• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,146 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,146

PreviousChapters Next
Untouched

Hill
Blue Blood stood atop the red side of one of the duel arenas casually flicking through his deck while PaniK, still unconscious, had been forcibly stood atop the blue side in the same restraints he used on Sunset and many other duelist before her.

Eventually, he heard groaning coming from the dark attribute user. “It’s about time.” Blue Blood collected his deck and set it atop the console. “Welcome back to the world of consciousness, PaniK.”

“What is this?” PaniK asked groggily as he slowly began to realize his situation. “You… what have you done to me?”

“Nothing worse than what you have done to duelists throughout your career as an eliminator.” Blue Blood responded casually. “At least, nothing worse has been done yet.”

“Grr, release me!” PaniK yelled. “You have no idea who you are dealing with.”

“I learned more than enough through that last duel you were involved in.” Blue responded. “In contrast, it is you who doesn’t understand who they are dealing with. You also don’t know what it is you were about to do. See, my employer needs Sunset Shimmer alive for the time being.

The fact that you attempted to kill her is a real sore spot in my attempted recruitment of you. That’s why we’re about to have a little duel. When I win, she’ll be willing to forgive your transgression and offer you a new job with training to better your skills as a duelist.”

“What?” PaniK asked. “What are you talking about?”

“My words and their meaning don’t need to make sense to you right now.” Blue Blood pressed a button causing the flamethrowers to fire and PaniK instinctually shied away from them rather than let himself burn. “All you need to know is that you have two choices.

I can do unto you what you have done to the more courageous duelist that fight until the bitter end, or you can duel me with the chance to make it out of this alive, gain employment, and better improve your skills until the day you are needed. What is your choice?”

“You didn’t mention what would happen if I won.” PaniK retorted.

“A duelist like you has no hope of beating me, but I suppose if you need such an incentive to agree…” Blue Blood sighed. “If by some minuscule miracle you beat me, you have my word that you will be released with no further harm coming to you.”

“You think little of me to the point that I’m going to enjoy tearing your apart.” PaniK laughed. “Then, I’m going to find that girl, Sunset, and pay her back for that defeat she handed me.”

“I suppose it is nice to dream.” Blue Blood nodded. “What you do in the unlikely event you win will be no concern of mine. For now, let’s get started.”

“Duel!”

(PaniK 2000/Blueblood 2000)

“Considering you were bold enough to waste my time, and I’d like to end this as soon as possible, you will make the first move.” Blue Blood stated firmly.

“You’re going to regret giving me this turn.” PaniK drew. “First, I activate Painful Choice which allows me to select five cards from my deck and show them to you. Then, you pick one, I add it to my hand, and send the remaining four to the grave.”

He looked through his deck. “I choose Ryu-Kishin, Dark Titian of Terror, King of Yamimakai, Dark World Dealings, and Mirror Force. Now, make your choice from among these five. Which one will you add to my hand?”

“You can have Dark World Dealings.” Blue Blood responded quickly.

“Excellent, you fool.” PaniK added the card to his hand. “I activate the spell you just added, Dark World Dealings. This allows both of us to draw one card, but we must then discard one from our hand.” Both did before he laughed.

“With exactly three Dark attributed monsters in my grave, I can special summon Dark Armed Dragon(LV 7/2800/1000).” The black and silver dragon appeared roaring. “I’ll finish by setting three face down cards. Now, if you’re truly confident in your…”

“It’s more that I’m confident in your lack of ability.” Blue Blood drew before smirking. “This duel is over. “I activate the Ritual Spell Meteonis Drytron. This one allows me to use monsters from my hand or field; however, that’s where similarities to other Rituals end.

This one requires that the tributes for a ritual summon equal or exceed the ATK of the monster I intend to summon. I’m sending Drytron Zeta Aldhibah(ATK 2000) and Drytron Gamma Eltanin(ATK 2000).”

“Those monsters.” PaniK saw their ATK pop up on the console. “Each of them has 2000 ATK!”

“That is correct.” Blue Blood smiled. “By using them, I can Ritual Summon a monster with 4000 ATK. I call upon the power to blast my opponent’s defenses to ash. Ritual Summon Drytron Meteonis Quadrantids(LV 12/4000/4000).” A bipedal, colossal machine dragon appeared radiating a brilliant light.

PaniK took a step back in shock since he’s never faced an opponent capable of summoning something like this, yet Blue Blood busted it out like it was absolutely nothing. “Even with that monster’s immense ATK, my field is fortified!”

“Did you not hear the chant.” Blue Blood smirked. “Provided the level of the monsters used to Ritual Summon him don’t exceed 2, this monster can obliterate your back row. Quadrantids, take aim and reduce those cards to ash!”

Quadrantids roared as it fired on PaniK’s back row reducing them to ash which flowed into the graveyard.

“Er.” PaniK was sweating now. “Even with my back row gone, my monster is strong enough to prevent my loss!”

“When I said this turn was the end, I mean it.” Blue Blood retorted. “While my monster might look draconic, their more invocative of machine monsters.” Blue Blood responded. “Machine monsters have rather powerful generic support such as Limiter Removal.

This spell doubles the ATK of all Machine-type monsters I control at the cost of any card affected by this card effect being destroyed at the End Phase of the turn it was activated. Of course, there’s going to be no End Phase.”

Drytron Meteonis Quadrantids(LV 12/8000/4000 effect)

“No! Impossible!” PaniK yelled. “How could I lose two duels in a row!”

“Looks like someone didn’t learn anything from that prior duel they had.” Blue Blood declared. “In any case, don’t worry. My employer will fix your lack of skill, but I must end this first. Quadrantids destroy Dark Armed Dragon. Go, Supernova!”

Quadrantids light up even brighter making PaniK shy away from the blinding light. “Gah, this light is even worse than that monster Sunset used!”

The machine roared to the heavens as a large sphere of light appeared above it. When it was ready, the sphere crashed into Dark Armed Dragon, decimating it, before moving onto the opposing platform. It blew the platform and part of the machinery apart knocking PaniK back.

The dark duelist screamed in agony as he was hurled into the ground and sent skidding along it before coming to a stop unconscious once more. With part of the field now destroyed, and electrical components sparking all over the place, Quadrantids vanished.

Blue Blood casually jumped off his platform and proceeded to approach the unconscious eliminator. After checking for a pulse, and finding one, he stood before looking around the forest. He knew Pegasus just had to be watching.

Pegasus’ Castle
Pegasus was indeed watching from his dining room with a rather serious expression while one of his men stood near him.

“If beating your prior Eliminators didn’t make it clear, then allow this to paint the picture.” Blue Blood called out. “I’m here to fulfill the orders of my employer. Don’t get in my way, and you’ll have no problems from me.

This here, taking PaniK, is not a problem. Someone like him could never have beaten Yugi Muto. Oh, don’t think about reporting me to the police. They aren’t duelist, so there’s nothing stopping me from doing this to them.”

Pegasus then watched as darkness surrounded PaniK, and his eliminator vanished. Presumably, he was sent to wherever this employer of Blue Blood’s was. The Drytron user then proceeded to walk off like he hadn’t done a thing.

“Sir, how do you want us to proceed?”

“Blue Blood is stronger with the Drytron archetype than I ever thought anyone would be when I created them.” Pegasus thought. “If he ever does come after me, it would be child’s play to construct a deck around that and use my eye to secure victory.

Provided his words are true, and he’s not here to interfere with me directly, it might be best to direct my resources elsewhere.” He glanced at a nearby window which had a view of the ocean. “Especially since someone else deserves my attention more.”

The creator of Duel monsters stood up. “Leave Blue Blood be unless he decides to overstep further than he already has.” He approached the doors. “Additionally, retract that stadium and lock it down while also deploying a cleanup crew.”

“Sir!”

The man left and Pegasus stopped before the window. “So, you’re finally arriving… Kaiba-boy.”

Helicopter
Kaiba was currently fast approaching Duelist Kingdom aboard his helicopter. “I can’t believe all my business associates would turn on me after a single defeat. Then again, losing to Yugi has shaken my self-confidence to.” He thought back on his defeat and the words that followed.

“Maybe Yugi was right, but I can’t start second guessing myself. Not with Mokuba on the line. If I’m going to rescue him, I’ll need to rely on my old dueling instincts. It’s my only chance. Once Mokuba is safe, I’ll release my wrath on everyone who’s trying to take over my company.”

Forest
Tea currently slept within a tent while Tristan and Joey slept outside of it. Sunset was up with Bakura and Yugi, and all of them were nearby.

“Bakura, am I seeing thing or is your Millennium Ring glowing?” Yugi questioned.

“Looks like it’s pointing straight to Pegasus’ castle.” Sunset commented.

“Indeed.” Bakura nodded. “It did the same thing the day I first joined the class. I was watching them play duel monsters when my ring pointed straight to Yugi’s Millennium Puzzle.”

“Must be one of its abilities then.” Sunset noted. “When at least within the same ball park, the Millennium Ring will hone in on other Millennium Items.” She crossed her arms. “Makes me wonder just how many of them there are.”

“Wait, are you saying that Pegasus has a Millennium Item to?” Bakura asked.

“Yeah, the Millennium Eye.” Yugi spoke up. “It’s what Pegasus used to take my grandpa’s soul.”

“My, it all sounds so scary.” Bakura noted. “Pegasus grabs souls with his, and I’ll never forget when mine took a soul to the Shadow Realm.”

“Wait, you could share memories with that other Bakura?” Sunset asked.

“Not entirely.” Bakura admitted. “I don’t really know a whole lot about that other Bakura, for example, but when he’s thinking about something, I tended to hear it.” He shook his head. “Even then, he can manage to keep them from me to.”

“In that case, did he have any thoughts about my magic?” Sunset asked.

“Only that it was ‘weak’ light magic to him.” Bakura responded. “Anything he might have known about it beyond that wasn’t shared with me.”

“I see.” Sunset noted.

“What are you thinking Sunset?” Yugi inquired.

“I was thinking maybe my magic has something to do with the Millennium Items considering I now know it first awakened that day Kaiba took your grandpa.” Sunset noted. “It’s what kept Blue-Eyes safe, yet the only magic I came into contact, after Canterlot, was your puzzle.”

“Well, it’s still a possibility.” Yugi noted. “After all, Bakura did say that other Bakura could keep things from him even if he were thinking about it.”

“Maybe.” Sunset admitted. “Perhaps there’s some form of connection that I just can’t see with what knowledge we do have.”

Suddenly, a helicopter came up the cliff before preparing to land. The noise and light from the aerial vehicle caused their friends to wake up a bit disoriented.

“Look at that!” Bakura yelled.

“Eh, some of us are trying to get some sleep, ya incentive jerk!” Joey yelled at the air craft annoyed.

The helicopter landed and turned off before Seto Kaiba himself stepped out.

“Great, what’s he doing here?” Joey questioned.

“I don’t know, but it looks like he means business.” Tristan responded.

Yugi ran up to him and Kaiba took notice. “I haven’t seen you since our duel, Yugi.”

Yugi nodded before remembering what he had. “Oh, here’s your deck.” He took it out. “I’ve been keeping it for you.”

“Thanks.” Kaiba took it. “You’ll be compensated for all your trouble.”

He then began to walk off before Yugi spoke up. “Actually Kaiba, I was thinking that since we’re all heading to Pegasus’ castle, you could stick with us. Since you’d need your own star chips…”

“Don’t be so naïve.” Kaiba stopped. “This isn’t just a game for me Yugi.” He turned. “I’m going after Pegasus to save my brother; not to win some silly prize. Have fun with your tournament.”

“If you really want to get at Pegasus, it’d be easier to do it as a group than on your own.” Sunset retorted.

“You can all do things your way while I do them mine.” Kaiba retorted before walking away.

“That snobby, little…” Joey ran after him and gripped the Blue-Eyes user by his coat. “Listen here tough guy. I understand you wantin’ to get your little brother back and all, but don’t think you’re the only one with a noble cause. We all have somethin’ worth fightin’ for, so if you want a piece of Pegasus, get in line or deal with me. That’s right hotshot, I’m not scared of ya.”

“Nice grip.” Kaiba firmly grabbed one of Joey’s hands. “Let me show you mine.”

He then tossed Joey aside.

“That was uncalled for.” Bakura declared.

“Joey!” Yugi and Sunset called out before running to his side.

Joey began to get up. “Relax, I’m fine.”

“Do you really think I’m going to let you and this little tournament deter me from finding Pegasus?” Kaiba asked.

“Forget about Pegasus because now you’re dealin’ with me.” Joey declared. “Bust out your cards, and let’s get it on.”

“I can’t tell if Joey’s being brave or nuts.” Tea commented.

“Forget it.” Kaiba retorted. “Why don’t you go look for an infant or a monkey to duel. You’d have better luck than.”

“What’d you say!?” Joey yelled angrily.

“Hm.” Kaiba walked off dismissively. “I don’t have time for you, loser.”

“Go ahead and run!” Joey called out. “Everyone knows you’re all washed up.”

“Joey, be careful.” Yugi warned. “Kaiba might be a creep, but he’s still considered by many to be a top duelist in the whole world.”

“Not anymore.” Joey retorted which once again stopped the guy. “That’s right tough guy. I bet ever since Yugi wiped the floor with ya, you can’t even lay a trap without flinching.”

The rest approached now.

“Okay Joey, let it go.” Tristan warned.

“This is not the guy to pick a fight with.” Tea added.

“What do you say, money bags?” Joey ignored them. “Care to prove me wrong?”

“On one condition.” Kaiba turned. “We play using my newest innovation in holographic duel technology.”

“You mean you’ve upgraded your prior hardware?” Sunset asked.

“Right now, it is a mere prototype.” Kaiba presented the case. “If Joey really wants that duel with me, then this is what we’ll use to do it. This allows for duelist to have arena style matches anywhere at any time.”

“Looks like a regular briefcase to me.” Joey commented.

“It’s in the briefcase you moron.” Kaiba knelt to open the case, which contained two disc along with a collection of cards, and tossed one disc to Joey. “Its technology is unprecedented and unmatched.”

“That’s an understatement.” Sunset commented.

Despite her less than stellar opinion of Kaiba, the fact that he crammed a whole arena into two disk, that looked as though they fit to a person’s arm, was a feat of engineering. Especially since the duel arena’s haven’t been a thing all that long.

“If you think you have what it takes to handle that, then put it on Wheeler.” Kaiba declared.

If this would allow him to knock money bags down a few notches, then Joey would put it on. “Alright, what happens now?”

“First, you insert your dueling deck into the display drive recognizer.” Kaiba explained. “A life point counter will light up and keep score during the duel. On the disc itself you’ll see five slots with five more beneath. The top is for monsters while the bottom are for backrow.”

“Heh, cool.” Joey remarked.

Both inserted their decks.

“Now, let’s duel!” Kaiba declared.

“You got it.” Joey retorted.

(Joey 2000/Kaiba 2000)

“Brace yourself.” Kaiba drew. “First, I send a Blue-Eyes White Dragon from my deck to the grave in order to special summon…” He loaded up his first monster and threw the disk. “…my Dictator of D.(LV 4/1200/1100).”

The disk spun and particles flowed.

“Look at all those lights.” Tristan stated. “It looks like raining glitter.”

“Yeah, it’s like something from an enchanted dream.” Tea added.

A spellcaster in Blue-Eyes White Dragon armor appeared.

“Not only has Kaiba compacted the technology, but he improved upon it as well.” Sunset noted.

Something like this wasn’t too dissimilar from what a Unicorn with an adequate level of magic and knowledge could achieve back in Equestria. Obviously higher skilled Unicorns and alicorns could achieve much more, but that didn’t take away from the feat Kaiba achieved.

“This is technology far removed from what came prior.” Kaiba informed. “It’s holograms of unprecedented realism. As for my turn, I’ll utilize my normal summon on Maiden with Eyes of Blue(LV 1/0/0).” A woman with long, white hair and blue eyes appeared.

“Hm, you utilize a card like that, rich boy?” Joey asked incredulously. “Doesn’t seem much like you in my opinion.”

“Heh, well I wasn’t asking for your opinion.” Kaiba responded coldly. “Every card in my deck has its purpose. The fact that none of that has crossed your mind only tells me your more of a moron than I thought.”

That said, the compulsion to own this card was just as strong as the main three Blue-Eyes. Ultimately, he didn’t care considering this card played into quite a few strategies that only made his deck that much more consistent.

“Gr, I’ll show you.” Joey drew. “First, I’ll set one card. Then, I summon Hundred Dragon(LV 4/1800/1000).” A medium sized, orange dragon appeared. “My dragon gains Levels equal to however many cards I control.

This also grants him 100 more for every level gained.” Hundred Dragon(LV 6/2000/1000 effect) “These changes last until the end of the turn. Now, my Dragon will destroy your Maiden. Shouldn’t have left your monster in ATK mode because now you lose!”

“Joey!” Yugi called out. “Only amateurs leave monsters with zero ATK in attack mode, and Kiba is no amateur.”

“What are you saying Yugs!?” Joey called out.

“He’s trying to tell you that most monsters with zero ATK have powerful effects.” Sunset reiterated.

“This monster has quite the powerful effect for a deck like mine.” Kaiba declared. “When Maiden is attacked, once per turn, I can negate it and shift her Battle Position. Then, I can special summon a Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/3000/2500) from anywhere, but the banished zone.

I’ll bring back the one I sent to activate Dictator D.’s effect.” The white dragon with Blue-Eyes appeared stunning Joey. “I’m not surprised you’d make such an amateurish mistake. Maybe you should let your little friends make all your moves for you.”

Joey grunted. “Just make your move already, rich boy.”

Hundred Dragon(LV 4/1800/1000)

“Gladly.” Kaiba drew. “I’ll now normal summon Dragon Spirit of White(LV 8/2500/2000).” A transparent, white dragon appeared.”

“Hey, that’s just another Blue-Eyes!” Joey yelled.

“While the three Blue-Eyes I do carry within this deck are quite powerful, they have a selection of additional forms with their own, unique effects.” Kaiba informed. “For instance, when my Dragon Spirit is summoned, I can banish any 1 spell/trap you control.”

“No!” Joey exclaimed. “Now, Blue-Eyes White Dragon will wipe your Hundred Dragon out with White Lighting!” Blue-Eyes blasted Joey’s dragon (Joey 800/Kaiba 2000). “I’ll then set one card and end my turn.”

Joey fell to his knees in shock unable to get over the board he was currently staring down. Unlike any opponent before this, even someone as well known as Rex, Kaiba was on a whole other level from them.

“That’s right, Joey.” Kaiba laughed. “Fall to the dirt like a whimpering dog.”

“Man, it took Exodia to beat this guy, and even though I was there, I now see why.” Joey thought. “Right now, I need some kick butt card or…”

“Come on Joey.” Tea called out. “You’re the best at finding ways to come back from behind.”

“Yeah, this duel’s barely gotten started so don’t give up now!” Sunset added.

“They’re both right, Joey.” Bakura declared.

“Now, get up.” Tristan stated. “No way Kaiba gets away with calling you a canine.”

“You’re right Tristan.” Joey stood reinvigorated. “No one gets away with calling me a dog. Once he sees what I got in store with for him, he’ll be the one in the dirt.” He drew. “Check this out, Red-Eyes Black Dragon(LV 7/2400/1200).” The black dragon with red eyes appeared. “Now, take out his Dictator with Inferno Fire Blast!”

“All this time, it never mattered who you attacked.” Kaiba remarked. “Another of Dictator’s effects, provided I control any Blue-Eyes monster, allows me to choose which monster yours attacks.”

“What!?” Joey exclaimed.

“That means even if Joey didn’t take the bait offered by Maiden earlier and choose to attack Dictator, Kaiba could have made him.” Sunset realized. “From his very first turn, he’s been in absolute control of this duel.”

“Your Red-Eyes now must attack my Blue-Eyes.” Kaiba declared.

Red-Eyes changed targets while Joey clenched his teeth. “Even then, I’m still in this duel!”

“No, you’re not.” Kaiba revealed his face down. “The card I set prior was Shrink which allows me to target one monster and halve their original ATK until the end of the turn.” Red-Eyes Black Dragon(LV 7/1200/1200 effect)’s size was cut in half. “Go, White Lighting!”

Red-Eyes fired on Blue-Eyes who fired back and overwhelmed that blast destroying the now far smaller dragon (Kaiba 2000/Joey 0).

Joey collapsed to one knee. “No, I… lost.”

“That’s right, stay down.” Kaiba declared. “Stay down like the sniffling, defeated dog I’ve turned you into.”

“Are you alright Joey?” Yugi questioned before everyone ran to his side.

“It’ll be alright.” Tea comforted.

“Good to know my new duel disk system was a success.” Kaiba declared. “Moping like the frightened dog he is; this is exactly how I intend to leave Pegasus.”

“But this is Joey.” Yugi stated.

“Great, now I’m starting to see parts of who I was in Kaiba to, and I don’t think dueling him is going to fix it.” Sunset looked at him. “Beating someone in a duel gives you no right to belittle anyone.”

“Quiet Sunset.” Joey spoke up firmly. “Don’t give that creep the satisfaction.”

“Hm, none of you have a clue.” Kaiba responded. “If he’d been dueling Pegasus instead of me, the man would have been no less merciful. I understand that the Heart of the Cards is a powerful philosophy, but I need to duel my way. I can’t risk trying something new.”

“Kaiba, what you’ve said just isn’t true.” Yugi responded.

“Oh yeah.” Kaiba looked at the castle. “My attitude is the one you need if you want to stand a chance against Maximillion Pegasus. After all, he’s the man who invented this whole game. He has every card at his disposal, mastered every strategy, and can create new cards at his leisure.

That man is one who makes sure he has every advantage in his favor. If I want to stand a chance, then I’ll need to be at my best. That means nothing new and playing everything by my ruthless rules rather than his.” He looked at Yugi now. “You need to open your eyes.

Even with your prodigious talents, you’ll be defeated like all the others. His ability to read his opponents is unmatched to the point that the champion prior to Shining Armor, Bandit Keith, lost to a mere child who by his own admission had recently gotten into the game.”

“The Millennium Eye is strong enough that it can predict several moves ahead and crush a champion.” Sunset noted. “Maybe it’s a good thing I was limited in what knowledge I could access prior to Twilight. These items are dangerous, and I wouldn’t have cared back then.”

“I still have no idea how he did it.” Kaiba packed everything up. “My only hope is that my new duel disk system will give me the edge to best him once and for all.”

“Your story reminds me of when Sunset and I dueled with Pegasus.” Yugi noted. “He was able to see all our cards and perfectly played the situation to win by the time limit agreed upon. Even knowing that, it’s no excuse to take it out on us.”

“This is war, Yugi, and your friend was a casualty.” Kaiba retorted before walking away.

“Kaiba, we might not agree with each other’s methods, but at least we both understand Pegasus must be stopped.” Yugi called out. “I hope you succeed in rescuing your brother.”

“I hope you succeed in your ventures as well.” Kaiba looked back at him. “Let’s just hope our paths don’t cross again before this is all over.”

Just like that, Kaiba began his trek to the castle while the gang watched him leave.

Author's Note:

Note: Before I get to the usual explanation, starting tomorrow, I will be in the process of moving one mile to a new apartment, so the next chapter will likely come next week. Might come sooner depending on any free time to write, but I make no promisses.

Don't worry about me overextending because moving is always a stressful affair, without exception, when it comes to my mom. If anything, being able to write this story, or another I've been alternating chapters with, will be a lovely break compared to that.

As for this story: I realized something I could add to this chapter even before I wrote out the Joey and Kaiba duel. I realized I could give Blue Blood a proper duel since all he's really had was thrashing three duelist after they'd set up their boards.

As for how his attack was real at the end, well Yugioh is no stranger to psychic duelist, but I will say the reason Blue Blood is a psychic has an explanation which is the same as his surprising strength. Come the part where the gang enters the castle, it'll be explained.

I will confirm that the explanation for Blue Blood's abilities ties into Luthor and his brother, the one Sonata mentioned, being under Dartzs as they are. Just be patient and their story will begin to unfold. To tide you over, I'll say Blue and Luthor are not on good terms.

As for Joey vs Kaiba, in canon Joey kept throwing his low ATK monsters at Kaiba's clearly stronger monster. I get that there were special rules that cropped up which was what Joey likely banked on. Ultimately, he should have tossed that aside sooner than he did.

While the duel disk might have played a part, I decided to take that out of the equation along with the attacking bit. Here, Joey was just utterly overwhelmed by a superior opponent. Plain and simple, he was outplayed.

Note: Dictator of D. is an actual card with some insane effects when combined with "Blue-Eyes" monsters. Not just "Blue-Eyes White Dragon", but any "Blue-Eyes" monster. You special summon it through its effect and normal summon Maiden.

Boom, your set to ward off attacks. Someone attacks Dictator since they don't trust Maiden? Redirect that attack into Maiden and bust out your Blue-Eyes White Dragon through her effect. Maybe the one you sent to special summon Dictator.

What's that, they have a second monster? Well, redirecting attacks isn't a once per turn effect and now you have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon to send their monster's smashing into. If they can beat that, and you want to keep both, then you can just sack Dictator.

Bottom line, when writing this chapter, a board like this just felt very Seto to me.

PreviousChapters Next