• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,146 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,146

PreviousChapters Next
Search Ends

Sunset’s Apartment: Dawn
Sunset had awoken at the same time, in the same way, as the same memory from the night before ran through her mind in the form of that dream. While she certainly hadn’t intended to put off having her meeting with Helios, this was a sharp reminder.

She grabbed the business card and her cell phone. She only hoped that calling now would be acceptable, and that they could meet up that day after school. Beyond even that, she hoped this next meeting might put this memory to rest.

“Hello.” Soren answered sleepily from the other end. “Who is this?”

“It’s Sunset Shimmer.” Sunset responded.

That was immediately met with sounds of someone getting out of bed followed by a rather resounding thud. That was likely Soren quickly attempting to get out of bed and ultimately ending up falling to the ground. Give the guy props as he was immediately back on the phone.

“Right, Sunset.” Soren sounded plenty awake now. “Is this about the duel?”

If he wasn’t about to bring up anything that just happened on the other end of the line, then she would ignore it. “Yes, I’d like to see if I could meet Helios to have our duel this evening in front of Kame Games.”

“That will work.” Soren answered. “We’ll meet you there.”

“Thank you.” Sunset stated. “I’ll see you two then.”

She hung up before taking a deep breath. Regardless of how this evening ended, Sunset intended to begin with their duel. Considering how awkward things were between them, she hoped a duel might loosen them up. From there, conversation should be easier.

“Before I ever get to that point, there’s now a long day ahead of me.” Sunset thought as she started moving around her apartment.

Outside Kame Game: Morning…
Yugi finally managed to make it out and clear of the shop which was no easy feat. Customers have been streaming in ever since the shop opened, and while he was glad his grandpa was doing great business, it was still a rather unusual day.

That’s not to say that Kame Game was struggling, but this was a larger number of customers than even the duel between Rex and Joey had brought. Yugi now headed on up the nearby stairs where he joined Tea and Sunset who had been staring at all the customers.

“Morning Yugi.” Sunset greeted.

“Looks like Mr. Muto is swamped today.” Tea added.

“Yeah.” Yugi nodded as he looked at them. “There were a lot of people just waiting for Kame Game to open, and it’s been busy since.”

“It probably has to do with the grand opening of Black Crown.” Sunset voiced.

“Black Crown?” Yugi/Tea asked.

“It’s a new shopping center that open near my apartment complex.” Sunset informed. “Beyond shopping, they are said to have dedicated spaces for duel monsters. There’s tables laid out near food and drink options. I also hear they have a fully functional duel arena as well.”

“Wow, I wouldn’t mind checking it out.” Yugi declared happily.

“We’ll do it after school.” Tea started walking. “After all, we wouldn’t want to miss class.”

Domino Academy: Later…
When they had a free period, Sunset informed her friends of her conversation with Soren as well as what she was planning.

“At least we should know what deck he runs.” Joey answered.

“Yeah, the guy was there picking up Battlin’ Boxer cards.” Tristan looked at Yugi. “You know anything about them, Yug?”

“Well, they’re rather good at Xyz summoning and have great counter trap cards to boot.” Yugi informed.

“After you guys’ duel, what’s the plan?” Tea asked.

“I want to talk with him.” Sunset responded while keeping in mind that they were in public now. “At this point, I can’t deny a thing. I know where I come from, and he’s part of that. All I need to know is what his intentions are now since all these years could have changed them.”

Time clearly changed who she could have been. Even in such a short time, comparatively, she’s changed. Before moving forward, she needed to get a true read on who Helios is now. Suddenly, their attention was grabbed by gushing from the classroom next door.

The gang walked on over to see a whole group of girls surrounding someone in the male uniform. Upon taking a few seconds to see who it was, the gang were stunned to see that it was Duke Devlin who they hadn’t seen since he went off to face Blue Blood.

“Ladies.” Duke smiled. “Let’s get this party started.” He laid out six die, three blue and three red. “Show time.” He rapidly scooped them into his little cup before shaking and setting it down. “Keep your eyes on me.”

He removed the cup revealing the die were in a tower that alternated colored die. This trick made the girls around him gush. Nearby, two other students were talking.

“Man, that Duke’s got it all.”

“No kidding.”

At that moment, Duke glanced their way. “Well, this is a surprise.” He stood before making his way over to the gang. “I suppose I should have connected the dots given some of you wore your uniforms on Duelist Kingdom. How’s it hanging you four?”

“Hey Duke.” Yugi responded.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but we managed to catch your duel with Blue Blood after returning.” Sunset voiced. “Well, you seemed…”

“Crushed?” Duke chuckled. “Yeah, I was.” He shook his head. “Right into the ground.” He shrugged. “Ultimately, life is too short to fixate on one lose. Simply put, that guy was just on a whole other level. Besides, I wasn’t there to win it all anyways.

Would have been nice, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not like I didn’t have anything awaiting me back home. Ultimately, lady luck didn’t favor me then, but she’s been sweet now. Though, not as sweet as I’d like. On that note, I would like to speak with you guys.”

“About what?” Tea asked.

“It’s a conversation we shouldn’t have right now, so let’s save it until school is out.” Duke voiced. “You can come with me to my shopping center, we can talk, and I’ll give you guys the VIP treatment shortly after. Sound good?”

“VIP treatment!” Tristan/Joey declared.

Their minds immediately turned to all the great food they could eat, which only proved they shared a mind at times.

“We were already planning on checking the place out after school, so we could certainly accompany you there.” Yugi added.

“Especially since this seems like a rather important conversation to you.” Sunset noted.

“Excellent.” Duke walked back to his desk. “I’ll meet you guys then.”

Duke’s Lounge: After School…
The gang met up with Duke outside the school and followed him back to Black Crown. Once inside, they were treated to some sodas and snacks before making their way to Duke’s personal lounge which had two couches, a chair, a coffee table, and a desk.

“Have a seat everybody, and we’ll chat before I turn you lose to truly enjoy everything my business has to offer.” Duke voiced as he sat in the chair.

The gang took a seat on the couches before Yugi looked to the luck duelist. “We’re here, so what did you want to talk about?”

“First, I’d like to tell you all why what I want to talk about is important.” Duke began. “For most of my life, I’ve spent my free time creating a game which I call Dungeon Dice Monsters. I perfected the game play, fine-tuned the rules, and paid to use duel monsters in my game.

By the time I was finished, it seemed clear I’d created something truly remarkable, so I sent it to the only man who could possibly appreciate it, Pegasus. Days passed before I finally received word back from him. He said he read my proposal, and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

He wanted to fly me out in his personal helicopter to discuss the game in person. That very next day, I was brought to Duelist Kingdom. I could hardly believe all my hard work was paying off. I would finally meet my idol. When we did meet, Pegasus challenged me to my game.

I naturally expected him to be good, but he was phenomenal. It was his first time playing, yet he demolished me. I was amazed with his skills, but he seemed just as taken with my game. He even offered me a deal. All he needed was for me to compete in Duelist Kingdom and a favor.”

“Was that small favor he cashed in the duel you had with me?” Sunset asked.

“That’s right.” Duke nodded. “With that out of the way, all I needed to do was compete in the tournament. If I’d won the whole thing, it’d have been huge for my game. In the end, I found myself up against an insurmountable barrier ending my run in the top 12.

You already know how that ended, so I’ll skip ahead to what’s happened recently.” Duke seemed rather melancholic now. “I received an email from Maxamillion Pegasus that rescinded my right to use duel monsters in my game. He even returned double what I paid.

That brings me to what I’m hoping you all can help me understand.” He looked at the gang. “I know Maxamillion Pegasus genuinely loved my game, so what happened on that island? I’ve tried contacting him, but all I’m met with is silence.”

Everyone looked at one another before resolving that Duke had the right to know.

“We can tell you what we know, but it’s going to require an open mind…” Yugi began.

The gang informed Duke of almost everything involved with Duelist Kingdom. The only thing they left out was the fact that Sunset had formerly lived in Equestria. They started with what they saw as the beginning of Pegasus’ life to what they knew of the end of the tournament.

To say that Duke was stunned would be an understatement. Setting aside the revelation of magic, it was hard to grasp that a man he idolized could have stolen souls. Though, the benefit of understanding why he did it helped Duke see how someone could rationalize it.

“I’m going to need time to digest everything.” Duke stood up and walked to his desk turning his back on them. “My staff have your names so enjoy your visit to Black Crown.”

The gang all looked at each other uncertain about leaving, but almost no one there could come up with any parting words. Yugi, Joey, Tristan, and Tea all moved towards the door; however, Sunset did have something she could say.

She approached Duke and put a hand on his shoulder. “For what it might be worth, Pegasus put my friends and I through a lot on that island. I’d rather he hadn’t, but I understand why he felt the need to. He loved Cecilia and simply couldn’t bear her loss.

Even after adopting two orphans, he loved with all his heart, they weren’t enough to make him forget about his lost love. He loved her enough to do the things he did. I don’t know if I could ever respect the man, but I don’t think it’d be wrong if you still do.”

Duke simply looked down at that, so Sunset patted his shoulder before joining her friends. The Hero user had no idea if she was any good at this, but she still felt the need to try in the end. Now, it was up to Duke on what he does from here.

Kame Games: Evening…
After leaving Duke’s lounge, the gang explored the rather large Black Crown shopping center. There were plenty of stores, places to get grub, and the duel arena. All things said, it was obvious why Kame Games had been busy since it opened that morning.

Of course, they couldn’t stay forever given Sunset did have an appointment to keep. The gang ended up leaving Black Crown relatively within a respectable time before walking on over to Kame Games which had calmed down from its earlier, busy day.

That’s not to say no one was around. Soren, holding a familiar case, stood beside Helios and both were standing against the building waiting for them. More specifically, they were obviously waiting for Sunset. Upon Sunset and Helios seeing each other, Things were awkward again.

“Hopefully we didn’t keep you two.” Sunset voiced.

“No, we just arrived.” Helios voiced.

Despite knowing what she wanted, Sunset was having difficulties voicing it which prompted Joey to intervene. “Alright, we’re here for a duel.” He nodded to Soren. “This isn’t the first time I’ve seen that case, so I take it you rented out Kaiba’s duel disks for this?”

“Yes, that’s right.” Soren declared.

He stepped between them, got on one knee, and opened the case. Inside where the same duel disk Joey and Yugi have dueled with prior. He took them out and gave one each to Helios and Sunset.

“Great, let’s get this duel started then!” Joey declared with a smile. “I want ta see how these Battlin’ Boxers work.”

Thanks to Joey, who moved to stand with the gang and was joined by Soren, things got moving. The two duelists moved back and inserted their decks while attempting to push anything else about this meeting out of their minds. People began to stop as they noticed this happening.

Rather than talk to each other before beginning, both duelists seemed to come to a silent agreement to begin already.

“Let’s Duel!”

(Sunset 2000/Helios 2000)

“Alright, I’m striking first.” Helios drew starting to feel more in his element. “I summon Battlin’ Boxer Headgeared(LV 4/1000/1800).” A blue warrior with boxing gloves and head gear appeared. “When he’s normal summoned, I can send a Battlin’ Boxer from my deck to the grave.

I’ll then activate Battlin’ Boxing Spirits allowing me to send the top card of my deck to the grave. In exchange, I can target 1 Battlin’ Boxer monster in my grave and special summon them to the field in face-up defense position. I summon Battlin’ Boxer Shadow(LV 4/1800/1400).”

A warrior black as night appeared on the field.

“I can appreciate a guy with good taste in Warrior-type monsters.” Joey voiced.

“He just got out two monsters of the same level on the first turn.” Tea stated.

“Considering what the Battlin’ Boxers can do, this means we can hedge a bet on just what he’s likely to do next.” Yugi voiced.

“You guys sure know your stuff.” Soren smiled drawing their attention. “Helios is about to bust out the perfect monster for a first turn.”

“I now build the overlay network with my two level 4 monsters.” Helios continued. “Gather the flame of your soul on your fists! Xyz summon Battlin’ Boxer Lead Yoke(R 4/O 2/2200/2000).” A larger Battlin’ Boxer within restraints appeared.

“You Xyz summoned right from the start!” Sunset voiced a bit stunned.

Normally, she or her opponents went that far when they were truly taking the duel seriously.

“That’s not all as I’m going to set two cards to end my turn.” Helios declared. “Your move.”

“Alright, you went big right from the start, so I’ll answer in kind.” Sunset drew as she too was growing more at ease. “I activate Polymerization to combine two Elemental Heroes, from my hand, with different attributes. I chose Prisma and Liquid Soldier.

Hero who brings with him a new day, arise! Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Sunrise(LV 7/2500/1200).” A red, yellow, and black armored hero appeared. “This hero comes with quite the number of effects; however, I must first address Liquid Soldier.

Since he was sent to the grave as a fusion material, I get to draw 2 cards, but I must then discard 1 card from my hand. Now, for Sunrise. Firstly, all monster I control gain 200 ATK for every monster I control with a different attribute.

I control one, so that’s 200 for Sunrise.” Elemental Hero Sunrise(LV 7/2700/1200 effect) Then, whenever Sunrise is special summoned, I can add a Miracle Fusion from my deck to my hand. “Now, Sunrise will destroy Lead Yoke.”

“I detach one of Battlin’ Boxer Lead Yoke(R 4/O 1/2200/2000)’s overlay units preventing his destruction.” Helios countered.

“Even then, you still take the damage (Sunset 2000/Helios 1500).” Sunset declared.

“I’ll admit, it is a decent punch, but detaching that overlay unit activates my Battlin’ Boxer Lead Yoke(R 4/O 1/3000/2000 effect)’s other effects granting him 800 more ATK.” Helios countered.

“That monster can’t be destroyed if it has overlay units, and it’ll gain 800 more ATK for every overlay unit he removes!?” Joey exclaimed in shock.

“That’s one powerful monster.” Tea declared.

“I have no choice but to set 1 card before ending my turn.” Sunset declared.

“My turn, draw!” Helios drew. “I’ll activate my Shrink spell card targeting one monster you control and halving their original ATK until the end of the turn. I target Elemental Hero Sunrise(LV 7/1450/1200 effect). Now Lead Yoke will destroy Sunrise!”

“I reveal my face down Elemental Recharge granting me 1000 life points for every Elemental Hero I control (Sunset 3000/Helios 1500).” Sunset declared.

Lead Yoke demolished Sunrise (Sunset 1450/Helios 1500).

“You actually had a solid counter in place, but let’s see if you can keep weathering my blows.” Helios declared. “I end my turn.”

“The secret behind my deck is that there is no end to the ways I can weather whatever comes my way.” Sunset drew. “I’ll start things off using the Miracle Fusion Sunrise gifted me to initiate a Fusion summon by banishing materials from my field or grave.

I banish my water attribute Elemental Hero Liquid Soldier and Elemental Hero Prisma to Fusion summon the ice hero, Elemental Hero Absolute Zero(LV 7/2500/2000 effect).” A hero decked out in ice white armor appeared. “He’ll attack Lead Yoke with Instant Freezing.”

“Sunset better have one of her quick plays because simply wiping with Absolute Zero isn’t going to get Lead Yoke off the field!” Joey exclaimed.

“Fortunately, I have just that.” Sunset declared. “I drew into Battle Fusion. When any attack is declared involving a Fusion Monster I control, he gains ATK equal to the other monsters until the end of the damage step!”

“Didn’t quite expect a card like that per say, but I did expect something.” Helios declared. “That’s why my first set card was Jolt Counter. Since you activated an effect of a card during the Battle Phase, and I control a Battlin’ Boxer, this card negates and destroys your card.”

This resulted in Battlin’ Boxer demolishing Absolute Zero (Sunset 950/Helios 1500).

“He just shut down one of Susnet’s best combos!” Joey exclaimed.

“Not only that, but Sunset will now be forced to utilize her mosnter’s effect which will only serve in powering up her opponent.” Yugi voiced.

“If Absolute Zero is sent to the grave, he’s meant to destroy all monsters you control.” Sunset informed.

“I can simply remove Battlin Boxer Lead Yoke(R 4/O 0/3800/2000 effect)’s last overlay unit preventing his destruction and increasing his ATK by another 800.” Helios declared.

“I still have my normal summon, and I’ll use it on Elemental Hero Cutting Bladedge(LV 7/2600/1800).” A golden hero with wings appeared. “I’ll supplement him with two set cards before ending my turn.

With no further cards in her hand, I get the feeling this next exchange could very well decide the whole duel.” Yugi voiced.

“You think so?” Joey asked.

“I feel the same as your friend.” Soren nodded. “Helios knows it as well, and he’s confident in his one card being enough to overcome whatever she’s got.”

“My turn!” Helios drew. “My Lead Yoke will destroy Cutting Bladedge ending this duel!”

“I activate my face down Negate Attack which will target your attacking monster, halt his attack, and end the Battle Phase.” Sunset countered.

“That card cannot halt my final blow.” Helios declared. “I reveal my second face down Xyz Reflect. Whenever an effect targets an Xyz monster I control, this card negates its activation, destroys it, and deals my opponent 800 life points of damage (Sunset 150/Helios 1500).”

“Oh no, her card just got countered!” Tea exclaimed worriedly.

“Is this really the end?” Tristan asked.

“It is the end for my opponent.” Sunset declared. “I figured you had a card like that which is why I was particular in not activating the card that will end this duel in my victory until now. I activate Edge Hammer.

By tributing an Elemental Hero Bladedge, which Cutting Bladedge does count as, I can destroy any one monster you control and deal damage to you equal to their original ATK. Thanks to every one of my cards before this, your monster has no overlay units left to give!”

Bladedge put his arms together melding his two blades as he began to vanish into the graveyard. With a mighty yell, he threw out one large blade as he fully vanished. The weapon sliced clean through the charging Lead Yoke destroying him (Sunset 150/Helios 0).”

“Way to go Sunset!” Tristan cheered.

Joey raised a fist. “You showed him what your deck is made of!”

“That was a close one.” Tea let out a sigh of relief.

Yugi nodded. “I’ll say.”

“She beat Helios…” Soren certainly took note of this. “All the time he’s spent dueling, and he ultimately only comes close to a finalist of a tournament. I don’t know if that’s enough for what we’re trying to do, but to publicize their skills like that is something we can’t risk.”

The rest of the crowd cheered at the conclusion to that duel.

“I can’t believe I lost…” Helios was in shock, but it quickly turned into a genuine laugh as he approached Sunset. “You really know what you’re doing when it comes to dueling.”

“I’ve had a lot of practice.” Sunset nodded. “There were people who could give just as good a duel as you, those I could beat easier, and there’s someone I have yet to beat. In the end, everyone I duel is the path I’ve walked to get where I am now.”

“That’s a great outlook to have.” Helios responded.

This is exactly what Sunset was looking for. After dueling, their awkwardness was nonexistent which should make what came next all the easier. She leaned in close and only spoke loud enough that he could hear.

“I’ve figured out dueling me wasn’t what you really wanted.” Sunset voiced drawing his attention. “You think I’m your long-lost younger sister, and I think you might be right; however, we need to talk somewhere private.”

Hearing that drew Helios’ undivided attention. “Wherever you want to go.”

“My friend with the puzzle around his neck has an apartment with his grandfather since they own this building.” Sunset started walking. “Come on, our friends will join us.”

Helios followed her only to stop and stare at Soren. The manager could tell his friend just heard something concrete, so he gave the nod indicating they should do this. Though Soren could tell this was a mere formality now.

Nothing he did now would dissuade his friend from following Sunset. Not when he was this close to potentially having his sister back. When he thought of everything around this girl, he couldn’t deny it either. As such, everyone entered the shop before heading up.

Muto Apartment
Another duel with Kaiba’s technology saw another boon of customers for Solomon. This left the gang alone with the pair. The first thing discussed was Sunset’s earliest memory of the day their mother took her out of the house. Sunset didn’t currently go further than that.

“It’s an exact match.” Helios looked at Soren. “We haven’t told her a word of it, yet she perfectly described that day.”

“It’s undeniable proof.” Soren nodded. “She must be your younger sister. I’ll still get a blood test to have it on paper, but there’s not a doubt in my mind about it now.”

“So, you guys have been searching for her all this time?” Tea asked.

“If I could have searched for her from the very minute she was ripped away from my life, I would have.” Helios shook his head. “At the time, I was a nine-year-old kid who had undeniable proof he was too weak to protect someone he cared about.

From the day Sunset was born, I loved her as my little sister and couldn’t wait to be her big brother. That day was also the last Golden ever acted like the mother I remember. Before that day, she had her expectations, but there was genuine love.

We came from old money, acres upon acres of land in Great Britan, that allowed for a rather cushy life. After Sunset was born, something changed. Golden was torn between the loving mother I knew, and the type who would discard her child. Ultimately, the latter won out.

After that point, she attempted to be the mother I remembered and ignored the fact Sunset ever existed. I suppose any normal kid would have fought her on that, but I was hardly normal. According to various tests, I was rather smart for my age.

Considering I knew I wasn’t strong enough, I played along until the day I left. I’m uncertain if she truly bought it, but it doesn’t matter. I got what I wanted. As I grew, she shelled out for the best to train my physique and learn to fight. That’s not all.

I recalled, not long before you were born, that she became rather fixated on statues of what seemed like duel monsters discovered within our land over in Great Britan. I still don’t understand how, but it seems this game might hold answers. As such, I picked it up.”

“That tells us a lot about you, but what’s the deal with this guy?” Joey asked.

“Yeah, I can’t imagine our mother was keen on leaving any evidence I existed.” Sunset crossed her arms. “How do you fit into this Soren?”

“Simply put, I’m Helios’ best friend.” Soren informed. “Unlike him, I wasn’t as advanced for my age, so I didn’t really understand what was going on. Though, I liked the guy, so I stuck with him where others abandoned him.

It was only in my teenage years that I began to understand something had happened. I didn’t outright approach Helios since I wanted to confer with the people around us. Mostly people I remember as being our friends at one point or another.

None of them seemed to recall Helios ever had a sister like I did. If they were simply playing dumb, or Golden somehow got to them, then it was the best acting I’ve ever seen from teenagers. Anyways, I confronted Helios who attempted to brush me off.”

“Despite Soren being there all this time, he wasn’t ‘there’ for me in the way he’s been now.” Helios continued. “I was used to going the path I walked alone. While hanging with him helped take my mind off things, that didn’t seem the basis to bring him in.”

“I can be rather stubborn, so he eventually told me everything.” Soren voiced. “It was difficult to understand all at once, but it certainly explained a lot that I had noticed in retrospect. The relationship between Helios and Golden wasn’t typical of a teenager and mother.

Beyond that, I noted Golden had always ignored the fact she ever had a daughter while Helios was clearly showing he remembered. I also never recalled a case opening about a missing baby girl. All of that, coupled with him being my best friend, was enough to make me believe.”

“It was a relief to finally air this to someone.” Helios shook his head. “He attempted to tell me I should go to the authorities, but I shut that down. The fact remained that others had known Sunset existed. Despite that, nothing ever came of her disappearance. The world continued to turn, no one ever brought her up, and there was never a peep from the police.

“I saw Helios’ logic before offering my help in whatever he needed it.” Soren voiced.

“I didn’t have anything for him to do and simply informed him my intention was to take what I saw as the fastest route out from under Golden’s thumb.” Helios informed. “No one should owe that woman anything. Anyways, the fastest route wasn’t through my mind.

Taking that route would involve years of college. I had settled on entering MMA to put my years of training to use. I was researching and taking steps all throughout high school to ensure I could enter than scene the moment I graduated.”

“That was pretty much the end of it, as far as Helios was concerned.” Soren looked down. “I was unsatisfied. That feeling only grew as I mulled everything over. After years of not see what my friend was going through, I came to one conclusion.

I would aid Helios as the guy behind the chair. This would free him up to train, focus on his career, and get better at duel monsters. It took a lot of convincing, but you can see he agreed which meant I had to shape up if I wanted to pull this off.”

“Once out of high school, even as our paths diverged, we stayed in contact.” Helios informed. “I went without an agent for years as I made my money and a name for myself. Soren here did everything he could to hit the ground running as a manager.”

“It wasn’t as easy as simply taking my education seriously.” Soren informed. “While I certainly did, even in college I was working to build up a web of contacts that could help us in our two goals. Finding Sunset Shimmer and bringing down Golden Shine.

That second goal hasn’t happened yet while the first has officially been done today. Though, that’s not to say it was smooth sailing. I won’t go into details, but Helios made quite the fool of himself once we genuinely started looking for Sunset.”

“With you knowing basically what we’ve been up to, where have you been all this time Sunset?” Helios asked.

“I’m not exactly proud of causing trouble.” Helios shook his head. “Anyways, you now know our end, so what happened to you?”

“Well, I’ll start with this.” Sunset looked to her friends who she could tell were leaving this up to her. “Do you believe in magic…”

After Sunset’s Explanation…
Sunset essentially picked up right where she left off by informing the pair that Golden had sent her through a reflective, black rock in the woods. She then concisely explained everything. Being found by Princess Celestia, how she was raised as a unicorn, and the day she left.

It then transitioned into ending up back on Earth, who she had been, being smacked down by the magic of friendship, and how she went about repairing the damage. Then, it was all about her life after which led to Anon-a-Miss and eventually leaving Canterlot.

Finally, she told them about her time in Japan and on Duelist Kingdom with her friends. For the first time, Sunset felt like each segment were separate lives. By the end of her tale, Soren was slack jawed while Helios was genuinely processing everything.

“That explains why we were never able to find her prior.” Soren voiced. “She wasn’t on Earth for the longest time.”

“When she did come back, Golden found out first.” Helios looked at Sunset. “Our mother’s name was all over your life. She connected you back to your records and has been funding everything until Soren stepped into put us in that place.”

Sunset now realized why her benefactor had sounded familiar. “All this time, Golden has been my benefactor.”

“I don’t understand.” Tea voiced. “I mean, everything we’ve heard and learned about this woman makes her sound like an absolute contradiction.”

“Not to mention there’s a lot that’s clearly left unknown.” Yugi added.

“While concealing certain aspects of this conversation, I’m going to compile all this information and send it out to my contacts.” Soren voiced firmly. “We’ll see what they can turn up given a wealth of new information to explore.”

“Given there’s no way we’re leaving Japan now, you should also get in contact with Hope Duality.” Helios voiced. “Even if duel monsters potentially ends up being a dead end with mother, it’s clearly involved in other things to the point we could use him around.”

“Beyond that, what happens with you and Sunset now?” Tea asked.

That did halt the two’s planning as Helios nodded. “That is a good question.” He looked at his sister. “I want to be involved in your life now that I’ve found you, but mother legally made you an emancipated minor.”

“Despite the fact you are typically younger than they’d have allowed such a thing; compared to everything else, pulling that off would have been child’s play.” Soren voiced.

“The paint is, even if she hadn’t done that, I wouldn’t force you to do anything.” Helios stated. “Whatever you want, no matter what, I will accept it.”

“Despite everything I’ve learned about myself, I don’t know if I can just embrace you as my brother right at this moment.” Sunset gave a small smile. “Given I don’t doubt everything you did for me, I would at least like to see if we could work up to brother and sister. Is that okay?

“Of course.” Helios agreed. “Anyways, this has been a long evening. I think it’d be best if we parted ways and had the proper time to digest everything.”

“Yeah, I’d like that.” Sunset responded.

Soren took out another business card and quickly wrote on it before passing it to Sunset. “Here, this is Helios’ number. I’m certain he’ll want you to contact him if you need anything, and the same can be said for me.”

Sunset accepted it with a nod. “Thank you.”

With this, the pair took their leave. Thanks to this evening, Sunset had officially been reunited with her brother, and many questions had been answered. In their place, old ones still persisted and new ones had only joined the list. Still, there was some sense of closure to be found at least.

Author's Note:

Maxamillion Pegasus is still dead. This chapter is not my attempt to say he is actually alive which means any of you should ask yourselves who is playing at being him, and why do they not want it known Pegasus is dead?

With that out of the way, Duke now needs to process what he's been told. Remember, he wasn't there to see Seto get his soul taken, and he didn't get to stick around past the Top 12 when he could have seen more.

It's also fortunate he knows the gang, so he wasn't going to start blaming them. Then, we get to the sharing of information between Helios, Sunset, and the rest. A lot of things have been answered, but much persist along with new things added to the pile.

Note: I have been spending such a long time working on deck profiles. Now, I am left with a mere five that need to be finish for this coming arc. On that note, it's now time to start building towards Battle City.

PreviousChapters Next