• Published 29th Aug 2022
  • 894 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Eternal - AlphaToothless95



This is the story of how Midnight and the Mane 6 first met, and how g5 (My AU) came to be.

  • ...
3
 15
 894

Final Stand, Pt. 2

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long, my motivation was low for quite a while but I’m back at it. I also didn’t know how to think of a great way to show Midnight's defeat and everything that would take place. But now I know. The next chapter will be the final chapter… which I’m actually about to work on now and try to finish today soooo… yeah. This is it. What do you think will happen in the next chapter, especially since there’ll be a bit more of Opaline in it?

As both sides clashed and engaged in an epic, bloody battle, the main heroes had decided to stay at the front and provide support. Spike, Ember, Smolder, Starlight’s team, The Princesses, the reformed villains and everyone else start going all out with their powers to make way for the Mane 6 to give them a straight shot towards Midnight. Twilight gets the closest and is about to attack Midnight until Ragnar lands between them and sends out a wave of magic that stops the Mane 6 in their tracks. He uses the magic surrounding them to slam and drag them on the ground before tossing them up into the air.

Once they’re all high enough, he releases them and Pinkie, Applejack and Rarity all start falling. Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy all go to catch them but they’re knocked away by Sky Blazer. Pinkie, Applejack and Rarity all start panicking until Rarity gets an idea and starts blasting ice in the area where they’re about to land. This confused the two earth ponies until they sort of landed on whatever Rarity had made… and had started sliding down until it curved upwards. Rarity had made an ice slide. Clever.

They suddenly go flying into the air again but not as high and they land and roll forward, but Rarity being Rarity decides to just make an ice path for herself and her friends so they could avoid getting dirty from that. Once they stop, they all get up to see the evil versions of them and their friends coming at them. Rarity makes an ice wall that blocks them off. This gives them just enough time to split up and ready themselves for when they break through. Twivine bursts through and is immediately wrapped up by Applejack’s lasso. Applejack swings her straight into a roundhouse kick from Pinkie which knocks Twivine into the rest of the villains.

As Twivine recovers and sits up, she starts to hear beeping so she looks down and sees some sort of sticky bomb attached to her armor from Pinkie’s kick. Before she can take it off, it explodes, covering the elements of insanity, Ragnar, Astelle, and Midnight in some sort of incredibly sticky goo that keeps them right where they were. Sky Blazer suddenly crashes into some of it before Twilight, Rainbow and Fluttershy land by the rest of their friends. Rarity and Fluttershy nod at each other before Fluttershy starts blasting wind into a spot in the air above the villains and Rarity fires ice at the same spot and the wind starts making sure the ice stays in that spot and bunches up, forming something bigger and bigger.

Twilight and Rainbow Dash then fly above it and once it’s done, they start pushing it down towards the villains as fast as they can go. “Slow down!” Sky Blazer yells before a wave of magic spreads through the area, literally slowing down time and making all of the heroes slow down to a crawl, even Rainbow Dash. She keeps this going long enough for her and the other villains to free themselves.

“Like the new spell I learned? I was saving it for a situation just like this.” Sky Blazer says, smirking at Twilight who’s obviously struggling to move anyway. She’s about to finish them off until she remembers that she didn’t completely freeze everyone as she hears the sound of somepony, specifically a speeding pegasus… or multiple breaking the sound barrier. She immediately whirls around with her wings turning razor sharp and slicing right through two of the pegasi coming at her, Short Fuze and Rolling Thunder, immediately ending their lives. Lightning Dust, who was a little bit behind her now fallen teammates, has just enough time to maneuver around the attack and deliver a sharp high speed kick to Sky Blazer's face, knocking her a few feet away.

Lightning Dust looks at the bodies of her teammates and is immediately so distraught as she sees the shape that their bodies are in. She feels so much regret, guilt and sadness and all of that quickly turns to anger as she turns her attention back to Sky Blazer, the monster who had brought their lives to a swift, unjust end. She immediately goes to attack Sky Blazer again until she sends a wave of magic towards her. “Slow… down!” Sky says with an irritated tone. Lightning Dust immediately stops dead in her tracks.

Midnight chuckles as she and Sky Blazer walk closer to Lightning Dust. “And to think you were one of my best and most determined warriors, Lightning Dust. This is truly… disappointing. But if you choose to be weak… then you shall die like the rest of those pathetic creatures…” Midnight says before she starts walking off towards the Mane six. “Kill her.” She says, addressing Sky Blazer who nods and walks a bit closer to her. She forms her very own lightning blade and raises it, getting ready to decapitate the pegasus.

Before she can though, Lightning Dusts eyes start sparking with green and gold electricity and they look up to focus on her. “What in the-“ She starts to say but she’s cut off when the pegasus releases a burst of electricity from her body with a yell, sending Sky Blazer straight into Midnight which causes her to go flying forward.

This manages to free Lightning Dust from being frozen in time and she starts running circles around all the villains, forming a tornado after a few seconds. “I’ll show you weak Midnight!” She yells and right before she can deliver the finishing blow to all the villains, she feels something hot and buzzing pierce her chest, just narrowly missing her heart. She falls and rolls forward and comes to a stop, getting to her knees and looking down… to see a lightning blade in her chest but now just any lightning blade… She looks up to see Rainbow Death walking towards her with a smirk.

“Oh congratulations. You showed me weak on a whole new level.” Midnight says, clapping, her voice dripping with cruel sarcasm. Rainbow Death chuckles a bit then crouches to get on eye level with her weaker half’s rival.

“Guess we know who’s faster.” She says and Lightning Dust glares before she coughs, feeling the life starting to leave her body. This was it… she was actually dying. She looks up at Rainbow Dash who is clearly struggling even more to get free and help her and she gives a reassuring smile.

“Rivals… for life… right Dash?” She says and Rainbow’s eyes clearly show how distraught she is. “Don’t be sad… I… had a feeling this was coming. But I know you’ll stop her… as long as you… keep going… so… kick her ass… for me.” Lightning Dust says until Sky Blazer steps in front of her, glaring down at her.

“I’m afraid that’s not gonna happen.” She says before stabbing Lightning Dust in the heart with her blade. Lightning Dust grunts in pain and her breathing slowly starts to become more and more shallow… getting quieter and sounding more like wheezing… until she just stops breathing completely… and goes limp. Scootaloo, who was still helping to fight against the army, sees this and is instantly struck with a large feeling of sadness and anger. She screams and purple and orange electricity comes out of her, killing multiple of Midnight's soldiers. It also gets the attention of the princesses, Starlight's team and Spike.

After seeing Twilight and the others in trouble, they immediately make their way over to them and try to help but Sky Blazer uses her time freezing spell on them too. “Ah, the whole gang is here. Now I can fulfill my promise and show Twilight that no matter how much she thinks she’s suffered, it can always! Get! Worse!” Midnight yells, half excitedly, half angrily.

Shadow tendrils come out of her back and reach towards them all and Twilight and the others immediately all feel something awaken in them as their elements light up along with their bodies. This seems to last for minutes for them but to Midnight and the others, it was only seconds until the magic practically exploded, knocking Midnight and the other villains back then reaching Midnight's army and turning the original Deathbolts back into Wonderbolts and stripping the rest of Midnight's army of their excess magic and power, weakening them a large amount.

The magic then retreats back to the point of origin before it forms into a multicolored beam that reaches all the way into the clouds, lighting up the sky. The glow surrounding the Mane six goes down to a tolerable level and everyone can see that the Mane six have all achieved new forms. Kind of their super forms and their “harmony” forms mixed. Midnight is actually… scared at this point. She starts backing up and so do the rest of the villains as Celestia and everyone else gets free.

“You thought I hadn’t suffered enough? Well it’s quite the opposite Midnight, it’s you who hasn’t suffered enough! Not! Nearly! But don’t worry, your suffering… starts now.” Twilight says before she and her friends all split up and start fighting their evil counterparts. Midnight just watches, still backing up as the Mane six makes quick work of them.

Pinkie Pie literally ends up kicking straight through Pinka-mean-a at such a hide speed and with so much power that even after she disappears, the shockwave from the impact makes a giant trench right behind where she was standing.

Fluttershy uses all the different types of elements (Ya know, earth, wind, fire, and water) to restrain Flutterbat before combining all their power to crush and trap her, also making it more and more unstable until she unleashed a sonic scream, the resulting explosion even knocking Midnight, Astelle, Ragnar, and Sky Blazer back.

Applejack uses her lasso to wrap up the mouth of Angerjack's Ursa form then pulls it to make her fall. She then jumps up as high as she can, which was pretty high at this point then comes down as hard and as fast as she can with her strongest punch ready, a giant Ursa claw forming by her arm. When she’s close enough, she throws the punch right into her counterpart’s chest, the punch causing an explosion that makes a massive crater where her evil counterpart had been, fires coming through the cracks in the ground.

Rarity uses a magical diamond shield to protect herself from one of Nightmare Rarity's corruption blasts before using the shield to project an entire barrier around her counterpart then using her ice magic to freeze it from the inside out along with Nightmare Rarity. She then moves it to her using her magic and makes a stylish ice sword and channels her magic into it and her movements to slice faster than the eye can keep up with until the barrier and Nightmare Rarity both shatter into a thousand pieces, Nightmare Rarity's remains disappearing seconds after her demise.

Rainbow Dash is flying around, racing against her own evil counterpart until she stops and opens her wings, letting Rainbow Death fly past her. As soon as she turns around to see what Dash has planned, she receives a lightning blade to the heart. She’s stares in shock for a few seconds then slowly looks up but Dash immediately comes into view and delivers a powerful punch to the blade, destroying it, destroying her counterpart, and making a sonic rainboom all in one.

And last but definitely not least, Twilight is engaging in a magical air battle with Twivine until their magic clashes and it basically turns into a fight for control once again. “It’s over Twilight! Face it! You’ve lost and your reign is over! You and your friends, family, and followers will all die here. Don’t you get it?! This… is the end for you!” Twivine yells as she struggles with all her power to keep Twilight’s blast held back by her own.

Twilight smiles, noticing that Twivine doesn’t know… she’s holding back. “No… this… is just the beginning.” Twilight says before she starts increasing the power in her blast, starting to overpower Twivine until her blast connects, forcing Twivine down to the ground. Twivine screams in pain as the blast’s intensity increases to the point where she’s starting to disappear. Twilight then suddenly flys down towards her faster than she’s ever gone and lands right on her, the explosion of magic making a huge crater in the shape of her cutie mark.

Twilight slowly stands up straight and turns the glare on her face towards Midnight as her friends all land by her side with the same look on each of their faces. Midnight growls in annoyance, anger, and disbelief as the markings on her body start to glow more along with her eyes, wings, and mane. She then lets out a furious yell as her horn glows too and a tornado of red magic surrounds her, knocking the heroes back and even the villains are sent back a bit. Midnight charges forward and Twilight does the same before anyone can stop her and they both clash and Midnight teleports them somewhere as soon as they do. Not even three seconds after they’re gone, another airship appears in the air but this one was much much bigger than the last one that Midnight had that was taken over by the heroes and much more scary looking.

A red glow comes from the inside of it before Midnight and Twilight burst through the roof and Midnight slams Twilight onto the top of the ship. A lot of the ponies and other creatures on the ground notice that Midnight's appearance is… very different now. She now has six wings, she’s a bit bigger than before and her markings now looked scarier. Her voice was also the most demonic thing anyone has ever heard now as she yells down to her entire army. “KILL THEM ALL!!!” She yells, causing her army to resume fighting as the weapons on the ship come online and start aiming towards the ground. Rainbow immediately flys up and starts redirecting the ship's fire.

Celestia and Luna are about to go up and help until Astelle blasts them both before they can fly. “Finally! I’ve been dying for a little quality time between siblings. Haven’t you?” She asks and both Celestia and Luna sit up, glaring at her. She chuckles before trying to blast them again but they both teleport out of the way and Celestia appears above her and tries delivering a powerful punch to the top of her head but Astelle flys back just in time and the shockwave from the punch shakes the ground and forms a small dust cloud. Celestia immediately stands up straight and fires a beam of magic towards her but Astelle uses a magical shield to deflect it and it cuts across the ground, through clouds, through some of the weapons on the ship and through some of Midnight’s army.

Luna takes the chance to blast Astelle from behind, getting her attention and making her grunt in pain. Astelle pushes Celestia from behind then turns to Luna only for Luna to jump and deliver a magically charged flying back kick to her face. This kick sends Astelle back into Celestia who takes the chance to grab Astelle in her magic before slamming her around then throwing her into the air. Astelle is then yanked back down to the ground by some invisible magic force attached to the alicorn amulet which currently resides on her armor. Discord appears in front of her, sneering down at her and she tries to get up and blast him into oblivion but she’s frozen in place just as she gets up.

Celestia, Luna, and Discord all look to see Snowdrop releasing ice in Astelle's direction to keep her frozen. “Whatever you’re gonna do, please do it fast! I can’t hold her forever!” She says as she noticed Astelle's horn glowing which starts to melt the ice. Celestia, Luna, and Discord all nod at each other, all of them thinking the same thing, then they put their magic together and start combining it into one powerful blast. Astelle breaks free with a wave of magic that knocks Snowdrop back a good distance but as soon as she does, they unleash the blast into her direction and it impacts with the alicorn amulet and explodes, knocking Astelle a great distance away. It also manages to knock the amulet off of Astelle.

She recovers a bit and notices that it's gone and she looks towards where it landed. As soon as she sees it, she tries going to it and grabbing it but Discord appears and grabs it before she can. She immediately trips him up and grabs him by the throat before grabbing his tail too, raising him above her head and ripping him in half without hesitation. Once she drops him, she goes to grab the amulet again but Snowdrop jumps at her and kicks her away. She then makes a ice sword and starts attacking Astelle to keep her away from the amulet which gives Luna enough time to grab it.

Astelle yells angrily and breaks Snowdrop's sword and slashes her stomach with her own sword then smacks her away. Luna gets distracted and looks back to see if Snowdrop's alright but immediately gets grabbed and slammed by Astelle. Celestia blasts Astelle back then throws her weapon at her and it pierces her stomach. Celestia then teleports in front of her and grabs the weapon, lifting it and Astelle into the air and slamming her. Astelle quickly recovers and blasts Celestia back and yanks out the weapon only for Luna to stab a sword through her hand, pinning it to the ground. After that, she quickly puts a magic dampening ring on Astelle's horn. Astelle goes to grab Luna with her other hand but that one gets stabbed and pinned to and Celestia and Luna both use their magic to lock down Astelle's wings.

After all of them take a minute to catch their breaths, Astelle is the first to speak through ragged breaths and coughing. “I guess… that’s it then…. What are you waiting for little sisters? Go ahead… finish me off… it’d be better than going back in that prison.” She says and Celestia and Luna look at each other regretfully before Celestia walks closer to their older sister.

“No… that was never what we wanted Astelle… the only thing we wanted was our sister back… to undo all the mistakes that had been made.” Celestia says and Astelle looks up at her, obviously confused so she continues. “We never wanted to force you onto this path that you have chosen… and we didn’t want to send you into that prison for so long but you left us no choice. We… We didn’t always hate you Astelle… we loved you, we mourned you… we still do love you…” She continues and her saying that causes Astelle to look shocked, her eyes momentarily ceasing to glow.

“No… no! That’s a lie! You hate me! And the feeling is mutual! I was meant to inherit the role and power of the princess of the sun but then you came into the picture and stole that from me! You stole the love of both our parents, then the whole kingdom!” Astelle yells as her eyes start glowing again. Her hatred was clearly getting the best of her like always but… at least they saw some sort of sign that that could change.

“I didn’t ask for all that Astelle… I didn’t want to make a void between us, I wanted us to be sisters. I wanted to look up to you but you always pushed me away. But… for what it’s worth, I truly am sorry… do you hear me? I am sorry… I’m sorry for everything I did to you, to Luna… those many long years without you two… only made me regret what I had done more and more everyday… even to the point where I just wanted it all to end…” Celestia says, lowering her head and struggling not to let any tears fall from her eyes. “I sentenced both of you to a fate worse than death. One that would’ve killed you both had your alicorn status not rendered you unable to die… and for that, I am so… so sorry…” She says, still trying but eventually failing to stop herself from crying but at this point she didn’t care.

She was now on her knees before Astelle, who didn’t know how to feel at this point. She watches as Luna sits by her and leans against her and pulls her into a hug, also kinda crying herself. Astelle then remembers the very very few good times she had actually found herself having with them, individually or at the same time. She hadn’t always hated Celestia or Luna… there were points where she actually did want to protect them and be a good big sister to them… she actually hadn’t known what to do about her anger and resentment until Midnight had corrupted and manipulated her into using her anger to get everything she wanted… and not only did it cost her her freedom and her… humanity? Or whatever… it had also cost her her entire family. So this… none of this… was on Celestia, Luna, or their parents… it was on her and Midnight.

“I… It wasn’t… your fault… I’m the one who did this… all of this.” Astelle says, much to Celestia and Luna’s shock. Her eyes start to stop glowing completely and they notice that her voice is starting to sound less cold and scary and more… sympathetic and regretful. “I’m the one who should be sorry… You never let your hatred for me get in the way of loving me but I did… I let my own selfishness push me to betray my own family, my own home… how can I… how can I live with myself…?” She asks as she starts crying too as she truly realizes the error of her ways.

“Well… a good place to start would be helping us to defeat the monster who started all this in the first place… only if you’re up for it… sister.” Luna says as she uses her magic to remove the swords and the ring then holds her hand out towards Astelle slowly. Celestia does the same and Astelle looks at both their hands then smiles and slowly but hesitantly takes them. As soon as she does, they pull her into a hug that they’ve been waiting so many years for. She looks shocked for a few seconds then hugs them both back as tightly as she can… never wanting to let go again.

“Celestia, Luna! Come here! Hurry, it’s Discord!” They hear Snowdrop yell and immediately look over to see her sitting on her knees by Discord who’s still ripped in half. They all go over and he coughs and looks up at them.

“Well… glad to see the family is back together again… but not glad that I have to go so soon.” He says, coughing again before continuing. “Tell Fluttershy… that I thank her for teaching me the ways of friendship… and that I… will always…” He tries to say before going limp and letting out his last breath… or so Snowdrop thinks it is. Celestia, Luna, and Astelle know better.

“Alright alright, that’s enough Discord, we know that didn’t kill you, so stop being over dramatic.” Celestia says, rolling her eyes and smirking and Discord immediately disappears then reappears with his bottom half attached and he has a frown on his face.

“You really are no fun Celestia.” He says and this time they all roll their eyes. He then looks around a bit and notices something. “Say… where are Twilight and her friends right now anyway?” He asks and everyone immediately goes wide eyed as they realize exactly where they are.


Meanwhile, On Midnight's Airship

As the Mane six battles Midnight inside the airship, five of them couldn’t help but notice that out of all of them, Twilight was being the most aggressive. This was because Twilight still wanted to kill Midnight and after seeing what had happened to Lightning Dust, Rolling Thunder and Short Fuze, she was once again determined to put Midnight down for good.

They all throw everything they’ve got at Midnight and Twilight sees an opening, immediately going for it. Midnight sees this coming and not only blocks the blast Twilight had prepared for when she punched her but she redirects it and it starts damaging the ship, just narrowly missing hitting her friends. She doesn’t care much though as her only focus was to make Midnight suffer then kill her. She knees Midnight, forcing her back a bit then sends a wave of magic towards her that knocks her even further back. Midnight growls in annoyance and teleports when Twilight tries doing it again. She appears behind Twilight and immediately uses a shadow tendril to uppercut Twilight through the roof.

Midnight then quickly deflects a blast of lightning from Rainbow Dash and sends it towards Applejack, forcing her to dodge out of the way. Rainbow Dash flys towards Midnight, dodging her attacks, and then wraps her legs around her head and uses her momentum to spin the large alicorn around before slamming her with her legs. She then starts punching Midnight nonstop and tries stabbing her with her lightning blade, only to be blasted into the roof and fall back down not long after. Pinkie runs around Midnight, shooting her with her party pistols. Fluttershy starts flying around the room, using a bow to fire lightning arrows at Midnight. While Midnight is distracted and slowly being worn down by the barrage of arrows and bullets, Rarity runs towards her then slides past her, cutting her leg in the process which almost makes her fall. She decides to close in some more and proceeds to keep attacking Midnight, even freezing one of her legs to try and keep her where she is.

Applejack runs at Midnight then jumps at her, charging her power to her legs right as she delivers a kick to Midnight’s face. She’s sent flying towards the wall behind her and as soon as she slams into it, the ship shakes slightly. “Hey, careful! We don’t want it to fall on everyone below us!” Rainbow says and that gives Midnight an idea. She smirks and starts channeling her magic throughout her entire body. She then slams both her firsts down, sending her magic into the ship and cutting the power. Everyone starts feeling the ship kinda tilt forward and they immediately panic as they knew what was happening.

“What do we do?! Everyone’s about to go splat and whoever survives will go boom along with us!” Pinkie says and everyone tries to think of something as they start sliding towards the front of the ship. They then start floating due to the ship descending and this goes on for a full minute until they start to stop floating and they can feel the ship slowing down.

“Wait, we’re stopping! But… how?” Fluttershy asks and Rainbow and Midnight come to the same conclusion and Midnight yells in annoyance and anger. Meanwhile, Twilight was below the ship, holding it up with all her strength. It was heavier than it looked and if it had hit the ground at the speed it was going, the shockwave would’ve destroyed everything within over a hundred miles from here. She looks down and sees that not everyone has moved, most of them still too busy fighting to notice what was happening.

“Everyone out of the way! Now!!!” Twilight screams, using the Royal Canterlot voice to yell loud enough for everyone to hear her and she sighs in relief as she sees everyone starting to move out of the way. That is, until she feels the ship suddenly being forced down by Midnight’s magic. She tries everything she can think of to try and stop it from landing but if she can’t stop it, she can at least slow it down and redirect it. She turns it towards an area where everyone would be in the least danger and then starts pushing against it's weight to try and slow it's fall. This was also so it wouldn’t blow up and kill the others. Closer and closer the ship gets to the ground until it finally impacts with the ground and starts sliding across it, even breaking through a mountain.

It suffers quite a lot of damage until it finally stops and for a bit, nothing happens. The heroes and villains all watch, anxious and worried. Everyone was alive of course, but once Twilight gets some time alone with Midnight… that would certainly change… she’d make sure of it… she’d kill Midnight in front of everyone and make her pay for everything she had done…

And no one… was going to take that away from her… and if they tried… they’d suffer the same fate.