• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,146 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,146

PreviousChapters Next
Champion vs Creator

The gang, Bakura, Weevil, Shining, Luthor, Keith, Mai, and Mektaveus were set to watch the duel between Kaiba and Pegasus. It was about to begin as the former approached the blue side and the later approached the red side.

“Ready Kaiba?” Pegasus asked. “Your brother’s fate hangs in the balance.”

“Kaiba, you got to believe in the heart of the cards just as you did with me!” Yugi shouted. “It’s your best bet at rescuing Mokuba!”

“I don’t need your advice.” Kaiba retorted. “I beat you in our rematch, so it doesn’t matter how good a duelist you are. This is my duel, and I’ll win using whatever I deem necessary.”

“Poor fool.” Pegasus chuckled. “He best the only person who ever handed him a loss and suddenly thinks he stands a chance.”

“We’ve known each other for a long time, but now we shall see who the true master of this game is.” Kaiba declared. “Is it the creator or the absolute champion?” He pointed at his opponent. “You have nowhere left to hide, Pegasus!”

“Time to duel!”

(Kaiba 2000/Pegasus 2000)

“Look at you.” Pegasus drew. “The first turn, yet you’re already nervous. Let’s see if a monster with a big ATK makes you feel at home. I summon Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/1800/1800).” A cartoony version of Noble Knight Artorigus appeared.

Shining Armor was surprised to see a variation of his card out there, and his reaction didn’t go unnoticed by everyone else.

“What’s the matter Shining?” Yugi asked.

“That’s a variation of my Noble Knight Artorigus.” Shining stated as he took out the card for everyone to see.

“What does that mean?” Joey asked confused.

“I think it means Pegasus has been paying more attention to the duelist he invited to his island than we assumed.” Sunset responded.

“She’s right folks.” Pegasus declared. “Every duelist who I invited to this island has the honor of having their cards added to an all-new archetype I call Toons. Some of you even have multiple cards dedicated to you within this deck while certain cards are being finished as we speak.

That’s not all. There are additions of my own among quite a few sent in to me by someone I can tell enjoys this game. The result is this very deck.” He chuckled. “Essentially, if anyone wishes to beat me, you’ll have to beat everyone who made it this far.”

That explanation shocked a lot of people.

“That sounds about right for Pegasus.” Keith commented. “A rat in every possible way.”

“It doesn’t matter what cards you have in your deck because I’m still going to crush you.” Kaiba declared.

“We’ll just have to see.” Pegasus smiled. “I mean, these cards are only based around those carried by other duelists, but I took the liberty of gifting quite a few new effects. To utilize my Artorigus, I’ll first need some cards in the grave, so I activate Graceful Charity.

This allows me to draw three cards before I then must discard two. Now, Artorigus’ special ability activates. Provided he doesn’t already have one equipped, I can target a Toon monster in my grave and equip it to him. I’ll choose Toon Gemini Elf.”

Noble Toon Artorigus’ sword was changed into the two cartoonish elves which he still wielded like a sword.

“My Artorigus doesn’t have an effect, but that one’s effect is reminiscent of what a lot of my cards can do in a way.” Shining informed.

“Maybe Pegasus constructed his deck, so that the monsters utilize effects like what our specific decks can do.” Yugi reasoned.

“I wouldn’t count on that being a consistent theme.” Weevil retorted. “It’s more likely Pegasus designed these Toons to have effects that fit their own theme then throwing together a deck of inconsistent effects.”

The insect user was suddenly more invested in this duel than he likely would have been considering this Toon archetype was something entirely new. If he wanted to defeat the creator, he’d need to start planning counter measures immediately.

“You’ll all just have to wait and see.” Pegasus declared. “For now, Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/2300/1800 effect) gains 500 ATK through his effect and has other little surprises I’ll hold off on as they become relevant. For now, I shall end my turn.”

“Pegasus must already be scheming something.” Kaiba drew. “It’s my turn now.” He looked at his hand. “This card should do nicely.” He plucked a card from his hand. “I’ll summon my Krystal Dragon(LV 6/2500/1000).”A dragon made of blue crystal appeared. “My dragon will destroy your knight.”

“Oh no!” Pegasus declared sarcastically before chuckling.

“What’s so funny?” Kaiba asked, but rather than the creator answer, Noble Toon Artorigus held up the Toon Gemini Elf Sword, as it tanked the attack made by Krystal Dragon, before the blade returned to normal. “Why wasn’t your monster destroyed?”

“It’s one of Artorigus’ surprises.” Pegasus declared. “If he were to be destroyed in any way, I can simply send any one equip card he has to the grave and prevent his destruction. Of course, I do still take the damage (Kaiba 2000/Pegasus 1800).”

Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/1800/1800 effect)

“Even if Kaiba dealt damage, Pegasus could potentially keep his Artorigus around longer.” Mektaveus noted. “When it comes to keeping monsters around, there’s only one reason to do it.”

“There’s one thing more that happens Pegasus.” Kaiba declared. “Krystal Dragon’s effect activates because he did battle allowing me to add any 1 Level 8 Dragon monster I wish from my deck to my hand. I’ll then end my turn.”

“You certainly have powerful cards Kaiba-boy, but my deck is more than capable of keeping up.” Pegasus drew. “First, I activate Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/2300/1800 effect) and equip him with Toon Gemini Elf once more.

Now, it’s time to show you the perfect card to deal with your dragon. I summon Odd-Eyes Toon Dragon(LV 7/2500/2000).” A cartoonish, red dragon with wacky eyes appeared. “This little guy is really going to make this next turn hurt.”

“Your monster can’t do anything Pegasus.” Kaiba retorted. “Your Odd-Eyes ties with my Krystal Dragon meaning at best you can destroy them both.”

“You’d certainly be right if Artorigus didn’t have one last trick up his sleeve.” Pegasus declared. “Until the end of this turn, I can transfer a Toon monster acting as an Equip spell to another Toon monster I control and grant them the five hundred ATK boost.”

Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/1800/1800)
Odd-Eyes Toon Dragon(LV 7/3000/2000 effect)

The Toon Gemini Elf sword became animated as the two monsters hopped atop Odd-Eyes and blew a kiss down at the dragon giving him a pink aura.

“Gr, big deal.” Kaiba declared. “A messily 500 life points of damage is nothing.”

“It’s going to be more than that.” Pegasus chuckled. “Odd-Eyes attack Krystal Dragon with Spiral Flame Strike.” Odd-Eyes fired on Krystal Dragon destroying him. “Now, my dragon’s own surprise comes to light. Any battle damage this card inflicts is doubled!”

Kaiba watched as his life points took a dive (Kaiba 1000/Pegasus 1800). The fact that he lost so much managed to utterly shake the champion. Everyone else was stunned or had to really take note of that series of combos.

“Oh my.” Bakura gasped.

“Those Toons look funny, but they pack one powerful punch.” Joey commented.

“Kaiba was only this shaken when Yugi managed to pull out Exodia.” Sunset noted.

“Now, you see how feeble your skills really are, Kaiba-boy.” Pegasus chuckled. “World Champion? I make you look like a novice, and I’ve only just begun to make use of my Millennium Eye.” He pulled a card from his hand. “I set one card and end my turn.”

Toon Gemini Elf returned to being Artorigus’ sword.

Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/2300/1800 effect)
Odd-Eyes Toon Dragon(LV 7/2500/2000)

“That Millennium Eye.” Yugi commented drawing everyone’s attention. “It somehow lets Pegasus see every card in his opponent’s hand.”

“As a result, Pegasus doesn’t need to waste a single resource.” Sunset added. “Because of that item, he’s operating at one hundred percent of his capabilities.”

“Come on.” Mai laughed at the ridiculousness of their statements. “Tell me you two aren’t serious.”

“Man, I knew you two said that eye had magical powers, but I had no idea it could help win duels.” Joey stated. “How’s anyone supposed to win against that?”

“I have my own doubts about what you’re all saying.” Shining commented. “In the end, whatever odds Seto Kaiba is up against here, he’s the real deal. A true champion, so he arguably has the best chance out of anyone here in beating Pegasus.”

“Pegasus has played every move flawlessly to the point it’s like he can see every card in my hand and knows exactly what I’ll play.” Kaiba shook his head. “That’s impossible.” He drew and looked at the card. “Pegasus, I’m ending this duel now!”

“Is that so?” Pegasus smirked. “Then, show me what you’ll use to end this.”

“I activate Dragon’s Shrine allowing me to send any Dragon-type monster I wish from my deck to the grave.” Kaiba declared. “Provided the card I send is a Normal monster, I can send an additional Dragon-type monster from my deck to the grave.”

“Think he’s building up to the combo he used on Yugi before?” Joey asked.

“I don’t think so Joey.” Yugi stated. “If he had the cards in his hand for that, he’d have used them the first turn. I think Kaiba is building up to something vastly different.”

“Now, I activate Ultimate Fusion allowing me access to any Fusion monster that list Blue-Eyes White Dragon or Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon as material.” Kaiba declared. “In return, all I must do is shuffle said materials back into my deck from my hand, grave, and/or field.

I’ll shuffle the Blue-Eyes White Dragon I added through Krystal Dragon’s effect along with the two Blue-Eyes White Dragons I sent to the grave prior. Feast your eyes on true devastation. Fusion Summon Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon(LV 12/4500/3800).”

A three-headed, colossal, white dragon with blue eyes appeared roaring which shocked everyone there. “This is one of the most powerful monsters you’ve ever made Pegasus, and I’m going to use it to absolutely demolish you.”

“That monster’s stats are off the charts!” Tea exclaimed.

“That’s no three extra deck monsters, but it doesn’t need to be.” Sunset commented.

“Wonder if Pegasus gave himself a monster like that.” Joey added.

“Could Pegasus have ended up playing into Kaiba’s hands like this?” Keith questioned. “I wanted to be the one to crush him, but a defeat like this is something I think I could live with.”

“Hm, looks like the skill these duelists have really is climbing at an accelerated rate.” Luthor thought. “Master Dartz will be pleased.”

“Hold on everyone, I don’t think this is the end Kaiba perceives it as.” Yugi stated. “Just look at Pegasus.” Everyone did and saw he was the only one not shocked by this play. “He’s got something planned to weather this.”

“Ultimate Dragon, attack Artorigus with Neo Ultimate Burst!” Kaiba declared.

“I activate my set Draining Shield.” Pegasus countered. “This trap of mine targets your attacking monster, negates its attack, and I gain life points equal to its ATK (Kaiba 1000/Pegasus 6300).”

Kaiba growled at that while everyone could only stare in shock at the now larger gap in life points Pegasus just created.

“Pegasus just took an even more commanding lead.” Tristan commented. “How will Kaiba overcome that?”

“He does still have his dragon, but I’m not certain Pegasus would let Kaiba keep it.” Sunset stated.

“This seems like quite the opposite end of the spectrum from defeat, Kaiba-boy.” Pegasus commented with a chuckle.

“Even if I can’t defeat you now, I can still drain your advantage through Neo Blue-Eyes’ effect.” Kaiba declared. “Up to twice per turn, if she’s the only monster I control and just attacked, I can send any Blue-Eyes fusion monster from my extra deck to the grave and attack all over again.”

“I thought that monster was strong on stats alone, but it really has an effect like that!?” Joey questioned.

“I know.” Mektaveus agreed. “Not only is that monster stronger than some of my best, but it could wipe them all out if I somehow got them on the field.”

“I’ll pitch my Normal Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and Blue-Eyes Alternative Ultimate Dragon allowing my monster to attack your Noble Toon Artorigus twice finally wiping it off the field! Go, Neo Ultimate Burst!”

Kaiba pitched the two fusion monsters, and the first head attacked Noble Toon Artorigus(LV 4/2300-1800/1800 effect) destroying its Toon Gemini Elf Sword (Kaiba 1000/Pegasus 4100). The second then blasted Artorigus off the field (Kaiba 1000/Pegasus 1400).

“Pegasus managed to survive this turn, and I don’t doubt he’ll attempt to destroy my dragon come next turn.” Kaiba looked at what remained in his hand. “The thing is, I don’t have to allow that.” He took a card from his hand. “I set one card and end my turn.”

“Hm, looks like it’s my turn again.” Pegasus drew. “I must thank you for not destroying Odd-Eyes as it makes this all the easier. I activate Polymerization combining the Dark attributed Odd-Eyes Toon Dragon on the field with the Dark attributed Red-Eyes Toon Dragon in my hand.

Two beautiful Toons become one to give birth to absolute terror. Fusion summon Starving Venom Toon Dragon(LV 8/2800/2000).” A downright devious, monstrous dragon appeared. “This dragon will be your Ultimate Dragon’s undoing.”

“Your Fusion pales in comparison to the might of my own.” Kaiba retorted.

“That’s where this one’s first surprise comes into play.” Pegasus declared. “Upon being Fusion Summoned, my lovely dragon gains ATK equal to one special summoned monster you control until the end of the turn. That just so happens to be your only monster, Neo Blue-Eyes.”

Starving Venom Toon Dragon(LV 8/7300/2000 effect) grew in size until it eclipsed Neo Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

“That’s a mere parlor trick that achieves nothing in the face of my face down, Interdimensional Matter Transporter.” Kaiba declared. “With this, I can target one face up monster I control and banish it until the end of the turn meaning my life points are safe.”

“Oh Kaiba-boy, my intention wasn’t to destroy your dragon.” Pegasus chuckled. “No, I have a different play in mind that works with or without a monster on the field. In fact, I didn’t need to even use my fusion monster, but it’ll allow me to crush you absolutely.”

“You’re bluffing.” Kaiba retorted wearily.

“Am I?” Pegasus smirked. “Let’s just see about that as I still have my normal summon, and I’ll use it on The CarToonist(LV 1/0/0).” A small, white monster with a huge grin, and the attire of a street cartoonist appeared.

“What good will that monster do you?” Kaiba asked.

“This little Toon has many uses with one of his best being the fact that he is a Tuner, but I don’t need to go that far.” Pegasus responded. “All I need is one of his effects allowing me to target any one Toon I control and declare a number from 1 to 8.

That monster then becomes that level until the end of the turn. I’ll target Starving Venom Toon Dragon(LV 4/7300/2000 effect) and declare the number four making him that level. With this, you’ve lost Kaiba-boy.”

“Enlighten me because I’m still not seeing it.” Kaiba declared. “No matter what level a monster is, it can’t attack me directly on its own, and you’ve mentioned neither of them having any effect like that.”

“I can’t figure it out.” Joey stated. “What is Pegasus playing at?”

“I don’t know, but Pegasus wouldn’t have gone through all this, said everything he has, if he couldn’t make good on his word.” Yugi was truly worried. “Whatever Pegasus is about to play; it’ll be a game ender.”

“He’s right Kaiba-boy.” Pegasus took a card from his hand. “All of this is a game ender. I activate the continuous spell Infected Mail. At the cost of sending whatever monster I use this on to the grave at the end of the Battle Phase, I can target any Level 4 or lower monster I control and grant them the ability to attack you directly.”

Kaiba was stunned to hear that. “Mokuba…” He put his hands on the console and hung his head. “I tried my best.”

“Your best failed you.” Pegasus retorted. “Starving Venom Toon Dragon, attack Seto Kaiba directly!”

“Forgive me Mokuba.” Seto looked up to meet his defeat head on. “I’m so sorry I failed you.”

Starving Venom fired a poisonous, cartoonish liquid at Kaiba who simply had no way to defend himself (Kaiba 0/Pegasus 1400).

“You’ve lost the duel, Kaiba-boy, but that’s not all you’ve lost.” Pegasus declared. “You’ve lost the only chance you had at rescuing your baby brother. You let him down, but do not worry my friend as I spare you the agony of continuing in this world without him.”

“Mokuba…” Kaiba stated desperately.

That was all he could say before Pegasus’ Millennium Eye glowed, and Seto’s soul was sealed just as Mr. Muto and Mokuba had been before him.

“Welcome to your new home. A place of solitude and seclusion.” Pegasus chuckled. “With your soul sealed away, your body shall be my servant.” The creator took out Mokuba’s soul card. “The brothers Kaiba. One in each hand, yet your souls can’t be further apart.

At least when Mokuba was locked up, you were in the same dimension. Now, you two are worlds from ever being together.” Guards came for Kaiba. “Take the body and teach it to wash dishes or something.”

At this point, the only one observing, who wasn’t stunned, was Luthor. Everyone else was just in utter disbelief at not only the loss, but what had just occurred after.

“Tell me I didn’t just see what I think I saw.” Joey requested.

“I really wish I could.” Mektaveus responded as he clenched his fist.

“Kaiba…” Tea stated in disbelief.

“He’s gone to.” Yugi had tears in his eyes. “All because he was just trying to help his little brother.” He was angry and sad all at the same time. “He was dueling to save someone he cared for just like me or Joey.” He looked at the creator. “Why Pegasus!? Who are you to toy with our friends and family?” He clenched his fist. “I won’t let you get away with it!”

Pegasus chuckled. “Just try and stop me little Yugi.”

“Pegasus, you’ve made a mistake by showing so many of us this duel.” Sunset declared. “All you’ve done is give a large number of us the desire and determination to beat you.”

“That might be, but any of you who wish to challenge me must be the only one who wins such a privilege.” Pegasus declared. “On top of that, not all of you share such a noble pursuit, so those who don’t share your desires are your true roadblocks right alongside those who do.”

Pegasus’ actions here had officially put Yugi, Joey, Sunset, Mektaveus, Shining, and Mai on the same page in that he had to be stopped. All of them could see Luthor, Weevil, and Bandit Keith could care less about that. They didn’t know exactly what, but those three had their own goals.

That’s not even accounting for the fact that one of them within the castle hadn’t even been here to see this while the other two competitors wouldn’t have even had the chance since they still weren’t at the castle. To put it simply, the competition just became more difficult.

“In the end, I welcome all of you to give this your absolute best.” Pegasus continued. “Twelve of you proved your worthiness to be here as better than all the rest, so I’ll be looking forward to your performances moving forward.

On that note, all competitors, and their tag alongs, should make their way to the dining room. The missing competitor shall be returned there, and the remaining two will have arrived. A dinner will be waiting, and your duels will be decided.”

With his piece said, Pegasus walked back down his path and left through the door he entered. While many now didn’t want to do as the man said, there was hardly a choice in the matter considering everyone there at least wanted to take him on eventually.

Dining Room
Everyone made their way back to the dining room. Arctic, Thunder, and Sonata were sat at the table with one of the remaining two competitors being Duke Devin. The last of the remaining two was Blue Blood who leaned against a pillar looking at them all.

Sonata, upon seeing Sunset, tensed up. Her heart began to beat rapidly while her breathing picked up. It wasn’t as severe as the first time she saw the reincarnation, but it was still palatable. Suddenly, she noticed something in her hand and saw that Arctic had grabbed it.

He gently squeezed her hand in reassurance and to anchor her. Before he could speak up like he intended to, an angry yell drew everyone’s attention to Luthor had lain eyes on Blue Blood. The, as of up to this point, calm individual, was visibly enraged. Wrathful.

“Blue Blood…” Luthor marched over to the Drytron user, grabbed him by the shirt collar, and got in close. “You bastard.”

“Luthor, fancy seeing you here.” He smirked in enjoyment. “Must be a small world after all. Tell me, how is Maxwell?”

The moment Blue Blood asked that, Luthor’s grip around Blue Blood’s shirt collar tightened to the point that his knuckles were white. Everyone else didn’t know what to make of what was happening right now. Even Sonata was confused.

“I don’t know Luthor all that well, but he’s never been angry before.” Sonata thought in shock. “Certainly, never like this.”

“Everything is your fault.” Luthor declared. “We never would have gone after that stupid tablet if it weren’t for you. Maxwell wouldn’t have been hurt if it weren’t for you. Maxwell wouldn’t have to be careful in duels if it weren’t for you. To top it all off, you left us hanging!”

“I allowed you to touch my clothes because of our past association, but now you’re simply starting to ruin them.” Blue stated calmly.

The Drytron user laid his hands around Luthor’s wrist and applied pressure.

“Gah!” Luthor cried out. “What the hell!? He wasn’t anywhere near this strong before!”

Blue Blood leveraged the position to make Luthor take a knee.

“Whoa.” Duke was the first to intervene. “Look, it sounds like you two have history, but rather than settle it physically, why not save it for the duels to come?”

“Very well.” Blue Blood released Luthor. “I was planning on knocking him out, considering he came charging at me, but I’ll simply be the one to stand down in this instance.” He walked on over to the table. “If for nothing else than you make a good point, my fine fellow.”

Luthor stared at Blue Blood with absolute hatred.

“Looks like you pushed your luck.” Duke held out a hand to him. “Here, let me…”

The Gladiator Beast user swatted his hand away and stood on his own. “I didn’t ask for your help.” He walked away from Duke. “Next time, mind your own business.” His gaze then turned to Blue Blood. “If I face you, it’ll be hard not to use the seal.”

“Well, sooorrrrryyyy.” Duke called out.

“Even without Pegasus, there is a lot of tension among contestants.” Joey noted.

“No kidding.” Bakura stated. “What do you think all that was between them?”

That was a question the gang was quite interested in given their own encounters with Blue Blood, but it didn’t seem like Luthor would be in a talkative mood. Rather than focusing on that, everyone decided to take their seats at the table.

Despite certain company, as well as certain grudges people among them had, it didn’t stop Joey, Tristan, and Mektaveus from digging into the food while practically everyone else ate at a comparatively slower pace. Everyone soon received a bowl of soup.

“Give me seconds of that cheese.” Joey declared.

Tristan said, “I’d like more of that ham.”

“No problem.” Mektaveus just finished putting more of both on his plate before passing it over. “Just had to get some myself first.”

“Looks like we know who the finalist would be if this were an eating competition.” Tea commented.

“Too bad it’s not one.” Sunset smiled. “Either of those three could beat Pegasus hands down.”

At that moment, Croquet entered the room. “On behalf of Maximillion Pegasus, I’d like to congratulate our 12 Finalist and welcome them to this this final phase of Duelist Kingdom. To make tomorrow’s tournament interesting, your host has added a special ingredient to your soup.”

Suddenly, a faux Millennium Eye floated to the top of every competitor’s bowl of soup with only Luthor, Blue Blood, and Keith not reacting in some way to this development.

“Eh, this is worse than having a fly in my soup.” Joey declared.

Croquet ignored him as he continued. “Open up the eye and have a look inside.” All the competitors did just that. “Each of you have been randomly assigned a letter.”

The letters assigned went as follows:

A Shining Armor
B Weevil Underwood
C Arctic Ace
D Luthor
E Bandit Keith
F Sunset Shimmer
G Yugi Muto
H Joey Wheeler
I Mai Valentine
J Mektaveus Armaldo
K Duke Devlin
L Blue Blood

“What are these for?” Yugi questioned.

“These letters assigned to you will be what the computer randomizes to determine the duels for tomorrow.” Croquet informed as a monitor came down. “Now, take a look at who you will be facing.”

The screen merely showed a list of the now scheduled duels which were as follows:

1. J vs E
2. F vs I
3. K vs L
4. A vs G
5. C vs D
6. B vs H

Judging by the fact they weren’t placed in a tournament bracket, no one was certain that the next duels after these weren’t going to be randomized in some way later.

“Even if I want to beat Pegasus more at this point, I still haven’t forgotten about you, Keith.” Mektaveus looked at his opponent. “Tomorrow, you’re off the island.”

“Heh, yeah right.” Keith retorted. “Once I crush you tomorrow, you’ll wish you’d stayed in that cave.”

“Looks like we got our rematch, Mai.” Sunset commented.

“We certainly do.” Mai stated. “I’ll be looking forward to it.”

“So, you’re my opponent then.” Duke looked at Blue Blood. “May lady luck smile on her favorite to win.”

“You can have all the luck in the world, but it won’t mean anything in the face of my monsters.” Blue Blood retorted confidently.

“Despite what today has been, I can’t deny I’ve wanted to duel you ever since the ship, Yugi Muto.” Shining stated.

“Well, may the best duelist win.” Yugi returned.

Arctic glared at Luthor. “Tomorrow, I’m kicking you off the island.”

“We’ll just have to see about that.” Luthor retorted as everything was falling into place on that end, but his eyes then wandered to Blue Blood. “After I crush Arctic, you better pray I don’t use the seal in our duel.”

Master Dartz had given strict instructions that the Seal of Orichalcos wasn’t supposed to be used at this time, but Luthor found the temptation to use it on Blue Blood hard to ignore.

“Their dueling… Their dueling…” Joey was attempting to figure out who his opponent was, but he couldn’t keep it straight resulting in him standing up. “Ahhhh, I can’t keep it straight! Who is my opponent!?”

“That would be me, Wheeler.” Weevil chuckled. “Ready for a repeat loss?”

“In your dreams, bug boy!” Joey declared. “Tomorrow, you’re losing as payback for what you did on the ship!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Weevil hadn’t owned up to stealing Joey’s deck since they parted on the ship, so why would he ever do as such now?

“Gr, just you wait until tomorrow.” Joey retorted.

“The duels are set.” Croquet declared. “Mektaveus Armaldo vs Bandit Keith, Sunset Shimmer vs Mai Valentine, Duke Devlin vs Blue Blood, Yugi Muto vs Shining Armor, Arctic Ace vs Luthor, and Weevil Underwood vs Joey Wheeler.

Tomorrow morning, be prepared. These six duels are dubbed as the Preliminary Round. Master Pegasus only wants the absolute best of you to duel before the cameras. In accordance with that, look at the screen and see where your duels will take place tomorrow.”

Mektaveus Armaldo vs Bandit Keith: Castle
Sunset Shimmer vs Mai Valentine: Docks
Duke Devlin vs Blue Blood: Over the water
Yugi Muto vs Shining Armor: Down the steps
Arctic Ace vs Luthor: Bay
Weevil Underwood vs Joey Wheeler: Meadow

“All of you will be given exact directions to your respective duel fields even if you may know just where you will duel.” Croquet continued. “The winners will be expected to return to the castle while the losers will be expected at the docks to catch a boat home. That is all for now.”

He then bowed before taking his leave.

Pegasus’ Room
The creator of the game had finished dinner and was now enjoying a fine glass of wine as he stared at the setting sun. “Tomorrow, it begins.” He chuckled. “Yugi-boy, I hope you end up being the one I face. I really do.”

Author's Note:

Kaiba gave it his best; however, it wasn't enough, and he just couldn't get to the stage where he started playing whatever he drew. Because of what's happened prior, Yami is still tucked away within the Millennium Puzzle to.

As for the Toon monsters, I've made changes. Granted, they couldn't attack directly in canon during season 1 anyways, but that now is only an effect applied to one monster Pegasus has. I've also gotten rid of any effects that explode if Toon World isn't there.

Other such changes will be brought up as they become relevant. Beyond that, the twelve finalists are finally in the same place before it's announced we need a preliminary round like the Chunin exams except no one is going to die.

No, that is not misleading text above. No one should be put in a shadow game or killed by their fellow competitor... Well, unless your Blue Blood facing Luthor. He's still deciding if he wants to break Dartz's order and attempt to get some payback.

Note: Infected Mail is a real card, and I did nothing to its effects.

PreviousChapters Next