• Published 2nd Sep 2022
  • 366 Views, 8 Comments

The Artificer Comes - Tower of 0



Strange magical surges all over Equestria pull forth a visitor from another world. One that could be hiding more than they know.

  • ...
2
 8
 366

The Artificer

Sunlight filters in to the room through way of curtains that aren't exactly closed up and glass panels on the door to the balcony. The glorious rays of Celestia herself seem adamant on waking up the guest currently and happily snoozing away in his bed. At first, he attempts to swipe at the invading brightness to get it away, then resorts to flipping his entire body over just to snuggle further into his blankets. Peace at last, or so he thinks. A few polite knocks at his door causes him to crack an eye open. After all the work he's done in recent times, he finally gets to rest and can't.

"No rest for the wicked." He murmurs to himself, the goblin sitting up in his bed and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

Anneto, or Yeeticus rather as he's come to reveal the rest of his name, had been hard at work fabricating a device to inhibit the use of magic to Equestrian standards. Mostly getting tested on himself to make sure no outside sorcery was immune to its effects. Once it was perfected, he handed the technology over to the capable hooves of Celestia and her sister Luna to be applied to the recent resident of Tartarus. After that was his promise to show Twilight the other side of his Gate. The excitement of being somewhere between universes became a little too much for the purple unicorn and the result was her fainting on the spot. Ox gladly carried her back through the portal. After such a thrilling event, Yeeticus decided to stick around for a just a little while longer to make sure there aren't sizable magic storms lingering and that Weylan hasn't escaped. So far he hasn't and going by what Tia tells him the storms seem back to normal.

Yet, today feels different. May be it could be that he's finally deciding to leave today. Not that he's just going to disappear completely, Yeeticus did promise to visit or have Tia visit for tea and maybe cake. Her favorite kind too. He more than enjoyed his time here, hoping to come back to Equestria soon. Hopefully under better circumstances.

A calm smile comes over his features as he flattens out the covers on his bed. Now dressed in his usual attire, leaving the plates wrapped together on his back, leaving his coat looking a little less bulky. He ears a click as the door to his room as it starts to open. In peeks the head of one of his closest friends here: Celestia, the Solar Princess an co-ruler of Equestria. A soft smile on her muzzle as she spies her goblin comrade.

"It's about time you woke up." She says in a jokingly snarky tone.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard to when those pesky rays of sunlight are as persistent as the one who raises them." Yeeticus shoots right back at her, putting the finishes touches on making his bed.

Celestia just giggles as she walks up to him, a sigh leaving her muzzle, her eyes betraying the true sorrow she feels over her smile. "So today's the day you return to your world."

"Not exactly. It's more of a space in between universes. Kind of like a sea with no ocean." He replies to her, turning to look at her with some finality. "Don't worry, Tia, I won't be gone forever. I'll come visit and you can certainly do the same."

Her eyes light up a bit, but her sad smile remains. "That may be true, but have you considered just staying with us?"

"I could, but that would be dangerous since I don't now just how much your universe can take of meddlesome goblins and their enemies." He jests as he walks over to grab a backpack full of his things.

"I think we handled ourselves pretty well." Celestia tries to prod, unsure if she's actually joking herself.

"No, you both got knocked out with some feedback while I handled it."

"Rude."

"Yet, it's true."

"Yet, it's true." She mimics. Honestly she will miss this. "Mind if I walk with you? Luna should be meeting us at the portal."

"Not at all." He warmly smiles at her.

The castle itself seems a little more serene as the two walk. They keep their pace slow as to savor their company, but it also seemed that the castle was a little on the empty side. The goblin had no reason to ask, he suspected it was so other wouldn't see their Princess shed tears over something that she could deny. Yet she refuses, for good reason since it's kind of hard to deny the existence of a creature that had attacked ponies or the fact that two storms had themselves over the Everfree or the very obvious scarring of the ground. Also Yeeticus not bothering to hide himself during the stay in the castle. The attention put him off for a little while, not being used to it, more of taking the backseat and staying in the background when he could. As Celestia is now aware, sometimes he does have to take direct action. Weylan is just another on his long list of direct action needed to be taken.

Yet, he feels oddly satisfied in taking the stage on Weylan. It may have something to do with the fact he's a link to his old self. To prove himself that he's better now? That he's stronger? He doesn't know for sure. He just knows he feel satisfied. Yeeticus softly bumps in to Celestia's leg, drawing him from his thoughts. This gets a bit of a chuckle out of her as she drapes a wing around his shoulders.

"Daydreaming, my little goblin friend?" She chuckles at him.

"I guess so. Sorry, Tia." He responds.

"No need to be sorry. I rather enjoy your company."

Yeeticus just smile as he resigns himself to being tucked under her wing as they walk. He feels oddly at ease within her wing. Given that this is going to be goodbye just for today. Sure, he also has plans to be away for while, other matters to tend to that Celestia has been made aware of. Yet he just savors the time he has with her now. It doesn't take them all that much longer to arrive at the chamber, Luna patiently waiting for them just outside the door. A small smirk coming to her face upon seeing the two.

"Ah, thy observe the noble Anneto hath been taken captive." She comments.

"Nothing I couldn't break my way out of." He chuckles as he fakes a struggle against his friend.

Celestia reacts accordingly and attempts to keep him in her grasp.

He does eventually 'break free' from the Solar Princess' hold. "Everything should be ready. Weylan shouldn't be escaping anytime soon either."

"Indeed, tis a bittersweet day for us all."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic." He chides in a teasing tone. "I shouldn't be gone long."

"That's what we're hoping for, my little goblin."

With that said, they decide to open the door into the chamber that once was the goblin's makeshift workshop. The only thing sitting in the room is his second Gate that's shut off in the current moment. The trio starts walking towards the gate, being the master of ceremonies, Yeeticus steps forward and pushes the lever up. The device hums to life as power courses through it. Lights flicker on as the goblin turns to face both alicorns.

"Well, it's been fun ladies, but duty calls." Yeeticus smiles at them as he says this. "I'll come back when I have time and open this baby back up."

"We'll look forward to your return, be safe." Celestia tells him, trying to hold back her tears.

He just smirks a little and takes a step forward to hug Celestia. It's admittedly held a bit longer than is normal. Once he breaks away, it becomes Luna's turn for a hug bye. It's a little awkward for the Lunar Princess since she still isn't used to any close contact other than her sister. She enjoys it either way while doing her best to return the gesture. It lasts for only a minute before she steps away from him. The portal in the device has already formed and ready to transport the goblin back. Yeeticus takes a few steps forwards, looks back, then grins at them before jumping into the open gateway. The pool of energy waves as if it were water before just settling again shortly after. Seconds pass by before a book comes out of the portal and it shuts off. Curious, Celestia uses her magic to lift the tome up off the floor to read the cover. Smiling as she reads the title.

The Artificer's Journal

Author's Note:

Well well well, here we are at the end of another tale. I feel it's a little mediocre in some places, but that's something to learn from in the future. Anyway, I'd like to thank all of you who've taken the time to just read my stories, for the likes, the faves, the watches. I appreciate them all even though I may not be that vocal about it. I do hope you have enjoyed this tale, and thank you for taking the time to check it out.

See you soon,
Tower of 0

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment