• Published 26th Apr 2023
  • 390 Views, 4 Comments

Rainbow Dash's Nightmare Jar - SparkapocalypseVanguard



Rainbow Dash has a nightmare. Can Twilight Sparkle help?

  • ...
7
 4
 390

And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it.

Rainbow Dash was exhausted after a long day of flying and adventure, and she collapsed onto her cloud bed. As she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, she found herself in a strange and terrifying nightmare.

In the dream, she was trapped in a giant jar, filled with a thick white liquid that she couldn't see through. She felt completely paralyzed, unable to move or even scream for help. She could only watch as the liquid slowly rose higher and higher, threatening to suffocate her.

As the liquid reached her mouth and nose, she struggled to breathe, but she was unable to move her limbs to push herself to the surface. Panic set in as she realized she was going to drown in this liquid.

Rainbow Dash could hear a faint whispering coming from outside of the jar, but it was too quiet to make out what was being said. The more she strained to listen, the more the liquid filled her ears, making it impossible to hear anything.

She tried to focus on her breathing, but the liquid continued to fill her lungs, making it harder and harder to take in air. Just when she thought she couldn't hold her breath any longer, the liquid began to recede.

Rainbow Dash gasped for air as the white liquid drained away, leaving her gasping and shaking with fear. As she looked around, she realized that she was not alone. There were shadowy figures surrounding her, whispering in a language she couldn't understand.

She tried to move, but her limbs felt heavy and unresponsive, as if they were weighed down by an invisible force. The figures drew closer and closer, their whispered voices growing louder and more menacing.

Rainbow Dash woke up screaming, her heart pounding with terror. She was relieved to find herself in her own bed, safe and sound, but the memory of the nightmare lingered on. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching her from the shadows, waiting for her to fall asleep again...

She leapt out of bed, shivering and gasping for breath. She grabbed a hoof full of the raincloud material her home was made from and shoved it into her face, squeezing it like a sponge to get the cool liquid to soak her face. The nightmare had been so vivid that it felt as if she were still trapped in that jar, drowning in the disgustingly thick white liquid. She knew it was all nonsense. She knew it was just a dream. She just had to get clean.

Suddenly, there was a gentle knock at her door, and Twilight Sparkle entered the room. She had sensed that something was wrong and had come to check on her friend.

"Rainbow Dash, are you okay?" Twilight asked, concern etched on her face.

Rainbow Dash couldn't speak, but she nodded her head, indicating that she was all right. Twilight sat down on the edge of the bed and put a comforting hoof on Rainbow's shoulder.

"It's okay to be scared," she said softly. "Nightmares can be very powerful, but they're not real. You're safe here with me."

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. She knew that Twilight was right, but the memory of the nightmare was still too fresh in her mind.

Twilight stayed with her for a while, chatting about mundane things like the weather and upcoming events. Slowly but surely, Rainbow Dash started to feel more like herself again. She even managed a small smile when Twilight made a joke about Pinkie Pie's latest baking experiment.

Before she left, Twilight gave Rainbow Dash a comforting hug. "Remember, I'm here for you if you ever need me," she said.

Rainbow Dash felt grateful to have such a good friend. She knew that she could always count on Twilight to be there for her, no matter what. As she drifted off to sleep, she felt a sense of peace and safety, knowing that she wasn't alone.

The next night, Rainbow Dash had the same nightmare about the jar, except Twilight drowned beside her first, dragged into the sticky fluid while Rainbow thrashed and screamed, until exhaustion pulled her under and flooded her lungs with the most disgusting taste imaginable. She woke up screaming and thrashing around, sweating profusely. This time, she had woken Twilight up, who came rushing into the room, looking worried.

"Rainbow, what's wrong?" Twilight asked urgently.

Rainbow Dash took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. "It's the nightmare again," she said, her voice shaking. "I can't shake it off. I'm so useless!"

Twilight sat down on the bed next to her and put a hoof on her flank. "You don't have to face this alone," she smiled reassuringly. "If something is on your mind, it might help to talk about it."

Rainbow Dash hesitated for a moment, but then decided to confide in her friend. "I feel trapped," she admitted. "I love flying more than anything, but lately, I've been feeling burned out. It's like I'm stuck in a jar, and I can't escape the pressure to always be the best and push myself harder. The pressure just keeps rising and rising within me, threatening to drown me and everything else I love."

Twilight listened attentively, nodding in understanding. "It's okay to feel overwhelmed," she said. "You're not alone in this, and there's nothing wrong with taking a break and re-evaluating your goals."

Rainbow Dash looked at Twilight with gratitude. She knew that she had been bottling up her feelings for too long, and it felt good to finally have someone to talk to about them. "Thank you for being here for me," she said, her voice quivering. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Twilight smiled gently. "That's what friends are for," she said. "We're in this together, and I'm here to support you no matter what."

With Twilight's support, Rainbow Dash slowly but surely started to feel better. She took some time off from flying to focus on other things she enjoyed, like spending time with her friends and trying new activities. Over time, she began to feel less trapped and more free to explore different paths and interests.

Though she still had nightmares about the jar from time to time, Rainbow Dash knew that she had the strength and support to overcome any challenge that came her way. And with Twilight by her side, she felt like anything was possible.

The next day, Twilight Sparkle met with Rainbow Dash to discuss how she could help her with her burnout. They met at a local cafe, and Twilight ordered some tea and pastries for them to share.

"Rainbow, I've been thinking about what you said last night," Twilight said as they sat down. "And I think it's important for you to take some time to recharge and refocus."

Rainbow Dash nodded, looking grateful. "I know, but it's hard to step back from flying. It's been such a big part of my life for so long."

Twilight reached across the table and took Rainbow's hoof. "I understand how you feel, but you need to take care of yourself too. Maybe there are some other things you could try that would help you feel more balanced?"

Rainbow thought about it for a moment. "Well, I used to love playing pranks with Pinkie Pie. Maybe I could try doing that again."

Twilight smiled. "That's a great idea! And what about spending more time with your other friends? Maybe trying some new hobbies or activities?"

Rainbow nodded thoughtfully. "Yeah, I could give that a shot. It might be fun to try something new."

Twilight leaned back in her chair, sipping her tea. "Just remember, Rainbow, it's okay to take a break and try something new. You don't always have to be the fastest, the strongest, or the best."

Rainbow smiled. "Thanks, Twilight. You always know just what to say."

Together, they spent the rest of the afternoon brainstorming ideas for new activities and hobbies that Rainbow could try. By the end of their meeting, Rainbow felt more energized and excited about the future than she had in a long time.

With Twilight's guidance and support, she knew that she could overcome her burnout and rediscover the joy of flying and life in general.

A few days later, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash decided to try out some of the new activities they had discussed. They started with something simple, going for a walk in the park.

The walk was pleasant, but it didn't quite hit the spot for Rainbow. She felt restless and unsatisfied, as if something was missing. Twilight noticed her friend's mood and suggested they try something else.

The next activity they tried was painting. Rainbow had never been much of an artist, but she was willing to give it a shot. They set up a canvas and some paints in Twilight's studio and got to work.

At first, Rainbow struggled to get the paint to do what she wanted. She made several mistakes and grew increasingly frustrated. Twilight noticed her friend's struggle and tried to encourage her, reminding her that mistakes were a natural part of the creative process.

Despite the rocky start, Rainbow eventually got into the groove and started to enjoy herself. She experimented with different colors and brush strokes, creating a beautiful abstract painting that surprised even herself.

As they cleaned up the studio, Twilight asked Rainbow how she felt. Rainbow grinned and admitted that, despite the rough start, she had actually enjoyed the painting. It had been a nice change of pace from her usual high-intensity activities.

Inspired by their success with painting, the two friends decided to try one more activity before calling it a day. This time, they went to a local pottery studio to try their hand at making clay pots.

The pottery studio was bustling with activity, and Rainbow was a little intimidated by the other skilled artists around them. But with Twilight's encouragement, she got started on her own pot.

As she worked the clay, she felt a sense of calm wash over her. It was a slow and meditative process, and she found herself completely absorbed in it. By the time they were finished, she had made a beautiful little vase that she was proud of.

As they left the pottery studio, Rainbow beamed with happiness. She had discovered a new hobby that she truly enjoyed, and she felt grateful to Twilight for helping her explore new things.

Over the next few weeks, Rainbow tried out several more hobbies and activities, some of which she enjoyed more than others. But with Twilight's support, she felt more free to explore and try new things, and she started to feel like she had more balance in her life.

She still loved flying, of course, but she realized that there was more to life than just that one thing. With Twilight by her side, she was excited to see where her new hobbies and interests would take her.

Comments ( 4 )

Dose she know :unsuresweetie:

Awww
Nice ending
Turning a meme into a motivational thing
I love it

There is a review here.

Login or register to comment