• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,146 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,146

PreviousChapters Next
Top 12:Part III

Bay: Arctic Ace vs Luthor
Arctic was at his place on the red side of the arena awaiting his opponent in Luthor. Thunder and Sonata were currently sitting around a large rock nearby with the former’s deck sat between them. At the same time, they both drew a card from Thunder’s deck and set it on the stump.

Buster Blader(ATK 2600)”

Buster Blader, the Destruction Swordsman(ATK 2600)

“It’s a tie.” Thunder declared.

“That marks the second since we began playing.” Sonata noted.

“Maybe at this point we should switch it up and use your deck.” Thunder reasoned.

Just before Sonata was about to agree, she’d naturally remember to remove the seal at this point even though they’d already seen it, Arctic narrowed his eyes. “Luthor is here.”

Thunder immediately put his deck away before standing with Sonata. The two of them turned to see the guy making his way along the sand towards the arena. Compared to how he has looked around Blue Blood, the man was back to his usual, composed self.

Despite the Drytron user being on the island, Luthor wasn’t about to let that stop him from reaping the rewards of his earlier ploy. “Time to see just how my opponent will react to my superior deck.”

The Gladiator Beast user took his place on the blue side and let it raise him up to the console.

“Luthor, I don’t know what Blue Blood has done to you, but that doesn’t matter right now.” Arctic spoke up. “What does matter is I’m completing what I set out to do before. This is where your time in this competition comes to an end.”

“We’ll have to see about that.” Luthor responded, giving nothing away.

He could hold off for a few moments more before relishing in the coming success. If all went according to plan, this duel would be over in mere turns.

“I suppose so.” Arctic returned.

“Don’t let this guy offset you, bro!” Thunder cheered. “You took him down before, and you can do it again.”

“I don’t think a mere second-rate duelist has room to be talking.” Luthor retorted.

Thunder growled at that.

“I wonder if Arctic actually could compete against Luthor at this point.” Sonata thought a little worried. “If he bust out his actual deck…well, he’s used it to become one of the strongest in our group among Rafael and Adagio.”

“Alright, lay off my bro and get to dueling.” Arctic declared.

“He spoke to me but very well.” Luthor returned.

“Let’s Duel!”

(Arctic 2000/2000)

“Since you went first the last time we dueled, it’s my turn now.” Arctic drew.

“That works for me.” Luthor thought.

Arctic pressed on. “The card I just drew is Fortune Fairy Chee(LV 6/0/0) which I can reveal to you in order to special summon her.” A fairy in orange with brown hair and glasses appeared. “When I special summon her from the hand, we’re both allowed to draw 1 card.”

Both drew with Arctic smiling. “Just what I was hoping for. I normal summon Fortune Lady Past(LV 1/?/?).” A female spellcaster in black and orange robes appeared. “Her ATK/DEF is equal to 200 x her level.” Fortune Lady Past(LV 1/200/200 effect).

Now, my Past will give Chee a tune up to Synchro for 7. I call upon the Fortune Lady that can defy her fate. Synchro summon Fortune Lady Every(LV 7/?/?).” A woman with light blue hair and a white with black attire appeared.

“Alright, bro got his ace out on the first turn.” Thunder grinned. “That monster is going to be hard to get rid of for long.”

“Like all Fortune Ladies, one of her effects grants her ATK/DEF equal to her level. By being at a higher level initially, hers is 400 x her level.” Fortune Lady Every(LV 7/2800/2800 effect).” I’ll then end my turn with one face down.”

“My move.” Luthor drew. “I think I’ll start by summoning Gladiator Beast Bestiari(LV 4/1500/800).” A humanoid, green falcon in darker green armor appeared.

“Gladiator Beast?” Arctic questioned confused. “That doesn’t seem to fit in with the cards I was seeing you use for your Ojama deck.”

“I was afraid of this.” Sonata thought worriedly. “With Luthor using his gladiator Beast, the difficulty of this duel for Arctic just increased.”

“That’s because the Ojama’s were the deck I began dueling with before I received this deck.” Luthor smiled. “In a way, it’s a kind of progression considering that prior deck could fuse while this one takes the concept to a whole new level.”

“Well, this is a problem.” Arctic thought. “What do you mean by taking fusion to a whole new level.”

“Allow me to demonstrate.” Luthor responded. “First, I activate Double Summon allowing me to conduct one more normal summon this turn. I’ll use it on Gladiator Beast Murmillo(LV 3/800/400).” A blue fish man appeared. “Now, I initiate a contact fusion.”

“Contact fusion?” Arctic asked.

“Yes, a contact fusion.” Luthor responded. “I return Murmillo and Bestiari to my deck to break the chains associated with fusion spells. I now bring about a true veteran of the Gladiator Beast. Fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gyzarus(LV 6/2400/1500).”

A large, bipedal falcon in more resistant armor appeared.

“He fused without the need for a fusion spell!” Thunder exclaimed in shock. “I’ve never heard of that.”

“I have.” Arctic was sweating a bit. “Though I was under the impression that it was contained within the Neo Spacians archetype.”

“Clearly, both of you were misinformed.” Luthor gave a small smile. “Now, my monster can’t overcome yours through his ATK, but he has an effect. Upon being special summoned, I can target up to 2 cards on the field and destroy them. I’ll declare your monster and back row.”

“Just like that, he managed to wipe out my field!” Arctic thought shocked.

“I’ll now equip my monster with Gladiator Beast’s Battle Manica.” Luthor continued. “I’ll explain what it does should such a thing become relevant. With that, I’ll end my turn. Your move, Arctic.”

“Looks like I’ll need to play better than our last duel to overcome him this time.” Arctic grinned. “Well, I’ll admit that play was something else, but my field won’t remain empty. When it’s your End Phase, I can activate the graveyard effect of Fortune Lady Every(LV 7/2800/2800 effect).

By banishing a Spellcaster, such as Chee, from my grave, she can return to the field.” He then drew. “On my Stand-By Phase, her level increases by one granting her more ATK/DEF.” Fortune Lady Every(LV 7/3200/3200 effect).

“That slimy guy might have surprised my bro with a new deck, but it’s exactly as I said.” Thunder smiled. “His ace monster isn’t about to be off the field for long.”

“That really was a well thought out play.” Sonata stated. “Now, he has an even stronger monster before really beginning to play his next turn.”

“Given the ease with which he summoned that monster, I’ll need to play this smarter.” Arctic nodded. “Now, Every will destroy your Gyzarus!”

Every blasted Gyzarus taking a nice chunk out of Luthor’s life points (Arctic 2000/Luthor 1200). When the attack dissipated, Gyzarus was revealed to still be standing to the shock of Arctic.

“Before you ask, that was the effect of Battle Manica.” Luthor declared. “Thanks to it, my monster can’t be destroyed by battle. That pairs well with my monsters since they all share a unique effect. After battle, I can return them to the deck or extra deck, wherever they belong.

Before I continue that, a few of my equips are unique as well in that they return to my hand provided the monster I equipped them to returns to where they belong. Now, Gyzarus allows me to special summon two Gladiator Beasts from my deck provided it’s not Bestiari.

I’ll choose Gladiator Beast Sagittarii(LV 3/1400/1000) and Gladiator Beast Retiari(LV 3/1200/800).” A centaur with long, blond hair and a bipedal, green lizard man appeared. “Now, I can showcase another unique fact about my monsters.”

“More unique than the fact that you just got two free summons?” Arctic questioned.

“More like unique in that it comes about because they were summoned in this way, off a Gladiator Beast effect. Sagittarii allows me to discard 1 Gladiator Beast and draw 2 cards while Retiari allows me to banish a card from your grave. I’ll target your remaining spellcaster.”

“He just managed to stop Every from coming back for the time being!” Thunder thought shocked.

“I’ll need to prevent him from summoning another fusion come next turn.” Arctic fortunately had a card in hand that should do the job. “I’ll set one card and end my turn.”

“My move!” Luthor drew. “I now return Sagittarii and Retiari to the deck to conduct a contact fusion. Fusion summon Gladiator Beast Essedarii(LV 5/2500/1400).” A hulking black gorilla appeared within an orange chariot.”

“Not this time!” Arctic declared. “I activate Bottomless Trap Hole which destroys any monster you summon with 1500 or more ATK before banishing them. Your field is clear!”

“I figured my first monster would get to him to the point he’d pull something like that.” Luthor shook his head. “That was probably the worst monster you could have used that on considering Essedarii’s only effect is to be fusion summoned. I couldn’t even return it to the extra deck.”

“Er.” Arctic grit his teeth for falling into that. “Well, I still cleared your field.”

“Indeed, you did; however, this deck doesn’t completely snub fusion spells.” Luthor informed. “I’ve just so happened to maintain a rather healthy hand. The only thing is I must be in the Battle Phase, but there’s no rule stating I can’t enter it even with no monsters on my field.

Now, I activate Gladiator Beast United which allows me to shuffle Gladiator Beasts from my hand, field, or grave into the deck and initiate a contact fusion that will ignore any possible summoning restrictions.

I’ll send Gladiator Beast Spartacus, Andal, and Samnite. Fusion summon Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz(LV 7/2600/1500).” A bipedal dino in black, gold, and red armor appeared. “Now, I’m about to end this duel.”

“Arctic has the stronger monster, but Gaiodiaz is still one powerful card.” Sonata thought concerned. “Depending on what Luthor has in mind, and unless Arctic has a card somewhere else to stop it, this really is the end.”

“He’s bluffing bro!” Thunder called out. “That monster of his has six hundred less ATK than yours, and I refuse to believe any effect of it could close such a large gap while also overcoming all your life points!”

“He doesn’t necessarily need a monster effect to make that happen, but does he really have a combo to make it so?” Arctic pondered.

“You’re partially right which is something I’d expect from some second-rate duelist.” Luthor declared. “Allow me to show you what someone like me can achieve. I equip my monster with Moon Mirror Shield. From here one out, my monster’s ATK/DEF will become 100 more than any monster it battles during damage calculations alone.”

“That means no matter what, you can overcome any monster’s stats.” Arctic surmised.

“Exactly.” Luthor. “This equip pairs well with Gaiodiaz as I’m about to demonstrate. Gaiodiaz, destroy Fortune Lady Every.”

Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz(LV 7/3300/3300 effect)

Gaiodiaz slammed its club into Every decimating her (Arctic 1900/Luthor 1200).

“Well, you destroyed Every.” Arctic stated. “Why does the duel end with that?”

“It ends due to Gaiodiaz’s effect.” Luthor informed. “When he destroys a monster by battle, you take damage equal to that monster’s DEF it had while on the field.”

“I…lost.” Arctic stated in shock.

Gaiodiaz was imbued with magic from Every which he hurled into Arctic decimating his life points (Arctic 0/Luthor 1200).

“That was worth it.” Luthor collected his deck. “With that, I’ll take my leave.”

He began walking towards the castle. Despite resolving not to use the seal on Blue Blood, Luthor would still not waste this opportunity to at least take the man out of this tournament himself. While this duel had been fun, he now needed to turn his attention to that.

Arctic had his head down as he lowered to the ground. “I can’t believe I lost to someone like him.”

“Don’t worry about.” Thunder stated. “In the end, it wasn’t a total wash, and you managed to hold up fairly well.”

“Yeah, you did pretty good.” Sonata scratched her cheek. “Maybe I should have told you what you would be getting into.”

“Nah.” Arctic shook his head. “I didn’t know what I was getting into with his Ojama deck, so I wouldn’t have wanted to know about those Gladiator Beast. It’d have been an unfair advantage. For as bad as that guy is, he at least showed I have a lot I can improve on.”

“It does stink that we can’t at least stay to observe the rest of the tournament.” Thunder voiced.

“If that’s what you want, Master Pegasus is willing to extend it to your group on one condition…” A voice stated.

The three of them turned only to see that Kemo had approached their group with a rather off-putting smile. Though, that was kind of just Kemo’s thing. Ultimately, the request wasn’t going to put any of them in harm’s way. It was more to give Pegasus information.

Meadow: Joey vs Weevil
Joey and Bakura arrived at the Meadow where Weevil was already waiting on the red side of the arena.

“Look who somehow made it all the way here.” He laughed. “Yugi must have carried you to this point.”

“Says the bug boy who got some new, rare cards just before the tournament began.” Joey retorted as he walked onto the blue side and let it lift him up to the console. “I bet you stole my deck because you secretly thought how yours was couldn’t keep up.”

“It’s allegedly stole your deck.” Weevil corrected. “After all, what would a champion ranked duelist, such as me, possible want with a nobody deck like yours?”

“Gr.” Joey grit his teeth. “This time, you won’t be able to pull anything off considering we’re being filmed. That means when I win, you’ll be off the island like you deserve.”

“Keep you cool Joey!” Bakura shouted. “He’s just trying to get inside your head, so you’ll end up making mistakes!”

“I don’t think you need me to help make mistakes.” Weevil stated.

“You can keep yappin’ all you want, but at least do it while we play.” Joey retorted.

“Let’s duel!”

(Joey 2000/Weevil 2000)

Weevil drew. “I believe I shall start simply by summoning Battlewasp-Pin the Bullseye(LV 1/200/300).” A little wasp appeared. “During my Main Phase, Pin deals you 200 life points of damage for every one of them I control (Joey 1800/Weevil 2000).”

“A messily 200 life points of damage; is that all you got?” Joey questioned.

“Far from it.” Weevil chuckled. “For right now, I have a set card which will begin to spell your demise. Your move.”

“Time to get to work.” Joey drew. “I’ll summon my Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1300/200).” A steampunk knight appeared. “When he’s normal or special summoned, I can equip him with 1 Fire Warrior or Gemini monster from my hand or deck.

I’ll equip him with Evocator Eveque from my deck.” A warrior in red armor with a matching scarf and flaming mace appeared kneeling behind Sublimation Knight. “A monster equipped through this effect grants Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1800/200 effect) five hundred ATK.”

“Gemini monsters?” Weevil laughed. “Those are the worst type of monsters in the game.”

“Not when you know how to use them.” Joey retorted. “For now, my Sublimation Knight is going to destroy your little wasp.”

“I reveal my set trap, Battlewasp-Nest.” Weevil countered. “When you target a Battlewasp I control for an attack, I’m allowed to special summon any Battlewasp I wish from my deck or hand. Then, this card receives a counter, and the Battle Phase for you ends.”

“So what, I’m never going to be allowed to attack if that card is on the field?” Joey questioned.

“Fortunately for you, the counters Nest acquires can only reach 2 before I must send this trap to the grave.” Weevil responded. “For now, I’ll summon a second Battlewasp-Pin the Bullseye(LV 1/200/300) from my deck.”

“That means next turn he’ll be able to dish out 400 life points of damage before even taking his turn.” Joey grunted. “I’ll set two cards and end my turn.”

“You must feel rather helpless as I progressively swarm my field.” Weevil drew. “It’s not going to stop any time soon. I activate Graceful Charity allowing me to draw 3 cards provided I then discard two from my entire hand.

With that, I can activate Summoning Swarm allowing me to target Battlewasp monsters in my grave up to the number of monsters you control. You control one, so I’ll target my third Battlewasp-Pin the Bullseye(LV 1/200/300). Now, I can special summon him.”

“Now it’s 600 life points of damage.” Joey thought.

“Fortunately for you, only one Pin’s effect can be used per turn; otherwise, this would be your end.” Weevil continued. “As things stand, 600 damage will be plenty (Joey 1200/Weevil 2000). On top of that, I still have my normal summon which I’ll use on Battlewasp-Sting the Poison(LV 2/400/800).” A red wasp appeared.

“A tuner monster.” Joey noted.

“Looks like someone managed to learn a little something on this island.” Weevil smiled. “First, when this card is normal or special summoned, I can add any Battlewasp card I wish from my deck to my hand.

Now, Poison will give all three pins a tune up to Synchro for 5. Synchro summon Battlewasp-Azusa the Ghost Bow(LV 5/2200/1600).” A bipedal insect in white and purple garbs with a bow appeared.

“Thanks for that Weevil because now I can activate my first face down, Hyper Refresh.” Joey declared. “This quick-play spell can only be activated if the combined ATK of every monster you control is more than my current life points. Since it is, I can now double my life points.”

(Joey 2400/Weevil 2000)

“A lucky move.” Weevil grumbled. “In the end, this achieves nothing since my Azusa is just going to take a chunk out of what you recovered. Attack Sublimation Knight.”

“I’m not ready to say good bye to my monster right this moment.” Joey declared. “That’s why I’ll activate my second face down Energy Drain. Here’s how it works. For every card in your hand, a monster I target on my field gains 200 ATK/DEF.

I’m targeting my Sublimation Knight(LV 3/2600/1000 effect) who’ll gain 800 ATK/DEF since you hold four cards in your hand.” Weevil went wide eyed at that. “Maybe I can’t attack you to deal damage at the moment, but that fancy trap of yours doesn’t stop you.”

Azusa flew at Sublimation Knight who slashed clean through it (Joey 2400/Weevil 1600).

“That was a splendid move, Joey!” Bakura cheered.

“More like a lucky move.” Weevil mumbled. “I end my turn.”

Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1800/200 effect)

“Time to take this opportunity to bolster my field.” Joey drew. “I’ll summon Blue Flame Swordsman(LV 4/1800/1600).” A warrior in blue armor and with a blue, flaming sword appeared. “With that, I’ll end my turn.

“You might think you wiped out all that advantage, but I still have my trap.” Weevil drew. “Not to mention, I still have that Battlewasp I was able to add to my hand last turn. I summon Battlewasp-Arbalest the Rapidfire(LV 4/1800/900).”

A purple and yellow wasp appeared. “When he is normal summoned, I can special summon any level 3 or lower insect I wish from my graveyard in defense position. I chose Battlewasp-Sting the Poison(LV 2/400/800). Once more, I can add a Battlewasp from my deck to hand.”

“This time, you can go into a level 6 if you have it.” Joey commented.

“Oh, someone can do math.” Weevil grinned. “Unfortunately for you, I do have a level six synchro, and I’ll reach it through Sting giving Arbalest a tune up. Beat your wings and prepare to sting my opponent. Synchro summon Battlewasp-Halberd the Charge(LV 6/2500/800).”

A large, blue wasp with a halberd appeared.

“I didn’t even see what Azusa could do, but I have seen that monsters with higher levels tend to come with powerful effects.” Joey thought.

“My Halberd will now destroy Sublimation Knight.” Weevil declared.

“This Battle Phase might as well be a second verse same as the first.” Joey declared. “I activate the effect of Swordsman. During either battle phase, I can decrease the ATK of one warrior by 600 and gift that to another permanently. I’ll cut Swordsman to increase my Knight.

Blue Flame Swordsman(LV 4/1200/1600 effect)
Sublimation Knight(LV 3/2600/200 effect)

“That was the worst possible move you could have made thanks to Halberd’s effect.” Weevil laughed. “When he does battle with a monster whose ATK is equal or higher, he cuts it in half once per Battle Phase during damage calculation.”

“Wait, what!?” Joey exclaimed in shock.

Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1300/200 effect)

Halberd cleaved clean through Sublimation Knight (Joey 1200/Weevil 1600)

“There’s more.” Weevil declared. “Azusa’s graveyard effect activates. Since a monster was destroyed in battle with a Battlewasp monster, I’m allowed to special summon him in Defense position on the condition he is then banished when next leaving the field.”

Battlewasp-Azusa the Ghost Bow(LV 5/2200/1600)

“Your not the only one whose going to benefit from this.” Joey declared. “If Sublimation Knight is sent to the grave while equipped with a Gemini monster, Evocator Eveque(LV 4/1500/1000) just so happens to be one, then that monster is special summoned.

The best part is he comes to the field as though he were Gemini summoned meaning he has his effect. Evocator Everque’s effect allows me to special summon any Fire Warrior or Gemini monster from my grave, so welcome back Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1300/200).

Remember, when he’s normal or special summoned, I can equip him with 1 Fire Warrior or Gemini monster from my hand or deck. I’ll equip him with Evocator Chevalier from my deck.” A warrior in red and orange armor with a sword appeared kneeling behind Sublimation Knight.

“Just like before, a monster equipped through this effect grants Sublimation Knight(LV 3/1800/200 effect) five hundred ATK. What do you think of that Weevil?” Joey grinned. “Even though you now have two extra deck monsters, I’d say our fields are even.”

“Hardly.” Weevil returned. “Your swordsman still took a hit to his ATK, and your life points are lower than mine. Not to mention, I still have my trap as an added precaution meaning your field is nothing special. On that note, what can you really do come next turn anyways?”

“Don’t listen to him Joey.” Bakura cheered. “You’ve managed to hang on fantastically.”

“My friend is right Weevil.” Joey grinned. “I managed to hang on through that turn, and I’ve hardly begun to play.” He drew. “For instance, I activate Cross Over. Thanks to this, I can target one warrior I control and any monster you control.

Your monster is then equipped to that warrior in exchange for that monster being unable to deal damage until this turn passes. There’s no better monster to target than your Halberd who I’ll equip to Blue Flame Swordsman before immediately switching him into defense position.”

“No way!” Weevil exclaimed.

“It just happened, and if you don’t want to lose your last monster, you’ll need to utilize your trap.” Joey declared. “Sublimation Knight, destroy Azusa!”

“I activate Battlewasp-Nest to special summon a second Battlewasp-Arbalest the Rapidfire(LV 4/1800/900) from my deck.” Weevil countered. “This places my trap’s second counter meaning it needs to go to the grave, but your Battle Phase still ends there.”

“That’s fine by me because I achieved everything I wanted.” Joey smiled. “I set one card to end my turn.”

“Well, you’ve certainly held up for long enough.” Weevil drew and grinned. “I believe it is time I finally brought this duel to a close. I activate Monster Reborn to bring back Battlewasp-Sting the Poison(LV 2/400/800). That marks the third time adding a Battlewasp from deck to hand.”

“The tuner.” Joey began counting on his fingers. “Sting is 2, Azusa is 5, and Arbalest is 4 which means you can Synchro summon a level 11 monster!”

“I could if I had one; however, I simply do not.” Weevil grinned. “That said, I do have a level 12, and I have yet to normal summon. While this monster would have been better off in my hand, you’ve simply forced it out.

I summon Battlewasp-Dart the Hunter(LV1/100/100).” A purple, dart like wasp appeared. “Now, Poison will give a tune up to Dart, Azusa, and Arbalest to synchro for 12. This new monster spells the end of days. Synchro summon Battlewasp-Ballista the Armageddon(LV 12/3000/800).” A massive black and red wasp appeared.

“Oh, that is one big bug.” Joey muttered to himself.

“With this, you are finally finished!” Weevil exclaimed. “When this card is special summoned, I can banish every insect in my grave. Then, every monster you control loses 500 ATK/DEF for every insect banished.”

“It does what!?” Bakura exclaimed in shock.

“I have 3 Battlewasp-Pin the Bullseye, 2 Battlewasp-Arbalest the Rapidfire, Battlewasp-Sting the Poison, Battlewasp-Dart the Hunter, and Doom Dozer which I sent with Graceful Charity earlier. Eight monsters for a grand total of 4000 ATK!”

Sublimation Knight(LV 3/0/200 effect)
Blue Flame Swordsman(LV 4/0/1600 effect)
Evocator Eveque(LV 4/0/1000 effect)

“Have nothing to say, Joey!?” Joey was eerily silent prompting Weevil to laugh. “It’s understandable when your defeat is staring you in the eyes! Destroy Sublimation Knight with Armageddon Strike and bring this duel to a close!”

“You know Weevil, I had set this card of mine as a bluff; however, you’re effect just made it viable.” Joey declared. “I activate my face down Silver Dollar. When you attack a monster with 1000 or less ATK, it can’t be destroyed, and I take no battle damage from this battle.”

“No fair!” Weevil exclaimed in anger. “I was about to win before you saved yourself with some useless trap card that should have had no bearing with the monsters on the field.”

“It shouldn’t have, but you made it that way by utilizing your monster.” Joey countered. “You have no one but yourself to blame for your attack not working.”

“Oh, very well.” Weevil relented. “You might have halted my victory this turn, but my monster is by far the strongest on the field. Enjoy this final turn you have because on my next turn I’m ending this.”

“Come on Joey, prove Weevil wrong!” Bakura cheered. “You bought yourself this turn, so use it!”

“I’d love nothing more, but all my hand has is Comrade of Landstar and Shield & Sword.” Joey thought. “Considering how my last turn played, it’s a good thing I didn’t use the spell, but it won’t help with the cards I currently have. This next draw needs to be good.”

“It’s only naturally he’d freeze up with this current predicament.” Weevil thought snidely.

“With all those cards in Weevil’s hand, I got the feeling this next draw is everything, so here goes nothing!” Joey drew before grinning. “Looks like I’m the one who’ll end this.”

“What are you talking about?” Weevil asked.

“Just watch.” Joey declared. “First, I activate Shield & Sword which will swap the ATK and DEF of every monster currently on the field until the end of the turn.”

Sublimation Knight(LV 3/200/0 effect)
Blue Flame Swordsman(LV 4/1600/0 effect)
Evocator Eveque(LV 4/1000/0 effect)

Battlewasp-Ballista the Armageddon(LV 12/800/3000effect)

“Oh no, my Ballista has been reduced to less than even a thousand life points!” Weevil lamented.

“That’s only the beginnin’ of your worries.” Joey declared. “I next activate Falling Current which allows me to target any monster I control, declare a level between 1 and 3, and that monster becomes that level. I’ll declare 1 for Evocator Eveque(LV 1/1000/0 effect).”

“Just what is he planning!?” Weevil thought now nervous.

Joey pressed on. “With the field set, I summon Comrade Swordsman of Landstar(LV 3/500/1200),” A squishy warrior appeared. “He grants every Warrior on the field a 400 ATK point boost.”

Sublimation Knight(LV 3/600/0 effect)
Blue Flame Swordsman(LV 4/2000/0 effect)
Evocator Eveque(LV 1/1400/0 effect)
Comrade Swordsman of Landstar(LV 3/900/1200 effect)

“Big deal!” Weevil was sweating at this point as he began to deny the reality of the situation. “Even attacking with your strongest monster would still leave me with a handful of life points. All of this was for nothing!”

“Looks like someone just doesn’t want to face the facts.” Joey declared. “My Comrade is a tuner. You’re not the only one who can Synchro in this duel! I use Comrade to give my Eveque and Swordsman a tune up to Synchro for 8. I call upon the immortal fighter, Synchro summon Colossal Fighter(Level 8/2800/1000).” A colossal, futuristic white and blue golem appeared.

“This can’t be happening!” Weevil exclaimed utterly shocked.

“All the proof you need is right before ya!” Joey exclaimed. “Colossal Fighter(LV 8/3100/1000 effect) gains 100 ATK for every warrior in my grave, and I have three. Consider that some extra payback for what you’ve done. Now my fighter will destroy Ballista with Colossal Impact!”

Colossal fighter smashed its fist into Ballista destroying it (Joey 1200/Weevil 0).

“That was amazing Joey!” Bakura cheered.

“No! Impossible!” Weevil was in disbelief. “I’m the regional champion while you’re just a nobody!”

“I’ll admit you’re skilled Weevil, but that personality of yours makes you no champion of mine.” Joey declared. “In fact, to me you’re nothin’ but a duelin’ disgrace.” Weevil collapsed to his knees in defeat while Joey rejoined Bakura. “Let’s head back to the castle.”

“Yeah.” Bakura voiced.

The pair walked off leaving a defeated Weevil behind. With this final duel of the Top 12, the Top 6 have finally been decided.

Author's Note:

One of the most immediate things is that the Neo-Spacian archetype was mentioned in this chapter. Given that Sunset has the Elemental Heroes, and I don't want to end up taking her down the same path as anime Jaden with her dueling, they've gone to a different character.

A Yugioh GX manga character who is arguably fitting and will appear after this arc. As for the duels itself, two characters ended up with rather high life point totals, yet they were under drastically different circumstances.

Luthor was in complete control of the duel while Joey could have lost to Weevil at two seperate points. Without Hyper Refresh and Silver Dollar, it'd have gone to the Insect user. In the end, the top 6 have been decided.

Now we turn to the middling which will cover the rest of Day 3 as I imagine, since these duels are all happening relatively within the same time frame, the duels haven't taken even a half day at this point. There's quite a bit to cover in flushing things out.

Shining's confrontation with Pegasus
Pegasus getting some information
Reconvening of the Top 6
Something that'll affect numbers moving on
What's been going on back in Canterlot City
Setting up Twilight and Spike for Battle City

Those last two points are going to happen because Pegasus hasn't been missing out on the opportunity to let people see these duels; however, he's in control of what people see meaning he's not going to show off certain things. Still, people will know about every duel.

PreviousChapters Next