• Published 29th Aug 2022
  • 893 Views, 15 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Eternal - AlphaToothless95



This is the story of how Midnight and the Mane 6 first met, and how g5 (My AU) came to be.

  • ...
3
 15
 893

Reformation is Magic

Everyone stared, shocked and beyond a little confused by Twilight’s decision. They were even more shocked that the idea came from Rainbow Dash of all ponies. Discord bursts out laughing, holding his stomach and nearly keeling over with amusement. At some point he starts crying tears of laughter, earning glares, mainly from Twilight and Rainbow Dash. He looks at them and eventually sees that they’re not joking and his laughter ceases.

“Oh.. oh you’re not kidding.” He says and Twilight shakes her head and he looks shocked again and shakes his head. “Twilight Twilight Twilight, sweet, innocent, naive, Twilight. I think it’s all well and good that you continue to look for the best in creatures.. but I can assure you that every single one of our.. guests lacks a single bit of what you’re trying to find.” He says and Twilight glares even more and steps a bit closer.

“You don’t know that for sure. None of them were ALWAYS bad, they just had certain ideologies and.. took them too far. Midnight is the one who was pure evil but we saved Solaris. The good part of her.. wouldn’t it be worth a shot to at least try to do that for the others.” She asks and everyone looks at each other then at her.

“Twilight, as much as I hate to admit it.. not everyone can be saved.. and not everyone WANTS to be.. Believe me.. my sister and I have tried.” Luna says and everyone is immediately thinking of Astelle. Celestia frowns and nods in agreement.

“Well some of them might want a change but just don’t know how to say or are afraid to admit from fear of being seen as weak or pathetic.. take Cozy Glow for example. She was just a normal pegasus filly but had a lack of attention from her parents and trouble making friends.. she found out her talent and left home to become the ruler of Equestria and make as many friends as she wanted by force.” Twilight says, looking at everyone’s reactions before continuing. “Did she have a good ideal? Part of it was good, she just wanted friends and attention. Did she take it too far? Definitely, but does that mean she can’t change? No.”

“Twilight-“ Celestia tries to say but Twilight wasn’t having any objections.

“No, just think about it.. I mean.. Luna.. don’t you want your friend back?” She asks and Luna freezes up and frowns, looking down.

“I do.. but I don’t even know if Snowdrop is still in there.. it might just be Frostbite left.. and my friend might truly be dead..” Luna says and Twilight realizes where she went wrong.

“I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to intrude.. but we have a chance to right the wrongs of the past.. shouldn’t we take it..? I mean.. Rainbow Dash was reluctant at first but she agrees with me and trusts me now.. why can’t you all do the same.” Twilight asks and Discord scoffs, earning a confused glance from her.

“Trust is earned.. and considering the secret you’re keeping, you have a few things to do before you can earn mine.” Discord says, earning confused looks from everyone but a horrified one from Twilight as everyone’s eyes are set on her.

“Twilight.. what is he talking about?” Spike asks and Twilight looks nervous and backs up a bit.

“N-Nothing, just ummm.. just something we talked about a while back.” Twilight says but no one looks convinced and she sighs. “Are you really gonna make me say it Discord..?” She asks and he gives an annoyed nod. “Fine.. a while after we stopped Midnight, I.. I started hearing Twivine in my head.. swearing revenge against all of us..” Twilight says and everyone looks shocked or lets out a gasp.

“I thought you said she was gone after we stopped Midnight!” Rainbow yells, annoyed and feeling betrayed.

“I lied.. at first I really thought she was gone but when I found out she wasn’t.. I wanted to tell you.. all of you.. but everytime I tried, I just.. couldn’t. It was as if something was stopping me.. and it might have been her.. she’s even given me nightmares before and I’ve.. tried talking to her but I can’t get her to talk to me.” Twilight explains and everyone is either cautious or just annoyed.

“How do we know she’s not watching us right now or making you tell us all this?” Sunset asks and everyone agrees and Twilight tries to calm everyone before things get out of hand.

“I can sense when she’s watching but that’s pretty much all she can do right now.. she’s not strong enough to control my body or my actions directly, not anymore. Right now we’re evenly matched and the battle for control between us is never-ending.. but I can keep control a lot better than I used to.” Twilight says before Rainbow notices something.

“Wait.. all those times that one of us caught you acting strange.. it was because of her?” She asks and Twilight hesitantly nods before shaking her head.

“Look, we don’t need to worry about me, I can handle Twivine.. and you all know I was at least trying to tell you the truth.. thanks a lot Discord for forcing it out of me.” She says, glaring at Discord who gives a smug smile and a bow. “All I need to know.. is if you all trust me enough to at least TRY and help our enemies change their ways.. if we don’t, we’d be no better than them..” Twilight says, looking at her own hands and clenching them. “We’d just be giving them a different punishment.. increasing their hatred for us.”

After that, everyone thinks about it really hard. Could Twilight be right? They had defeated the villains fair and square.. they’d won. But in the end, they were just condemning their enemies to a fate many of them have already suffered through before. And in doing so, increasing their hatred for all of them. Maybe reforming them was the right call.. it could help them create a better future for themselves and for the rest of Equestria. After a few minutes to think, they all decide that they trust Twilight enough to go along with the plan. She squeals happily and starts jumping up and down with joy, prompting Pinkie to do the same while giggling. Rainbow can’t help but chuckle a bit along with everyone else and Twilight stops, giving an embarrassed giggle before clearing her throat and straightening her posture.

“Thank you all.. it means a lot.” Twilight says and Starlight steps up and puts a hand on her shoulder.

“You can thank us by making sure this works.” She says and Twilight chuckles and nods.

“It’ll work, I promise..” Twilight says and everyone smiles at her, Solaris at the entrance to the throne room smiling too.

“I hope it goes well for them.. Equestria needs more good in it rather than bad.” She says before starting to walk off. As soon as she turns around though, she bumps into someone’s leg and looks up to see Midnight glaring down at her. “N-No.. How?” She asks but Midnight just smirks and starts reaching down towards her to grab her and she starts cowering away, backing into the door which was closed and she closes her eyes, preparing herself only to feel a hand on her shoulder. She hesitantly opens her eyes only to see a pegasus filly with black fur, multicolored eyes, mane, feathers, and tail and a flaming lightning bolt for a cutie mark.

“Ummm.. are you ok?” The pegasus asks and Solaris looks around for any sign of Midnight before nodding, accepting her help to stand up.

“Y-Yeah just.. kinda had a panic attack but I’m ok now.. thanks.. what’s your name?” Solaris asks and the Pegasus seems to think about it before shrugging.

“Ummm.. I don’t know.. to be honest I don’t remember anything before I woke up outside this kingdom..” She says and Solaris is genuinely shocked.

“Oh, you poor thing.. well don’t worry, I’m sure Princess Twilight and the others can help you get your memory back, and if they can’t, I’ll try.” Solaris says and the pegasus smiles at her.

“Thank you..” She says before the doors suddenly open and Twilight and her friends are on the other side, looking frantic.

“Twilight? What’s going on?” Solaris asks.

“A village was attacked a while ago.. by an alicorn, we’re just now receiving word of it.” Twilight explains and Solaris asks if she and her new friend could come. “I don’t know.. it could be dangerous.. who is this again?” Twilight asks and Solaris just gives a short response.

“We’ll explain on the way, come on!” Solaris says as she and her new friend join Twilight and the others. Twilight sighs and teleports them all to the village and it’s worse than they thought..

Burning buildings everywhere, fried bodies, injured ponies.. but the thing that really caught everypony’s eyes were the rainbow colored flames that affected the village. This completely baffled the group of friends. They had never seen anything like it.. but Twilight and Rainbow Dash have.. when Rainbow Dash had first gone into her “super form”. Twilight slowly looks at Rainbow Dash before going to ask what happened.

“What happened here.. who did all this?” She asks one of the injured ponies and they try to explain, groaning in pain the whole time.

“I.. I don’t remember that much about them but they had wings.. red eyes.. a rainbow colored mane.. they moved at incredibly fast speeds.. and had such incredible strength.. they were able to throw a house..” The pony says and everypony looks at Rainbow Dash until Twilight asks if the pony saw anything else about them, anything at all. “Yeah.. they had.. a horn as well..” The pony says and everyone sighs in relief that it wasn’t Rainbow that did all this. But an alicorn.. there was an alicorn out there who was causing destruction and they had no idea why.

“Just hold on ok? I’ll be back with help. All of you stay here until I come back, and watch over this village.” Twilight says and they all nod before she teleports away. The pegasus looks around confused, all of this seeming.. familiar somehow. Suddenly, behind a wall of fire, she can see a silhouette of an alicorn with red eyes and a rainbow mane.. looking at her. She doesn’t know what to say or do until Solaris grabs her shoulder, turning her attention to her.

“Hey.. you ok..?” She asks and the pegasus doesn’t answer for a bit, looking back to the spot only to see the silhouette is gone. She then turns back to Solaris and nods.

“Yeah.. just.. thinking of some names for myself..” She says, gaining a confused and concerned look from Solaris.

“Really? Now?” She asks and the pegasus hesitantly nods. “Well.. I hope you at least thought of a good one.” She says and the pegasus seems to think about it before getting an idea.

“How about.. Sky Blazer?” She asks and Solaris thinks about it before nodding.

“Sky Blazer.. I like it.” She says and Sky Blazer smiles, prompting Solaris to smile back. Meanwhile, Lightning Dust was sitting in a cloud not far from the village, having seen what happened earlier and coming back to see the outcome. She hadn’t planned on the new alicorn to just destroy a few random villages but if it got the attention of Dash and her friends, then it was worth it in her eyes.

“And so it begins..” She says with a evil smirk as lightning radiates off her. “Ok then.. we’ll do it your way.. newbie..”