• Published 1st Aug 2023
  • 745 Views, 15 Comments

Prehistoric Equestria - Dinosaur12



What will happen when dinosaurs and ponies interact with each other?

  • ...
1
 15
 745

A New Day, A New Danger: Part 2

The Utahraptors snarled at Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. The two mares were slowly backing away as the pack got closer and closer.
Suddenly, the leader of the Utahraptor pack, called Regina by her packmates, lunged at them. But, when the dust cleared from the attack,
she saw the ponies were gone. When the pack looked up, they were shocked to find the mares floating in the air like the native pterosaurs. Rainbow was struggling to hold Pinkie up while the party pony jumped up and down like a child.

"Pinkie! Stop tugging on my hooves or you're gonna tear them off!" Rainbow shouted.

"Oops, sorry!" Pinkie said, nervously chuckling.

The Utahraptors were shaken out of their daze and snarled at the ponies. The leader of the pack jumped up and snapped at Pinkie Pie's hooves.

"Yikes! Get us out of here, Rainbow!" Pinkie said, jumping and clinging to Rainbow's chest.

"On it!" Rainbow said, her body straining from Pinkie's weight.

Rainbow zoomed away at high speeds, leaving the Utahraptor pack in the dust, literally. Regina snarled and called her pack to follow them.


The pair continued flying until they finally saw the rest of their friends in the distance. The two crashed into the dirt causing the rest if the Mane 6 to come to their aid.

"Oh, dear! Rainbow, Pinkie, what happened to you both?!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Eggs..feathery lizards...coming for us!" Rainbow panted.

"Slow down, RD! You're not making any sense." Applejack said, shaking Rainbow by her shoulders.

"We need to get out of here now!" Pinkie yelled, pushing Rainbow out of the way.

"Wait, wha-Pinkie, what exactly do you mean?" Applejack asked. Suddenly, in the far distance, something was quickly approaching. More accurately, a whole pack of something. The Utahraptor pack were speeding towards the ponies, their teeth laid bare.

"Oh, that's why." Applejack replied.

"W-What are they?" Fluttershy asked, trembling with fear.

"Utahraptors. It looks like they made the nesting site their hunting ground." Twilight said. "Everypony, split up!"

With that the command, everyone scattered into the forest. The Utahraptors followed right behind them.

Rarity used her magic to teleport herself up into a tree. When she looked to the left, she saw Applejack and Pinkie hiding in the other tree.

"Hi, Rarity!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Pinkie!" Applejack exclaimed, raising her hoof to her mouth.

Pinkie literally zipped her mouth close with a zipper and nodded her head, knowingly. On the ground, the mares spotted two Utahraptors, Blue and another called Ripper. The two raptors communicated with each other using certain growls and grunts before darting off into the forest.

The ponies breathed a sigh of relief, seeing the predators dart off.

Twilight galloped past bushes and shrubs until she approached a clearing. She slowed down to catch her breath until she heard something running towards her. She ducked just in time to avoid the sharp claws of one of the Utahraptors, this one named Blaze.

She had a mix of emotions going through her at that moment: fear and fascination. She was afraid because, you know, this thing was going trying to kill her and her friends but she was also fascinated by the Utahraptor's distinct yellow-and-black pattern.

This was definitely something she'd have to record in her journal later on. If she were to survive of course.

Blaze leaned back and pounced at Twilight but the alicorn was able to shoot a magic beam at the raptor, sending it flying into the bushes. Before Blaze could get back up again, a voice called to her from the top of the tree.

Twilight instantly recognized the voice as that of Rainbow Dash. "Psst! Twilight! Hide up here!" Rainbow Dash whispered quietly, but loud enough for the alicorn to hear. Twilight spread her wings and flew into the forest's canopy to hide with her friend. As the raptor finally got back up, the two mares were shocked to discover that the raptor was now speaking.

"By Faust's name, what the devil is going on now?" Blaze asked. Suddenly, he covered his mouth in shock. "Sweet biscuits! I'm talking! What is this witchcraft?!"

The two mares continued to stare as the raptor's ranting, prompting Rainbow to giggle at the creature's accent.

Blaze sniffed for the ponies' scent but found nothing and sped away.

"Twilight, I know this kinda sounds like a bad question to ask right now but how come some of these dinosaurs can talk now?" Rainbow asked. "I mean one minute, that Utahraptor was snarling and growling at us but now he's speaking like one of those rich ponies from Canterlot."

Twilight tapped her chin before she replied. "I don't know for sure but I do have a theory. These dinosaurs come from an Equus predating magic and harmony. Perhaps, now that there's a huge hole in this "lost world", Equestrian magic is seeping through and causing huge changes to these dinosaurs' biology." Twilight explained.

"Yeah, definitely seems like the type of egghead theory you'd come up with." Rainbow said, amusingly.

Twilight just stared at her pegasus friend with a deadpanned look.


Fluttershy and Junior hid behind a fallen tree , trying to keep as quiet as possible. Outside of their hiding spot, a hungry Regina was sniffing the air. She had tracked down the scent of two creatures nearby and was trying to track it down.

Fluttershy made a "shush" sign to Junior before she took a peek behind the tree. She sneakily looked around for the raptor but she wasn't there. She sighed in relief and crawled back to Junior. "No one's there anymore. We're safe, Junior." Fluttershy said.

The two sighed in relief again until something splashed on the ground. When the two looked down, they saw a tiny puddle of water had formed on the ground. Though it didn't look like water, more like...saliva.

Suddenly, another drop of saliva fell on the ground. Then another. Another. And another.

Fluttershy and Junior looked at each other nervously and slowly turned their heads upwards. As they looked up, they weren't met with the forest's canopy but instead the snarling, saliva-drenched mouth of Regina the Utahraptor.

"Run?" Junior asked.

"Run." Fluttershy replied, looking at Junior.

The two jumped out of the way and started to run just as Regina leaped down and screeched at the pair.

As the pair ran through the forest, they could hear the raptors calling out to each other in the distance.

The two finally stopped to catch their breath. "Where are they?" Junior said looking around.

"Just stay close, Junior. We'll be al-What are you looking at?" Fluttershy said. Junior, trembling like there was an earthquake, slowly pointed to the bushes. Confused, Fluttershy turned around and was met face to face with the snarling snout of Blaze the Utahraptor. The raptor immediately pounced onto the yellow pegasus, their claws digging into Fluttershy's flesh. The pegasus winced in pain but the Utahraptor didn't let up. Before it could harm her any further, Junior knocked Blaze away with a smack of his tail.

"Get off her!" Junior growled. He helped Fluttershy back and she gave him a thankful nod.

"Thank you, Junior. Now, let's get out of here." Fluttershy said. Junior nodded and the two were about to move on when suddenly, Regina came rushing out of the bushes. They tried to go another way but the other pack members joined Regina and cornered the pair. Blaze, who was getting back up, growled at the two.

"Sorry, but there's no getting out of this one, you ruffians!" Blaze said, pulling out a monocle from out of nowhere. The raptors snarled at the pair, back them against a huge stone wall.

"I don't think we'll be getting out of this one, Junior. I'm just sorry we weren't able to reunite you with your mother like we promised." Fluttershy said, looking at the Edmontosaurus.

"It's alright, at least you tried which is way more than most other dinosaurs or creatures would do." Junior said, smiling at Fluttershy. "Thanks, anyway."

The two smiled at each other but were interrupted when one of the Utahraptors, Blue, pounced up, ready to tear the pair apart. Fluttershy and Junior braced for the impact...but felt nothing. When they opened their eyes, they stood in shock at the sight before them. Blue had been knocked to the ground and standing between them and the raptors was a fully-grown Edmontosaurus.

"Don't you dare lay a claw on my baby!"

Junior instantly recognized that voice. "Mom?"

Author's Note:

Sooooo...hey everybody. I know it's been a while since I've updated this story and I'm really sorry. There's a lot of stuff that's been going on in my life, mostly school stuff and my new story about FNAF. Anyway, just want you to know that this story will continue to be updated but the time between uploads might be a bit iffy. Again, really sorry about the long amount of time.