• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 2,611 Views, 64 Comments

A Good Share of Dreams (Old Version) - Sea Pony



Death a word that don't signify end but a new begining follow Dream as he try to reach his dreams and how he learn that even in a magical world, reality can be hard

  • ...
 64
 2,611

PreviousChapters Next
Turnabout Soul Reapers Part 2 (Edited)

I made my way back to Ponyville, they say the crime scene is close of Twilight's library maybe she saw something, I entered in the library and was greet by a empty room. ``Twilight are you home?``

``Coming!`` I heard the familiar voice of the bookish mare reply. And I also heard hoofsteps coming form upstair. ``Oh it’s you Dream what are you doing here?`` She ask curiously.

``Have you seen or heard anything unusual at the night of the murder?`` She shook her head with a frown.

``I was watching a movie in Ponyville's theater with Brew,`` I raise a eyebrow.

``You seem awfully close with her lately are you two dating?`` She began to blush and sputtered in denial, I knew it.

``NO! I mean maybe, I mean why should it be any of your concerns?`` I began to laugh.

``I'm only teasing Twilight, but anyway I'll try to defend Carl tomorrow if you know anything tell me.``

She seem deep in through for a moment before replying. ``I heard some rumours that Fluttershy will be one of the witness tomorrow.`` I was surprised at this revelation, poor Fluttershy. I can't imagine witnessing a murder would be easy to handle for a sensible pony like her.

``Thanks Twilight I will try to question her later.`` I made my way in the alley where the crime took place. I saw a pony in a fancy suit searching some evidences with his team.

Click here

``Hey you! Civil are not authorise to come here.`` He said to me, I show him my extremely pink badge, he tried to keep a serious face but I could tell he wanted to laugh, *sigh*.

``I’m the defence attorney for tomorrow and I need all the evidences I can have to defend my client case.`` I said as formal as I could. I'm not really a fan of being 'fancy' but I had no choice if I wanted to be taken seriously.

``Well good luck with that it’s Solid Proof who will be the prosecutor. He's the best at what he do, he found all his victims guilty for five consecutive years of course most the time it's was just little cases like stealing, or harassment here in Equestria but he participated a few murders cases too.``

Fuck of course the first case of my life and I’m against one of the best. ``So do you have a copy of the autopsy?`` I ask trying to change of subject.

``Ah! Yes right there.`` He gave me some papers and I put it in my saddlebag. ``Me and my guys must go, we have found all we could for now. I wish you good luck you will need it.``


When they finally left I tried to find some evidences they must have miss something there no way he can really be guilty. The name of the victim was Picture Flash. She was a photographer for the Canterlot Time.

She was investigating a case for a few weeks but she didn’t want to talk about it she said it’s was personal. They found her body in the alley, the autopsy show some residue of concentrated magic, their guess is that the killer use a soul catcher to attack her. I search around the crime scene for a few minutes without any results. After a while I found a piece of paper close of the trash with something written on it.

the snaKe Is goIng sLowLy THil hE Gave Is will to heR Licence TO Neglect Is Good nature He take the Train.

What the fuck is this? Nothing is making sense at all, who wrote this? Maybe I should keep it we never know. I look around and I see some blood forming a message it’s was written ‘Soul Reapers' strange, fortunately I had think to take a camera with me in case I found some proof that I can’t take with me. I took a picture of the grim message. Now I should go ask Flutterhy if she know something about all this.

(stop music)

- - - - -

I arrived at the cottage and knock on the door. I waited a few seconds before hearing really quiet hoofsteps on the other side, soon the door open to reveal the butter yellow Pegasus. ``Oh hello Dream you know you have a day off today you don’t have to help me.``

``Oh sorry Flutterhy but I’m not here for that I want to know if you know anything about the murder.`` I felt a little guilty asking her to remember that but it had to be done.

click here

``O-of course not.`` Chain began to show up and one lock appear. Fluttershy have lied why would she want to lie about witnessing the crime?

``Are you sure the rumours say you will be a witness at the trial tommorow.``

``Eep!" She look frightened at that for a seconds before she tried (without much sucess) to regain her compisure. "The ponies who said that must have lied to you.``

``I doubt that, It's was Twilight who told me and she is almost as terrible as Applejack when it's come to lying.`` Sweat began to form on her face.

``Maybe she just had bad sources?`` She tried lamely. I search for the report of the case on my saddle bag.

``TAKE THAT!`` She let out a whiny of surprise at my shout. ``It’s say in the report that a mare called the guards at 9:32 that night she was so shy that they barely had any information out of here, make you think of somepony?`` The lock then explode in pieces.

(stop music)

``O-ok you win I have seen the m-murder but why do you want to know so bad?``

``I will be the defence attorney tomorrow and I need all the information I can to find the truth.`` I respond honestly.

``B-but you hate Carl why are you defending him?`` She ask in confusion.

``I hate him he's an total pain in the ass. But he doesn't deserve to be thrown in the Wasteland for a crime he didn’t committed so why do you want to keep what you saw secrets?``

``Because Solid Proof ask me to not tell anyone before the trial.`` Shit I knew somepony who found every ponies guilty would do anything to hide the truth. ``So I guess you will have to find what I have to say tomorrow sorry but I’m too scare of him.`` I sighed in dejection.

``Ok Fluttershy but don’t worry, if he try to do anything to you he will regret it even more than Carl… And maybe this time Pinkie Pie will help me.`` I mumbled the last part.

``Thank you Dream I wish you good luck tomorrow.`` Ok what do I do now? The detectives probably found most of the evidences already and I know nothing about Solid Proof. This case seem already lost but I won’t give up.

- - - - -

The next day I made my way to the Canterlot castle. Princess Celestia herself will be the judge. Unfortunately she can’t just say he's not guilty and be over with it, Celestia have a strong sense of justice and she will have to make a unbiased verdict with the evidences we will give.

I was now in the recess room waiting for the court to begin. ``Hay sugarcube yer sure you're up to the job?`` I turn around to be meet with Applejack and Twilight.

``Oh hey girls yeah I have to do this I’m not sure if I’m up to the task. But I’m the only one who will defend him so I will try my best.`` Applejack smiled at that.

``Yer a mighty good guy I’m proud to be your friend.``

``Thanks Applejack but I’m not that a good guy I made a lot of bad choices in the past, some more stupid than others.``

"But you saved a lot of ponies and now you're trying to save a person you hate." The lavender unicorn replied.

``Thanks Twilight and say hello to Brew Blade for me when you’re not busy kissing her.`` I said with a teasing smile.

``Dream!`` she gasp in horror ``Now Applejack know how could you?`` Applejack just laughed at her friend expression.

``Don’t ya worry none Twilight ah already knew that the two of ya would be together`` We were both surprised at her revelation.

``How could know that?`` Twilight ask in shock.

``Even if ya don’t realise it yerself ya look at my flank more than once times sugarcube not only that but ya and Brew are like two pea in a pot.`` Twilight blush madly and Applejack smirk.

``You don’t have a problem with me being a filly fooler?`` The earth pony place a hoof on the worried nerdy mare.

``Of course not sugarcube you’re my friend I don’t care one bit if you like stallions or not.`` Me and Twilight smile at her she truly have a hearth of gold. I then look at the hour.

``Oh the court will begin, I will see you later girls.``

- - - - -

click here


``The court will now begin`` Celestia slam a hammer on her desk.

``The defense is ready your honor`` I said as formal as I could.

``The prosecution is ready and the only next time you will be needed in this trial will be to slam this hammer to declare the defendant as guilty.`` Said a smug looking black pony with blond hair. She gave him a little glare but keep her composure.

``The prosecution call the first witness.`` And then a pony show up, it was the same detective I had met at the crime scene. The prosecutor then began to talk.

``Name and occupation.``

``I am detective Clumsy Work`` Gee his name inspire confidence to us all.

``Me and my team have investigate the crime scene and we have found the victim in the alley, the defendant Carl Johnson was unconscious with a soul catcher in his hand. We check and his fingerprints correspond. Here a map of the crime scene.``

``There is two exit to the alley we found the victim here,`` he point to a place close of the exit of the alley. ``And we have found the defendant here with the gem.`` He point at the exit of the alley.

``Thanks mister Work the court accept this as evidence.`` Celestia said with a neutral frown. Clumsy Work respectfully bowed before leaving the trial room.

``The prosecution will call another witness.`` This must be Fluttershy.

The witness came and it was... Princess Cadence? ``Name and occupation,`` Solid Proof said with his neutral-yet-slightly-smug expression.

``I am Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence for short I’m learning how to be a proper princess to help to rules with my two aunts one day.`` There was a lot of whisper in the crowd after her presentation. A princess coming to testify wasn't exactly common.

*SLAM* ``Order in the court.`` Celestia ordered and everypony quickly shut their mouth.

``Begin your testimony witness.`` Solid Proof said once the silence had settle.

``I was going to leave ponyville when I saw Fluttershy, one of my bridesmaids at my wedding I think it was around nine thirty in the night. She looked terrified so I check in the alley where she was looking to see a human with a shock expression on his face, I then saw a magical flash of light and the human was unconscious. When I saw the dead mare and the blood... I was in shock I don't know how much time I stare blankly in front of me but when I regain my senses some guards was taking the human away.``

``The defense can begin the cross examination.`` Celestia said to me.

``I was going to leave ponyville-``

``HOLD IT!`` The crowd was a little surprise at my shout, in Equestria the trials are normaly more calm. But then again normally there isn't so much at stake. ``Why were you in Ponyville in the first place?``

``OBJECTION!`` said the prosecutor. Again the crowd was a little shock but Celestia seem calm about all this, in the corner of her mouth I through I had seen the ghost of a smile but I had no time to think of that. ``What she was doing here is irrelevant to the case!``

``No every detail must be take on account.`` I said, Celestia nodded in approval.

``OBJECTION OVERULED!`` she slam her hammer.

``I was giving some advice for romance to my sister-in-law before she go to her date at the theater. After that I was going to leave but that when I saw the crime scene.``

``Can you add that in you testimony`` Cadence nodded.

``I was giving some advice to my sister in law and I was preparing to leave when I saw Fluttershy one of my bridesmaids at my marriage I think it was around nine thirty she looked terrified so I check in the alley she was looking to see a human with a shock expression-``

``HOLD IT!``

``Why did he was shocked?`` I ask curiously.

``I don’t know he looked a little confused too like he didn’t know what happened.``

``OBJECTION``

``He was simply shocked that he had kill somepony`` Solid Proof explained.

``OBJECTION`` I slam my two hoof on my desk. A few pony jump a bit, and I point a hoof at the prosecutor.

``If that was really him that killed the victim then the mare would be reborn but her soul have been capture so that mean someone who know what he was doing was there.`` He just wave his hoof with a smug expression.

``The defendant is new to this world he could have take a catcher and accidentally kill the poor mare, it doesn't change anything.`` Fuck I had him.

``I have an evidence to show to the court.`` He presented a camera. ``Miss Flash had take a final picture before her death.`` The picture was in a alley, the same one they found her body. There in front of the viewer was a familiar looking human blocking the exit.

Fuck what did Carl was doing there that night? Could he really have done it? ``As you can see your honour this is a decisive evidence to the case.`` The ponies in the court room began to whisper to each other.

*SLAM* ``Order in the court, you are right, the evidences point to his guilt, l give my verdict.``

Shit! No I can’t let Carl get accused so easily.

``OBJECTION!``

I point a hoof at Solid Proof ``The defense would like to see that evidence more closely!`` I exclaim.

``Do what you want this will be useless.`` Solid Proof shrug with an arrogant smirk. He think he already won we will see that. I watch the picture more closely scanning for every single details and then I found it.

``There are clearly a contradiction with this picture.`` Everyone in the room looked unsure at my claim.

``Can you show the court this contradiction mister Dream?`` Celestia ask me calmly.

``TAKE THAT!``

``The suspect don’t have any gems on him at the moment of the murder the killer couldn’t have been the defendant!`` The crowd shout in confusion at this and talk to each other.

*SLAM* *SLAM *SLAM* ``ORDER ORDER ORDER IN THE COURT`` Celestia put an annoy expression at being constantly interupted but quickly regain her regal composure.

``We will make a recess in the court we will continue in ten minutes.`` The Princess of the day declare.

PreviousChapters Next