• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,148 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,148

PreviousChapters Next
Duel Monster Quest:Part I

Sunset’s Dream/Memory
Sunset found herself within a rather cozy hallway. Just by being here, she knew this was that same memory she’d been dreaming of ever since Pegasus made her doubt where she truly came from. Ever since getting back from Duelist Kingdom, she’s been here herself.

Despite this, she was just an outsider looking in. She usually couldn’t make out definitive features or hear crucial words. This time felt different. What she saw upon looking around was familiar beyond the fact she dreamt about it. Perhaps meeting Helios had unlocked something.

Even if that wasn’t true, she would still follow the only path she could right up to the room where the mobile music came from. This time she could make out the room in its entirety. The walls were dark blue with yellow fireflies and stars painted on them.

There were toys and plushies that littered the floor with a wooden crib nearby. In the crib there was a two-year-old baby girl with red and yellow striped hair. Sunset knew now, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this was her. Suddenly, two people rushed in.

The first was a woman with blue eyes and long red hair in a braided ponytail. She was wearing a light purple business suit, and Sunset’s facial features were nearly the same as hers. The second was a young, eight-year-old Helios who naturally shared some features with the woman.

His hair was pretty much the only constant between the two versions. His build was shorter and less muscular while his eyes were both blue rather than heterochromatic. He wore black shorts with a short-sleeved shirt. While the woman was determined, Helios was panicked.

“Sending her away is the only chance we have.” The woman declared.

“Considering you won’t explain more than that, it hardly matters to me!” Helios shouted furiously. “She is my sister. I won’t let you do this.”

“You have no choice.” The woman retorted firmly. “I’m your mother, and I am doing what’s best for both of you.”

“What’s best for us!?” Helios shouted. “How is this what’s best for us when you just told me you’re sending her away!?”

Sunset gasped as the woman kicked Helios in the chest. Given his smaller frame in comparison, it was more than enough to make his body thud against the back wall of the room. That’s when the baby version of her started crying.

“I’m sorry, Helios.” The woman spoke up sincerely and looked truly remorseful at what she did. “Hopefully, you’ll come to understand that I’m only trying to protect you both.”

Baby Sunset just kept crying as the woman picked her up and ran from the room. Present Sunset was forced to follow, but she didn’t need to see Helios’ face to know how he was feeling.

“Sunset! Sunset!” Helios was distressed and devastated. “SUNSET!”

The woman rushed outside with a still crying Sunset. This allowed present Sunset to see that they’d been in a two-story log cabin surrounded by a forest with only one clear road out. The woman, her mother, rushed off into the tree line opposite the road.

Eventually, she would come to a stop within a clearing. All it contained was a lone, black stone that was the size of the mirror back in Equestria. The woman did not hesitate to push Sunset towards the rock which acted as the portal since she was clearly sent through it.

Sunset was transported with her to Equestria. Given present Sunset’s current nature, she remained the same while her baby self-transformed into a foal. She popped out into Canterlot Castle’s Garden crying louder than before as she had no idea what was going on.

“S-Sunset…” A familiar voice exhaled in utter shock.

Present Sunset turned to see Princess Celestia who looked as though she were seeing a ghost.

Sunset’s Apartment: Dawn
Sunset bolted upright panting and in a cold sweat while tears ran down her cheeks. She wiped them before getting out of bed and walking to the nearby window. This happened every time that dream played, and her gaze once more fell on Domino City.

“I can’t ignore the truth.” Sunset thought. “Everything before seeing the full picture could be explained away, but I can’t now. I was born on Earth, Helios is my brother, and my own mother sent me to Equestria.”

For everything Sunset knew, there was much left unknown and new questions had arisen. She still didn’t know why her mother sent her to Equestria, nor could she be certain that was the woman’s intention. She also didn’t know why that voice had been familiar.

It went beyond just recognizing her voice as that of her mother’s. Sunset knew she’s heard something like it, comparatively, recently. Beyond that, Celestia had immediately, somehow, recognized her.

“I need answers, and I suppose the easiest avenue to explore would be contacting Soren to arrange a duel with Helios.” Sunset glanced at the business card she’d placed on a nightstand by her bed. “First, I should talk this over with my friends.”

No matter how many questions arose, or how badly she wanted them answered, Sunset would not act rashly. By this point, she knew she could confide anything in her friends and trust them to give her sound advice.

Kaiba Corp. Morning…
It started storming not long after Seto and Mokuba set foot inside Kaiba Corp. This was the first time either of them have been here since the whole mess with Pegasus kicked off. Now, it was time to deal with the remaining loose ends in the form of the Big Five.

Of course, this wouldn’t be nearly as satisfying if they knew Seto would show up, so he purposefully kept their return a surprise. Judging by their looks, they hadn’t even known either brother was now perfectly fine. More than likely, they assumed Pegasus hadn’t freed them.

“Mr. Kaiba.” Nezbitt began scrambling to recover. “Welcome back sir.”

“What an unexpected surprise.” Leichter added.

“I’m sure it is, treacherous snakes.” Despite enjoying the sight of these traitors squirming, Seto had important work to attend to given everything he’s experienced, so he wouldn’t dawdle long. “I know all about your partnership with Pegasus and scheme to take over my company.”

“Yeah, what you guys did was messed up.” Mokuba added. “Working with that creep just to get rid of my brother and me is sick.”

“You’re all fired effectively immediately.” Seto declared. “I suggest you take the chance to leave before I lose my temper and take more than your jobs.”

That got the Big 5 sweating and scrambling to salvage the situation.

“Let us explain.” Gansley responded as he stood.

“Don’t test me.” Seto warned.

“Seto, if you let us speak, we’ll explain why we did what we did.” Gansley tried.

“That I doubt.” Seto retorted.

“The sole reason we partnered with master…pardon, Mr. Pegasus…was to rescue you.” Johnson reasoned.

“Yes, Johnson is absolutely right.” Gansley sat down. “Pegasus is the one who wanted your company. We merely thought that having a phony alliance with him would lead to you.”

“You expect us to believe that?” Mokuba asked.

“Seto, we had no intention of taking over Kaiba Corp.” Gansley assured. “In fact, we’ve been awaiting your stamp of approval before sending out our latest product. It’s your virtual pod which we’ve readied for distribution.”

“You have.” Seto managed a small smile at that. “Impressive, but that doesn’t mean any of you are off the hook.”

“Yeah, you tell them.” Mokuba agreed.

“At last, Mokuba.” That said, hearing one of his long-term projects was now ready had abided Seto slightly in the moment. “My virtual adventure game is ready to be tested.”

With that, he took his leave of the conference room with Mokuba following. “Wait up Seto!”

Just because the Big 5 hadn’t expected Seto to return, it didn’t mean they hadn’t prepared for it. With the surprise of his return, it just took a moment for them to put said plan into action. Now, Seto was willingly going to jump right in. The brothers soon entered an elevator heading down.

“Seto, you just got back.” Mokuba tried to reason. “Why must you try it out right now?”

“You don’t need to worry about it.” Seto assured.

“But it could be a trap.” Mokuba replied.

“You’re forgetting, little brother.” Seto stated. “I designed every line of code myself.” The elevator stopped and they walked out. “You know how long I’ve waited for this moment.” They entered the virtual pod’s room. “Now, it’s finished at last.”

Kaiba got on in before a rather large helmet and metal came over the top halve of himself.

“If you have a dueling deck, please insert it into the drive recognizer now.”

Kaiba did just that with his own cards, and they were sealed within.

“All systems are a go.” The pod rose. “Virtual screen closing.”

The pod closed and it turned to face Mokuba at the controls.

“Get ready Mokuba.” Seto declared.

“Virtual screen locked. Reality uplink loading.”

“Big brother, are you positive about this?” Mokuba asked uncertainly.

“Absolutely.” Seto responded. “Now, start it up.”

“Okay then.” Mokuba responded still worried.

“I won’t be long.” Seto assured.

Normally, his brother’s words always assured Mokuba whenever he was worried, but this time felt different. Still, he proceeded hitting the lever, and there was a brilliant light as Seto’s mind was sent to the virtual game.

Duel Monster Quest: Forest
Seto materialized in the middle of a forest with a circular device on his wrist which held his deck and read 2000 life points.

“Visuals? Check. Sound? Check. Life Points? Check.” Seto proceeded. “So far, so good.” He eventually stopped as he came across a Two-Headed King Rex(ATK 1600). “Excellent. Just as programmed.” He drew from his deck and held a card. “I summon Blade Knight(ATK 2000).”

While not Blade Knight’s usual ATK, Kaiba had to take liberties with certain cards in terms of how they’d function here. One such liberty happened to give a monster that typically tied with 1600 ATK, unless his own ability was in effect, an advantage here.

The light blue armored knight appeared and rushed forward cutting the opposing Dinosaur down in one, fell swoop securing his victory in this encounter. Not even a moment later, Armed Ninja came streaking along the trees before throwing out a card.

“I didn’t design this.” Kaiba declared. “Attack.” Before Blade Knight could attempt to slay the ninja, the card he threw activated being Fissure which instantly destroyed Kaiba’s monster. “Someone must have reprogramed the game’s combat protocols.”

The ninja suddenly landed next to Seto before throwing a net over him. He attempted to go for his deck, but the net discharged electricity into him.

Kaiba Corp.
Mokuba recognized his brother was in pain. “Seto!” Before he could run to check on him, the room was locked down. “What?”

Nearby monitors came to life showing the Big 5.

“Your brother’s obsession with technology has always been his greatest weakness.” Crump stated.

“What did you do!?” Mokuba shouted.

“Seto should have heeded your warning.” Nezbitt responded. “Now, it’s far too late as we’ve imprisoned his mind within his own game.”

“Yes, thanks to a few modifications we made.” Gansley added. “With you as our prisoner once again, there is no one to stop us from taking over Kaiba Corp.”

Mokuba stared at Seto worriedly. “Big brother.”

It wasn’t long before he could see lights flashing at the door as someone was accessing it, and they likely weren’t here to help either of them. Mokuba knew what he had to do as he opened the pod and removed his brother’s deck.

Conference Room
Gansley picked up the phone. “Report?”

“Mokuba Kaiba escaped through the ventilation shaft, and he took his brother’s deck with him.”

“Then, find him idiots.” Gansley declared.

“Relax.” Johnson commented. “We don’t need to find little Mokuba because he’ll come back soon enough. After all, we have his brother. The only way to rescue him is by using the virtual pod to play and beat the game. That is quite impossible.”

Kame Game
Sunset just got done telling her friends about what she realized. “…Now, I’m thinking I should call to schedule that duel.”

“I say go for it.” Joey declared.

“Hold on.” Tea voiced. “I know you’re now certain Helios is her brother, but you should still be careful about this just in case.”

“That would probably…” Yugi began.

They stopped as the front door opened revealing a tired and soaked Mokuba. “Please, help me.”

“Mokuba?” Yugi asked concerned.

Apartment
Turns out Sunset wasn’t the only one who needed to talk about brother figures, and given the severity of the situation, it was clearly more pressing of a matter.

“So, you’re saying the only way Seto can escape is by winning the game.” Yugi commented stunned.

“If those creeps reprogrammed the adventure just to keep him there, then how is that possible?” Tea asked.

“I don’t know, but I thought maybe you guys could help.” Mokuba voiced.

“Take it easy Mokuba.” Solomon spoke gently. “We’ll help. Now, tell us more about this virtual pod.”

“I don’t know much about it specifically, but Seto spent countless hours on the prototypes trying to make them perfect.” Mokuba informed.

“Prototypes?” Joey asked. “So, there are more of them virtual pods?”

“In his personal lab.” Mokuba nodded as tears came to his eyes. “It was my brother’s dream to create the world’s first virtual game, but those jerks turned it into a nightmare.”

“Then, let’s go wake him up.” Sunset voiced drawing everyone’s attention. “If the game is designed to keep Seto prisoner, we’ll tip the scales in his favor by entering the game to rescue him.”

“We did beat Pegasus at his own game, so I think beating the Big 5 at a game that isn’t even there’s should be doable.” Yugi agreed.

Mokuba smiled. “Thanks guys.”

Domino City: Streets
Everyone had an umbrella now as Solomon was there to see the group off.

“We’ll be back soon Grandpa.” Yugi declared.

“You kids be careful.” Solomon called out.

“We will.” Yugi retorted.

Solomon smiled. “Just when I think I can’t be any prouder of those kids.”

As they ran, Sunset decided to ask about the game. “Is there anything we should know about the game that you haven’t told us yet?”

“I’ll tell you everything I know.” Mokuba responded. “It’s called Duel Monster Quest. Anyone who owns their own deck will start off with a massive advantage by placing them in their virtual pod’s deck slots. Once you are in the game, you can want any card from your deck.

It’ll then be moved to the top where you can draw it. Every player can only summon one monster at a time, so any extra deck methods must be performed from the hand. If your monster is destroyed by battle or card effect, you’ll nee a card effect to use them again.

Conversely, successfully bypassing an encounter means you can call you monsters back, but they can’t be returned during an encounter unless an effect you use allows it. Any spells and traps, once used, are also gone unless gotten back through an effect.

“It means managing your resources could be crucial.” Yugi reasoned. “In certain situations, it could be wiser to reserve stronger monsters.”

“What happens if you use up all the cards you could use or don’t have a deck?” Joey asked.

“The game has a currency systems and vendors.” Mokuba stated. “Though it is in beta meaning the only way to get that money currently is by beating monsters within the game. I think I also remember Seto mentioning there were events where cards or currency could be earned.

Anyways, in battle the attacks of the two monsters are subtracted from each other. If your monster is destroyed, any remaining ATK left with the opposing monster is subtracted from your life points. If your monster has enough ATK to cover it, they can take down multiple monsters.

You start with 2000 life points, and the only way to currently recover it is card effects. If you lose all your life points, you lose the game. If we run into monsters, they can attack us directly. When it comes to battling other players, you cannot launch direct attacks. That’s all I got.”

“It was more than enough.” Yugi stated. “At least we won’t be going in blind.”

“As for anything you might not have known, we’ll tackle them together.” Sunset added.

Kaiba’s Private Lab
“This is it.” Mokuba announced as they approached a gate. “My brother’s personal laboratory. He doesn’t like people poking around, but I used to sneak in all the time.” He climbed up and dropped down the other side before unlocking it. “This way.”

They ran to the smaller building and proceeded within heading down the hallways to a room with three virtual pods. Mokuba turned on the lights.

“Whoa, so those are the prototypes.” Joey stated amazed.

“Let’s see…” Mokuba ran to the console and smiled. “Yep, just like the model my brother’s in.”

“Considering there’s no reliable way to get currency in there, I guess this means its Yugi, Sunset, and I who will be entering.” Joey reasoned.

“One of you will have to sub out with me.” Mokuba spoke up drawing their attention. “Unless you’ve forgotten, I have my own deck.”

“You’re also the one who knows how to work these things, so you should stay.” Joey voiced.

“It’s my brother we’re going to save.” Mokuba had a firm look in his eyes. “Seto came to get me personally and gave his very soul trying to achieve it. That’s why I can’t stay out here.”

“Considering what Mokuba told us about the guards, I’d feel safer having Joey and Tristan out here.” Sunset reasoned.

“They would have a better time of it together.” Yugi added. “With them potentially taking on any guards from the front, Tea would have an easier time finding some way she could help them.”

“Eh, alright.” Joey smiled. “You three go on in, and we’ll keep your bodies safe.”

Yugi, Sunset, and Mokuba each took a virtual pod of their own where they inserted their respective decks.

“You two had better be careful.” Tea stated concerned.

“We’ll be fine.” Sunset assured her.

“Yeah, don’t worry about a thing.” Yugi added. “We’ll have Kaiba rescued in no time.”

“Do it Tristan.” Mokuba spoke up.

“Right.” Tristan activated the machine causing the helmets and screens to fall. “Virtual upload, now!”

Conference Room
“Ah, Kaiba’s personal lab.” Johnson smiled. “See, Mokuba returned just as I said he would.”

“Yes, but he brought help among which is Yugi Muto.” Crump retorted.

“Don’t worry.” Johnson assured. “Once security gets down there and unplugs those pods, they’ll have no way back.”

Duel Monster Quest: Forest
Sunset, Yugi, and Mokuba appeared within the forest and had no troubles making it to a graveyard.

“It’s hard to believe this is all virtual rather than reality.” Yugi voiced.

“Seto would have to know what he’s doing with this stuff to invent the hologram technology we’ve use to duel with at those arenas.” Sunset voiced. “If anything, I’m betting that was a breakthrough when it came to creating all of this.”

Suddenly, there was cracking ground nearby as Zombie Mammoth(ATK 1900), Zombie Master(ATK 1800), and Paladin of Cursed Dragon(ATK 1900) appeared.

“Alright, time to put this to the test.” Sunset drew. “Elemental Hero Striking Sparkman(ATK 1900) appear and take down Zombie Master.”

“I summon Zombyra the Dark(ATK 2100).” Yugi added. “Go for Cursed Dragon.”

“My best option is Ancient Crimson Ape(ATK 2600).” Mokuba declared. “Destroy Zombie Mammoth.”

Striking Sparkman blasted Zombie Master with Lightning, Zombyra punched a hole clean through Paladin of Cursed Dragon, and Ancient Crimson Ape came down hammer fisting into Zombie Mammoth’s back. All three monsters were destroyed only to reform.

“They’re back!” Mokuba exclaimed.

Zombie Mammoth(ATK 2200 effect)
Zombie Master(ATK 2100 effect)
Paladin of Cursed Dragon(ATK 2200 effect)

They got a power boost to.” Yugi added. “Since Zombyra did destroy one, he loses 200 ATK.”

Zombyra the Dark(ATK 1900 effect)

“It must be an effect of the area we’re in.” Sunset reasoned. “We’re in a graveyard, so restoring them with a buff must be an effect unique to zombie monsters around her.”

The three zombies were gearing up for an attack.

“I know what to do.” Yugi drew a card since he didn’t think losing any life points at this time would be wise. “I activate Monster Recovery returning every monster on the field back to our decks.”

“Yugi?” Mokuba asked.

“Sorry, but I needed to get Zombyra and Striking Sparkman off the field.” Yugi declared. “Now, everyone summon a monster strong enough to destroy them at once. Then, I’ll make sure they can’t come back. I summon Gaia the Fierce Knight(ATK 2300).”

“Right.” Sunset drew. “I summon “Elemental Hero Cutting Bladedge(ATK 2600).”

“We don’t have much to lose at this point.” Mokuba redrew his last card. “I resummon Ancient Crimson Ape(ATK 2600).”

This time the zombies were charging in, so the monsters lept to defend their owners. Gaia skewered Zombie Master, Bladedge cut Zombie Mammoth to pieces, and Ancient Crimson Ape hammer fisted Paladin of Cursed Dragon. Naturally, the monsters began to reform.

This is where Yugi drew another spell. “I activate Soul Release allowing me to banish up to five destroyed monsters. I use it on all three zombies ensuring they can’t come back.”

The dust that was the three monsters dissipated at that leaving the three duelists as the victers. They all celebrated their win before noticing a rotating card which depicted five gold.

“Look, it’s currency.” Mokuba voiced.

“Hopefully we can use it.” Sunset voiced as she picked it up.

“Hey, I think there’s something over there.” Yugi pointed out.

That drew everyone’s attention to a cross shaped headstone where they saw a small pixie.

“Seems she wants us to follow.” Sunset voiced.

The fairy nodded before taking off.

“Then, let’s go.” Yugi declared.

The trio ran after her; however, the fairy proceeded to get further and further away. Eventually, as they broke the tree line onto a cliff, she was gone.

“Aw, we couldn’t keep up.” Mokuba voiced.

“I think it should be fine.” Sunset had walked to the edge of the cliff. “Seems to me she did her job by leading us exactly where we need to be.”

The other two joined her and they stared out at a city in the distance.

“It’s an entire, virtual city.” Yugi nodded. “Seems as promising a way to progress as any.”

Desert City
The trio walked on into the city only to stop at a stand selling cards.

“Look, it’s one of the card vendors.” Yugi noted.

“Seems fair enough on this end.” Sunset remarked. “The stronger cards, at minimum, cost a good two thousand while anything lower starts to see decreased prices. Still more encounters or greater drops would be nice. We can’t buy anything with merely 5 gold.”

“Rather than focusing on that, let’s keep our minds on finding my brother.” Mokuba retorted.

“Right, we’ll split up and comb this town for clues.” Yugi declared. “These types of games always reward that kind of effort, so leave no virtual resident unspoken to. When we’re done, we’ll meet at the water fountain.”

Later…
The trio scoured the entire town with Sunset questioning monks, getting booted from a bar, & speaking with old people, Mokuba talked with kids & got chased by dogs, and Yugi did various odd requests around town. Eventually, Mokuba met up with Yugi rubbing his bottom.

“Did you find anything Mokuba?” Yugi questioned.

“Other than the dogs around here not liking me, I got nothing.” Mokuba stared at his deck holder. “Thankfully, they aren’t registered as enemies; otherwise, I’d be out of life points.”

“I managed to get some information.” Sunset informed as she joined the pair. “One of the monks I spoke to informed me a man with a prisoner passed into the desert and was heading to the mountain. Apparently, there’s some temple up there.”

“That’s great!” Mokuba smiled. “We should hurry.”

Mokuba attempted to run, but Sunset grabbed him by the back of the shirt. “Easy Mokuba.” He looked back at her. “That’s not all. The desert is treacherous to cross on foot, so we need to acquire the Niwatori card. The only way to get it is by beating the champ at the coliseum.”

“Of course.” Yugi nodded. “There are many games that throw in a barrier when they want you to interact with the environment.”

Virtual Pod Room
“They’ve been gone for a while.” Tea commented. “I hope they’re all okay.”

“Eh, I wouldn’t worry about them.” Joey responded. “Yugi might love duel monsters, but he’s played his fair share of video games. With Mokuba knowing at least most of the rules, they should be fine.”

“Not to mention Sunset’s got a good head on her shoulder.” Tristan nodded. “I’m positive those three got this.”

Suddenly, they could hear something out in the hall prompting them to slyly look out. It was members of security talking about how they’d get a bonus for this.

“We got company.” Joey commented.

“Let’s lock the door and set up a barricade.” Tristan stated.

Tea nodded. “Good idea.”

Desert Town
“One of you as a coliseum warrior?” The group were meeting with the owner who Sunset knew Rarity would be ‘less than pleased’ to meet. “This city takes its matches seriously. Of course, it has been a moment since our latest champ got a challenge. Far be it for me to stand in her way.” He produced some items and gave them to Yugi. “Here is your combat mask and cape.”

“Whoa, is this stuff really necessary?” Yugi asked.

“Yeah, if you’re going to lose all your life points, you might as well look like a hero.” The owner responded.

“If that’s what’s required, I’ll do it.” Yugi declared.

“Thanks Yugi.” Mokuba stated.

“Don’t worry about it.” Yugi assured. “Someone has to, and I was handed this outfit.”

Coliseum
Sunset and Mokuba entered the stands of the arena where most of the audience was cheering. Clearly, they were seeking the thrill of a battle; however, one person was different. Beyond being a bit more relaxed in comparison, Sunset spotted a deck holder on his arm.

It was likely this was another player, but he didn’t strike Sunset as someone working for the Big Five. Still, she took precautions by pointing him out and motioning Mokuba to keep his deck holder out of sight with her. After all, he hadn’t noticed them yet like she had noticed him.

This duelist was a guy with short brown hair, dark green eyes, and a rather lanky frame. He currently wore black pants with a long sleeved green shirt underneath a blue apron, which you’d commonly see on an engineer, and blue goggles were atop his head.

“Ladies and gentlemen!” The owner declared. “We have at last found a soul brave enough to challenge our champion. I present to you a pig with absolute determination and will, Senior Porky!”

Yugi walked on out dressed in the attire which had thankfully shrunk to fit his frame.

“More like Senior Shrimpy.”

“No joke. The champ will end this in seconds.”

“Don’t listen to them!” Sunset shouted. “You got this Yugi!”

“Now, introducing our undefeated champ.” The owner continued. “The monarch of grace.” A palanquin was being led out with the silhouette of some woman sitting on her knees within. “An insect who proved herself a queen of the avian species. Madame Butterfly!”

The crowd was cheering louder, and that only grew as a pale lady stepped out of the palanquin upon it being set down. Something about the long side ponytail and blue eyes peering out at him from behind the pink butterfly mask were familiar to Yugi.

He wasn’t quite placing it even with her attire consisting of navy blue, old style Spanish armor with purple trim. Aside from the style, the color was familiar. It was a curious case as a name was on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn’t fully conjure it.

“So, you’re my next opponent.” The female smiled. “It has been a minute since anyone challenged me.” She put her hand on her deck. “I do sincerely hope you are good enough to test this new deck I was given.”

With that, she drew her card. This momentarily shoved any thoughts of figuring out where he’d met this female before. Right now, he needed to focus on getting that prize card to allow the three of them to proceed.

Author's Note:

Meeting Helios gave Sunset's mind that last push to conjure the actual first memory she really has. While this does certainly answer quite a few of her questions, it only opens up more and complicates any questions that remain.

Of course, now is not the time to get answers since Seto has been trapped in a game of his own design. All I got to say is that Mokuba seemed to understand a fair bit of the game, yet in the actual arc he didn't tell them much of anything until situations arose.

Considering they got to make the journey back to Kaiba Corp. might as well have him explain it. Of course, I added a few of my own ideas in to mainly ensure we'd get a wide range of cards used between these three.

I think such rules as I listed them would make sense for a game like this. The last couple of things to really touch on involve the coliseum. The champ of it isn't Mai, but they are someone Yugi met on Duelist Kingdom.

The guy Sunset saw in the stands is a new OC, Nostalgia Heaven, who was created by WarriorofFaith18. Both already have altered attires, beyond a simple cape like Mai had initially, to signify they've been in the game for a little a bit at this point.

Note: Battle City will kick off sooner than I've alluded to in prior notes. After some thinking, once this mini videogame arc ends, I'm foreseeing at most three more chapters before Battle City preparations kick in.

Maybe it'll even be less than that. As for Battle City preparations, I'm talking the things that will lead up to Battle City. Certain people entering, checking in back in Canterlot, potential introductions of new OCs, and so on.

Note Note: I still have 19 decks to either create or update for Battle City. I needed a break from that, so here's the next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next