• Published 29th Aug 2022
  • 894 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Eternal - AlphaToothless95



This is the story of how Midnight and the Mane 6 first met, and how g5 (My AU) came to be.

  • ...
3
 15
 894

Friendship is Eternal

Midnight suddenly flys through the top of the now ruined ship and lands on the part of the roof that actually survived, taking a moment to recover. She hears something but doesn’t react in time before a blur goes past her and a cloud of smoke and dust surrounds her as it seems to start running or flying around her. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash rejoins her friends and nods, giving them the signal. “Alright… let’s do this.” Twilight says before they all split up and Twilight is the first to run into the dust cloud, jump towards Midnight and deliver a powerful punch before landing and rolling forward, right back into the cloud.

Rainbow flips over her from behind and kicks her in the chest before jumping into the cloud and Midnight tries blasting her but she doesn’t hear it impact. Rarity comes out of nowhere and delivers a kick to Midnight’s face and Midnight tries blasting her too but isn’t able to hit her before she disappears into the cloud. She focuses and hears something and tries turning around to blast, but doesn’t realize that Rarity had frozen her right leg and that gives Applejack a chance to give Midnight’s face a good strong punch and Fluttershy quickly follows up by pushing Midnight and using wind when she did which knocks her straight into a powerful kick from Pinkie Pie.

Midnight gets super annoyed and catches the blade of Twilight’s sword before breaking it and stabbing her in the shoulder with one of the shards of the broken blade. Twilight is knocked down into the ship before she can even scream in pain. Pinkie jumps at Midnight and tries kicking her but Midnight grabs her leg, slams her down and starts swinging her into the others, literally using her as a weapon against her own friends. Once they’re all down, she forces them all together then unleashes a powerful blast towards them, causing an explosion that injures all of them. She then laughs evilly. Maybe she still had a chance to win this.

She senses a few individuals coming towards her and shadow tendrils go to them all and wrap around them, immobilizing them and using painful levels of dark magic on them. She turns to see Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Flurry Heart, Astelle, Snowdrop, Discord, Shining Armor, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer all held up in her tendrils. “Quite the catch…” Midnight says but before she can do anything else, a beam of energy hits her, knocking her back but also draining the magic out of her. She groans in pain as it does and looks to see where it’s coming from and is met with the sight of the legion of doom… and Grogar's bell.

“Too bad ya can’t take it with you!” Cozy Glow yells with a smirk and Midnight growls in annoyance as the shadow tendrils start to disappear along with her extra four wings. Her markings start to go purple again instead of red and her voice slowly becomes normal. She screams in pain as the magic fully leaves her body or at least most of the extra power she had gained does. She still had a bit of magic left… and she knew just who to take more from. She slowly backs away and Celestia starts walking up to her, readying her magic.

“So this is how it ends, huh Astelle? After everything, you turn on me just like that?!” Midnight asks angrily, earning a glare from Astelle. Midnight shakes her head to mimic disappointment. “You know… had you stayed on my side… we could’ve been great together… and a lot of pain could’ve been avoided… pain like this!” Midnight yells right before she blasts everyone back and knocks the bell away from the legion of doom. She then blasts a beam of magic towards Celestia and Luna but Astelle jumps in the way and at the last second, Midnight makes the blast extra powerful and concentrated and it immediately burns a whole into Astelle's chest before turning into a magic tendril and yanking her forward and she holds her up by her throat as the tendril starts draining the magic out of her.

NO!!!” Celestia and Luna both yell as they try to get to them but Midnight makes a barrier that expands greatly and knocks everyone back in the process. They quickly get up and try everything they can to get past the barrier.

Astelle starts screaming in pain as the magic drain starts to take its toll and the shock wears off as Midnight smiles evilly, sensing that Astelle no longer had any magic left. “You brought this on yourself… Goodbye… old friend.” Midnight says before she expands the shield more as it disappears, knocking everyone back once again and she throws Astelle away and she lands by her sisters. Celestia and Luna are immediately by her side and Midnight smiles, readying her new magic to kill them all until she senses someone about to attack her. She smirks and holds the assailant up in her magic and looks to see Snowdrop. “Tsk tsk tsk, now you should know better Snowdrop. But it seems your mind is still stuck in the same place it was a thousand years ago so… allow me to reunite you with your dear mother!” Midnight yells and this catches Luna’s attention.

“What… NO!” Luna screams as she tries helping Snowdrop but Midnight pulls the teenage filly towards herself and literally punches a hole into her stomach. Luna screams in distress and anger before jumping at Midnight, going towards her at an incredibly fast speed. Midnight merely knocks her away with magic and throws Snowdrop into her and they collide before they hit the ground. Midnight then screams and unleash and even stronger wave of magic, knocking everyone off the ship and Luna is about to get up and try attacking Midnight again until she feels someone grab her wrist and looks to see it’s Snowdrop.

“Luna… don’t, you’ll… you’ll just end up dying…” She says and Luna is about to protest until she sees the state that Snowdrop is in and she can see hints of her ice healing trying to kick in but… she knows it won’t be fast enough. Regardless, she starts using a healing spell on her anyway.

“I won’t let it happen again… I won’t!” She shouts, refusing to let Snowdrop die in a way such as this. She looks to her left and sees Celestia doing the same to Astelle. She teleports herself and Snowdrop right next to them and continues healing after checking to see if the healing was working on Astelle, which it was… very slowly… too slowly… As soon as she sees that, she checks on Snowdrop's progress and sees that… it’s working just as slowly if only a little faster…

“Luna just stop… we both know this is it… Why won’t you listen?” Snowdrop says, causing Luna to look her in the eyes and reveal the tears that she was fighting so desperately against.

“Because I don’t want to lose you!” Luna practically shouts before looking at Astelle, then Celestia and back at Snowdrop. “We just got you two back and we refuse to let you go again so soon!” Luna says and Celestia frowns and closes her eyes then looks down at Astelle.

“Luna's right, we can… we can fix this. We can save you!” Celestia says and Astelle gives her a sad smile before slowly putting one hand on her cheek.

“You… already did… I became a monster… and you two brought me back… the real me… so now… I won’t die a monster…” Astelle says, slightly crying and also putting her other hand on Luna's cheek to get her to look at her one last time. “I am so proud of you two… and our parents must be too… thank you so much. Remember that no matter what happened between us before… I… will always… love you both…” Astelle says as she slowly starts to go limp. Snowdrop starts doing the same and she puts her hand on one of Luna's and sadly smiles up at her.

“And no matter what others think… keep… keep shining… as bright as… the stars…” Snowdrop says before her eyes slowly close and at the same time, both her and Astelle go completely still and let out their last breaths. Both Celestia and Luna try everything they can think of to try and get them to wake up, breathe or anything until they both finally realize that… they’re gone. They both start crying and hugging one another as they try their best to comfort each other after the loss they just suffered… again. Why did it have to happen again…?

Meanwhile, Midnight senses this and is about to fly off and address her army until she gets blasted and tackled from behind. Twilight was attacking her and as they rolled forward, Twilight had started punching Midnight in the face repeatedly until they separate and slowly stand up to face each other.

“Ah, Princess Twilight. Back for round… I’ve lost count. So eager for a repeat of last time, are we? Though I’ll have to warn you, I don’t exactly know who I’m gonna kill in front of you this time.” Midnight says, that same goddamn infuriating smirk on her face. Twilight clenches her fist and grits her teeth as she feels rage and magic fuel her mind and her body.

“The only one dying here… is you.” She says, her voice low, hoarse, and containing so much venom that it was shocking even to Midnight. She could feel the rage coming from the young alicorn and it felt so similar… to the rage that had created her… the rage of a pony who had just reached a major breaking point. She stretches her neck and her shoulders and gets ready to fight.

“Well… come on then princess… one last fight. One shall rise…” Midnight says, pointing to herself and before she can point to Twilight or say anything else, Twilight charges forward faster than she’s ever seen her go.

“One shall fall!” She yells before throwing a punch to Midnight and Midnight ducks under it but she could feel the wind and power behind the punch nearly yank her head back. Midnight goes to turn and punch Twilight but finds that she can’t turn because of a magic glyph that Twilight placed under her. She looks up just in time to receive a drop kick to the head which knocks her down to her knees. Twilight then slams both her fists down onto Midnight’s back, knocking her down onto her face and then she flys up only to come down just as Midnight manages to break free from the glyph and roll out of the way.

Twilight slams down on the spot that Midnight was just on, making a giant dent in the ship. She looks and sees Midnight throwing a punch her way but she catches it and breaks her wrist, pulling her to her and clotheslining her. She then kicks Midnight away and then gives chase after her. She then cartwheels and jumps as soon as she gets to her feet then comes down right on top of Midnight, landing a punch right in her stomach, knocking all the air out of her. Before she can deliver anymore punches than that though, Midnight knocks her away and gets up before her wrist heals and she makes a blade come out of both her gauntlets.

She then runs towards Twilight, charging the blades with magic and she swings at Twilight and when she moves back, she’s still knocked back and cut by a wave of magic. She quickly gets up though and starts dodging more, being careful about which direction she dodges in and how fast she dodges strike after strike. She eventually catches one of the blades and breaks it before cutting Midnight multiple times with it and then stabbing her in the stomach then the chest and she tries stabbing her in the face but Midnight catches it and uses the momentum to flip Twilight and slam her then stab her in the stomach which sends a tiny beam of magic through her body, causing her to scream in pain.

“Like I said: a repeat! You’re still as weak as ever and I’m starting to come out on top no matter how aggressive you get or how determined you are to avenge your dear old mommy and daddy!” Midnight says before she rips the blade out then punches and kicks Twilight's wound, making her scream again before Midnight starts punching her in the face multiple times, each punch getting stronger than the last… but with each punch, Twilight gets a flash of memories of her parents… right up until the last time she saw them. Her eyes start to glow as she slowly looks up at Midnight who was just getting ready to stab her in the face. She yells in anger before a wave of magic knocks Midnight off her, creating so many new wounds on her body and damaging her armor to a whole new level.

Before Midnight can even land, Twilight tackles her and drags her along the roof of the ship before bringing her up and kneeing her. She grabs her leg before she can go far and slams her. She then stands her up and starts punching her and beating her into a bloody pulp. With each punch, Twilight starts getting more aggressive and angry, and soon the fight starts getting everyone’s attention. Twilight eventually slams Midnight after flipping over her. She then sits her up and continues punching her until she eventually delivers a punch while blasting her magic and it blasts a hole through Midnight's body. Midnight just stares in shock until she falls to her knees and Twilight makes one of her blades appear and slowly raises it.

“This is for my mother… my father… my friends… for all the lives you ruined! Today you answer for all of it!” Twilight says before she brings her blade down and just as it’s about to hit Midnight, Rainbow Dash comes out of nowhere and catches it. She growls in anger and annoyance and tries again, but this time Applejack helps Dash keep it back and both of them together are still barely enough.

“Twi! Look at me! Look at me!” Rainbow says and Twilight slowly listens and looks at her. “If you do this, you punish Solaris too… and then there’s no going back… Don’t do this Twi… don’t be like Midnight…” Rainbow says and Twilight looks between her and Midnight… then slowly lowers the sword… and drops it. Rainbow smiles and slowly cups Twilight's face in her hands. Twilight mumbles a bunch of times about how sorry she is and how she lost herself for a moment but Rainbow just gently shushes her and comforts her, reassuring her.

Midnight smirks a bit and tries attacking Rainbow but Twilight, sensing that, quickly moves Dash, catches Midnight’s hand then punches her away. “I may not have made you pay in the way that I… and the rest of Equestria wanted… but all of us… can punish you in the way… that the world needs.” Twilights says as Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie stand by her, Rainbow, and Applejack. They all start glowing, specifically their elements and they start floating. Twilight fires a spell past Midnight and it opens a portal back into the dimension she was trapped in before.

“No! NO! Not again!” Midnight says as she claws at the ground, trying her damndest not to go back into that Faust forsaken dimension.

“Ya see Midnight, your greatest mistake was forgetting the one thing I told you the first time we defeated you. Friendship isn’t weak and it isn’t just magic!” Twilight says before a beam of multicolored magic starts connecting all their elements and they start glowing more as they all say the same thing at the same time.

Friendship! Is! ETERNAL!

And with that, they unleash a stream of multicolored harmony magic in Midnight's direction, starting to push her back into the portal.

“Nooooo!” Midnight says but here voice sounded a little… off. The next time she speaks, Twilight freezes up as she seems to recognize the voice.

“Twilight…” She says, causing Twilight to focus her vision enough to see half of Midnight’s face gone, revealing… Solaris. Solaris's mane was disheveled and Twilight could tell she had been crying a lot… poor thing. What she says next though mostly assures Twilight that she was doing the right thing… and that this is what Solaris wanted. “Thank you…” She says before Midnight's body suddenly lets go and goes flying back into the portal. Before they disappear, Twilight can see the faintest hint of Solaris giving her a smile… and she slightly smiles back.

The portal then goes into the sky and gets at least twenty times bigger and Opaline and Sombra both watch from afar in disappointment as all the villains slowly get sucked into it but all the brainwashed ponies and other creatures go back to normal and stay on the ground. With that, they slowly make their departure, both vowing revenge… not for Midnight, but for themselves. Meanwhile Twilight could see the same thing that happened to Midnight and Solaris just now happening to Sky Blazer… only she looked scared whereas Solaris had looked mostly at peace despite obviously being scared too. She frowns and watches as Sky joins the rest of the villains in that dimension.

After the real villains are all dealt with, the portal closes… and it takes a minute for everyone to process what just happened until… they realize that they’ve won… they’ve finally won! …But at what cost?

Twilight looks around and sees the destruction, damage and death that had taken place from everything that had happened and she also sees the clouds that had covered the sky parting to make way for the sun. She sighs and walks to the edge of the ship and sits down, just now starting to notice how tired and injured she really was. All her friends have the same idea as they sit by her. They all take a moment to try and enjoy the peace that they so desperately needed and deserved.

“We did it… Midnight's finally gone… and all the bad guys are dealt with…” Rainbow says and everyone softly smiles at both those facts… until they see exactly how many creatures got injured… and how many died.

“And in the end… it still cost us and others so much…”Twilight says, frowning which causes Rainbow to lean against her and she puts a wing around her, pulling her closer. Applejack does the same to Rarity, using her arm and Pinkie does the same for Fluttershy but Fluttershy wraps a wing around her in return. Suddenly, they see and hear ponies and other creatures cheering and they look to see they’re all celebrating the fact that Midnight’s gone and cheering for them. They all slowly stand up and smile until Twilight shoots magic into the air, making makeshift fireworks and Tempest does the same along with dragons and unicorns and any creature with power who could make fireworks.

Rainbow gets an idea and flys up into the air, starting to go as fast as she could until finally.. she does a sonic rainboom, coloring the whole sky. She then lands back by her friends and that rainboom just so happened to get their spirits back up to a noticeable level.

“Sooo now what do we do?” Pinkie asks and the rest of the Mane six agree until Twilight looks at them all, starting to answer.

“There’s… much to rebuild… but if the years that we’ve all been together have taught me anything at all… it’s that as long as we have each other… we can do anything. So… what do you all say to one more… adventure?” Twilight asks and instantly all her friends cheer and agree, gathering around for a group hug. They then all look at the sky, noticing the aftermath of the rainboom as the colorful pattern continues to spread while fading… bringing back hope to all who see it.


Two Years Later, Canterlot

As Twilight watched the guards take a now powerless Opaline away, she couldn’t help but feel like something was… off. For two whole years, things had been peaceful. Busy, but peaceful. The Dazzlings had gone back to their home in the ocean, the legion of doom had stayed in the Crystal Empire where Twilight's students, including a nearly graduated Luster Dawn, had gone to study a bit about it's culture and Flurry Heart was now the ruler of the empire after she had saved it from a serious threat, Sunset had gone back to the human world after the mirror was repaired but had often visited to see Starlight, the girls, and the Dazzlings, especially Adagio, Tempest had been given a ring for her horn that projected the rest of her broken horn and helped her focus her magic as if her horn was never broken in the first place, and she was now captain of Twilight’s royal guard.

The kingdoms had all rebuilt and worked together to start improving Equestria and helping it move past the memory of Midnight. Celestia and Luna had decided to retire once again but always be on call if Twilight ever needed them. The Wonderbolts had become better than ever under Rainbow Dash's leadership. Magic had almost completely disappeared for some reason a few months ago but due to the creation of new harmony crystals, that was fixed. Everything had been alright.

Until Opaline had suddenly burst into the throne room, setting the red carpet aflame and lunging at her with skill that exceeded Midnight's and power that matched her own. Twilight had just barely managed to defeat Opaline but during the entire fight, Twilight's alicorn empathy had been going off like crazy and now that she had defeated Opaline, she noticed that… it was now worse than before. Just as she’s about to tell the guards what to do, the world seems to shake as a wave of… something spreads across all of Equestria. Twilight manages to keep her balance and looks through one of the windows of the now badly damaged throne room and sees a… giant cracked orb in the sky with some sort of mystical energy surrounding it.

She hears Opaline laughing and looks to see Opaline giving Twilight a mix of a glare and a sinister smile. “Oh what will you do now, Twilight Sparkle?! How will you save Equestria from a spell that will spread across all of space and time?!” Opaline shouts and Twilight gives her one final look before flying out of the throne room. Once she’s out, she uses her alicorn empathy to talk to one of her newest and most talented students.

“Artemis! Are you there?!” She asks frantically and almost immediately, she gets a response.

“Princess Twilight! W-What is happening?!” Artemis asks and Twilight wishes she could give her a straight answer but she can’t.

“There’s no time to explain! I don’t know what’s about to happen but I have a feeling that magic is going to change in so many ways. Ways that most ponies won’t be ready for! And I… I feel like me and my friends won’t make it out of this even if we somehow stop it so just in case… I need you to promise me that you and your friends will help guard and take care of Equestria no matter what! Promise me!” Twilight pleads and Artemis hesitates for a bit but then agrees. “Ok good. Then I need you to prepare what we talked about… I’ll try to keep you updated.”

“O-Ok… what are you gonna do?” Artemis asks and Twilight once again looks at the orb and narrows her eyes.

“I’m gonna try and put a stop to this…” She says before she uses her alicorn empathy to communicate with her friends and fill them in on everything. Whether they could stop this thing or not, they were still gonna try.

For Equestria!


Two hours later

Well they had tried everything else and nothing had worked. The orb also seemed to be getting bigger too. Starlight, Starswirl, and Discord were able to figure out all the spells that were used to make this one so powerful and dangerous though, which meant that the Mane six just had to go inside this orb and use the elements to safely disrupt the spell on the inside. The only problem was… it could possibly trap them forever. And if it went wrong, it could either destroy everything or trap everyone.

“Twilight, you can’t! It’s too risky! We need to find another way!” Spike says as he and everyone else starts protesting against this plan. Twilight looks at them, then at the orb, then back.

“We’re out of time and we’re out of options… this is the only way…” She says as she and the Mane six all stand by each other, giving sad looks to all their friends and supporters and everyone frowns before their friends all surround them in a group hug as if they already knew that this was the last time they’d see the Mane six… possibly ever. Soon they all break the hug and the Mane six all look at the orb as their bodies glow. Twilight takes a moment to slightly turn and give a reassuring smile to everyone as she says the last words they would probably ever hear from her. “Friendship. Is… Eternal.”

And with that, they all take off into the orb at incredibly fast speeds, using the harmony magic that they still possessed to get to it, even with it all the way in the sky. As soon as they got in, it was like they had entered an entirely different universe and smaller orbs like the one they went in were all floating by, connected by mystical tendrils of energy. Twilight looks at one and notices that… she can see ponies. In some she can see humans or just ponies with four hooves instead of two legs. The others notice that for all of them and in each one, they notice that the ponies look different. Twilight even sees a orange pony with purple hair and… a transparent golden horn and wings? She’s an alicorn! These must be… other timelines and dimensions!

Twilight is about to question where the weak point is until she sees it and it… looks like a giant flower blooming. They all travel to it, avoiding and maneuvering timelines and dimensions to avoid ruining them. They all land around it and give each other nervous looks before Twilight nods and steps forward and they all do the same before they start using the harmony magic to disrupt the spell. After about a minute, they can see signs of it working and the spell starting to weaken. “Yes! It’s working, we’re doing it!” Rainbow shouts and Twilight smiles until she realizes something and frowns.

“But the spell can’t fully be stopped until it goes off… which means… we have to stay here to make sure it stays weakened enough to not interfere with other timelines and dimensions.” Twilight says and they all frown before looking at each other then at Twilight with determined looks.

“Well… if I have to go then I’m glad it’s while saving Equestria with you guys.” Rainbow says.

“We’ve got your back Sugarcube.” Applejack says.

“Always and forever darling.” Rarity says.

“No friend left behind.” Fluttershy says.

“EVER!” Pinkie yells.

Twilight can’t help but smile as tears start forming in her eyes and she closes them. “You girls are the best… I love you all.” Twilight says before the spell finally starts to go off and meanwhile in Equestria, it starts to show as wave after wave of energy starts coming out of the orb as it starts pulsating rapidly and getting smaller. This continues until it’s just a little tiny ball in the sky… then it explodes into a massive flash of light that shrouds Equestria in a beautiful show of both light and dark magic at work…

To be continued…

Author's Note:

Well… that was something, huh? Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this story as much or more than I enjoyed making it. More to come in the future but featuring Sunny and her friends along with Twilight and her own friends. And a few special guests but hey, you’ll see. Stay tuned 😉

Comments ( 2 )

Great story onto the next one

Login or register to comment