• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 2,610 Views, 64 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams (Old Version) - Sea Pony



Death a word that don't signify end but a new begining follow Dream as he try to reach his dreams and how he learn that even in a magical world, reality can be hard

  • ...
 64
 2,610

PreviousChapters Next
The Bet (Edited)

A few months have passed since my time travel adventure. Epona and Celestia have done a lot of things together to make up for the lost time. I sometime could feel the strange magic I had use against the lizard inside of me. But I still can't get a grasp on it. It seem it only really show up when somepony is in danger. Fortunately I had no need to protect anypony.

It feel like things are calmer now. I would have said normal but I'm not sure the term apply anymore. I'm in a land of magical talking ponies. Normal was thrown out of the window the second I came here, not that I regret it.

As for Sonata after he reincarnated he began to participate in concerts all around Equestria. We didn't have any news of that lizard mercenary that tried to steal the amulet. But we found that he was called Ralf. To be honest I expected a more foreign sounding name with a weird creature like that. He is a professional at stealing valuable objects, but he is also known for his less than subtle methods.

I have met The Doctor one day when he was visiting Pinkie Pie. I approached the stallion and said ''Hey hello Doctor what are you doing today?''

''I'm not doing much at the moment. I'm taking a day off even a Time Lord need to rest sometime I can't run away every days.''

''Must be lonely travelling time and space alone.'' I said with a concerned frown.

''Ah it's not so bad Dream. Pinkie Pie and other ponies come on me sometimes in my TARDIS speaking of that, do you want to come to my next journey I'm planning to see Equestria in the Discordian era.'' He said excitedly.

''No thanks I had enough time travel for a while.'' He smirked at me.

''So I heard I'm not one for violence but you did a good job in that civil war.'' The Doctor disliked weapons with a passion. I don't know how but he was always able to save the day with only a sonic screwdriver and his mind. I wasn't inteligent enough to do something like that.

''...Well goodbye Doctor I have things to do see you next time.'' With that I walked out of the shop.

Dave had came back from his mission and now he came visit on occasions when he is not too busy. Brew and Twilight relationship was becoming a little more serious each days. For me and Fluttershy too but she is too reserved and shy to pass at the second level of our relationship. But I don't really care that much. I'm not with her for physical pleasure, as cheesy as it’s sound, I don't really care if we never do it as long as I'm with her.

The issue will be spring when the estrus cycle begin. If we didn't passed this step before then I will have to do everything to not be close of Fluttershy during that time. Doing it the first time while she's in heat would be no different than doing it while she was drunk.

But that a issue for the future. Today it’s was the running of the leaves. I decided to participate in it because honestly I had nothing better to do. Me and Mark had made a bet. If he lose he has to dye his coat pink and try to ask mares on a date for a day. If I lose I will have to change myself in a colt for two days and go to school with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Rainbow, Applejack and Twilight will participate again this year and Fluttershy said she was going to cheer for me.

For now I was busy working in Fluttershy's cottage I was feeding all the animals I had work with Fluttershy for the last two months that I was here. This is not the best pay I could have but I was happy of my job. I always liked animals and I like Fluttershy this is the perfect job for me.

''Dream! The race will begin in twenty minutes you should go!'' Soft Paw exclaimed with a annoyed expression. I got the impression she didn't care about the race and just wanted me out of the way so she could sleep in peace.

''But my job is not finish yet.'' I replied

''Don’t worry I can do it.''

I stared at her incredulously. ''A animal that take care of other animals.''

''And what make you less of a animal than me? And don't say because you used to be human they are even more animalistic than ponies.''

I scrunched my nose. ''What that suppose to mean?''

''To me the more control a race has over nature the less animalistic they are, the differences between animals and sapient creatures apart from their inteligences is the ability to use nature at their advantage instead of being controled by it. Humans have fought nature since day one but as soon as nature fight back they are completely powerless. Ponies don't fight nature they arleady have complete control over it. Not only that but they don't use that amount of power for their gains. Nature in Equestria live in perfect harmony with all the living creatures something that no other mortal races has accomplish.'' Why did she looked so proud of ponies? Oh right her former master was one.

I open my mouth to protest but found no arguments. ''You could have just said you could do it.'' I grumbled and left the cottage.

- - - - -

''Welcome to the annual running of the leaves! This year Rainbow Dash and Applejack are yet again the center of the attention but we also have two new promising competitors, Dream and Mark! Who have made a bet on who will win the race. Weee! This will be so fun!'' Pinkie Pie exclaimed excitedly from her hot air balloon.

''A bet why did ah not think of that yet?'' Applejack asked to herself.

''Maybe because you know you will lost.'' Dash responded with a smug smile. Twilight rolled her eyes at her.

''Calm down girls we don’t want to repeat the last Running of The Leaves are we?'' Twilight asked with a dangerous tone.

''Ah come on Twilight don’t be a stick in the mud.'' Dash replied.

''So Dream what will happen if you or Mark lose in this bet?'' Twilight asked me, so I told them what the bet was. Dash put a hoof on her mouth.

''PFFFAHAHAHA! Mark in pink or you in school as a colt? I need to see this!'' The other girls were trying to not laugh too. Me and Mark roll our eyes at them. They stopped laughing when the voice of Spike was heard in overhead.

''Ready…set…GO!'' We all began to run as soon as the signal was given. From my right I heard a quiet ‘yay’ it was barely a whisper I look in the crowd and saw Fluttershy trying to cheer me, D'awww.

I turned around to focus on the race but was met with a branch hitting my face. In my dazed state I heard Mark snickering. The cheating bastard! He want to play at this? Let's see if he like this!

I began to run as fast as I could. In the distance I saw buckets of maple syrup and I took one of them in my mouth. I grinned evilly at what I was going to do. I threw the bucket in the air and it landed directly on Mark's head. He couldn't see where he was going and he had maple syrup all over his coat. He grunted in pain as he slammed into a three and fell on the ground.

I just ran and without looking back almost certain about my victory in the race. But then I heard Mark behind me. ''Motherbucker! You will pay for this!'' I only snickered at the threat.

Dash and AJ was side to side running as fast as they could. Look like they decided to play fair this year, boring. Twilight for her part was just walking like the other year admiring the scenery as all the other ponies ran for victory.

Mark threw the bucket away. When his vision cleared he saw a mare, he smirked. ''Hey baby you and me in bed tonight.'' In response the mare slapped him and he was sent flying in my way. What the fuck! How is this possible we are not in a cartoon!... oh wait we are.

Fortunately I was able to escape being hit by him. Mark was on the ground rubbing the red mark of a hoof on his cheek. But he quickly got his act together and ran like his tail was on fire. ''I will see you at the finish line!'' He taunted leaving me behind his wake. There is no way I'm letting him win! I looked around and saw Pinkie in her balloon I came up with a idea and I smirked.

''Hey Pinkie Pie!'' I screamed at her.

''Yes Dreamy?'' She replied with her usual cheerful voice.

''Did you know that there's free candy at the finish line for everypony who ran?'' Her eyes became wide. Immediately she jumped out of her balloon and ran like a madmare. But before she could get away I grabbed her tail. She then ran fast, so fast I was wondering if I would be witness to the first earth pony who did a sonic boom. I wasn't able to hold on for long I let go and noticed I had catch up with Mark.

''You will be pink at the end of this day Mark!'' I said with a challenging glare.

He grinned in response and said ''Nah I'm sure the crusaders will love their new classmate.'' We sprint side by side and we finally saw the finish line. We were almost there! I noticed that Mark was taking advantage I grab his tail and threw him behind me. But before I could reach the line he threw a rock at me and I fell on the ground.

I rose from the ground quickly and we were side by side once again. We then reached the finish line and I saw the flash of a camera when we reached it. ''Congratulation! you reach the third and fourth place!'' Spike exclaimed.

''Who won?!'' I asked trying to reach my breath.

''Ehh wait a minute'' He then pick a picture who was in a camera and show us. ''Look like the winner is Mark!''

''YES!'' He screamed in joy and I fell on the ground depressed that I lost to the biggest pervert of Ponyville. The other four girls approached us they were all smiling except Pinkie Pie. Uh oh

''You lied to me! You're a meany pants there are no candy!'' Her mane seemed to deflate a little.

''Don't worry I will buy you some I promise.'' I smiled nervousely, I really don't need Pinkie turning psycho on me.

''Yay! You're the best Dreamy!'' The pink mare cheered.

''So girls what place have you won?'' Mark asked them.

''Oh, I won the second place this year.'' Twilight stated proudly.

''Ah won the first place.'' Applejack said with a proud smile.

''I Won the fifth place'' Said an angry Dash.

''Aww don't worry Dashie you can't always be the best.'' Said Pinkie.

''So you lost our bet Dream'' Mark smirked smugly. ''I think Cherilee will like to have a new student.''

''FUUUUUUUUU-''

- - - - - -

''Oh my gosh Dream you are so adorable!'' I blushed in embarrassment as my fillyfriend tried hugged me to death. I still don't understand how burning a parchement changed my age but whatever it worked. Tomorrow I will have to go in school. Fuck why did I have to make that bet too? If there one thing I hated on Earth that still existed in Equestria it's school.

''I'm not adorable and we need to see Cherilee about all this. God this voice is annoying.'' I now had the high pitched voice of a colt and it’s was annoying as hay. Later that day we made our way to the schoolhouse.

When we arrived Cherilee was working on some paper. she heard us coming in, she lifted her head and saw me and Fluttershy. ''Oh hello miss Shy I didn't know you had a colt.'' Flutterhy blushed in embarassment when the teacher thought I was her son.

''He is not my colt, but I was wondering if he could be in your school for two days after that he will need return to his town.'' She had a nervous smile she didn't really like to lie.

Cheerilee looked suspicious. ''I know when somepony lie to me miss Shy please tell me the truth.'' The yellow pegasus sighed.

''This is my coltfriend and he lost a bet to Mark and now he have to go in school for two day we where wondering if he could come in your class... If you want to I mean.'' Cherille shooked her head and laugh.

''Well this is an unusual request but I don't have a problem with it you will begin tomorrow.'' Well fuck I had hope she would say no. Look like I have to do it, I will have to get revenge on Mark for this.

PreviousChapters Next