• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,147 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,147

PreviousChapters Next
The Final Two

Pegasus’ Castle: Duel Arena…
“This final playoff duel between Yugi Muto and Sunset Shimmer will determine who the number one ranked duelist in the world is.” Croquet announced. “Once it’s reached the conclusion, Maxamillion Pegasus will have words to say to both finalists on tomorrow’s duel with him.”

“We’ll both need to give this better than any round prior to ensure the one moving onto face Pegasus is the best person for the job.” Yugi thought. “Just like with Joey, I won’t hold back. Whoever moves on will be ready.”

“I never imagined moving away from Canterlot would lead me here.” Sunset thought. “The person I was before Twilight would relish this opportunity. Some part of who I am now does as well; however, I’m not seeking anything more than restoring the life I lead now.

I want to return to Domino City with the friends I’ve made there and continue hanging out at the game shop with them. Win or lose, I’ll do my part in ensuring whichever of us moving on can achieve that goal. Pegasus’ captured souls will be free to return where they belong.”

“Just as he will speak at the end, your gracious host wishes to say some opening remarks now.” Croquet finished.

“Congratulations duelists for you two are the finest in the world.” Pegasus stood. “I’m aware you’ve both been giving it your all, but I am particularly interested in seeing you duel at your best now. If you give anything less, I will know.”

“With that, the match begins.” Croquet announced.

“Let’s Duel!”

(Sunset 2000/Yugi 2000)

“I’ll take this opportunity to set the stage.” Sunset drew. “I’ll summon Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/800/1200).” A hero in blue armor appeared. “When this card is summoned in anyway, and he’s the only card I control, I can draw 2 cards.

Next, I’ll activate Polymerization combining my Bubbleman on the field with Elemental Hero Voltic from my hand to bring about the freezing hero, Elemental Hero Absolute Zero(LV 7/2500/2000).” A hero decked out in ice white armor appeared.

“Whoa, she used that guy to help her beat Mako.” Joey stated.

“Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning something about that, but I don’t think you mentioned what he does.” Tristan stated.

“I didn’t?” Joey smiled. “Well, best not to ruin the surprise.”

“Now, I’ll set one face down ending my turn.” Sunset finished.

“If you’re not wasting any time, then neither will I.” Yugi drew. “I summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/3000/2500).” The white dragon with eyes of blue appeared. “Blue Eyes, destroy Zero with White Lightning!”

The white dragon fired a ball of blue-white energy at Absolute Zero.

“I was hoping by going big it’d force you to reciprocate.” Sunset declared. “I activate my Draining Shield nullifying your dragon’s attack and boost my life points by his ATK.”

The ball of energy impacted with a shield which absorbed the attack leaving Absolute Zero unharmed (Sunset 5000/Yugi 2000).

“Whoa, she just got one over on Yugi.” Tristan declared.

“It was a big one that just gave her substantial gap.” Mektaveus added.

“I suppose I should have seen that one coming given her past duels.” Yugi nodded. “With my attack prevented, I’ll set two cards to end my turn.”

“I got to keep up the pressure.” Sunset drew. “What I just got will do that nicely, but I shouldn’t forget to set a certain monster.” She took a card from her hand. “First, I’m setting one monster face down.”

“Setting a monster?” Yugi thought. “She doesn’t have the jars like Joey, and her only monster with high DEF is Crashing Clayman which she tends to hold onto. I have no idea what that could be.”

“Next, I’ll activate my Miracle Fusion allowing me to banish Elemental Heroes on my field and from the grave to Fusion summon.” Sunset declared. “I’m fusing Absolute Zero from my field with Bubbleman and Voltic from my grave. When Zero leaves the field, your monsters go with.”

“That hero can destroy an opponent’s board?” Yugi questioned stunned.

“It can do it if it leaves the field for any reason.” Sunset informed.

“Just when I think there can’t be any more powerful effects to her deck, Sunset keeps proving me wrong.” Arctic voiced.

“Wait.” Tristan stated. “The effects we’ve seen are all done by merely combining two monsters. This time, she’s using three to create this new fusion, so what effects will that have?”

“Whatever it is, they’ll be something worthy of the cost.” Tea voiced. “Given what we’ve seen, I’m positive of that.”

“Three Elemental Heroes become a unified power well beyond the sum.” Sunset continued. Fusion summon Elemental Hero Core(LV 9/2700/2200).” A white and red hero appeared on the field. “I’ll then set one card to end my turn.”

“You’ve taken the lead Sunset, but can you maintain it?” Yugi asked.

“I can certainly try.” Sunset returned.

“I suppose that is all any duelists can do, so I will try my hardest to close this gap.” Yugi drew. “I activate my first face down, Call of the Haunted. Now, I can revive my Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/3000/2500) from the grave bringing him back to the field.

I won’t simply leave him alone as I now summon Dark Magician(LV 7/2500/2100).” The purple robbed magician appeared on the field. “With these two monsters on the field, I can dish out a large amount of damage.”

“Tea, do you think that Yugi’s going to try and pull off that last play he used to beat Penumbra?” Tristan asked.

“That actually would track with how he’s talking.” Tea stated.

“What are you two talking about?” Arctic asked.

“Back when Sunset went to face Mako, Joey accompanied her while Tea and I accompanied Yugi.” Tristan voiced. “I won’t spoil it, just in case that is his intention, but I will say that should he use what we’re thinking, then Yugi isn’t wrong.”

I now activate my second face down Dark Spiral Force.” Yugi continued. “This card allows me to double the ATK of any 1 monster I control; however, Dark Magician is unable to attack this turn. I double Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/6000/2500 effect).”

“There goes the intended surprise of Core.” Sunset flipped her face down. “I activate my face down quick-play spell card, Burial from a Different Dimension. Thanks to this, I can return up to three of my banished cards back to my grave. I’ll return all three of my Heroes.”

“There must be a purpose behind that, but I can’t hold off on an attack now.” Yugi nodded. “That won’t stop my Blue-Eyes White Dragon from destroying your Elemental Hero Core and dealing massive damage. Go, White Lighting.”

“It won’t be as much as you think.” Sunset returned. “Once per turn, when this monster is targeted for an attack, I can double his ATK until the end of damage step. Go Core Booster!”

All the red on Elemental Hero Core(LV 9/5400/2200 effect) lit up as his power increased two fold; however, he was still destroyed by the ball of energy impacting into him (Sunset 4400/Yugi 2000).

“That’s not all Core does.” Sunset continued. “When he’s destroyed by battle, I can target and special summon any Level 8 or lower Elemental Hero Fusion monster from my grave no matter the summoning condition. I return Elemental Hero Absolute Zero(LV 7/2500/2000).”

“Okay, Core is just as powerful as assumed.” Joey commented.

“Now, Sunset could get rid of Absolute Zero again, or Yugi will need to do it.” Arctic voiced. “Either way, that’ll result in whatever he has on the field being destroyed.”

“I have no other choice but to set one card before ending my turn.” Yugi declared.

“I’ll admit, I thought Core would be on the field a bit longer than that.” Sunset drew. “I never saw a combo like what you attempted coming.”

“Even with all the abilities your Heroes displayed, I never once thought they’d have ones remotely like Core’s.” Yugi returned.

“With everything you’ve handled, let’s see how you deal with this.” Sunset declared. “I activate Skydive Scorcher. This spell makes me target 1 Fusion Elemental Hero I control. Then, any monsters you control with an ATK higher than that monster are destroyed.

“Considering the monster featured in that card is Flame Wingman, I can only imagine it’s about to burn my life points.” Yugi declared.

“You’d be right.” Sunset stated. “In fact, this card deals damage to my opponent equal to the ATK of the highest ATK monster destroyed. The only monster you control with more ATK than Absolute Zero is Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Let him have it!”

“If this attack gets through, Yugi loses.” Tea called out.

“Unless he can block it, you’re right.” Bakura voiced.

“I activate my face down Monster Recovery.” Yugi countered. “This quick-play has me return my hand and my monsters on the field back to my deck.” He did just that before shuffling. “Then, I’m allowed to draw 5 new cards. With Blue-Eyes gone, your card loses its target.”

“You managed to secure your life points; however, you’ve still hardly begun to dent mine.” Sunset declared. “I end my turn with one set card.”

“I’ll just have to fix that.” Yugi drew. “I’ll take a page from your book by activating Polymerization to fuse Gaia the Fierce Knight and Curse Dragon from my hand. Fusion Summon Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion(LV 7/2600/2300).”

A soldier in yellow armor and atop a red dragon appeared. “I’ll refresh you on his effects. Firstly, his name is treated as Gaia the Dragon Champion while on the field. Next, when he’s special summoned, I can add Spiral Spear Strike from my deck or grave to the hand.

I’ll immediately activate it allowing my now named Gaia the Dragon Champion to deal piercing battle damage. Rather than attack your Absolute Zero and change his position, I’ll instead take aim at your face down monster. Go, Spiral Speak Strike!”

“That’s a risky move since that face down could be anything.” Arctic voiced.

“I’d actually argue it’s the safer option.” Bakura voiced. “Given Sunset was going to summon Core at the time, I doubt that face down monster is anything high in defense. If he’s going to deal damage, he might as well go for the most. Especially with Absolute Zero promising destruction.”

Bakura wasn’t there when Yugi used this against Mokuba, but Tristan, Tea, and Joey agreed with him, even with that in mind. It was likely that whatever Sunset set had lower defense than Absolute Zero, so even with Dragon Champion’s effect, it had to be better this way.

Sunset had actually set Wroughtweiler(LV 3/800/1200) which was a mechanical hound that was now going to the grave from the spear destroying it (Sunset 3000/Yugi 2000).

“You just destroyed Wroughtweiler by battle.” Sunset declared. “When that happens, I can add any Polymerization and 1 Elemental Hero from my grave to my hand.”

She got her fusion spell and chose to add Bubbleman.

“This battle has aided you, but I still dealt a large chunk of your life points.” Yugi voiced. “Additionally, as I dealt damage with Spiral Spear Strike’s effect, I’m allowed to draw two. Then, I must discard one card from my hand. I’ll end my turn with one set card.”

“You’re about to have some regret over which monster you choose to destroy, Yugi.” Sunset drew. “I activate my face down Soul Union. It requires I target one Elemental Hero on my field and another in my grave. The first then gains ATK equal to the ATK of the second.”

“I didn’t think she had another way to power up her monster beyond Battle Fusion.” Joey commented impressed.

“Absolute Zero is on the field, and the best choice for that card would be Core in her grave.” Bakura reasoned.

“Bakura’s logic is sound because I’m targeting those two.” Sunset declared as Elemental Hero Absolute Zero(LV 7/5200/2000 effect) was imbued with the spirit of Core. “Now, Zero will end this duel by destroying your monster with Instant Freezing!”

Frozen shards shot out of Absolute Zero and into Yugi’s monster destroying it.

“You gained life points earlier, so it’s only fair I follow suit.” Yugi declared. “I activate my face down, Nutrient Z! When I’m about to take over 2000 life points of damage, this card first gives me 4000 life points (Yugi 2000-6000-3400/Sunset 3000).”

“At this point, it’s pretty much as even as when they started.” Thunder took a deep breath. “This is one heart pounding duel that just goes back and forth.”

“Given this is the last duel before Pegasus, they’re pushing each other to their absolute limit.” Mektaveus voiced. “Thus far, neither has been willing to give much of an inch; however, they’re now going to start running low on resources.”

“That means we could see a winner in just a few more turns now.” Bakura stated.

“You got me there Yugi.” Sunset stated. “I have nothing further I can do this turn, so I’ll turn it over to you.”

“Sunset, my field has been emptier more times than I’d like around you so let’s see if this fixes it.” Yugi drew and smiled. “If there are no monsters on my field, I don’t need to worry about losing them. I drew Fissure which destroys the monster on your field with the lowest attack.”

“My only monster is Absolute Zero meaning he’s your only option.” Sunset declared as her monster was destroyed.

“Now, I’ll summon Zombyra the Dark(LV 4/2100/500).” A warrior in black armor with a red and purple cape appeared. “I’ll end my turn there.”

“A splendid maneuver Yugi-boy.” Pegasus chuckled. “You’ve finally managed to reverse the flow of the duel in your favor.”

“Things were firmly on my side just a few turns ago to.” Sunset drew knowing that this duel was still far from over. “My field is once again barren, so I’ll summon Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/800/1200).” A hero in blue armor appeared.

“He’s the only card I control, so I can draw 2 more cards. “One of the cards I drew was Bubble Blaster which I’ll equip to Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/1600/1200 effect) raising his ATK by 800. It has another effect, as you might remember, but I’ll still hold onto it for later.

I’ll now activate the second card I drew being the field spell Skyscraper.” The field projected a city. “This grants any Elemental Hero I control 1000 ATK, during damage calculation only, if they battle a monster stronger than them. I’ll use that now as Bubbleman attacks Zombyra.”

Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/2600/1200 effect) glowed with a blue aura as he used his bubble blaster to decimate the opposing warrior (Sunset 3000/Yugi 2900).

Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/1600/1200 effect)

“That will be all for my turn.” Sunset declared.

“At this point, every draw matters.” Yugi drew. “Since I know what your Bubble Blaster will do if I attack, I’ll activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy it.” Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/800/1200). “I summon Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/3000/2500).”

“Even with Skyscraper on the field, there’s only one monster Sunset’s main deck that can compete with that.” Tea voiced.

“At least with Yugi deciding to destroy Bubble Blaster, the damage he’s about to deal will be lessened.” Arctic stated as he remembered well how good an equip that spell was.

“Now, Blue-Eyes White Dragon will destroy Elemental Hero Bubbleman with White Lighting.” Yugi declared.

The dragon fired on Elemental Hero Bubbleman(LV 4/1800/1200) who was fortunately coated in his blue aura once more as Skyscraper boosted his ATK (Sunset 1800/Yugi 2900).

“I have nothing more to do this turn, so it’s your move.” Yugi declared.

“Yugi is stronger than our first duel, but this time I’ll beat him.” Sunset drew. “I summon Elemental Hero Stratos(LV 4/1800/300).” A hero in a blue body suit appeared. “Through his effect, I can add any Hero I wish from my deck to my hand. Now, I active Polymerization.

I’ll fuse Stratos with Prisma from my hand. Fusion summon Elemental Hero Great Tornado(LV 8/2800/2200).” A hero in a green and yellow jump suit with tattered cloak appeared. “If he’s fusion summoned, he halves the ATK/DEF of your face up monsters.”

Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/1500/2500 effect)

“I remember that monster well.” Yugi stated with a smile.

“I knew you would, but this time I got a little something to help boost him.” Sunset declared. “I equip Great Tornado with Element Sword which will grant hm 800 attack any time he battles a monster with a different attribute to himself. Now, he’ll destroy your dragon.”

Elemental Hero Great Tornado(LV 8/3600/2200 effect) grabbed the sword that appeared and rushed Blue-Eyes White dragon slashing it down (Sunset 1800/Yugi 800). With the battle over Elemental Hero Great Tornado(LV 8/2800/2200) returned to his original ATK.

“Looks like Sunset’s one of three people to genuinely have Yugi on the backfoot.” Tristan stated.

“No kidding.” Tea nodded. “Yugi’s field is clear, he only has one card in his hand, and Sunset has one thousand more life points.”

“This next draw could very well determine the whole duel.” Bakura voiced.

“I end my turn.” Sunset declared.

“My move!” Yugi drew. “I activate Pot of Greed turning this one draw I had into two more.” He drew his two cards. “I activate Monster Reborn allowing me to revive any 1 monster from either grave, and I choose my Blue-Eyes White Dragon(LV 8/3000/2500).

I’ll then follow it up with Polymerization fusing him with the Black Luster Soldier – Super Soldier I have in my hand. I call upon an ultimate soldier that thrives in combat. Fusion summon Blue-Eyes Light Soldier(LV 10/3800/3400).”

A figure in full on radiant white dragon armor with wings and a blade appeared.

“He has another fusion for his Blue-Eyes!” Sunset thought shocked. “It’s one that uses a Ritual monster?”

Everyone on the balcony was stunned to see that Yugi had such a powerful monster. Given what they saw Super Soldier do in the last duel, no one doubted this fusion had to have a powerful effect all its own.

“You’ve come a long way Sunset, so I’ve rewarded that hard work by summoning one of my strongest fusions.” Yugi declared as tears came to his eyes. “Know this is just as hard a move to make as the one I did on Joey.”

“Even though I’m about to lose, I can take pride in just how far I had to push you to overcome me.” Sunset smiled. “Yugi, end this!”

Sunset had Skyscraper and Element Sword on her field. This meant she should be able to overcome that new fusion, but if Yugi was certain this was the end, she’d believe it.

“Alright.” Yugi nodded. “When this card is fusion summoned, I can destroy 1 spell/trap card my opponent controls banish, and I’ll use it on Skyscraper.” The city vanished. “Now Blue-Eyes Light Soldier will destroy your hero with White Saber! When Soldier battles a monster you control, he gains ATK equal to half their original attack until the end of damage calculations.”

Elemental Hero Great Tornado(LV 8/3600/2200 effect)

Blue-Eyes Light Soldier(LV 10/5400/3400 effect)

Blue-Eyes Light Soldier’s blade glowed as he blitzed forward. Great Tornado managed to put up his Element Sword, but Yugi’s monster sliced clean through it and him (Sunset 0/Yugi 800).

“Those two reached a whole new level through battling one another.” Tristan stated.

“It was certainly something else.” Bakura agreed.

“They both dueled really hard.” Tea added.

“Man, they went all out.” Joey commented.

“It was a close duel.” Mektaveus nodded in respect. “Those two deserve the number 1 and 2 spot.”

“Yeah, makes me think I got a lot of work to do on my own skills.” Thunder stated.

“We both do.” Arctic agreed.

Sonata just remained silent as she realized her negative feelings associated with Sunset were a little better now.

“That was an excellent duel.” Pegasus clapped as he stood. “Yugi, you’ve shown you deserve the number 1 spot; however, I also make it official that Sunset should be number two given how hard she fought.” Everyone was now looking at him. “It’s made what I’m about to say easy.”

“Your decision on the change the duel with you.” Yugi noted. “The tournament is over, so what is it?”

“After what Shining Armor did, I couldn’t stand tomorrow being too easy on the winner, so I utilized a little acquisition of mine to give you both the prize you deserve.” Pegasus informed.

“You want to duel both of them?” Tristan asked.

“In a manner of speaking.” Pegasus chuckled as, to everyone’s shock, a second Pegasus suddenly appeared next to him. “Using Kaiba-boy’s hologram technology, I created my own partner for tomorrow.”

“As the number 1 and number 2 ranked duelist, you shall receive the honor of dueling us.” The second Pegasus spoke. “One of us will use the Toon deck you’ve all seen while the other will use a special deck compiled just for tomorrow.”

“It’ll be twice the fun.” They spoke in unison. “Rest well for tomorrow decides everything.”

With that, the hologram Pegasus vanished while the real one simply turned and walked out the door of his balcony with his men following. Yugi and Sunset shared a look. They were more than fine with Pegasus’ change.

Hallways
Everyone met back in the hallway as Yugi presented Joey with the card for the prize money. “As Sunset and I agreed back on that boat, this prize money is yours Joey. Use it to get your sister her operation.”

Hearing that’s what Joey was dueling for did make certain people who didn’t know want to ask about it. Any of them who would resolve to ask later as not to break up the moment. As for Joey, despite knowing this was coming, it meant no less to him. He began to cry.

“Yugi, thank you.” Joey stated sincerely. “Now, you and Sunset prepare to take Pegasus down.”

Author's Note:

I suppose I'll start with Monster Recovery. The effect is the anime's version of it; however, I made it a quick-play spell like its real-world counterpart. Despite all spells being treated as quick plays, there were still cards with that symbol on them in the anime.

Anime's version of Monster Recovery never had that symbol thusly not making it a quick-play spell in said anime. As for Blue-Eyes Light Soldier, obviously no real monster like that exist; however, Yugi has the fourth Blue-Eyes here.

I think that constitutes more than one Blue-Eyes fusion. Considering Black Luster Soldier has a fusion with Ultimate Dragon, one which I'll be updating to make more powerful when/if I get to it, I say this as being an acceptable fusion.

Rather than simply have a Black Luster Soldier riding a dragon, I went with it being treated as an armor. This in turn allows me to keep the dragon riding concept just in case I do a Gaia the Fierce Knight fusion with this one Blue-Eyes down the line.

PreviousChapters Next