• Published 29th Aug 2022
  • 894 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Eternal - AlphaToothless95



This is the story of how Midnight and the Mane 6 first met, and how g5 (My AU) came to be.

  • ...
3
 15
 894

…Hateful foes

Lost.. angry.. nervous..

That’s how Twilight felt right now as she washed the dirt and ash off her face. She didn’t know what else to feel since she and her friends had just seen so much destruction caused by one alicorn that they have no idea the origin of. An alicorn they haven’t even seen yet and they seemed to have had a full day's head start over them. This.. was unacceptable. If they wanted to protect Equestria, they had to be better, faster, stronger.. all this power and she.. they don’t even know what to do with it or how to fully use it. At least not without hurting the ones they care about.

Twilight turns off the water, grabs her towel and dries her face, the pain in her muscles not going unnoticed as well as the migraine she had. She slowly comes to the realization that it’s not just any normal migraine.. it’s alicorn empathy.. she’s sensing something or someone. She uncovers her face and looks at herself, confused.. until all of a sudden Twivine appears in her reflection and she quickly backs up in surprise. When she does though, she ends up backing into someone and her alicorn empathy goes off like crazy. She spins around to see Midnight standing there. “You.. How are you here?!” Twilight asks angrily and Midnight just chuckles evilly.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily, princess.” She says and Twilight swings at her but her punch is blocked before she receives a punch to her face that knocks her into the wall. Midnight then pulls her away from the wall and swings her through the door leading into the hallway. Twilight groans in pain as she gets up and faces her opponent. She glares at Midnight who slowly walks towards her before throwing a punch and Twilight rolls under it, kicks her knee from behind, causing her to fall before she blasts her into the wall. She then stands up and glares down at her.

“We’ll see about that Midnight..” She says as she readies her magic into one fist and swings at Midnight only to have her wrist grabbed by a black armored hand. She looks at its owner and sees.. the alicorn they’d been looking for. She was exactly like ponies described and she had black and silver armor on with multicolored lights in some parts. Her wings were also multicolored and her teeth were sharp, as expected. She pulls Twilight into the air before kicking her in the stomach, knocking the air out of her. She rolls out of the way just in time as the alicorn tries landing on her.

She forms a magical blade and just as she’s about to attack her, Midnight kicks it out of her hand before slamming her head into the wall then allowing the alicorn to punch her onto the floor. Twilight is stunned from this but tries to get up anyway only for Midnight to pin her by the shoulder.

“Mark my words princess.. you, your friends, and everyone you know and care about.. you.. will all.. suffer!” Midnight yells before she grabs Twilight’s face, starting to fry her with magic and Twilight tries to fight back, managing to get her hand off before she gets the job done and she could swear she heard somepony calling her name and when she looks to where both Midnight and the new alicorn were, she sees Solaris and Sky Blazer standing over her instead with worried looks on their faces.

“Twilight! Are you ok?! What happened?!” Solaris asks with a panicked tone and Twilight slowly sits up and they help her. She looks around and sees that.. there’s no damage left from her battle, or “panic attack” is more like it, and yet it all looked and felt so real..

“Wha.. how..? What?” She asks, more lost than anything and she looks at the two young fillies with the same look on her face. “When did you two get here?” Twilight asks and they look at each other then at her.

“Not long ago, we just heard noises and came to check it out, only to find you on the ground.. kicking and flailing your arms around like you were..” Solaris says, her sentence being cut off as she and Sky slowly come to the same conclusion.

“Like you were.. fighting something.. or someone.” Sky says and Twilight sighs as she stands up, frowning.

“I..I was.. or at least I thought I was..” She says, much to Solaris and Sky's confusion. Seeing the confused expressions on their faces, she decides to explain what she means. “I saw.. Midnight. Her and the alicorn who had been destroying villages left and right..” She says and they both looked shocked, looking at each other once again then back at her.

Solaris goes to speak but Sky Blazer does it first. “We.. actually have been seeing those two as well just.. separate. I saw the new alicorn at the village we all went to at first.. and Solaris recently told me that it was Midnight she saw when we first met.” She says and Solaris sighs as Twilight grows a shocked and concerned look before crouching down to their level.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner..?” She asks and they both look nervous as they try to come up with an excuse but then think better of it and decide to tell the truth.

“We wanted to, honest, but.. we didn’t know if what we were seeing was even real.. plus.. we have something else to show you.” Solaris says before looking at Sky who sighs before slowly holding up one hand and multicolored flame and electricity starts coming off of it. Twilight looks amazed and a bit worried but before she can say anything, she hears Applejack calling her and looks at her friend.

“Applejack, what’s wrong?” She asks and the Earth Pony responds by saying that everyone else has some exciting news and they want her to be there when it’s revealed. “Ok.. well maybe after we hear what everyone else has to say.. you can talk to Rainbow Dash about your powers Sky.. ok? We'll help you master them and hopefully.. you have a bright future ahead of you.” She says and Sky smiles and she smiles back before they all walk to the throne room to hear the good news, Applejack leading the way.


“So.. they’re actually showing progress? At least most of them are?” Lightning Dust asks one of her only remaining allies and the most loyal one to Midnight. He was some sort of hybrid mix between a dragon and a hippogriff. He had blue scales, a spiked tail, sharp teeth, large wings and was bigger than an alicorn. He nods and Lightning Dust growls and punches a wall. “Cowards.. traitors! All of them.. We need a new plan since the newbie isn’t doing her job.” She says as she starts pacing and the hybrid seems to recall something.

“Tell me.. are you familiar with how Starlight Glimmer traveled back in time to stop the princess and her friends from meeting?” He asks and Lightning Dust gives a “so-so” gesture and he smirks. “Then we have our plan..” He says and Lightning Dust has a feeling she won’t like where this is going.


She had done a lot of terrible things as of late.. all to spite Rainbow Dash.. to make her pay for the ways she humiliated her.. but this? ..This was low, even for her. She could handle killing the present Rainbow Dash.. but killing the little one.. the one in the past.. it did things to her stomach that she didn’t like. She doesn’t know why or how she let Ragnar talk her into this plan of his.. but it felt wrong now that she was actually here.. years in the past when she and Rainbow Dash were still fillies.. fillies who didn’t even really know each other.

As she watched the younger version of Rainbow Dash race her current bullies.. she couldn’t help but note how innocent she looked.. no trace of the mare she would be one day.. for whom she had nothing but hate. Maybe a few traces of that mare but not enough to make her hate her now. She stands up on the cloud she was sitting on when she notices that the race is almost over and forms a solid lightning bolt in her hand made of gold before aiming it at the young filly and waiting for the perfect time. As the seconds start to feel like minutes then hours.. she felt.. disgusted with herself.. at how she was willing to kill a innocent filly who doesn’t even know her yet.. at how she had gotten so many innocents hurt or killed just to spite one mare.. the guilt.. it was starting to overwhelm her.

She starts to lower the lightning bolt.. until the darkness inside her takes over and she feels so much pain and rage and hatred as she screams in anger, throwing the lightning bolt just before Dash reaches the finish line. Closer and closer they both get.. Rainbow Dash actually managing to do the sonic rainboom.. a second before it hits her and the explosion is enough to knock everypony who was there at least a mile away, even Lightning Dust. She gets further and further away until she finally crashes and crashes hard. She stays conscious just long enough to see a single blue feather with a bit of blood on it float past her before she mumbles words that she never thought she’d say.

“Sorry Dash..” she says before she finally passes out, feeling nothing but guilt.. and a hint of sadness.


Present Day/The Throne Room

As everyone finishes talking, Rainbow suddenly feels.. numb.. her whole body does in fact.. She holds her head, feeling dizzy all of a sudden and getting sicker as time passes. “Uh.. guys.. I-I don’t.. feel so..” She tries to say, only to pass out before she can finish and Twilight immediately catches her.

“Rainbow?! Are you ok?! Rainbow?!” Twilight asks frantically before she notices that Dash is starting to.. fade.. literally. “W-What’s happening?! Rainbow!!” Twilight screams, shaking the pegasus to try and get her to wake up but she doesn’t stir.. she continues to fade until all that’s left.. is her element.. and a burned, bloody cyan feather. Everyone stares in shock and horror.. not knowing what just happened.. or where to start to fix it.

Author's Note:

I know what you’re thinking: “Oh no, Rainbow Dash is dead!!!” “Lightning Dust, how could you?!” “What the hell is THIS?!”. Let me explain. Rainbow Dash is definitely coming back and this has been on my mind for a while: What if Lightning Dust traveled back in time to kill Rainbow Dash?

It may seem like I’m just putting whatever I can into this story to make it more interesting, but hey, I’m just trying to have as much fun as I can without making this longer than it has to be or longer than I plan for it to be. I really want people to see the potential behind these stories. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and look forward to the next one.