• Published 28th Sep 2022
  • 1,552 Views, 64 Comments

Sonic The Hedgehog x My Little Pony: IDW Comics - BronySonicFan



The Mane 5 and Team Sonic try to find the stolen Unity Crystal before magic disappears forever, while Team Sonic unfolds some mysteries on their own, like find their way back home.

  • ...
5
 64
 1,552

Epilogue: Echoes from the Past

Green Hills - 26 Years Ago...

A blue blur passed running by at top speed around Green Hills.

You might think this is our beloved Blue Blur that's been fighting Dr. Eggman ever since he was young, right?

Well, you're wrong. This is a blue blur... just not the one we already know. This blue blur was just as fast as ours... but he was a dark blue hedgehog with green eyes and fully brown shoes and gloves.

He's as confident as Sonic, yeah, but he's not as reckless or careless as him. In fact, he does everything he can to protect his people, and now most than ever since his wife will give birth to their son soon enough, so he's training more than ever to protect his village and his people.

But why is he running right now? Well, unlike Sonic, he isn't running because of fun, or because he's as free as the wind. He is running because he's trying to hid and dodge a bunch of arrows that are being thrown to him.

He moved around the forest at fast paste, jumping over branches and rocks, sliding under some places that allowed him to, curling into a ball to fit in areas where the arrows would never reach him, and even grabbing some of them to throw them back at whoever was launching them.

And then, in the skies, we see a figure both flying and launching the arrows at the hedgehog. He stopped once he saw himself cornered near a mountain, and the figure that's being following him landed right behind him. The hedgehog turned around and frowned at who was behind him: a female Owl warrior with a mask covering her face, a bunch of arrows, a bow and a long spear, which she decided to take out.

"End of the line... Jules" the woman said, pointing her spear to the hedgehog in a fighting position.

"You're not the first one who tries to intimidate me... Longclaw" Jules replied with a smirk, charging up his own electrical powers. "After all, it wouldn't be the first time we dance this piece!" he pointed out on a playful tone, now positioning to run towards the owl.

Despite her face being covered by the mask, Longclaw smirked and launched herself against Jules, who also boosted against her as he curled into a ball and then tried to hit the owl lady. However, she not only dodged the attack, but she also grabbed Jules, still curled into a ball, and then launched him back to the mountain.

After that, Jules uncurled and groaned in pain, but when he saw Longclaw charging against him again, he quickly moved away and then made a zig zag move that moved him in the air before launching him against Longclaw, kicking her on one side.

After that, Jules charged up a Spindash and charged against Longclaw again, but the owl grabbed the spindash with her bare hands, and then she punched Jules against the floor, where he lay in pain, but once he shook his head and recovered, he saw Longclaw's spear pointing right at his neck.

She lifted up the spear slightly, and Jules never closed his eyes nor tried to look away or run.

Was he waiting for his fate? Was this it? Was he going to die in the hands of the one who claims to be Sonic's mother?

Nop, not a single bit.

"Boop!" Longclaw said, as she booped Jules' nose with her spear, making the hedgehog to blush slightly in shame. "I won again, July!" Longclaw added in a mocking tone, also taking off her mask and smirking playfully at him.

"... Dang it..." Jules replied. "How's that I keep loosing against you?" he asked with a smile, although he was frustrated that Longclaw defeated him again.

"I don't know, maybe if you stopped depending so much on your Spindash, you could actually strike more than one miserable punch" Longclaw replied with a mocking smirk, extending her hand to Jules.

Jules stared blankly at her, before smirking, roll his eyes and then take Longclaw's hand to stand up. "Maybe" he said. "Still, I lost count on how many times you have defeated me already" he confessed, as they both began to walk back to their village. "I mean, I doubt you have count of––" he tried to add, but...

"48 Times" Longclaw replied with a smirk.

Jules stopped and deadpanned at her. "... You've gotta be kidding me... You seriously have count of that?!" he asked on disbelief.

"It's not that hard when you cannot get pass from your Spindash to make me even a slight scratch, July" Longclaw replied in a playful tone.

"Can you please stop calling me like that?" Jules pled with a bored expression, as they resumed their walk. "We're not kids anymore, and we're also leaders of our tribes! You're gonna embarrass me in front of them..." he pointed out with a blush in shame.

"Mocking you up is what I live for, July" Longclaw replied. "I'll stop calling you like that when you stop being adorable anytime you loose against me" she added.

Jules rolled his eyes and shook his head in negation. "And people says you're more mature than I..." he mocked up back.

"Oh, I definitely am more mature than you, July. You're just to shy to admit it" Longclaw replied mockingly.

"Grow up, Longclaw" Jules replied with a blush.

Finally, after walking for what felt like an eternity, the two leaders of their tribes arrived to their village: a small, hidden place on Green Hills called 'The Hidden Village'. I know, pretty original, isn't it? However, the name does not matter; their inhabitants do.

You see, even thought this placed is hidden, it can be considered a beautiful, peaceful and normal village, since usually everyone just collects resources from garden's they made by themselves, water from the nearby lake and river, and they also relay on their leaders - Jules and Longclaw - to protect them if necessary.

This last thing is exactly why certain members of both tribes are chosen to train themselves, besides the leaders, to fight and defend themselves to protect the village if it ever gets necessary. Again, the place is very peaceful, and little to nobody ever approaches here, so they're pretty much save for now...

However, this place is also the current location of the 7 Chaos Emeralds. Now, why are all of them on this place? Well, years ago, an Ancient civilization arrived from space to the Hedgehogs and Owls original home with 6 Chaos Emerald, while they had the last one thinking it was a Gem of Miracles.

They decided to give a home to this civilization, but then, an old enemy of them arrived and tried to destroy them forever. So, the civilization, the Hedgehogs and Owls all travelled to another dimension - this one - and stablished there. That ancient civilization evolved and transformed into the Chao, while the other two tribes simply prospered.

Now, why is all of this important, you might wonder. Well, before that enemy arrived, a prophecy told that a blue hedgehog will be chosen by the Chaos Emeralds to use their power, confront said enemy and destroy it forever. After said enemy returned, a tradition was born among the hedgehogs: 2 days after the leader's baby was born, everyone gathers around a pedestal where the baby is placed, surrounded by the 7 Chaos Emeralds.

If the seven of them shine bright and dance around the baby, it meant that the chosen one to confront that ancient enemy has finally born... but if it doesn't, then it means that is not the time yet.

Right now, the village was preparing everything for that meeting, since Jules' wife was going to give birth to their baby soon enough.

"I hope everything's ready for when Bernie gives birth to our little one" Jules said with worry.

"Have you though on any name for him yet?" Longclaw asked curiously.

"Several, actually" Jules replied. "Is kinda weird, you know? We both agreed ages ago that 'Maurice' will be his second name, that's not changing... but we cannot agree on the first one" he confessed with a sheepish smile.

"Gosh, you two are meant for each other..." Longclaw rolled her eyes and playfully shook her head. "How's that you decided on a middle name but can't chose a normal one?" she asked on disbelief.

"Well, we––" Jules tried to reply, but then he heard screams coming from his home.

And then, a brown hedgehog came out of his house and ran straight to him. "Chief! Your wife! Is happening! The baby is coming!" he said with worry and concern.

Jules gasped, and in a flash, he was moving along Longclaw towards his house.

Once he entered, he found his wife Bernie on the bed, with two pink hedgehog girls at her side holding her hands, while a hedgehog with a doctor coat was also there, and he turned to face Jules.

"Thank Chaos you're here, chief!" the doctor said with a smile, before frowning in worry. "The water broke a few minutes ago. She's fine, but I'm gonna need extra help with taking the baby out" he explained.

"I can provide help" Longclaw assured with a determinate look. "Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it" she added.

"Alright. Chief, you better go and give company to your wife. She needs it today, more than ever" the doctor pointed out to Jules.

"Ive been preparing for this day... just tell me what to do, doc" Jules replied, while looking at his wife.

Bernie is a light blue hedgehog with a blonde fringe, purple eyes and a green dress. Of course, her belly was bigger because of their child that soon enough will come to this world.

Jules ran to her side and kneeled, holding her hand with worry. "I'm here, Bernie! J-Just keep pushing, alright? I'm not leaving your side!" he assured.

Bernie smiled weakly, and soon enough both the doctor and Longclaw arrived to start with the process of bringing a new child to this world...


After 2 hours, everything worked out just fine.

Bernie was stable and recovering after pulling out, while Jules and Longclaw took a look at the newborn child: a little, blue male hedgehog that slept peacefully over his father's arms. He weirdly born with fully black eyes, being the first of his kind since usually every other hedgehog was born with colored eyes... but they decided to let it slip for the moment.

He was so little, so adorable, so... perfect.

Once Bernie seemed to have wake up, both Jules and Longclaw approached with the little hedgehog. Jules sat down on the bed and extended the baby to Bernie, who carefully grabbed her son and smiled warmly at him. The little baby seemed to wake up, and he giggled at the sight of his mother, which made Bernie's heart to melt.

"Jules... I'm just meeting our little one, and I already feel like I could die for him..." Bernie muttered with slight tears of joy, caressing her son's head, who just giggled at his mother's touch.

"I'm not going to lie, Bernie: I cried a lot after 20 minutes of holding him" Jules confused with a smile, while also kissing Bernie's forehead.

"Sweet Chaos... he's even more perfect than I thought!" Bernie cheered with a smile.

"He's just as adorable as you, Bernie" Jules said with a smirk. "I hopes he gets my attitude, tho" he confessed in a playful tone.

"Please no" Bernie replied with a playful smirk. "I love you, Jules, but I don't need a tiny version of you running around the village" she confessed.

"I really hate to interrupt this, but... you two still need a name for him, you know" Longclaw pointed out with a sheepish smile. "I mean, I get his middle name is 'Maurice', but... what about his first name? You still haven't come up with that" she added a bit concerned.

Both Jules and Bernie looked at each other with worry, before looking back at their kid.

"Well... we did came up with a name, or at least, we think we finally found it" Jules admitted with a little smile.

"Ever since our ancestors ran away from Equis and arrived here, all the leaders had super sonic speed... but their names never actually represented that" Bernie explained.

"That's why, we decided that this little guy should change that" Jules said with a smile, as he tickled the baby's belly and he laughed a bit.

"And well? What is his name, then?" Longclaw asked curiously.

Bernie and Jules smirked at each other before looking back at their son. "... Sonic" they said in unison.

".... Sonic Maurice Hedgehog..." Longclaw said out loud.

"Actually, could you put the Maurice aside when presenting him?" Bernie requested.

"Yeah, it might be his full name, but... we want his presentation to be memorial!" Jules pointed out with a smirk.

Longclaw smirked and shook her head in disbelief. "Alright, then. We'll present the village their new and future leader: Sonic the Hedgehog" she stated with a smile.

Author's Note:

These epilogues tease up what's coming on Season 2.

This second one happens in the past, true... but I think you'll get better context on the next two stories (both Season 2 and the Frontiers one).

Comments ( 8 )

But soon Eggman’s heart will soften when Sage considers him her father.

Wow, a backstory of Longclaw, along with Sonic’s parents, Jules and Bernie, along with their own tribe and village, on an island where all the chaos emeralds go, wow that is amazing and boy do those three were good friends, and I get the feeling things will be more revealed and things got more and more interesting and exciting, awesome job, and looking forward to season 2, and wow that was a pretty great backstory

11523573
Sorta, will wait and see

I'm really liking where the lore of this story is going!

Bernie was stable and recovering after pulling out, while Jules and Longclaw took a look at the newborn child: a little, blue male hedgehog that slept peacefully over his father's arms. He weirdly born with fully black eyes, being the first of his kind since usually every other hedgehog was born with colored eyes... but they decided to let it slip for the moment.

And so, a legend was born!

"Ever since our ancestors ran away from Equis and arrived here, all the leaders had super sonic speed... but their names never actually represented that" Bernie explained.

Hol' up, are you implying exactly what I think you're implying?

11523724
What's a good story without a cliffhanger, huh? (I won't tell what she wants, of course. It'll ruin the surprise.)

11599582
Thanks for pointing that :)

Comment posted by N3xmaz1ng deleted Jun 3rd, 2023
Login or register to comment