• Published 12th Sep 2022
  • 3,148 Views, 1,145 Comments

An Equestrian Element - Quillion9000



After the Anon-a-Miss incident, Sunset ends up moving to Domino City, Japan.

  • ...
9
 1,145
 3,148

PreviousChapters Next
Old Deck

Duelist Kingdom: Beach, Evening…
A teenager with short, jet black hair and green eyes anchored his speed boat in shallow waters. He then stepped off and proceeded onto land. His attire consisted of black pants, a grey, long-sleeved shirt, and a long black coat overtop.

“When I get back, I’m putting that deck in a bank vault.” The guy put his hands in his pockets before walking inland. “If they somehow get it after that, then I won’t care that Dartz wants them, I’ll take their souls for the Orichalcos. Now, where are you, Sonata?”

Pegasus’ Castle
Pegasus was enjoying a fine dinner as his men settled in Weevil Underwood and Shining Armor who showed up not too long ago with the necessary star chips. His attention was soon drawn from his food to his monitor as it lowered with a silent alarm.

“What’s this?” Pegasus’ cameras picked up that young man who beached on his island. “Hm, he’s certainly moving with a purpose.” His Millennium Eye began to glow. “I’ll need to know…”

He paused as his eye fizzled out, and all he could see was that same, green seal he saw upon looking into Sonata’s past.

At that moment, Croquet ran into the dining room with two other men. “Master Pegasus, we heard the silent alarm.” He looked at the screen. “That must be the intruder. We’ll…”

“Let him be and add him to the growing list of people our spy camera’s are keeping track of.” Pegasus ordered.

“Sir?” Croquet asked.

“Did you misunderstand me?” Pegasus questioned dangerously.

“No sir!” Croquet quickly responded. “Your orders are understood sir.”

The men left and Pegasus turned back to the screen. “Something my eye can’t show me is happening. Something big. Even now, I can’t determine what that thing is, but the fact that now four people have their past shrouded from the Millennium Eye does not bode well.”

Clearing
Arctic and Thunder collapsed in exasperation.

“Gah!” The younger brother rubbed his head furiously. “Anyone who tried to lay claim to the deck had no idea what was even inside!”

Through all their searching, Arctic and Thunder brought their star chips up to eight and five, respectively. They couldn’t enjoy it considering they weren’t able to reunite this deck with its owner. The deck box was simply in too good a condition that it had to belong to someone.

“It’s possible that whoever owned this deck got kicked off the island.” Arctic sighed. “Maybe they lost with whatever deck they’ve been using, or since they didn’t have a deck, some of Pegasus’ people disqualified them.”

“If that’s the case, maybe we should ask around with some of those people.” Thunder reasoned.

“Couldn’t hurt.” Arctic shrugged. “Considering the day is ending, let’s split up to cover more ground. We’ll ask any duelist or suited men about this before meeting back here in roughly two hours.”

“Sounds like a plan to me.” Thunder walked off. “If I find the person, I’ll bring them back here to get the deck from you.”

Once his brother was gone, Arctic pulled out the deck box. “I really hope your owner is still on the island.”

He then walked off in the opposite direction.

Bay
Sonata had five star chips and felt that was a good number to end the day on. After all, there was another full day left to get more, and she came across this beautiful bay that seemed like a good place to stay at. Currently, she had removed her boots and socks to enjoy the water.

Even if this was a tournament, it didn’t mean she couldn’t relax a little. Honestly, this was one of the best orders she’s ever received from Dartz in all the time she’s known him. She just wished her sisters were her to relax with her because they needed it sometimes.

“Good, it didn’t take me long to find you.” A familiar voice rang out.

Sonata turned to see that duelist, who took the speedboat to the island, had come out onto the beach. “Luthor, what are you doing here? Also, where’s Maxie? You two are usually inseparable.”

“That second question is irrelevant.” Luthor responded as Sonata approached him. “As for what I’m doing here; I want my deck back.”

“What do you mean?” Sonata asked confused as she noticed a black deck box, with purple accents, on his waist. “Isn’t that your deck?”

“This is my current deck; however, your sisters stole my old deck, after breaking into my room, and told you to use it.” Luthor retorted. “Now, I know you have my Ojama deck so hand it over.”

“This is your deck.” Sonata took the deck box off her waist and stared at it. “Huh, I was kind of wondering where they got it from since it didn’t seem like anything either of them world make.”

“Honestly, why would ‘he’ be concerned with us using our actual decks? So long as we don’t use the ‘specific card’ we’ve been given, ‘he’ could care less.” Even if Dartz didn’t care about that, there were still rules to follow when out here for now. “Now, hand my deck over.”

“I would… the thing is… I kind of need it.” Sonata stated as she scratched her cheek.

Luthor narrowed his eyes. “What do you…” He noticed a distinct lack of her own deck box which made him pinch the bridge of his nose. “You’ve lost your deck, haven’t you?” Sonata reluctantly nodded. “Remember why you have to work with them.”

“Also, the card was in it.” Sonata stated quietly.

“Really remember why you’re working with them.” Luthor had heard her. “Right… well…” He took a deep breath because blowing up at her wasn’t going to help the situation. “Here’s what’s going to happen. Effective immediately, I’m taking over the mission.”

“But, this was assigned to me.” Sonata retorted just as quietly as before.

“I’m not about to get into this with you.” Luthor stated. “You’ve been using my deck, so you can use it to duel me. If you win, you can continue to use my old deck for the duration of this mission. If I win, you will relinquish my deck, and that gauntlet with your star chips.”

“Alright, that seems fair.” Sonata stated with a smile.

“Hardly.” Luthor thought as a duel field rose up nearby. “The reason I never use that deck anymore is simply because I needed to up my game. If you had your deck…Hm, note to self, find that deck and get the seal before someone else plays it.”

Sonata took the blue side while Luthor took the red side. Upon reaching the top, both put the decks down.

“Let’s Duel!”

(Sonata 2000/Luthor 2000)

“Since you challenged me, I’ll take the first turn!” Sonata drew. “I’ll simply set one monster and a face down card.”

“My turn.” Luthor drew. “I’ll start with Gladiator Beast Andal(LV 4/1900/1500).”

A bipedal bear in blue armor appeared.

“That’s a weird start.” Sonata commented. “Isn’t he your only non-effect monster?”

“You’d be right; however, his lack of effect tends to pair well with another card I have in my hand.” Luthor declared. “Since I control a Gladiator Beast monster, I can special summon Test Tiger(LV 3/600/300) from my hand.” A tiger in orange and blue armor appeared.

“By tributing him, I can target any Gladiator Beast I control, shuffle them into the deck, and then special summon out any Gladiator Beast I wish as though it were summoned through the effect of a Gladiator Beast.”

“Oh, that’s not good.” Sonata thought worried. “I had hoped I’d have one turn before he started in on this.”

“I tribute Test Tiger and target Andal.” Luthor continued as he began taking the appropriate steps. “In an age where people see Fusion as the costly extra deck method, this deck decimates those ideals. Special summon Gladiator Beast Augustus(LV 8/2600/1000).”

A bipedal raptor with four arms, two coming from its wings, appeared. “When he’s special summoned by the effect of a Gladiator Beast monster, I can special summon any Gladiator Beast from my hand, in defense mode, provided I shuffle it back into my deck at the End Phase.”

“Knowing him, that isn’t about to happen.” Sonata thought.

Luthor continued. “I’ll choose Gladiator Beast Octavius(LV 7/2500/1200).” A bipedal eagle in light green armor appeared. “When this Gladiator Beast is summoned by the effect of another, he can destroy any one face down spell/trap you control, and you only have one.”

“I’ll chain its activation.” Sonata declared. “The card you targeted was Ojama Duo. This special summons two Ojama Tokens(LV 2/0/1000)x2 to your field in defense position. Each time one of them is destroyed, you will take 300 life points of damage.”

“Well, I’ll give that she’s attempting to shut down some of my current deck’s best aspects, but that really only works when I’m not expecting it.” Luthor shook his head. “That’s not enough. I return Octavius and Augusta to enable this deck’s special version of fusion.

Two beast of the sky combine to create a master of all Gladiator Beast. Contact Fusion Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor(LV 8/2400/3000).” A bipedal reindeer in red armor and wielding a staff appeared.

“Once per turn, this card allows me to special summon any Fusion Gladiator Beast I wish from my Extra Deck ignoring their summoning conditions. I’ll choose Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz(LV 7/2600/1500).” A bipedal dino in black, gold, and red armor appeared.

“This is really not good.” Sonata thought with a sweat drop. “Once Luthor’s deck gets going, he can make plays that put even Adagio on the back foot. Currently, I don’t even have my own deck meaning I can’t combo like that.”

“Now, Gaiodiaz will destroy your face down monster.” Luthor continued. “When he destroys a monster and sends it to the grave, you take that monster’s DEF as life point damage.”

Giaodiaz destroyed the face down Ojama Pink(LV 2/0/1000).

(Sonata 1000/Luthor 2000)

“You just activated Ojama Pink.” Sonata declared. “When this monster is sent from the hand or field to the grave, we draw one card before discarding one card.” Both duelists did. “If I sent an Ojama card, I can shut down one of your monster zones until the end of your turn.

The card I sent was Ojama Magic meaning your free zone is sealed. Additionally, sending that card to the grave, from my hand or field, allows me to add Ojamas Green, Black, and Yellow to my hand.”

“That about checks out.” Luthor closed his eyes. “I believe I’ve done enough anyways, so I’ll set one card.” He opened his eyes. “Your move.”

“Right!” Sonata drew. “I activate Polymerization to fuse Ojamas Green, Black, and Yellow to bring about the king of all Ojama. Fusion summon Ojama King(LV 6/0/3000).” A large, white Ojama with a cape appeared.

I’ll couple it with two spells, Shield & Sword and Ojamuscle. First, Ojamuscle activates destroying every Ojama monster, except King, on the field. Ojama King(LV 6/2000/3000 effect) then gains 1000 ATK for every Ojama destroyed through this effect.

Your tokens being destroyed means you’ll take that 300 life points for each.” (Sonata 1000/Luthor 1400). “Then, Shield & Sword are going to swap only the original ATK and DEF of every monster currently on the field until the end of the turn.”

Ojama King(LV 6/5000/0 effect)
Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor(LV 8/3000/2400 effect).”
Gladiator Beast Gaiodiaz(LV 7/1500/2600 effect)

“I’ll admit she pulled off quite the combo to the point that I can see how she won those star chips with my deck, but at the end of the day, it’s still mine.” Luthor thought.

“Now, Ojama King will end this by destroying Gaiodiaz!” Sonata declared.

“That triggers my face down Defensive Tactics.” Luthor countered. “Provided I control at least 1 Gladiator Beast monster, monsters I control cannot be destroyed by battle and all damage I’d take from battles involving them is reduced to zero for the remainder of this turn.”

Gaiodiaz held up to the powerful body slam and came out of it uninjured. “Additionally, when this monster goes through battle, I can return him to the extra deck and special summon any two Gladiator Beast I wish from my deck.

I’ll choose Gladiator Beast Vespasius(LV 7/2300/0) and Gladiator Beast Laquari(LV 4/1800/400).” A bipedal sea serpent in blue and gold armor appeared alongside a bipedal tiger in orange and red armor.”

“Things just got worse.” Sonata thought.

“Just like almost every other Gladiator Beast, their effects trigger thanks to being special summoned through a Gladiator Beast. Laquari’s original ATK becomes 2100 while Vespasius will grant every Gladiator Beast five hundred more ATK.”

Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor(LV 8/3500/2400 effect)
Gladiator Beast Vespasius(LV 7/2800/0 effect)
Gladiator Beast Laquari(LV 4/2600/400 effect)

“This is so not good.” Sonata gulped before looking at her hand. “I set two cards and end my turn. While that means the effects of Sword & Shield go away, Ojamuscle is a permanent increase meaning my King isn’t defenseless.”

Gladiator Beast Tamer Editor(LV 8/2900/3000/effect)
Ojama King(LV 6/2000/3000 effect)

“I could use Tamer Editor, but that’s not how I’ll choose to end this.” Luthor drew. “I’ll combine my deer, tiger, and sea creature to summon forth a monster which pushes forward with the help of his comrades. Contact Fusion, Gladiator Beast Heraklinos(LV 8/3000/2800).” A tall, bipedal lion in tribal armor appeared. “Heraklinos will destroy Ojama King with Blazing Axe!”

“I activate my face down Shadow Spell.” Sonata declared. “This card will restrict your monster to ATK mode, prevent him from attacking, and he loses 700 ATK.”

“That won’t work.” Luthor declared. “By simply discarding one card from my hand, this monster negates any spell/trap you attempt to activate before destroying them. What’s more, this is an effect that can be used provided I have cards in my hand.”

“That means using my other face down is useless!” Sonata stepped back. “Nooooo!”

Heraklinos’ axe was bathed in fire as he slashed through Ojama King destroying him (Sonata 0/Luthor 1400). With the duel completed, Luthor and Sonata returned to the ground with the later feeling truly bummed by the outcome.

“I won the duel.” Luthor held out his hands. “So, give me back my old deck and your gauntlet.”

Sonata sighed, but he had defeated her fairly. She removed his deck box and her glove before handing them over.

Once everything was situated, he put a hand on her shoulder and leaned in. “Now, go find your deck.” He spoke quietly and masked his lips from any prying eyes. “Then, I don’t care what you…”

“Hey!” Arctic had arrived in that moment, and he was misreading the situation. “What are you doing to that girl?”

As he rushed on over, Luthor took moments to analyze the situation before concluding, “Sonata, no matter what happens, play along.” He still spoke quietly yet quickly as Arctic drew ever closer. “If you do, you’ll still complete the mission in a different way. Just keep this in mind.”

Sonata stared at Luthor shocked by his words, but she didn’t get the chance to respond as Arctic forced his way between the two. The bright side of this situation was the fact that the surprise third party was currently fixing his gaze on Luthor rather than her.

“I don’t know what’s happening, but this guy looked like he was bullying this girl.” Arctic thought as he stared down the Gladiator user. “While I’m no stranger to it, given my deck, I refuse to let others go through it.”

Luthor just stared down this duelist with an unreadable expression while Sonata was slowly managing to piece together what she hoped Luthor was intending. If she was following along, part of his quickly thrown together plan involved dueling this guy.

Meadow
The gang had spent until sunset attempting to find Mokuba; however, it seems Kemo was wise enough to high tail it well out of the area while they were all distracted.

“That guy must have taken Mokuba to Pegasus’ castle.” Tristan reasoned.

“So, this means they have Grandpa Muto and Kaiba’s little brother?” Tea asked.

“Looks that way.” Joey responded.

“We should have expected that guy wouldn’t adhere to his word.” Sunset reasoned. “After all, he’s no duelist, so how could we expect him to have the honor of one?”

“Well, this is just another reason to get you two your star chips.” Yugi declared. “Then, we’ll all enter that castle, beat Pegasus, get grandpa’s soul back, and rescue Mokuba.”

“If that’s the case, I need to duel next.” Joey declared firmly. “Yugi’s already beyond in, and you’re not that far along Sunset.” He looked at her. “No matter what, the next duelist is mine.”

“I have no problems with that Joey.” Sunset smiled. “First, we have to find some.”

“What are we waitin’ for?” Joey declared. “Let’s hurry and find my next opponent before nightfall!”

Hill
“I don’t get it.” Mai was laying back against her bag, staring out over the island, with a bored expression. “Trashing hotshot duelist is usually as fun as a fall clearance sale. Why can’t I enjoy it anymore?” Then, Sunset flashed through her mind making her blood boil.

“Gah, it’s all because of that punk, Sunset.” She mainly blamed the Hero user because that girl had been the one to reduce her life points to zero, expose her ‘tactic’, and simply got on her nerves. “I can’t believe some no-name duelist beat me! I’ve got to get even with her!”

Upon hearing her voice, a melancholic Rex Raptor, from his loss to Weevil, suddenly had his own fire stocked. “There you are, Mai!” She looked back at him. “I’ve been looking for you to have a rematch for what you did on the boat.”

“Funny.” Mai brushed him off. “I thought I already knocked you down.”

“Think whatever you want, but this time I’ll use my own deck.” Rex declared.

“You think I’ll waste another moment with a pee brain like you.” Mai was more direct now. “Beat it, dino breath.”

“I’ll have you know I was a finalist in this year’s Regional Championships!” Rex yelled.

Mai noticed his lack of star chips. “Despite how well you may have done before, you’re clearly struggling now.” She showed her gauntlet. “After all, your meager two chips are nothing to the eight I have.”

“What’s the deal with the people I want to beat already having so many star chips!?” Rex sweat dropped and his eye twitched a little. “How about this. I’ll do something for you first, but in return, you must promise to duel me!”

“What would I possibly…” Mai stopped herself as she realized this was a golden opportunity. “Actually, there is something you could do for me…Rather, someone you’ll have to duel first.”

Beach
“I could have sworn I caught sight of something or someone red coming this way.” Thunder muttered as he finally broke out of the brush. “Yeah, someone must be out here.”

“Uh, what are you doing muttering to yourself in my campsite?” A male voice rang out more confused than anything.

Thunder turned around to see a guy with black hair, green eyes, black pants, matching shirt, and a red vest.

“Oh, sorry about that.” Thunder chuckled as he rubbed the back of his head. “I just thought I saw someone up here and decided to check it out. Oh, my name is Shadow Thunder, by the way, but I tend to prefer Thunder.”

“I’m Duke Devlin.” Duke noticed his star chips. “Were you looking for someone to duel?”

“Partially, but I’ve mainly been searching for anyone to ask them about this deck my brother and I found.” Thunder informed.

“A deck?” Duke questioned.

“Yeah.” Thunder nodded. “My brother and I were finishing up lunch when he spotted it. Would it happen to be yours, have you met anyone lacking a deck, or has anyone asked you about it?”

“I’m going to have to say no to all three.” Duke responded.

“Dang it.” Thunder sighed and shook his head. “It’s got to belong to someone, yet we’ve had no luck.”

“That’s lady luck for ya.” Duke smiled. “She can be a cruel mistress, and all you can do is turn situations like this into worthwhile ones.” He held up his gauntlet of five star chips. “I mean, I am hoping you still want to enter Pegasus’ castle same as me or anyone.”

“Just because my bro found a deck, it doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten why we’re here in the first place.” Thunder liked this guy’s attitude. “I’ll take you on.”

Clearing
“Wow, with all the crazy duelist we’ve run into, it’s nice to see some normal kids for a change.” Tea commented.

“I don’t know.” Sunset crossed her arms. “I think I’m starting to see a pattern in that the duelists who aren’t like everyone else tend to be more skilled.”

“Regardless of whether or not that’s true, this is still a whole group of duelists.” Tristan looked at Joey. “How about it, tough guy? Any of these tykes puny enough for you to take on or would you like to find some three-year-olds instead?”

“Be nice.” Tea smirked. “I mean, you know Joey’s just biding his time until we find some dueling monkeys for him to take on.”

That brought a laugh to everyone except Joey. “Who wants some!?” He looked to his friends. “One more word about duelin’ monkeys, and I’m goin’ to…”

They then heard a familiar laugh drawing their attention.

“Great, it’s her.” Sunset muttered.

“Well, hello Sunset.” Mai greeted. “Glad to see me?”

“Not exactly the word I’d use.” Sunset muttered.

“I see you’ve come to think you’re better than me.” Mai commented.

Sunset gave a smug grin as she shrugged. “Pretty sure I proved it by being the one to reduce your life points to zero and being the winner of that four way match. Remind me again where you placed?”

“That was all a fluke!” Mai exclaimed as she lost her cool. “If you really think you’re that great, let’s see you prove it by facing the duelist I have arranged for you.”

“Who did you get?” Sunset inquired.

“I’ll be dueling on Mai’s behalf.” Rex declared as he stepped out from behind a tree. “Recognize me?”

“That’s Rex Raptor.” Yugi stated.

“Huh, if I knew antagonizing Mai would get me an opponent like him, I’d have done more.” Sunset thought.

She didn’t really mean it. Sunset was aware that going any further with this rivalry, which seemed healthy enough by how anyone’s reacted to it, ran the risk of potentially bringing out her worst from before the Fall Formal. That was someone she’d never be again.

Before the hero user could speak up, Joey stepped forward. “Hold on one moment!” Everyone looked at him. “If you’re not going to face Sunset yourself, then I see no reason why she should have to duel whoever this Rex Raptor is. I’ll take him on!”

“Joey, don’t you remember?” Tea questioned exasperated. “Rex placed second in the Regionals.”

“Really bro, pick your battles.” Tristan added.

“I am picking my battle.” Joey turned to Sunset with a determined expression. “You and Yugi are already way ahead of me, and you gave me your word that the next duelist would be all mine. Sunset, please let me do this.”

Now everyone was looking at her, and as much as Sunset wanted to duel someone like Rex, she could see that Joey needed this more than her.

“You know Mai, it is unfair you’d have someone else duel for you like this and expect me to go along with it.” She stated. “If you want Rex to duel me, he’ll have to get through a duelist of my choosing, and that will be Joey Wheeler.”

Tea, Tristan, Mai, and Rex were all shocked.

“You want me to duel him!?” Rex exclaimed.

“That’s my condition.” Sunset crossed her arms. “Mai can either accept it, or you two can leave without a duel.”

“Sunset…” Mai grunted. “Fine, I’ll agree to those terms on one condition.” She regained her earlier confidence. “If Joey’s going to duel, then you nor little Yugi can do any back seat dueling. Should either of you do that, he’ll be disqualified, and Rex will win.”

“You can’t expect Joey to agree to that!” Tea exclaimed.

“No, we will agree to those terms.” Joey retorted. “In fact, I wouldn’t want this any other way. I need to prove that I deserve these star chips. All my life, people try to help me because they don’t think I can help myself. Well, I don’t need to be babied this time.”

“You’ve lost it Joey.” Tristan stated worried. “I won’t just stand here and watch you throw star chips away like this.” He looked to the other two duelists. “I hope you don’t mind, but we’ll just have to go with what Sunset said.” Joey was getting angry. “There will be no…”

“That’s it!” Joey declared.

He whirled around and slugged Tristan across the face hard enough to send him crashing to his butt.

“Ah, what the hell man!?” Tristan rubbed his arm over his face. “Why’d you slug me?”

“You haven’t been listening, wise guy.” Joey responded. “The only reason I’m here is because Sunset got me in, and a good portion of my deck is cards all of you gave me. Beyond that, I’m tired of people thinking they must come to my rescue. I need to prove that I can do this.”

“Joey, that’s not how it is.” Yugi tried. “Friends look out for each other.”

“Keep out of this Yugs.” Joey declared firmly. “Let me do what I got to do.”

“Great idea.” Tristan stated sarcastically as he stood up. “Do whatever you got to even at the cost of helping your sister.”

“Serenity.” An image of his sister flashed through Joey’s mind. “Don’t worry sis. I’ll make you proud.”

“Maybe agreeing to this was a mistake.” Sunset thought worriedly.

“Alright, let’s all just chill out…” Tea began.

“Forget it.” Tristan turned away. “If the macho man over here wants to lose, he can do it by himself just like he wants.”

He then walked away.

“Tristan!” Yugi and Sunset called after him.

“Let him go.” Joey declared.

“Looks like some trouble in paradise.” Rex called out.

“Stay out of this!” Tea shouted.

Joey held up an arm to stop her as his full attention was on Rex.

“So, what’s the final verdict?” Mai asked. “Is your little group going to back out, or are we going to get started?”

“I’m still here, aren’t I?” Joey then looked to his remaining friends. “Yugi and Sunset, no offense, but I’d like you two to stay out of this.”

Both, even Sunset who was feeling a little conflicted, nodded.

“Hold on one second.” Rex spoke up catching everyone’s attention. “I will only accept everything as it is provided you agree to the following terms for this duel. We will bet two star chips along with three of our best cards.”

Considering how quickly what Mai told him he’d have to do was changing, and the fact that it seemed like he’d now have to duel Sunset after Joey, Rex figured he might as well sweeten the deal on his end. What better sweetener than getting some new cards just as Weevil had?

“Three of our best cards?” Joey asked.

“That’s right.” Rex nodded as he got out his deck, fanned it out, and plucked out three cards. “I’ll wager my primo combo of Red-Eyes Black Dragon, Ancient Lizard, and Red-Eyes Ancient Dragon provided you can put something worthwhile up as your ante.”

Joey looked over the cards. “The main fusion material, a monster that can act like Polymerization, and a fusion.” He knew exactly what he’d use to match that and plucked out the three cards. “I’ll put up my Time Wizard, Time Wizard of Tomorrow, and Hundred Dragon.”

Rex appraised the cards before smirking. “I’ll accept that ante meaning it’s dino feeding time!”

A duel arena rose up behind him.

Author's Note:

The Dartz of this universe has been hedging bets. At this point, he has the three original Doma, the three sirens, and two brothers. By the time I get to season four, he'll have one last addition making Nine Doma. Is this last addition going to be Mai or someone else?

Well, you'll just have to wait because Dartz himself is waiting on duelists around the world to ripen. If he struck now, the energy he could get would be a pittance. As for the Ojama deck being used here, it ties into Jaden.

He won't be able to use heroes, so it only stands to reason that Chazz should get a different deck more fitting to rival the deck I have in mind for Jaden. What deck will that be? That's still a way off.

Beyond that, the rest of this chapter was used to set up the next three duels I intend to cover in this evening of the first day. While Yugi could just offer his extra star chips to his friends, he knows at this point neither of them would accept it.

PreviousChapters Next