• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 2,610 Views, 64 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams (Old Version) - Sea Pony



Death a word that don't signify end but a new begining follow Dream as he try to reach his dreams and how he learn that even in a magical world, reality can be hard

  • ...
 64
 2,610

PreviousChapters Next
Ally or pet? (Edited)

``Are you sure you don’t want to come with us Medic kit?`` The griffin ask.

We were outside of the small house of the doctor there was a small garden the doctor give us some of the fruit and vegetable for our travel.

``Yes I’m sure Sonata we will meet each other again I’m sure, but for now I’m need here.`` He respond to is old friend. I know I’m not a expert in medicine but I don’t think some cut deep like that is suppose to heal that fast maybe the magic of this world make healing more quickly? Anyway back to the story.

Sonata hug the unicorn for a while and make their goodbye. He approach me and said ``Hop on.`` With a serious expression.

``What?`` I ask flatly.

``Climb on my back you don’t know to fly yet, so come on.`` He said getting impatient

``There no way in hell I’m riding a dude`` I said to him strange since I come here I have less and less the need to swear. He roll his eye

``Stop whining and climb we don’t have all day, well it’s your choice if you want to learn the basics to fly and wait here that the bandits are reborn and try to take revenge on you it’s your choice, but I suggest that you come withme to the next town is a city before they kick your ass.``

``How much time it take to someone to come back to life anyway?`` I asked

``Normally between three and seven days`` he respond

``Still, there no way I’m climbing on you can’t make me`` I said with a glare he look at me with a glare of his own.

- - - - -

Wind rush through my coat and mane I don’t want to admit it but the bundle of feather and fur I’m on is comfortable. ``How do you convince me to do this already?`` I asked the griffin.

``I hadto promise to forge you a badass armour for yourself`` He replied.

``Oh yeah that`` I said. I was gripping on his back for my dear life I don’t know how to fly and if I fall I will die I will ‘reborn’ like he say if that happen but that don’t mean that don’t will hurt like hell. He had is violin suitcase attached on his belly like that I can be on his back it is attach with his copper belt. We heard a snarl coming from the ground I look down to see a pack of wolf surrounding… Is this a cat with a freaking dagger in his mouth!? ``Hey look at this we must help him!`` I cried

``Oh come on we will not risk our live for a cat`` I shot dagger at him, he sigh

``Fine`` he lowered to the ground ``He said he was not a pony, but he act just like one of them`` he grumble under his breath.

When we touch the ground some of the wolf hear us and growl. I draw my sword and Sonata draw the bow of is violin what do he want to do with this? My question was answer when I click a small button on the bow and a blade shot out of it. ``Watch and learn Dream you will see what a real warior look like in a battle.`` I roll my eyes with a small smile.

The cat didn’t pay too much mind to us and jump on one the wolf and plant his dagger in his jugular the wolf fall on the ground in a small pool of blood. Only three wolf were left I charge at one of them I cut him on the belly he fall on the ground. But before I could achieve him I felt pain in the left back-leg. I turn around to see a wolf biting on it he was snarling at me.

``You need to think before to charge like this, retard!`` my ‘friend’ cried. Sonata then grab his violin and begin to play song the wolf who was biting me then look like he have seen a ghost and run away tail between his legs. He was not kidding when he said he could control emotion with his songs.

The cat approach the wolf who was on the ground and stab him right in the heart he whimpered a little before closing his eyes. I had to look away I love animals even if I have now to beat them to save people now I hate to see any living thing suffer.

But I was curious how do this cat is that intelligent? He look like a sentient being, because correct me if I’m wrong but I never saw a cat having skills with a dagger. Only one wolf was remaining on the battle ground he was snarling and I could see a little fear in his eyes.

Sonata ran at the last wolf but the creature jump on him he was going to tear away his throat, but Sonata was quick to react and impale the blade in his belly the wolf fall on the ground whimpering. Sonata, then achieve him with his blade . I was felling bad for hurting them at least they will reborn in a few days. I just hope they will not too much traumatised.

``Thank you for saving my life even if I could have handle it on my own.`` Said a feminine voice we turn around to see the cat. She had orange fur, black strips and green eyes.

What the fuck she talking! I know that in the show the cats don’t talk so why is she talking?!

``How the fuck can you talk?!`` My griffin friend ask and this confirm my suspicious.

``Oh this is a long story`` she began to purr. I got to admits for a cat her voice is hot. What? Don’t judge me.

``So what are doing there alone on the road by yourself?``

``I need to survive and find some food so I travel town to town to make the griffins and ponies of the other place forget me, because I’m stealing the food that I need because its not really easy for a cat like me to make bits.``

``I can imagine, but don’t you have someone to take care of you?``

She sigh ``Like I said it’s a long story.``

``We have time`` I said.

``No we don’t`` Sonata said I nudge him in the rib ``Ok fine`` he said with a sigh

- - - - -

*flashback*

20 years ago I was a normal cat like all the others. I was born in a cage I was not knowing what the word ‘freedom’ and ‘love’ mean but one day a young colt was in front of me a unicorn is cutie mark was a table of chess game with all the piece on it. Is name was Chess play.

This young pony adopted me and take care of me, he named me Soft paw he was loving me as a pet and I was loving him as a master and I never want to change that. But chess play was lonely he was a dork a bookworm who was a real genius at strategy and was also good at magic not the best but good nonetheless.

For a few months he tried to develop a spell who was concerning me I Didn’t know what is was but I was always trusting my master one night ge finally achieve it and test it on me.

After the spell was complete I had gain magical vocal chord and sentient through. He become famous for is new spell for a little while.

Unfortunately two years ago somepony paid a mercenary to broke in his house and capture his soul for the knowledge he had. I was left alone the only talking cat of this world since then I steal food and travel town to town the memory of the good old times are the only things that make me keep me going on.

- - - - -

Damn poor car I look a Sonata who was trying to hide that he had a tear in hi eyes look like he’s a big softie under his tuff appearance.

``You could come with is I always like cats and you’re cool`` she had a little light of hope in her eyes after I said this.

``A-are you sure? I can take care of myself you know`` she tried to act like she didn’t care but I could see that she don’t want to be left alone.

``Of course I’m sure I ask you didn’t I?`` She smile at me and began to nuzzle my legs.

``Eh, I don’t want to pop your bubble but we must go to Sky dive city and she can’t walk on cloud.`` He point his talon at her and she look sadly down on the ground.

``We are just going there for supplies she can wait on the ground and then we come back for her.`` She began to regain hope.

He groan ``Fine but you take care of her I don’t need a cat to ruin my life``

She jump on my back. ``Thank you, thank you, thank you!`` she cried like a 6 year old kid.

``So since you’re a cat and that you’re sentient should I treat you like a pet or a sort of or a friend in need?

``As long as you feed me I don’t care how you treat me`` A small smile crept on my face a cat is still a cat even with sentient troughs.

PreviousChapters Next