• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,148 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,148

PreviousChapters Next
History Repeats

Domino Airport: Day…
A woman with long black hair that trails just below her shoulders walked into the airport, after departing her flight, accompanied by her men. She has a slender build and tanned skin. She was currently wearing the Millennium Necklace and a long, ankle length dress.

“On behalf of the Domino Museum, we welcome you to Japan, Ishizu Ishtar.”

“Thank you, but we should get to business.” Ishizu declared.

“Of course. I must say we were pleasantly surprised you choose our city to house your collections.”

“Will they be transferred safely and discreetly?” Ishizu asked.

“With your warning of thieves after your artifacts, we have taken extra precautions. I have devised an ingenious plan to transport both collections without a hint of detection. For security reasons, I cannot inform you how.”

“You’re loading them in six armored vehicles disguised as ordinary garbage trucks.” Ishizu informed. “Am I correct?”

“How did you…”

“Let’s just say I have a sixth sense about these things.” Ishizu assured. “Don’t worry, your security should be fine. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I must get to the museum to set up the exhibits.”

Sunset’s Apartment: Evening…
Sunset had just returned home from hanging out with her friends and flipped on the TV which was tuned to a news channel.

“In today’s news, Ishizu Ishtar, of the Egyptian Historical Society, appeared at Domino Museum to announce the opening of two new exhibits. One is her highly anticipated Egyptian Exhibit while the second is the British Historical Society’s own Great Britian Exhibit.”

“That necklace.” That drew Sunset’s full attention to the program as Ishizu appeared. “That looks like a Millennium Item.”

“Duel monster fans are especially invited as this world premiere showcases newly discovered and never before seen artifacts.” Ishizu informed. “They chronicle a through line of games between Egypt and Great Britan…

Kaiba Corp.: Seto’s Office
At the same, Mokuba was watching the program while Seto worked at his desk.

“…In both cases, these games were not played for fun.” Ishizu continued. “In ancient Egypt, everyone from princes to peasants wagered land, wealth, and especially power. In the case of Great Britain, they were used as warfare. The most notable instance is The War of the Roses.

The historical community is starting to come around to these being examples of history repeating itself as a mighty pharaoh of Egypt and a true king of Britan arose to quell the darkness through these games. Of course, further study is required to solidify this ideal.”

“We have to check out those exhibits Seto.” Mokuba spoke up. “They sound awesome.”

“I’m busy running a company and innovating technology Mokuba.” Seto retorted. “I don’t have time for mummies and pharaohs.”

“Oh, I thought you’d be interested.” Mokuba turned back to the TV. “Whatever.”

At that moment, Seto’s phone rang prompting him to answer. “Kaiba.”

“This is Ishizu Ishtar.” Ishizu responded. “You should really pay closer attention to my press conference.”

“How did you know I was watching?” Seto asked as he turned to said TV.

“I’m personally inviting Seto Kaiba to this evening’s private exhibit.” The Ishizu on the TV informed. “I promise that what he sees will change his life forever.”

“I know your passion for duel monsters.” Ishizu stated over the phone. “If you’re interested in owning a monster stronger than practically any other that exist, you’ll attend.”

Domino Museum: Night…
Seto was intrigued enough to make the journey out to the museum. Upon arrival, his driver opened his door.

“We’ve arrived sir.”

“Keep the engine running.” Seto ordered. “I won’t be long.”

“Yes sir.”

Seto then strolled on in and was met by Ishizu who was flanked by two of her men. “Thank you for coming, Seto Kaiba.”

“Where are the other guests?” Seto asked.

“I said this was a private exhibition.” Ishizu responded. “You were the only one invited because it makes conducting business easier.”

Two more of her men moved to stand near the entrance Seto had stepped through.

“We locked all the entrances.”

“Nobody is allowed in or out.”

“It’s only been a minute, yet I’m already bored.” Seto commented. “If you don’t tell me what this is about, I’m leaving.”

“Excuse us.” Ishizu responded genuinely. “We’ve faced a string of thefts, so we must be careful. You may leave any time you wish; however, I believe it would be in your best interest to see all that we have to offer.”

“Really now?” Kaiba smirked at that. “How do you know what’s best for me?”

“Please, come this way.” Ishizu voiced before walking off, and he decided to follow. “Kaiba, do you believe in destiny?”

“Does it matter?” Kaiba retorted.

“Ancient Egyptians believed one’s life was predetermined because history repeats itself throughout the ages in a never-ending circle.” Ishizu informed. “They would say it was not your choice to come here. That it was destined we meet.”

“All that nonsense might interest you, but I haven’t come for history 101.” Seto stopped prompting her to do the same. “I’m here because you spoke of a card supposedly more powerful than any other in the game.”

“All in due time.” Ishizu assured him. “Duel Monsters have a rich history with Earth dating back as far as 10,000 years; however, it was the games 3000 thousand years ago which inspired Maxamillion Pegasus to create the way in which these battles play out today.”

“What’s your point?” Seto asked.

“I’m getting to it.” Ishizu assured. “Unbeknownst to most duelists, Pegasus created 3 cards which were never released to the public. Keep following, and I will reveal why I’ve called you here.”

With the promise of something on three supposedly powerful cards, it was enough to keep Seto’s interest. He would continue to go along with this for a little while longer at least. He ended up following her into a restricted section.

“I’ve secured the most important artifacts here.” Ishizu informed. “It was not our destiny to discover anything related to events ten thousand years ago, but we’ve secured much in the way of important objects from two other points in time.

Stone carvings which depict the games playing in Ancient Egypt and paintings which detail The War of Roses fought in Great Britain. I’m sure both will be quite familiar, and I assure you that what you are about to see is quite real.”

Seto hummed at that before walking into the dark room. Once the lights came on, he was genuinely stunned by what he saw. There were ancient carvings of duel monster cards and paintings clearly depicting the monsters.

“It can’t be.” Seto was wide eyed. “These carvings look like duel monster cards, and these paintings clearly depict the monsters themselves as though they were summoned. This means your stories are true.”

“I’ve seen you’ve come to your senses.” Ishizu stated pleased. “From what little I understand of their history, a civilization was able to call upon these monsters 10,000 years ago. Egypt would find their way to do so 7,000 years later.

Roughly 1,500 years down the line, Europe found theirs. Now, we live in the fourth. Through studying what the Ancient Egyptians left behind, Maxamillion Pegasus birthed the new way to achieve what three other societies already have.

Throughout all four eras, the souls of three have remained constant. If you would simply come here to have a look at this painting and stone carving, respectively, I believe you will know exactly who I am referring to.”

Seto walked over and cast his gaze to a new stone carving and painting only to be stunned once more by what he saw. Clearly art style and attire differed depending on the era; however, the features and duel monsters depicted were unmistakable.

Between both there was himself, Yugi, and Sunset with Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Dark magician, and Elemental Hero Blazeman. In the painting, it depicted that version of Yugi and Sunset standing against him. In the tablet, they were united.

“Whatever he was 10,000 years ago, the pharaoh of 3000 years ago, and the king of roughly 550 years ago is constant while the other two souls differ in how their destinies intertwin with his. The important one to the darkness of today is the life 3000 years ago.

The hieroglyphics read that the mighty sorcerer marched into the pharaoh’s chamber challenging him, his noble magicians, and steadfast warrior to a mighty duel with the fate of the world at stake. The Pharoah accepted, and the battle began.

Both opponents unleashed their most powerful monsters against each other. The sorcerer fought to control the world while the pharaoh, his steadfast warrior, and followers fought to save it. Now, 3000 years later this ancient battle is being played out again.”

“I can’t deny what you’ve shown me, but as far as I’m concerned, all of these are just relics of the past.” Seto turned his back on her. “Think of this as someone else’s destiny if you wish, but I craft my own.” He started walking. “I do whatever I want to do.”

“Kaiba, I thought what you wanted were powerful monsters.” Ishizu enticed stopping him. “Monsters that surpass practically any other. What if I told you they were before your very eyes all this time?’

“What?” Seto asked.

“Take a look at the top.” Ishizu voiced. “They were the strongest and most fear creatures of Ancient Egypt. Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, and The Winged Dragon of Ra. Control 1, and you can obliterate armies. Wield all three, and the planet shall quake in fear.”

“Those are the monsters Pegasus turned into cards?” Seto asked. “If he had them, why wouldn’t he have used them in any of his duels on Duelist Kingdom?”

“It’s because Pegasus feared the power of these cards.” Ishizu retorted. “You cannot fathom the magical energy contained within, and he could not control their power. They threatened to overwhelm and destroy him.”

“Cards that make even Pegasus quake in his boots.” Seto thought. “If I can obtain those three legendary monsters, I’d be unstoppable. Yugi and Sunset wouldn’t stand a chance, but how do I get them? I can’t ask Pegasus since he’s seemingly dropped off the face of the Earth.”

“I can see it in your eyes.” Ishizu voiced. “You want to know where the cards are, but you must look no further. I was who he entrusted them to. Pegasus realized if they fell into the wrong hands, they could bring about the end of the world. That is why he had me bury them in secret locations; however, they were discovered. That is why I must find and hide them once again.”

“Who found the cards?” Seto asked.

“The Rare Hunters.” Ishizu informed. “They’re a ruthless, underground sect of elite duelists who rob and steal cards to sell on the black market. Naturally, they keep the strongest cards for themselves. They operate in the shadows making them nearly impossible to find.

That is why I need your help to draw them into the open. Kaiba, if you were to host a tournament, your reputation would attract the best and those with high value cards in general. All those powerful cards in one, convenient location.”

“I see.” Seto understood. “It’s a trap. One the Rare Hunters could not resist. They’ll come by the droves and bring with them the Egyptian God Cards.”

“One last thing.” Ishizu approached and took out a card. “Take this card.”

“Can it be?” Seto was stunned again as he accepted it. “Obelisk the Tormentor? I thought they were stolen.”

“I never said all of them were.” Ishizu retorted. “I managed to retrieve one in time. You may borrow it for the tournament, but I will expect it back after.”

“It’s not every day a card like this is handed to me.” Seto retorted. “What if I chose to keep it? What makes you think I can be trusted? I could simply walk out, and you’d never see it again.”

“That is a risk, but it is one I am willing to take.” Ishizu voiced genuinely. “If you do keep it, better it be in your hands that that of the Rare Hunters.”

Seto tucked the card away before walking to the exit. “I’ll organize this tournament.”

“I thank you.” Ishizu responded.

“Don’t get it twisted as I’m not setting it up based on the past.” Seto declared. “What I want is to know beyond a shadow of a doubt I am the number one duelist.”

Seto had defeated Yugi on Duelist Kingdom, but he then lost to Pegasus. Not long after, Yugi and Sunset would best that man in a tag duel. To him, that muddied his ascent back to the number 1 spot. Now, he’d host this tournament to get the god cards and prove he was number 1.

Domino Academy: Next Day, After School…
Joey, Tristan, and Tea were put on mop duty before they could head home for the day. Not that the latter of them particularly minded much considering a dreadful storm blew in. Might as well hang around for a bit of work to let it clear. Beyond that, Joey seemed particularly happy.

“Joey, we’re on mop duty.” Tristan reminded. “What are you so happy about?”

“Well, my sister Serenity is finally getting her eye operation.” Joey informed. “She’s not going to lose her eye sight.”

“That’s sweat!” Tristan exclaimed. “When do we visit?”

“It’s not the easy.” Joey looked out a nearby window. “My mom’s going to be there. Ever since she left with Serenity, we haven’t seen eye to eye.”

“Joey, you can’t let some bad blood with your mother prevent you from finally seeing your sister after all this time.” Tea reasoned genuinely. “It’s been years, and I know you’ll regret not seeing her over something like this.”

“You’re right Tea.” Joey sighed before smiling. “No matter how awkward seeing ma again might be, I can’t give up the opportunity to see my sister.” His mind turned to Helios and even Seto. “Especially with guys like them doing everything for their siblings. I can’t do any less for mine.”

Entrance
Sunset stood at the usual entrance waiting Yugi which fortunately didn’t take long. “Sunset, what’s up? Did you forget your umbrella?”

“Nah, I was just waiting for you.” Sunset voiced. “Yesterday evening, I caught a news program informing people that two new exhibits have opened at the museum. They’re based around Ancient Egypt and Great Britian.”

“Two exhibits on history!?” Yugi exclaimed as he understood why Sunset was bringing this up.

“I knew you’d get it.” Sunset voiced. “What’s more, the person who brought them, Ishizu Ishtar, was wearing a Millennium Item. Unlike with Pegasus, I don’t get bad vibes from her, so I think it might be worth checking out.”

“Based on what I’m hearing, we might just learn a lot.” Yugi nodded. “Should we go check it out now?”

Sunset took out her umbrella. “Let’s get going.”

Domino Museum
Eventually, the rain let up before ultimately ceasing as Yugi and Sunset made it to the museum. People were abound checking out the exhibits. It wasn’t long before Yami took over and started progressing towards the same exhibit Kaiba had been taken to the night prior.

“Yugi?” Sunset asked.

“I sense something within here.” Yami responded.

Sunset glanced around the immediate hallway, but she saw no one. “Alright, let’s hurry on down before someone sees then.”

They hustled on down to the room and saw everything Seto had prior. The Egyptian and European depiction of duel monsters as well as the two other versions of themselves and Seto which were depicted clear as day.

“It’s two other variations.” Yami commented.

“Two different past lives for each of us and Seto.” Sunset noted. “Though, the European version of Yugi doesn’t have the Millennium Puzzle.”

“These are extensive clues, but I wish I could decipher its meaning.” Yami voiced. “Just when I think I’ve found one answer, many more crop up.”

“My pharaoh, I’ve been expecting you.” Ishizu voiced shocking the pair.

They turned to face her seeing she now held a Millennium Scale as well.

Yami asked, “Who are you?”

“That’s Ishizu Ishtar.” Sunset answered for her. “She’s the one who brought these exhibits here.”

“Beyond my name, I have uncovered much concerning both of you through my Millennium Necklace.” Ishizu added.

“That necklace does not appear to be the only Millennium Item you own though.” Yami noted.

“I do not hold the Millennium Scales as I do the Millennium Necklace.” Ishizu voiced. “I was merely tasked to hold it until I met the next life of its prior holder. The one who shall now safeguard it for the pharaoh.”

“You mean me?” Sunset asked.

“Indeed.” Ishizu nodded. “Your past life once held this item as a trusted friend to the pharaoh. Destiny decrees you shall now hold it once again until the pharaoh has need of it. Before I entrust it to you, there is more I must say.

Through my Millennium Necklace, I have gazed into the past when evil sorcerers threatened to destroy the world. Fortunately, a pharaoh possessed a magic strong enough to stop them. That Pharoah was you, Yami. The time has come for you to rescue mankind again.”

“To rescue mankind from what?” Yami asked. “How do you know the world is in danger?”

“My Millennium Necklace shows what had happened in past and the many paths that flow into the future.” Ishizu informed. “No matter what future I see, they involve the events of the past occurring once again. The great evil will return to threaten us.”

“How would I recognize this evil?” Yami asked.

“I know your memory has faded, and that you seek many answers.” Ishizu informed. “I also know that a duel monster’s tournament will soon begin. If you get far enough, you shall find your answers. When you both return to your respective homes, you shall find an invitation.”

She then presented Sunset with the Millennium Scales, and the hero user accepted them. “As for you, take your destiny and continue to aid the pharaoh. He will need powerful allies by his side, and you are indeed rather powerful.” She then turned and walked away. “Farewell.”

“Well, I accepted this Millennium Item, but it seems a bit cumbersome to carry like this.” Almost as soon as those words left her mouth, there was a white glow around the item and it was converted into a bracelet. “Oh no, did my magic just break the item!?”

“Let me see it.” Yami voiced.

Sunset immediately passed the item to him, but the moment it left her hand, there was a white glow as it reverted to normal.

“Now, it’s back to normal.” Yami noted. “Perhaps your request for ease of carry resonated with your magic. Your desires have activated it prior after all securing Blue-Eyes Whie Dragon and my puzzle.”

He passed the scales back to Sunset and it reverted to a bracelet. “That is does make sense.” She put the bracelet on. “At least this will make it easier to protect. Especially since it seems we’re heading into another tournament.”

“It is one I believe may be even more dangerous than Duelist Kingdom.” Yami noted. “Regardless of danger, it is evident this is something we cannot miss.”

Sunset nodded. “Just as I participated in Duelist Kingdom, I’m more than willing to do the same now.”

What Sunset said was true; however, part of her wanted to see if she could win the tournament this time. In theory, it should be possible considering she managed to be the runner up at Duelist Kingdom. To improve her chances, she knew it was time to add the Masked Heroes to her deck.

“Let’s head to our homes and see what these invitations are about.” Yami declared.

Both now took their leave.

California
Arctic Ace had just returned to the family home. “Thunder, I’m back!” The female spellcaster user closed the door behind him before noticing his little brother on the couch flashing him a smirk. “What’s with that look?”

“Oh, I was just wondering how my big bro’s date turned out.” Thunder responded with a chuckle.

Ever since they returned from Duelist Kingdom, Arctic had kept in touch with Sonata and sometimes they would meet up. “For the last time, it wasn’t a date.”

“Come on, it was totally a date.” Thunder retorted. “Why else would Sonata want you to come alone?”

“She just wanted to hang out with only one of us, and I happened to be the one she picked.” Arctic retorted.

Thunder stood and approached his brother before leaning on him. “She sure seems to pick you a lot.”

“That’s because, no offense as I do love you, you’re not exactly the easiest guy to talk to at times.” Arctic responded before glancing at his brother a bit bashfully. “Though, I will admit that it was nice to spend some time alone with her.”

“Heh, I knew it.” Thunder flashed a cheeky grin as he wrapped an arm around his big brother’s neck. ‘You do like her. Heck, looking back on Duelist Kingdom, it’s plain to see you both enjoyed each other’s company.”

Arctic rolled his eyes before looking away slightly. He couldn’t deny what his brother was saying, and it certainly got him thinking about Sonata. In particular, he did have to admit she had a rather cute smile. Without him knowing, he started to smile warmly and go red faced.

“Oh my, is that a bit of red I see?” Thunder asked smugly.

“Quiet you.” Arctic declared before getting out from under his brother. “I’m going upstairs.” He walked to the stairs. “By the way, you know I’m just going to get you back for this later, right?”

“I know.” Thunder smirked. “It’s worth it.”

Arctic shook his head as he walked to his room. “I can’t deny it was nice hanging with Sonata but feel there’s something bothering her.” His gaze turned to the window. “Hopefully she knows, after everything we went through, that she can tell me if there’s something wrong.”

Author's Note:

I would like to start by saying I've gone back to the end of Duelist Kingdom's chapter and did some tweaks to make Shadi a bit vaguer on Sunset in order to not change anything else before getting to this chapter. On that note, let's talk about this chapter.

A few people have liked the angle of Yugi, Sunset, and Seto forming a sort of trio while I believe one or two people expressed interest in Sunset getting the Millennium Scale as it didn't do anything in comparison to every other Millennium Item.

It merely ended up being held by Shadi who was already guardian of the Millennium Key which he actually used. Ultimately, I decided to go all the way. I was already giving Sunset a past life, so why not connect her to every past life?

Additionally, the second half of season 5's content mostly takes place in that dark board game reflecting the events of the past meaning not a lot would change if I didn't do something like this. As this story went on, I had more reasons to do this.

For those of you who think Elemental Heroes wouldn't fit in with Ancient Egypt, you got to remember that every card shown in the duel monsters era came from the discovers made in the carvings. That would include all the machine monsters.

Additionally, dragons and spellcasters, at least to me, scream more medieval than ancient Egypt, so I don't think it's particularly a problem. This chapter was also used to foreshadow future arcs. 10,000 years ago, was when Atlantis existed, so that's Waking the Dragons.

3000 years ago, is obviously tied into everything duel monsters. 550 years ago, is of course a reference to the non-canon game Duelist of the Roses which I am making roughly canon. Some things are going to be different; no one will have been pulled from a different time.

With all that out of the way, we get more build up to the coming Battle City arc with Seto getting his hands on Obelisk the Tormentor. Next chapter, Seto gets a new coat and shows us the new rules. That means the rules I did use prior are officially retired.

Note: Arctic Ace contributed the scene between his OC's while I merely refined it. With the gods introduced, I give unto you their effects!

Slifer the Sky Dragon/Divine/Level 10/Divine-Beast/Effect/ATK ?000/DEF ?000)
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon/Set. Any Extra Deck monsters Tributed to summon this card count for as many materials as you used to summon them. This monster is unaffected by Spell/Trap cards that would make them leave the field (Any other Spell/Trap effect will last until the End Phase. This monster is unaffected by monster effects unless they are a Divine-Beast. Your opponent cannot Tribute/Equip Cards/Take control of this monster. If this monster is Special Summoned in Defense when your opponent declares an attack, you switch the attack target to this special summoned card. If Special Summoned, it must return to the location it was Special Summoned from during the End Phase. The original ATK/DEF of Slifer become equal to the number of cards in your hand x 1000. If a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent’s field Face-Up: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK or DEF, depending on its position; if its ATK or DEF has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

Obelisk the Tormentor/Divine/Level 10/Divine-Beast/Effect/ATK 4000/DEF 4000)
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon/Set. Any Extra Deck monsters Tributed to summon this card count for as many materials as you used to summon them. This monster is unaffected by Spell/Trap cards that would make them leave the field (Any other Spell/Trap effect will last until the End Phase. This monster is unaffected by monster effects unless they are a Divine-Beast. Your opponent cannot Tribute/Equip Cards/Take control of this monster. If this monster is Special Summoned in Defense when your opponent declares an attack, you switch the attack target to this special summoned card. If Special Summoned, it must return to the location it was Special Summoned from during the End Phase. When this monster declares an attack, you can apply one of the following effects:
· (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 2 other monsters you control; this card’s ATK becomes infinity until the end of the damage step.
· (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 2 other monsters you control; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of this card, then destroy all monsters they control.

The Winged Dragon of Ra/Divine/Level 10/Divine-Beast/Effect/ATK ?/DEF ?)
Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon/Set. Any Extra Deck monsters Tributed to summon this card count for as many materials as you used to summon them. This monster is unaffected by Spell/Trap cards that would make them leave the field (Any other Spell/Trap effect will last until the End Phase. This monster is unaffected by monster effects unless they are a Divine-Beast. Your opponent cannot Tribute/Equip Cards/Take control of this monster. If this monster is Special Summoned in Defense when your opponent declares an attack, you switch the attack target to this special summoned card. If Special Summoned, it must return to the location it was Special Summoned from during the End Phase. This card’s ATK/DEF become the total ATK/DEF of the monsters Tributed for its Tribute Summon. If this card is Special Summoned: You can transform it into one of these two modes and gain their effects.
· (Fusion Mode) You can pay LP so that you only have 1 left: This card gains ATK/DEF equal to the amount of LP paid; also it gains these effects:
o (This card is treated as a fusion monster.)
o If ‘De-Fusion’ targets this card, apply instead “This monster loses its Fusion Mode effects and its ATK/DEF become 0, then gain LP equal to that lost ATK
o (Quick Effect): You can tribute any number of monsters you control; this card gains original ATK/DEF equal total ATK/DEF the Tributed monsters had on the field.
o This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls (once each). Then, if there are no monsters left on the field in can attack directly.
o Any effect that increases LP is changed to increase this card’s ATK/DEF.
· (Pheonix Mode) This turn, this card in unaffected by other card effects, also you take now battle damage from battles involving it.
o When this monster declares an attack (Quick Effect): You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 other monster on the field; send it the GY.

PreviousChapters Next