• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 2,610 Views, 64 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams (Old Version) - Sea Pony



Death a word that don't signify end but a new begining follow Dream as he try to reach his dreams and how he learn that even in a magical world, reality can be hard

  • ...
 64
 2,610

PreviousChapters Next
the sword VS. the feather

I woke up with the felling of the blades of the grass poking under me. I blink my vision was blur but I could make out a dark figure that was sitting a few meters away from me. I tried to lift myself from the ground only for my legs to gave up and falling whit a thud in the grass.

``Don’t try to stand up too soon it’s always hard the first time you enter in there especially for a mortal.`` I wait around fifteen minutes before trying to stand again.

``Ok there will be a few tests for you to learn the basic first thing first I want to know your intentions, what would you do if you had great powers you could have anything you want with it what would you want and be honest if you lie I will know.``

``Eh, Honesty I don’t know before my dream was to go to Equestria and live a normal live of a ponies I can say the normal part is ruin but I wouldn’t want it any other way after all I’ve been through but I guess if I could have anything I want I would do my final goodbyes to my family, but I guess I can’t do that.``

``Unfortunately no I personally wouldn’t have a problem with it but it’s go against the law set by Gaia.`` I nod sadly. ``Anyway you’ve been honest I guess I will teach you even if you don’t know what you will do with your capability it’s better you learn how to use it.``

``I have a question before we begin`` He nod and wait that I continue.`` Why do you want to teach me to use my powers I mean you could just left me and don’t inform me that any ability.``

``For three reason: the first is that if you don’t learn to control you powers it’s could become dangerous to let you in liberty, two it’s sad but since you spirit is powerful, for a mortal that is, some bounty hunters could want to kill you to sold your powers in the black market and you wouldn’t have any change against some of them whiteout your power and three I believe it’s a crime to have power like yours whiteout using is potential.``

I nod satisfy with the answer and a little worried about the bounty hunter part would it’s put my friends in danger? Should I still live close of them knowing they could be hurt?

``Ok next step is to know what exactly is your abilities`` He said in his usual cold voice, he then motion me to follow him. This place felt like I was in a dream except but my senses where too realistic to be one, my vision was a little fuzzy too if I want to give an example of this place look like a bigger version of the inside of the Majora moon in Zelda except whit more trees and a waterfall.

``What is this place?`` I ask curiously.

``This is the subconscious of Author where all form of lives have begun but in your world I think you call it the garden of Eden.`` My jaw could have hit the floor.

``You mean this story is true?!``

``Well the real story is a little bit different from the one you know, but yeah this is the place.`` I could hear some sort of mild amusement in his cold voice.

``So that mean that I was knowing the real religion?``

``Yes and no`` I raise an eyebrow. ``Each of the gods you mortals have think of are the guardians of a world or another I don’t exactly remember which one is guarding you’re, a lot of the god don’t want to reveal their existence to the mortals, they believe they should be free of their own life and not guide every step by a deity in short they are there mostly to protect their world from the other out-worlder who would more powerful and dangerous than the inhabitant of the realm they guard.`` I nod in understatement. ``Anyway enough talk about religion and all this boring stuff I think we have more important thing to do.``

We arrive in a clearing were all sort of animals were running around. ``I was thinking I was about to find my power what are we doing here?`` I ask a little annoy to have walk all this for nothing.

Kira chuckle a little to himself. ``You mortals are always impatient ones and these are not simple animals they have a strong ability to sense all living souls, we should know what are your powers you have when a certain tip of animals will be drawn be you.``

``And how I am doing this?``

``You absolutely don’t know anything are you? Ok let’s begin whit the basics, spiritual energy tend to manifest itself more easily when you have some adrenalin in you so flap your little wing and make some trick and come back here.``

I made black flip in the air, some barrel roll, I began to fly in all direction and I finish whit by diving dangerously at high speed I land on all four whit a loud thus panting a little.

``Good enough now come in the middle of the animals and try to focus all your energy in one of your hooves Imagine a orb of energy forming in your hoof.`` I tried to do what he said but noting work I tried again and again but nothing was working.

After a few hours of this Kira became impatient and he did something I wasn’t excepting even if he is the god of death. He shot a dark bolt at the ground at soon as the impact was made a giant orb of dark matter about I would say it’s was around ten meters. Inside I saw a figure forming itself when the dark matter dissipate I saw myself.

The only difference between me and the clone was the colors. While my mane and tail was a mix of green and black hair is mane and tail was only black and also while my coat was a light grey is coat was dull grey.

``War Nightmare you order are to kill Peace Dreamer``

``WHAT?!`` I said in shock and terrified expression, when death himself is after you, you better run like a bitch. So that what I did as my counterpart chase after me. He then took off of the ground and came after me to a aggravating speed I took off myself and tried to lost him by making dangerous stunt close of the trees but he easily followed me.

My wings were more and more tired after I tried everything to lost him my only option was to fight him and hoping that the creation from the god would not be too powerful. I land close of a lake my clone also land close of me, we look in each other eyes not sure who would dare make the first move.

He decide to charge first and I began to gallop at him too When we finally close the distance I gave him a punch which he easily block whit his own hoof I tried to kick him, bite him even dive from the sky to touch him but it’s like he knew exactly what move I would do next. He then decide to counter attack he gave me a round kick in the torso followed by a head-butt that send me plummeting head first in the lake.

To say I was lightheaded after the combo of hits would have been a understatement since it’s seem I was out of the battle-zone it was time to elaborate a better strategy but my counterpart had other plans. He dive after me underwater and proceed to attack me in all the direction each time I would try to reach the surface he would find a way to kick me back down. My entire body was begging for oxygen I became more desperate each second. When I tried to reach the surface a last time and saw my clone again trying to stop me all my fear, anger and desperation explode inside of me.

Intense energy began to build-up inside of me, a big orb of light formed in my hoof and shot to War Nightmare when it’s touch him the water exploded and he was send out of the lake. Whit the threat out of the way I reach the surface gasping loudly as much sweet oxygen I could take in my lung. When I arrive at the chores I collapse on the grass panting erratically all the fatigue accumulate in the battle finally caught me. In the corner of my eyes I saw my eyes I saw movement I look at the form and I was horrified, there he was War Nightmare still alive and whit murder in his eyes.

He began to slowly trot for me, I couldn’t move and even if I was able to stand up I wouldn’t have enough energy to hit him a single time. He lift a hoof to crush my skull when he arrive at my body. But then a dark mist form behind him follow by a sword impaling his heart, his eyes widen in shock and his body disappear in a dark matter.

Behind there was Kira ``Rest young one you deserve it.`` Normally I would have tell him to go fuck himself after all he have done and I would have want answer as for why he became mad, but I was way too exhausted and my eyes close of their own and I began to fall in the dark bliss of my dreams.

- - - - -

I woke up a few hours later it was still the middle of the day it look like this place have no night it’s feel like time itself don’t work in this place even if I knew that the time still work outside I wonder what happen to the girls, I know they can handle themselves when they are together but him still worried.

A shadow over me then block the light of the sun I look at the intruder and I saw the familiar cloaked man. ``YOU! Stay away from me you bastard!``

``Hey, hey relax I won’t hurt you.``

``How dare you say that after trying to kill me yesterday!``

``If I would have want to kill you I could easily done it while you where asleep`` That shut me up. ``I’m sorry for what I have done but your spiritual energy seem to show more when you are in danger and if I tell you my plans from the start you wouldn’t have fell menaced. I keep a close eye on all the combat I almost stop everything when the clone and you was underwater.``

``…I know I will regret to ask but what is my next step?``

``Try to remember how you good your energy to show up and we will determine in what category your power are.`` We return at the place were I saw all the animals yesterday. I concentrate myself on the emotions I have feel in the battle, anger, fair, desperation and above all a strong will to survive at all cost.

I feel the same rush of energy I concentrate it in my hoof it’s form a white orb of light slowly rotating, all the animals in the region bean to sniff the air in my direction but after a while all of them lost interest and continue to do whatever they were doing. All except one in a lake nearby there was a young dolphin he was jumping and making blackflip in joy when he sense my spiritual energy.

``Hum the dolphin quite ironic.``

``Why is that?``

``Because that mean that your category of power will be fixate mainly on water.`` Oh yeah I’m the element that almost kill me, joy.

``From what I know of you the dolphin is a animal that represent yourself quite well he is dangerous to his prey, have sometime need of his friend to hunt and he save other creatures that need is help.`` I admit that a good representation of me, well since I arrive in Equestria at least.

``So that mean all my power will be about water?``

``No, not necessarily how to explain you… Ah! I know think about the cutie mark of a unicorn their magic will be centered around their special talent but they will be able to learn levitation or light spells since it the basic spells but they will be better for the spell about their talent.`` I nodded understanding

``With your soul the basic powers are the forming solid forms of lights like you already mastered with your orb quite well already and the spiritual shield.``

``So these power are use to fight and nothing else?``

``Yes, you could probably use them to do some everyday thing or helping some people but it’s mostly use in fights.``

``God know I had lot of these recently.``

``Yes we know`` he said with a ghost of a smirk, I look at him for a second wondering why he said that and I remember he was a god I resist the urge to facehoof this will take some time to getting use that I’m in the company of a living deity.

``So what happen next ?``

``I have a little challenge that I make pass to all my students.`` I wait patiently for his explanation but instead he pluck a feather of my wing whiteout warning.

``Ow! Are you crazy?`` But if he heard me he just didn’t care, he made a shadow appear and the War Nightmare appear again. My eyes got wide in horrors I was preparing to fly out of here in ten second flat.

``Calm down I’m the one who give him order he will do nothing without my orders. Now your goal is simple, you have to cut that feather with this.`` Another shadow form around his hand and it began to expand taking the form of a blade. He threw the sword at me and I catch it in my mouth.

``You want me to cut a feather? It will be a piece of cake.``

``I didn’t yet say the conditions of the fight Dream, you will have to cut the feather but your counterpart will try to protect it at all cost and he have the basics of the spiritual power this time and the feather is impregnate with my spiritual energy a normal mortal wouldn’t be able to even make a scratch.`` I look at him in disbelief.

``How I am able to cut it if it’s impossible?``

``I said for most mortal, most mortal don’t have the type of ability you have and I didn’t infuse too much power in this feather of course, if I do that even a younger god would have difficulty to break it and your clone will be more on the defensive than the offensive this time. ``

``I was meaning to ask how did I have my power if most mortal don’t have it?`` He shrug before telling.

``They’re are many possibilities we could have accidently gave it to you when we make evolve your soul to be a Pegasus , it could be the exposure to magic that woke your powers who were since then asleep inside of you or one of one of your ancestor could be a god the list go on. Anyway enough of chit-chat let’s begin.``

As soon as the words left his mouth the copy of myself took a defensive stance. ``The goal of this test like you already know is to cut the feather for that you will need to put your energy inside my sword I know of your potential you should be able to cut it with only the tier of what you’re maximal ability.``

I try to concentrate as much power I could before taking off the ground I point sword at the feather and swing at it when I was close, the sword instantly met a transparent shield. I saw my copy smirking as a orb form in his hoof he slam it in my stomach instantly I lost my breath the form made a little explosion of light making main me hit a tree.

I slowly regain my breath and thinking of my next move, my clone was just standing there smiling creepily I never wanted to punch myself that in that moment. I form a orb and threw it in his just a few inch of his face to see if I could distract him, but he didn’t even flinch it’s like he was a A.I program to only protect the feather and nothing else.

He know all my move my attacks are normally always directs, I need to be more unpredictable than usual. I charge again and he wait for me patiently whit his annoying smirk. When I was close he prepare his shield, I jump over him clearly he didn’t wasn’t excepting this whiteout missing a beat I tilt my body And gave a kick on his legs.

While he was losing his balance I concentrate myself on the feather I swung at it again but this time I actually touch it. What I didn’t except was that a feather would be as hard as steel. Instantly a gust of dark wind blow me off the feather I roll in the grass a long distance before I regain myself.

I form a other orb this time I really aim for the feather he easily block it whit the shield, I tried to check if I could break it whit multiple projectiles as soon as I tried that War Nightmare sprint at me. I tried to make a shield like him but it’s was extremely weak and he easily break it he kick me whit two time quickly on my chin making my body rise in the sky and gave a powerful punch in my torso making my face colliding in the dirt.

I roll out of the way of my foe, I make appear two orb of energy around my fore-hooves War place his usual shield in front of himself and began to furiously giving a tornado of punch. ``ATATATATATATAHATAAAA!!!`` I give a powerful final punch breaking his last defence. I clench my teeth on my sword a aura began to surround it and I hit the feather whit all my force I hit my target I was met whit the same resistance I was thinking I have feel again, the gust of wind return but I didn’t gave up this time I apply more and more pressure on the feather each time the wind more powerful, I began to flap my wing to try to resist the wing. The feather began to glow intensely and the wind threw me and my clone at the same time.

The dirt and the tree had had multiple scar from the fury of the wind me and War had a few cut but nothing major I look at the feather And my heart beat in excitement it’s was cut in half!. I let’s myself to sleep once again.

Author's Note:

WILL DREAM DISOVER ALL HIS POTENCIAL, WHAT HIS THE SECRET OF KIRA WILL, WAR FINALLY HAVE A MUSTACHE? DISCOVER MORE ON THE NEXT DRAGONBALL Z…..... OH WRONG SHOW SORRY, CALL ME NEXT TIME YOU NEED ANOTHER DRAMATIC VOICE.

…Oookay anyway I just want to tell I will now relax on the fights the next few chapter will be more romance/slice of life type of chapter. see you next time in A good share of dreams

PreviousChapters Next