fluttershy saw the mysterious creature striding through the water. The distraction caused her stare to wear off on the Carnotaurus and it went back into aggressive mode.

"Miss Fluttershy, watch out!" Junior shouted from the ground. Fluttershy looked back just in time to see the Carnotaurus about to bite down on her. She was narrowly able to avoid the dino's jaws and landed on the ground next to Junior.

"Get behind me, Junior!" Fluttershy said, covering the Edmontosaurus with her wings. The Carnotaurus stomped towards, jaws open wide, while Fluttershy held her little dinosaur friend tightly. In what appeared to be his final moments, Junior wished he had been able to say goodbye to his mother one last time.

Just as the Carnotaurus lunged at the two, out from the water lunged a large, prehistoric alligator called Deinosuchus. The crocodilian chomped down on the Carnotaurus' neck with so much force that it was able to pull it to the ground. As Fluttershy and Junior opened their eyes, the Carnotaurus thrashed around to get out of the Deinosuchus' jaws but the alligator had a firm grip on its neck. The Deinosuchus forcibly pulled the Carnotaurus to the left. Then, with all its strength, tore the head of the Carnotaurus straight off and swallowed it whole.

The ponies and Edmontosaurus stood there in silence, shocked at what just happened. Until, Rainbow said out loud the one thing that going through all their heads right now.

"What the actual f-