• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 2,610 Views, 64 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams (Old Version) - Sea Pony



Death a word that don't signify end but a new begining follow Dream as he try to reach his dreams and how he learn that even in a magical world, reality can be hard

  • ...
 64
 2,610

PreviousChapters Next
goodbye my friend

Scootaloo woke up at the sound of two mares arguing she didn’t know what they were arguing about and she didn’t care at the moment, because now she was occupied to panic. Where was she do the guards capture her and her friend? But she shook that idea when she realise her friend was beside her and that she was in a cottage and not a jail.

Then the voice stop follow by the sound of hoofsteps, in a moment of panic Scootaloo jump on her hoof and took a defensive stance in front of her changeling friend. Her vision began to fade quickly and every muscle of her body was begging to gave up but she stubbornly stood her ground.

She saw the form of two ponies coming down of the stairs, One was green and another cream color ``Ah you are awake you shouldn’t stand up this soon you wil-`` She was interrupt be the filly.

``Don’t come closer if you touch my friend I will… I don’t know what I will do but it’s will be ugly!``

The two mares was stunned for a few seconds but then they smile at her. ``Aww don’t worry sweetie your friend is certainly… Different but we wouldn’t hurt him for that right Bonbon?`` The other mare shook her head. Hearing that Scootaloo stop to fight her sleepiness and black out once again.

- - - - - -

Celestia was in her private chamber looking in her window at the stars and the moon. She look at a special star that hr and her sister have done together before Nightmare moon. She began to sing a old lullaby.

``Natsuhiboshi Naze aka

Yuube Yume wo Miita

Naite hanashita Akai me yo

Natsuhiboshi naze mayou

Kieta warashi wo sagashiteru

Dakara kanashii yume wo miru``

``I didn’t know you could you were talking neighphone princess`` She jump a bit in surprise but she relax when she recognise the voice.

``It’s a lullaby than an old friend of mine have sing for her son. But enough about me how did your investigation been?

``It’s been good for the most part we have capture height changelings we still have work to do of course we didn’t found all the civilian they had replace yet but it’s coming.``

``For the most part did something happen?`` Celestia ask whit a frown her court mage made a sad sigh and made a nod.

``A changeling at the orphanage escape us.``

``Why what happen? Did he have a powerful magic?`` Star swirl gave a somewhat embarrass laugh.

``If only that was that I wouldn’t be humiliate but no it’s was probably the most young changeling we have made but before we could imprison him a filly save him out of nowhere.``

``A filly did she was another changeling?``

``No we check her she had changeling magic on her but she wasn’t one that mean the changeling in question feed himself on her.`` Celstia began to scratch her chin.

``Do you think he was mind controlling the filly?``

``No and that the weird part a changeling who is mind controlled be a changeling practically became a vegetable but her she was acting like we were the villains in there.``

``Do you have an idea were they could be now?``

``Well it’s was difficult whit this storm but we believe the magical trail lead to a little town call Ponyville.``

``Hmm maybe they wanted to go in the forest but they couldn’t survive in this storm.``

``Do you want me to go investigate in Ponyville too?`` Celestia shook her head.

``No you and your team have enough to do in Trotingham as it is I will go in Ponyville personally.``

``Do you want to go with Twilight Sparkle? She could learn interesting things from this changeling`` Celestia shook her head.

``I don’t want her to make contact whit monsters at her young age not yet at least she doesn’t even socialise whit other ponies if only I could lift her nose of her dusty old books she make me remember of somepony else at her age`` She said whit a playful smirk they laugh a little and whit that the conversation ended.

- - - - - -

Scootaloo woke up yet again but this time she saw that made her heart sank Night was nowhere to be seen. ``Night? Where are you if they done anything to you…``

``I’m in the kitchen Scoot``

In the kitchen there he was Night was back as a pony what shock her was that the two strangers were that she saw before collapsing the second time was there like he it’s was the most normal day of their life and she knew that they saw his true form before.

Night himself was making pancake he always had sneak in the orphanage to make pancake for Scootaloo on special occasion. ``Scoot it’s ready come don’t just stand there`` He said making her snap out of her trance.

In the middle of breakfast she learn the two mares where called Lyra and Bonbon they were old friend Lyra is currently only in visit to celebrate the new job of her friend and that the green unicorn found her and Night when she was searching for the other mare.

When the green mare found the Pegasus and the changeling they had an argument if they should have help the colt or not but they didn’t have the heart to abandon him in the cold like that and they later learn that he was not the monster they first through he was.

After they finish their meal Scootaloo and Night propose to wash the dishes, but the cream color mare refuse. ``Night you already made Breakfast and you two are guests here go relax in front of the warm fire.``

A few hours later the snow mysteriously stop to make place to the sun, a few ponies open their doors and windows to try to see what happen since the snow normally don’t normally stop whiteout pegasi. he ponie and changeling in Bonbon’s house didn’t really care at the moment they were occupied to play to cards game.

They suddenly hear a knocking at the door. ``Argh Lyra can you go open it I don’t feel like moving right now.``

``Seriously candy-butt? If you continue to be that lazy you will become fat.`` She said slowly trotting to the door.

``Fat? How dare apologise right now!`` Lyra blew raspberry at Bonbon at the same time as she open the door and said.

``Well excuuuussee me princess`` she then look at the new guest and gasp in horror.`` Oh my Celestia, excuse me princess!`` There in the doorway was the goddess of the sun herself, she raise a eyebrow, but if she was offend by the slightest she was hiding it well, in fact if Lyra didn’t know better she would think she was stifling a laugh.

``Don’t worry my little pony it’s quite alright`` She said whit her trademark motherly smile but then her expression became a little more serious. ``I’m sorry to intrude but my scholars have detect the magic of a monster in Ponyvillle and I would be grateful if you would let me investigate your home.``

Lyra became extremely nervous And force a nervous smile. ``I’m sorry princess but we are in the middle of a… Spring cleaning and all is missy now could you come in a few hours?`` She resist the urge to facehoof to the lame excuse.

The princess raise a questioning eyebrow. ``Sorry my little pony but this is a important matter.`` The green unicorn gulp and make way to the princess. When she arrive in the main room she saw the cream color mare and the Pegasus filly but there was no changeling.

The princess cast a changeling tracking spell, like her court mage told her the little filly had changeling magic residue on her but were the source of energy was more concentrate was under the pillow of the couch. She lift it whit her magic ans she saw a young colt.

``Wha? You found me already Scoota… Holy guacamole!`` The princess chuckle at his reaction, but then remembered what he was her face hardened. Again she cast another spell to reveal his true form and like expect the colt was transformed into a bug like creature.

``You are a changeling you are trespassing the territory of Equestria leave this country now or you will rejoin your brother and sister changeling in imprisonment.`` The princess said sternly. She was confident that this creature would run whit his tail between his leg to his swarm and the land could be peaceful, what she wasn’t expecting was that the orange filly would defend him even after she reveal his true identity.

``Don’t you dare touch a single hair of him you tyrant!`` The two older mares gasp in horror at the filly. Celestia frown Night was curl in a ball scare of Celestia judgment.

``I’m doing what is good for Equestria the changelings feed on love this is the only reason why he is whit you in the first place.`` Lyra step in front of Celestia.

``So? Ponies need love too every sentient being are made to be love our whole society is base on friendship and love so why the changelings should be punish to follow there insincs?.`` Celestia began to lose her cool at this point.

``They are not only feeding of love all the changeling we have encountered have took the place of somepony else, they capture them and put them under a sleep spell we have case of ponies who have lost years of their lives because of these monsters!``

Night who was still covering began to speak. ``I-i d-didn’t took the p-place of somepony this form is was i-inspire of a c-character in a book I have r-read.`` Celestia eye soften for a few second but her face hardened.

``You will hurt a pony of my kingdom sooner or later I can’t take the risk to let you wander in my land now my little ponies give me the changeling and I will give him the choice to leave or be imprison.`` Lyra with sham clearly showing in her face let’s Celestia pass she had too much to lose to risk it to a colt she just met, but Scootaloo didn’t move an inch. ``Come on little filly I know you must be attach to him but he lied to you believe me I am your princess I always make everything I can to help my ponies.``

``My flank!`` The filly cried some tears roll down her cheeks. ``You can’t take him away from me he is the only family I have you said you want to help the best you can? You were not the one that protect me from bully for all my fillyhood, you weren’t the one that gave me a snack the night when the caretaker of the orphanage didn’t gave me nothing because I was not in my best behaviour when some pony come to adopt and the only thing you ever do for me is send your guards to attack my only friend that ever care about me!``

Celestia had a sad expression ``I’m sorry really but I will have to take your friend I know how it is hard to be alone but I will do my best to help you in the future.`` She charge a spell and the young filly became more and more sleepy and finally she fall on the floor. ``Maybe one day the he will return but for now I can’t risk to have a single changeling in my land it’s would not be right for the rest of his species.``

After this day Scootaloo never saw Night again but she receive letter from him on occasion, Lyra finish her studied at her school as for Bonbon she took pity of the young filly and nether her or Celestia could send her back to the orphanage after she lost everything so Bonbon took her in her house. Her and Lyra raise her the best they could because of their closeness and the adopt filly some rumours of the mares being filly-foolers spread in all Ponyville. It was awkward at some moment for the two best friend but they laugh it off most of the time.

A year later Rarity came install her boutique and the orange filly became quick friend whit her sister Sweetie belle. Even if she was a lot more girly than her she was the best friend of Scotaloo and after a while they meet Applebloom and became the now well know cutie mark crusaders.

PreviousChapters Next