• Published 9th Jan 2023
  • 614 Views, 4 Comments

Applejack and Rainbow Dash's Bet - applejackpony2



Applejack and Rainbow Dash make a bet

  • ...
1
 4
 614

Chapter 1

Applejack and Rainbow Dash were sitting on a bench outside of Sweet Apple Acres, enjoying the warm summer sun.

"Ah tell ya what, Rainbow Dash," Applejack drawled, "Ah bet ah can outdo ya at any physical task ya can throw at me."

Rainbow Dash grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Is that so? I bet I can beat you at any task involving speed or agility."

Applejack chuckled and held out her hoof. "Deal. What's the task?"

"Hmm, let me think," Rainbow Dash said, tapping her chin. "I know! How about a race around the orchard?"

Applejack nodded confidently. "Ya got yourself a bet. When do ya wanna do it?"

"Right now!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, jumping to her hooves.

The two of them jogged over to the orchard, where they marked out a course with some old ropes and cones. They stretched for a bit and then got into position, ready to start the race.

"On your mark, get set, go!" Applejack shouted, taking off at a sprint.

Rainbow Dash was close on her heels, her wings beating rapidly as she tried to catch up. The two of them raced around the orchard, their hooves pounding against the soft earth.

As they approached the finish line, it was neck and neck. They were both panting and sweating, but neither of them was willing to give up.

Just as they were about to cross the finish line, Applejack pulled ahead, her long legs giving her the edge she needed. She let out a whoop of triumph as she crossed the line, beating Rainbow Dash by a hair.

Rainbow Dash slowed to a stop, panting heavily. "Wow, Applejack, that was a close one," she said, grinning. "You definitely earned that win."

Applejack chuckled and offered her hoof to Rainbow Dash, who accepted it grudgingly. "Ah told ya ah could take ya," she said with a wink. "But it was a good race, Rainbow Dash. Ah'm glad we did it."

"Me too, Applejack," Rainbow Dash replied. "Maybe we can do it again sometime."

"Anytime, Rainbow Dash," Applejack said, still panting. "Ah'm always up for a good challenge."

The two of them walked back to the bench, still chatting and laughing about their race. It was just another fun day spent together, and they couldn't wait to do it all again.

The next day, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were out in the orchard again, tending to the trees and watering the plants. As they worked, they couldn't help but think about their bet from the previous day.

"Ah can't believe ah actually beat ya, Rainbow Dash," Applejack said, wiping the sweat from her brow. "Ah thought for sure ya had me beat with those wings of yours."

Rainbow Dash chuckled and shrugged. "Well, I have to admit, you're pretty fast on your hooves. I'm not used to racing against someone without wings."

Applejack laughed and patted Rainbow Dash on the back. "Ah'm glad ya had fun, though. Ah know how much ya love to compete."

"Yeah, I do," Rainbow Dash said, grinning. "But I'm not one to back down from a challenge. I bet I could beat you at something else. Maybe a game of hoofball?"

Applejack raised an eyebrow. "Hoofball? Ah'm not sure ah'm up for that. Ah'm more of a 'work hard and play hard' kind of pony."

Rainbow Dash chuckled and shrugged. "Well, we can do something else then. How about a tug of war?"

Applejack laughed and shook her head. "Ah think ah'll pass on that one, Rainbow Dash. Ah think ah've had enough physical challenges for one week."

Rainbow Dash chuckled and nodded. "Okay, okay. I get it. But just know, I'm always up for a challenge if you ever change your mind."

Applejack smiled and nodded. "Ah'll keep that in mind, Rainbow Dash. But for now, let's just stick to working and enjoying the beautiful day."

The two of them went back to their tasks, chatting and laughing as they worked. It was just another fun day spent together, and they couldn't wait to do it all again.

That night, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were sitting on the porch of Sweet Apple Acres, watching the sunset. They were both feeling a bit tired after a long day of work, but they were happy to just relax and enjoy each other's company.

"Ah gotta say, Rainbow Dash, it's been a fun couple of days," Applejack said, stretching her legs out in front of her. "Ah always enjoy spending time with ya."

"Same here, Applejack," Rainbow Dash replied, smiling. "You're always up for a good challenge, and I love that about you."

Applejack chuckled and shook her head. "Ah don't know about that. Ah think ah'm gettin' a bit old for all these physical challenges. Ah might have to hang up my competitive hat for a while."

Rainbow Dash gasped and put a hoof to her chest. "No way! You can't give up now, Applejack. You've still got a lot of fight left in you."

Applejack laughed and shook her head. "Ah appreciate the encouragement, Rainbow Dash, but ah think ah'm just gonna stick to workin' hard and enjoyin' the simple things in life."

Rainbow Dash smiled and nodded. "Well, I can't argue with that. There's nothing wrong with taking it easy once in a while."

The two of them sat in comfortable silence for a while, watching the sun disappear behind the mountains. As the stars began to twinkle in the sky, Applejack let out a contented sigh.

"Ah'm glad we're friends, Rainbow Dash," she said softly. "Ya always know how to make me laugh and have a good time."

Rainbow Dash smiled and leaned her head on Applejack's shoulder. "I'm glad we're friends too, Applejack. You're always there for me when I need someone to talk to or just to have a good time with."

The two of them sat there, watching the stars and enjoying each other's company until it was time to turn in for the night. It was just another wonderful day spent together, and they couldn't wait to do it all again.

Comments ( 4 )

it's the most positive wholesome pure good thing i've seen in the whole site so far

This was certainly very cute. I appreciate your attempt to write something simple and comfy like this. My biggest complaint would probably be that it felt like it was over too quickly. I would have liked to see the story go a bit slower and take more time to let the comfiness simmer before ending it. Also, some of the dialogue felt a bit forced, but it wasn't that distracting.

Login or register to comment