• Published 20th Feb 2023
  • 150 Views, 1 Comments

Mystery of King Saddle - Derpyfan1



The Mane Six go to Saddle Arabia to investigate the mystery of their founder and first King.

  • ...
 1
 150

Journey to Arabia

Twilight is reading a book in her room, she is happy, as she sips some Tea, she continues reading. It was a book about history. She is about to munch on a pastry created by Pinkie Pie until she realizes her cutie mark flashes, she goes into the map room with the rest of her friends, Spike by her side.

"Hmm, wonder what the map wants." Said Applejack.

"Hopefully it is as good as that pastry I made for Twilight! I made it with extra love, fun, and sugar, especially sugar." Said Pinkie Pie

"Says here we're being directed to Saddle Arabia, all six of us." Said Rainbow Dash

"Oh, darling!" Exclaimed Rarity, "I'd love to see the beautiful buildings and landscape of Arabia!"

"We must be careful, as Saddle Arabia just finished winning a 4-sided civil war." Said Twilight, as she takes another bite of her pastry.

"I've prepared these just for the occasion!" Said Rarity, and she put 6 cloths onto the map, each corresponding to the colors of the Mane 6.

"What are they?" Asked Rainbow Dash

"They're hijabs, mares who are married are permitted to wear them according to their traditional beliefs." Said Twilight.

"B-but none of us are married" Said Fluttershy.

"Well, Cheese Sandwich is my fiancé, but we haven't been married yet, he proposed through cake, it was so amazing."

"While you're correct, darling, alot of mares in Saddle Arabia wear them anyway, for fashion reasons, or...other reasons." Said Rarity

"Yeah, their law is a bit...different from Equestria's, but the point is that we need to help with whatever Friendship problem they have!" Said Twilight

The girls put on the hijabs, and head off to a coastal city with a ship en route to Saddle Arabia.

"Alright, Starlight, you take care of the School, and Spike, you're coming with us." Said Twilight, Spike climbs with them. Starlight nods and heads off to the school. Twilight finishes the pastry, and continues reading her history book, Pinkie Pie is playing with a balloon, Rainbow Dash is on a hammock, Rarity brushing her hair, Fluttershy covering her mouth with her hijab, and Applejack is eating some Apples.

"Says here that Saddle Arabia was formed by King Saddle as a result of the fall of the Ottocolt Empire after a giant war broke out. King Saddle is who the country is named for, however, a couple decades later, they went to war with the Emirate of Yemane, and he was killed, it is unknown who killed him, but he died about 70 or so years ago." Said Twilight, reading her book.

"Who's the current King? Does he like Parties?" Said Pinkie while bouncing Twilight said it was being led by King Salmon Ibn Saddle, Pinkie asks if he was a fish, Rainbow started laughing while Twilight says that it's just his name. Rarity says she likes the flag.

"Ah yes, the flag, says here the Flag is green to represent the Royalty, the Horn represents the will the the Saddle Arabians, and the Saddle Arabic above it says 'There is no deity other than our god, and the messengers are his prophets', a religious saying in Saddle Arabia" Explained Twilight, Rarity found it fascinating. Spike was reading a Power Ponies comic about them in Saddle Arabia.

"It says here that they eat lamb's eyes and ride camels to school" Said Spike. Twilight just looks at him.

"Spike, what the heck...? That's sorta stereotypical, let me guess, they also say that they use the bathroom in holes and all live in tents" Said Twilight, Spike nods, and Twilight rolls her eyes.

On top, the Captain is going throughout the sea, but than Pirates appear, the pirates are from Turley, and they attack the ship, the Mane six and Spike come up.

"What are you doing here, you Ruffians?!" Yelled Rarity.

"Hehe, we are here to attack any Saddle Arabian ships, for it is illegitimate! The Ottocolts shall rise again." They said, they get out their swords, and charge at the Mane six, but Twilight puts them in a bubble. Rainbow Dash gets out and grabs them and throws them. "Go back to Turley!" She yelled, the captain continues and the Mane Six go back, Fluttershy hides under the bed. Pinkie makes more pastries and gives them to the Mane Six, they all enjoy them. Applejack and Rainbow Dash start snuggling.

"Welp, girls, I guess it's time for bed, goodnight!" They go to bed, Fluttershy goes onto her bed, still scared, but Pinkie comforts her.

"I-I want Discord..." She said, Pinkie thinks, and just calls her with a phone she hid in the hole, she hides phones all over Equestria, in case of phone emergencies, and calls Discord, he appears as soon as she says "Fluttershy", Discord starts comforting her. Pinkie is satisfied and climbs back into bed. Once Fluttershy was calm, Discord went back to his dimension.

The next morning, they arrived, and they are greeted by 2 Royal Guards with Sabers, they point their swords toward the capital. The Mane 6 wander through the capital, looking at the beautiful looking buildings.

"Oh my, Darling, so beautiful..." Rarity passes out, Twilight uses her magic to lift her onto her back and they approach the palace.

"Behold, Mares, the Palace of the Saddle Dynasty, the rulers of this land." The Mane Six enter the palace, wondering what will come next. As the gaze around the beautiful white palace, with a pond, a giant fountain, palm trees, marble statues of other monarchs across Equus, and a golden throne, upon it sits King Salmon he waves at the girls. Twilight trots over to Salmon with the rest of the Mane Six, and take a bow.

"Salam, Equestrians. I see you have arrived from your map thing that sends through cutie marks. It is true, you need to find the body of my Grandfather, King Saddle, and find the pony who killed him!" The pony's eye's widened, the King continued, "The gravesite is in the courtyard. Examine the neck, that is where the strike killed him. You can start there."

"Yes, your majesty, I, Princess Twilight Sparkle of Equestria, and my friends will solve the 70 year old mystery once and for all" exclaimed the exited Princess.

"Hey, how exactly is this a friendship problem?" Asked Rainbow, the King sighed and looked down.

"Why do you think there was a four-faction civil war between us, Republicans, Supremacists and Communists? People thought that if Saddle could die so mysteriously, why do we need a Monarchy? I say nay!" Said the King, the Mane Six agreed, for Monarchy is what holds a nation together, seeing how peaceful Equestria is under Celestia.

"We'll find out who killed your grandpa, and your country will be at peace again" Said Fluttershy, as Salmon smiled. The Mane Six went to the gravesite of King Saddle, and his late son, father of Salmon, Faisaddle. They dug up the grave of Saddle, his body was preserved surprisingly well. Rarity examined the wound a little, and the Mane Six concluded he was killed from a bladed attack, likely a sharp piece of metal, bigger than a knife wound, not quite large enough to be a sword wound though. This perplexed Twilight. Pinkie was just bouncing around like normally, and the rest of the Mane Six were puzzled as well. They took Saddle's body into a laboratory, Twilight and Rarity examined the body a little more, using magic. They than saw a view of a big shrapnel of metal had pierced his throat, which is what killed him. They examined the geography of the death and concluded that it happened near the border between Saddle Arabia and Yemane. They went to that area, and dug in the sand.

"Hey Twilight, look, I made a sand cake!" Said Pinkie, Twilight just looked at it. Pinkie shoved it into her mouth, Twilight looked back. Applejack was the one to find the piece of metal. They went back to examine it. Twilight's hypothesis was that the metal came from a carriage infantry unit, and it probably got exploded from some Saddle Arabian artillery, a piece of metal flying off and killing the King. Rainbow Dash, an expert in this field, however noticed that if the shrapnel flew that fast off an exploding carriage, it would've taken King Saddle's head clean off, but it didn't, it was just a huge wound in his neck. So the second theory is that the carriage exploded, and a Yemane soldier took the shrapnel and slashed King Saddle's neck. They all agreed upon this. Twilight got a book on the Saddle-Yemane war, and examined it. She noticed that the late Emir Asim of Yemane took part in that battle, who's son, Emir Omar bin Asim is now ruler of Yemane. So they went to Yemane, and visited their capital, Mane'a. They go to the Palace.

"What is it you want, Equestrian Princess?" Asked Emir Omar. Twilight bowed to the Emir.

"We need to talk to you about your father's participation in the uh, war with Saddle Arabia." Said Rainbow Dash. The Emir sighed, and brought the Mane Six into his secret chambers.

"It's about King Saddle's Death, isn't it?" Asked the Emir, the ponies nodded, "It is common misconception, no, my father did not kill the King. I do know who did though."

"Who did? We need to know so that we can maybe reform him, or have him apologize or..." Said Twilight.

"Or stone him." Said the Emir.

"Yeah, turn him to stone with the elements, grea-" Said Twilight, who was cut off by Omar.

"No, Stone as in, bring the ponies of Yemane and Saddle Arabia together, and throw rocks at him until the blunt force trauma kills him." Said the Emir.

"WHAT?!" Yelled Fluttershy.

"Told you it was different around here, darling." Said Rarity.

"That's a bit...harsh..." Said Twilight.

"Okay, no stoning." Said the Emir, "I'll show him to you." They go to the prison cell and shows a very old man, "We never told Saddle Arabia about him so that he can just rot away." He continued.

"Come with us." Said Twilight, they bring the old man, his name was Ahmed Deserthoof, and he was brought to the king.

"So, you are the one who plunged my Kingdom into chaos." Said Salmon.

"Yes, but we can't execute him. Just throw him into the Saddle dungeon.

"Wait..." Said Deserthoof, "I want to...apologize, for it. I was only following orders, and I didn't intend to plunge Arabia into chaos, can you forgive me?" Salmon stared at him. He used his magic to draw his saber, the mane six, especially Fluttershy, were sweating.

"I spare you, and forgive you. Let him go free in Yemane, and spend the last few years of his life free." The next day, the truth came out, the Mane Six's flanks were glowing, finally, the friendship problem plaguing the entire nation of Saddle Arabia was completed. They went back home.

"Ew, guess I never finished this pastry." Said Twilight, she threw it away. "Thanks Starlight for looking after the school."

"Your welcome, Twilight, gotta admit, Discord got a bit Trolly again, but we had a good laugh." The friends laugh, and it pans to the palace in Trotgiers, with King Salmon atop the balcony, the ponies cheering that the Kingdom was finally stable, once more. It goes back to Equestria, as the Mane Six are enjoying more pastries created by Pinkie. They all went to sleep peacefully that night, knowing that Saddle Arabia was at peace once again.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by SockPuppet deleted Feb 24th, 2023
Login or register to comment