• Published 9th Jun 2023
  • 1,040 Views, 56 Comments

The Cozy Glow Saga - Failwhale34



Cozy Glow escapes from Tartarus. The Main 6, Starlight, Spike are sent to apprehend her, but recent events cause them to question if there is still good in Cozy Glow.

  • ...
4
 56
 1,040

Issue #5: A Crusading Escape

The scene of a shocked Cozy Glow encountering the Cutie Mark Crusaders morphed into that of a comic book panel at the end of the issue before it was closed.

A moment later, another comic book was haphazardly slammed on top of the previous Cozy Glow comic.

The Cozy Glow Saga Issue #5: A Crusading Escape

On the cover, it showed Cozy Glow flying away from the pursuing Cutie Mark Crusaders and the citizens of Ponyville.


If there was a time Cozy Glow didn't want to be her, now would probably be the time. Throughout her young life, she had always prided herself in staying three steps ahead of others and always getting what she wanted. Lately, that hadn't been the case as not only was she now being hunted by Celestia's Royal Guards but also Twilight Sparkle and her friends. Cozy knew she would eventually be pursued but not that soon.

Maybe she had gotten rusty due to her imprisonment or she had just been laser focused on escaping and getting her stash. Either way, none of that mattered right now mainly due to the intense stare down between herself...and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

'Why did it have to be them of all ponies?' Cozy mentally groaned as she closed her eyes in frustration. She had successfully gotten her stash but her plan of doing it unseen had pretty much gone up in smoke, much to her shock and dismay.

The Crusaders were equally shocked as well as it was clearly visible on their faces. Cozy's escape from Tartarus had made headlines across Equestria so it wouldn't have been any surprise that the citizens of Ponyville would be notified about her as well. But they didn't think they would find her here. Due to her disheveled state, they almost hadn't recognized her.

"So ya really did escape!" Apple Bloom finally spoke, breaking the intense silence.

"You're right about that." Cozy retorted firmly. "I'll admit it was pretty hard, but it was worth it. I'm out and I'm never going back."

"Well, that depends on if you learned your lesson." Sweetie Belle said, pointing a hoof at her.

"And if you're sorry for what you did last year," added Scootaloo.

Cozy scoffed. "And if I don't?"

"Then we'll have to report ya ta Princess Twilight!" Apple Bloom said firmly. Cozy's expression turned sour as she stared the Crusaders down for what felt like hours before finally responding.

"Go ahead, do it," Cozy growled. "But there's just one problem though."

"Which is?" Scootaloo questioned skeptically.

"By the time you tell Twilight about me... I'LL BE LONG GONE!" Cozy yelled as she quickly soared above the heads of the Crusaders, much to their surprise. There was no way she was gonna sit here and wait for Twilight and her friends to catch her.

She had to get out of here now.

"COZY STOP!" Yelled Sweetie Belle as the three fillies soon chased after Cozy. The chase was on, much to Cozy's dismay. This was the last thing that she needed right now. But she couldn't remain in Ponyville, that was a certainty.

Which was why she was galloping away as fast as she could, with her red backpack still slung over her shoulders, leaving behind the School and Castle Of Friendship. And back into the town of Ponyville. Maybe if she could lose them through the ponies going about their day.

"Somepony stop her, that's Cozy Glow!" Apple Bloom yelled as everypony immediately stopped what they were doing and turned their attention towards her. A large crowd gathered in front of her as they eyed her suspiciously. Cozy could hear all of their murmuring voices.

"Is that really her?"

"Those stories of her escape are true!"

"We should call the Princesses!"

"She tried to steal all of the magic in Equestria!"

"She manipulated all of us!"

"Let's keep her here until the Princess Twilight gets back!"

Ok, Cozy definitely heard that last one and that was a definite no-no. Her path was blocked and she was gonna have to give these idiots a distraction.

"Hey look, Princess Celestia's here!" Cozy suddenly pointed a hoof to the sky as everypony looked up to see but found there was no Celestia at all. They quickly redirected their attention back to Cozy...only to find that she wasn't there.

"SUCKERS!" Cozy laughed as she was already soaring away from them. It wouldn't last as the crowd began galloping after her. 'Well, horseapples!'

"Jeez!" Cozy yelled as she dodged a tomato in mid-flight before dodging several more objects that were coming her way. She looked back to see the crowd and could see the angry morons were still in hot pursuit. "Hey, watch it, I'm flying here! I mean, come on! Aren't these odds a bit overkill!?"

"Then stop running!" A voice from behind her shouted.

"Then stop chasing me!" Cozy fired back, not bothering to acknowledge who said that to her. At this point, the chase had gone through the town and past Town Hall which meant the train station was coming up fast. 'But I gotta lose these idiots!'

The train station drew nearer and nearer, which meant Cozy had to act fast. Her gaze suddenly landed on a lone carriage that was filled with a big supply of gems. They were recently acquired by Rarity, who planned to use them for her dresses. Though that wouldn't be happening because Cozy took off her backpack and opened it up to take out the lasso she had taken earlier from Big Mac and twirled it around to launch it around one of the wheels of the carriage.

With her quick thinking, she raced past the carriage and used all of her might to pull wheel with a resounding snap. With one of its wheels missing, the carriage tipped over onto the ground, spilling its gems everywhere. It was a huge mess that caused blocked the crowds path.

They wouldn't be getting past that roadblock anytime soon. Cozy breathed a sigh of relief and satisfaction. Her adrenaline was running high. She was safe. She had once again prevailed against the odds that were stacked in front of her.

TWEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!

'And that would be my que to leave' Cozy thought as she flew over to the caboose of the train. She softly landed inside as took one last look at the town of Ponyville. 'See ya Ponyville. It's been a blast.'

Her thoughts of everything that had came her way blurred as the train left the station. She had no idea where the next stop would be but it didn't matter.

No matter what odds came her way, she would overcome them. She had to.

As always, Cozy Glow would survive and prevail.

Author's Note:

Sorry if this is rushed.

Comments ( 15 )

Is she really escaped? Cuz she is relaxed too soon)

Also nice to see you back with the chapter, the best cozy story in a while, in my opinion of course

Honestly, I was kind of expecting more from Cozy's run in with The Crusaders. Still, it's nice to see more from this story.

I hope author doesnt leave this fic...

Sad ending

11747231
Been busy with life and college. Hopefully I can get back to it when I’m on break.

11747645
Omg you answer i thought you just forget about the fic, its okey i ll wait for as lost as it takes, i just really liked ur story...

Comment posted by caporal deleted Nov 19th, 2023

this story is super cool hope you continue it :)

Some day

11806929
Really sorry, personal life can really get in the way sometimes and I've reached a bit of a writer's block. Please understand that this is merely a hobby of mine, not a full-time thing.

11823239
That totally understandable, but its really hard for me to find a cozy story that i like, i hope you dont leave it. Where are so little of this stories that i even search stories in spanish and my own language, and i got like 7 works (with yours eight ) that i really enjoy, maybe i am just too picky, and because of that i am so impatient about your story...

Login or register to comment